nice to drive very comfortable

all the safety features you could want I like it its good price up front its capped price services 3 years are excellent great field of vision all round safe economical good drive

Purchased at lander toyota for $33,490.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Toyota, could be better.

I go to an from work an shopping, but long trips, undered powered, I got three kids an it is a bit small for them, I got the two wheel drive because the All Wheel Drive use too much petrol which makes the engine work harder. I am use to a two wheel drive any way. Plus the all Wheel Drive cost more to service/own/ etc, I can,t see the point of an A.W.D car. Diesel is only good for medium to long trips, not made for short trips.

Date PurchasedOct 2006
DriveFWD

Top of the line!!

We picked up a Toyota Rav4, AWD cruiser, fully loaded.
That comes with heated leather seats, sunroof and all safety bells and whistles of newer models.
It is a safe car and gives 12 km /l, which is impressive for a 2.4 l engine.
Very smooth and a pleasure on any kind of surface.
Disadvantage:
No AC vents to the back seats. Not sure why no one thought of these.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Wow Toyota make cars that last

My Toyota Rav 4 and myself have been everywhere from driving on an open road to driving in the city absolutely perfect

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Best buy

My Rav4 is used mainly for my work related travels. Being a driver of toyota for approximately 10 years now, I was really eager to drive this car. With no doubt, it delivered my expectations. I regularly send my rav4 for a semi annual service at the toyota centre. No issues since bought and have always performed great!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Amazing!

We recently had to purchase a new car and I am so glad that I got the Rav4. It handles great, it is really safe for my young family and I really enjoy taking for a drive. I have had Toyotas for about ten years now and I wouldn’t go back. I highly recommend the car!

BadgeAdvantage
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Wouldnt ever recommend or buy another!

I have a 2016 Rav4 GXL auto which is a company car, and have had multiple issues. I drive approx 30000 kms a year for work, through regional and remote NSW, often without mobile service and this car makes me so stressed in these situations as it is unreliable.
First time driving on dirt on factory tyres (not at high speed either mind you!) and the back slid out and across the road, andI had to get ATTs fitted straight away. Drives terribly in the wet, if you accelerate when its raining (ie changing speed zones) the back starts to fishtail. Vehicle overheats randomly, although it doesnt register that its overheating and its only when you realise the outside temp is showing as ridiculously high/you smell burning/steam comes out the bonnet you realise. By this time the bonnet is to hot to even touch to open to let the heat out. Dealership say they cant find anything wrong with it because the computer isnt registering it overheating (which is the whole problem).
Absolutely chews through petrol, and has no guts to the motor.
60,000kms on the clock, and now having issues with pulling to one side when accelerating, and losing traction in both wet and dry as if the tyres were bald (but tyres still have plenty of tread)
Today i aquaplaned on the freeway on a STRAIGHT bit of road as if i was driving on ice.
Would never spend my own money on one amd would never recommend to anyone who wanted to drive outside of a city.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great reliable car

Partner has had three for his company car that I get to drive daily.
Service as per schedule with no faults.
Car is reliable, zippy and has the necessary safety features.
Safety feature has helped avoid a collision.
The car might be ending its model life (looking forward to driving next gen), but there isn't much to fault.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Got the happy man feeling

I have had 9 new vehicles and 3 near new vehicles over the past 28 years plus many others.
The first two new ones were hiluxes 1991 and 1997 never had a spanner on them ,never had a problem and i serviced them myself. All the others Holden Ford Mitsubishi etc we have need to go into the sickbay a bit to much.
So when needing a new family car last year we got a Rav4 after looking at them for a couple of years.We are all tall people but we fit into the midsize easily.
In summary its a very nice vehicle ,

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Missing standard basics

I bought a 2015 Rav4 basic model, so shocking to see how Toyota taking advantage of their name and goodwill. When it compares to similar Xtrail or CRV, Rav4 has got nothing to give to customers.

1.The remote key only has 1 lock and unlock option, even lower end cars these days have boot open and car horn buttons.

2. Shock absorbers are not smooth at all.

3. No headlights adjustment option.

4. Noisy car! Horrible deck noise.

5. Toyota didn’t put a full size spare tyre, and there’s no room if you want one either.

I have just mentioned the basics that other similar SUV’s comes with no extra cost. So think before you make your choice.

Pros: drives well, handles well.
Fuel economy 8L/100 mixed.

BadgeZR6
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Buy once and forget it!

Car has scored five stars and safety. Performance of car very good and safety features of very nice. Adaptive cruise control is very handy. Very good on the fuel. Running cost is one of the cheapest. It’s the best car I can ever have. Cost these little expensive than other companies.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Practical and stylish

I bought the basic model. Just love it. I use the car for commuting and family. The best part of the car is the safety features. My friend got a Mazda CX-5 at the same time when we purchased this car, their car is higher end and more expensive, but doesn’t include these important features and sensors. The rav4 got huge space, it so comfortable to sit in even for the back seats.

BadgeCV
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Reliable Car

I love my 1998 Toyota Rav 4. I've had mine since September 2009 and haven't had any major issues with it at all. Such a great reliable car and will be upgrading to a new version of Rav 4 soon in the next few years based on how amazingly this one has ran :)

Date PurchasedSep 2009

Reasonably happy with car....

