4Kia Sportage

Features

t00dles
t00dlesQLD, 400087 posts

The worst experience

This company is by far the worst I’ve ever encountered. I ordered a brand new Kia Sportage GT line and received it with faulty engines mounts. It took months for Kia to repair the issue. I’ve since asked for costs to be refunded due to loss of money due to the fault and Kia are doing a great job of avoiding and ignoring me. I’ve made countless calls to Kevin and Cameron at Kia and I am ignored repeatedly. I’ll be going as high as I can legally with this due to their lack of customer care. Would never buy a Kia again.
JM E.
Pankaj S.
Pankaj S.3 posts
  Sportage NQ5 FWD 2.0L Petrol S

Amazing Car - Great Value

I own a Kia Sportage S since March 2023. I love the performance, the features and the convenience of owning this beautiful machine. Fuss-free drives, excellent value for money. I highly recommend it. Show details
Acceleration / Power
Dave
DaveNew South Wales2 posts
  Sportage QL GT-Line AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic

Value for money, and a great drive!

Over 45000km in, and the Sportage is still comfortable, quiet, and going strong!
-60km round trips to work 4 days a week
-3 round trips from the NSW Hunter to Qld Gold Coast
-Numerous trips to Sydney
-Plenty of shopping centre trips
It's not only easy to park, but also stable at freeway speeds. The Turbo Diesel also manages between 6.1 to 8lt per 100km, depending on the traffic. It's pretty rare to get over 7 on my commute though, which is nice. 700km per tank (50ishl refuel).
The sunroof is an added bonus, and makes it feel lighter and more open, especially for my 6ft4 frame!
Scheduled service comes in just under 12 months at my usage, and is every 15000km. Prices are fixed, and not too bad.

Overall, VERY happy with the purchase! Show details

Overall
Noise Level
AdrianKPerth, WA2 posts
  Sportage NQ5 AWD 1.6L Turbo Petrol GT-Line

Very impressed - first Kia purchase

We've had a Kia Sportage NQ5 GT 1.6 Petrol since just after it was released in Australia and it has hardly missed a beat. Took it up to the North West of WA for a 4,000km+ trip and it was a pleasure to drive in. The smaller engine capacity was definitely improved by being a turbo. I don't get so many chances to drive it so much these days as it is my wife's car of choice:(. There are way too many great features to mention here.

The lane following assist function can be a bit erratic but the smart cruise control is a great help on longer journeys. I would highly recommend it for someone after a mid-sized SUV. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Jerard
JerardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Sportage QL SLi 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Kia car

Hi
it is 3 months that my cars control panel has damaged. I take it to Kia black burn Melbourne and they told me that they ordered a part and will call me after about 6 weeks.
After six weeks they called me and I took my car there, and after one day ( without giving me a substitute car) they said:” it’s not received yet”!
And it’s again 7 weeks that I am waiting!!
I will sell it and never buy Kia again.
It’s the second major defect It has had!
David C.
Brad T.
Brad T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC26 posts
  Verified Sportage QL SLi 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Neck ache - headrest

Bad neck ache -- as a result, dizziness -- due to headrest [head restrainer] protruding too far out. Sold the SUV in 3 months. Everything was fantastic, but just the headrest.
In I.
In I.7 posts
Peter
Peter3 posts
  QL

Done 70,000 kms and very happy so far

Purchased the car as a demo. It gets used all the time for commuting for work and interstate travel. I love the diesel which purrs along nicely. Had no issues whatsoever to date and have done 70,000 km since February 2020. The diesel motor and the six speed gear box are older technologies so I would expect them to be reliable.
Update: it has now done 115000 km and my comments above have not changed. Show details ·  1
Craig
CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Sportage NQ5 AWD 2.0L Turbo Diesel SX

Great economy and good performance, comfortable ........ but absolutely terrible headlights

I have the 2022 Sportage SX Diesel, overall I'm really happy with most aspects of the car, the fuel economy is great averaging 5.8L/100 over a total of 7000K , the engine delivers good power and smooth suspension and quiet ride. Great size boot area and comfortable seats, the Audio system is quite good too. The only downside really is the Headlights, and when I say they're bad I really do mean bad. So if you do much night driving I'd highly recommend taking one for a test drive at night prior to purchase. They're that bad that I feel they're actually dangerous. Show details
george infanti
george infantiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC18 posts
  Sportage QL Si Premium 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Sportage transmission is suspect

I have owned my 2019 Kia sportage from new. It has travelled 34000 km and the CVT is already playing up. Kia suvs get these great reports but have plenty of issues that no one reports. Poor braking, cheap materials, CVT issues, rattles etc. You get what you pay for. My ASX that I traded in on the Kia was probably a better vehicle. Show details