Looks good, drives good but lacks modern technology. I have a 2017 RAV4 which does not have all the modern features such as, lane sensors, front cameras etc you would expect from a new car. I think there's better value for money cars out there. I had a NIssan Qashqai before my Rav4 and I much preferred the Nissan.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

2018 Rav4 2.5 AWD GX

Bought a brand new 2018 Rav4 2.5 auto AWD GX and i am not happy. These new Rav4s have gutless noisey motors and have excessive road noise emitting throughout the cabin area. The ride quality of this car is hard and bumpy. The headlights for nightime driving in dark country areas are very poor on low and high beams. The inside bottom of all four doors collect large amounts of wet and dry debri and are potential rusting areas. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Space saver spare just plain rubbish

Warning I did not buy my 2018 Rav4 Cruiser to go shopping. I bought it for touring to some remote places. So without knowing about the space saver temporary spare tyre I signed a contract and found out later. Salesman telling me he can get me a full size spare but it won't fit in the boot properly. So I read up on the temp spare and found lots of problems. Like can only travel at 80kms, and only 500 or so kms, and no safety features work, and the vehicle will be lower on one side. Where to put full size flat tyre if not fit in space saver area? Tire pressure warning light will come on and won't turn off etc... Not good so back to dealer for quote on full size spare? Can't risk it.

Price for the full size steel rim and tyre (painted silver) 18x8 wheel nuts included - $605+gst.

Genuine alloy (like for like) $1965+gst Alloy Rim and Tyre.

Would like a proper alloy but too expensive so have to have steel wheel nuts for this steel spare option or no insurance. So not good Toyota. Also have to buy roof cargo rack to store. And would you pay 2K for one rim and tyre? Then you have more money left than me. Even $600 is off the chain for a steel wheel and tyre. Then 1k for rack. Not to mention lifting wheel onto roof.

So wrote to Toyota customer care online. Telling them spent 50K to get 5 wheels and only got 4.5 can they help? Why spend money to get a problem like this? No answer 24 hours. Why such overpriced for full size spare that won't fit in space provided for spare? Very bad practice. Warn all don't buy shonky Toyota with temp spare or you may get stuck. Not at the shop but lost in the dessert ,hopefully not without water?

Toyota you're selling this car in a wide brown land. You cannot do this to us. We wan't 5 wheels, with 5 tyres and a place to store the fith, just in case we get stuck. Thanks in advance.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

2009 Toyota Rav4 Good car, But boring...

Driving the Rav4 is SOOO boring, But is great with EVERYTHING else.

Plenty of room,easy to service, great on fuel. Whether its a sort trip or long it is quite capable.

Can't go wrong with a Rav4, just not as fun to drive as some other SUV's on the market.

BadgeCV
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great Car

Bought the Rav in 2013 and drove it to from Sydney to Darwin a month after purchase. Never missed a beat and the diesel covered around 700km to a tank. Last week, 2018 drove Syd to Gold Coast and the fuel economy was way better. I did 900km on a full tank- got all the way to the coast and then some. The diesel must have loosened up and I was very pleased with the distance. Only had one issue on the way when the AWD warning light came on at 110 kph and I felt the car labour suddenly. Had to stop and disconnect the battery in the middle of no where for half hour and it seem to reset the system. No problems on the return trip so far.

Would buy one again.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

over priced car with out date technology

brought the car last year and find out there are other better products in the market, I think Toyota is just over priced, as the market competition is getting a lot tougher, as Mazda CX5, Honda, Hyundai offer more equipment for the same money and their product is just a little bit better than Toyota nowadays.
Things have been changed. CX5 offers a better look and better driving experience.

BadgeAltitude
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love our rav4

I got a 2001 rav4 'edge'. 300,000 ks. on the clock. Got it cheap as it needed some tlc , changed rear bearings, did some body work and general maintenance as well. I absolutely love this car .Easy to work on and versatile. Removed the rear seats and trans a fridge even. Very economical and I enjoy the higher driving position . I seriously can't fault this car. It takes us on 300k round trips to Brisbane and back frequently, never missing a beat.

BadgeEdge
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Should I buy a Toyota RAV4 2008 model with 175k on odometer?? It’s around 10k used car
I can not answer this as my Rav4 has 1400 km on the speedo it is brand new and im very happy with itThe Rav 4 is a nice car, but myself would not buy anything that got almost 200,000km on the clock, An how has been service an looked after etc? There are other S.U.V on the market, Kia Sportage or the Hyundai Tucon., Rav 4 has 106kw, Sportage has 114 kw an the Tucon has 121 kw, but use more petrol. Maybe the same price, all 2 litre 4 cylinder's ,

My 2015 Toyota Rav 4 is listed as having a 60 litre petrol engine, but will only accept 40 litres when completely empty. The Toyota Service Manager told me that although the light comes on and the on-board computer reads empty there are still 20 "hidden" litres in the tank. I consider this is unacceptable, and want to have this confirmed.
60 litre tank, if you still have 20 litres of petrol, then it will only take 40 litres to fill it up, The petrol gauge is only a guild, It does this so you still have time to get petrol even when it shows empty..No mine does not do that when my petrol light comes on it's almost empty I can still do a few Ks but mine is doing what it should do you've got a very large reserve tank that's what it sounds like my model is 2008 though good luckCan you put 60 litres in your tank when it shows totally empty ?

Just got my oil changed and day before had my tires changed now, check engine light and four wheel drive light just came on. Any idea why?
Hi send me rav4 2011 car seat size