KE.I, KE.II, KF
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
YSKP
YSKPSydney, NSW

Braking system, Aircon system and Efficiency of electronic system

Purchased in February 2020 at Mazda Dealers for $35,000.00.

disgruntled again
disgruntled againbowral

Felt very unsafe

Purchased in March 2021.

Doug
DougPerth, WA

Poor economy from the CX5 2.5 Turbo AWD

I have travelled 1500kms in my new CX5 GT Turbo and I am averaging 11.4l/100. Compared to my previous 4Wd's this is pretty poor. Why are Mazda quoting 9.8l/100 when this is totally impossible to achieve. Whilst the car is well put together, Mazda have not focused on making their engines as economical as their opposition. Using 98 octane seems to improve the economy, but at what cost??

Purchased in December 2020.

ganesha
ganesha

mixed bag

Bought this car to replace my Subaru Forester. Using it mainly for longer trips and camping out, have a smaller car for around town. The quality is good, though I dislike the automatic stop start feature that needs to be switched off each time manually, as well as the keyless entry / start. The best part is the fuel economy, a full 25% better than the Subaru. The 4WD is not as capable and the ground clearance is less than the Subaru's. The cruise control is very accurate and smooth, the cabin is spacious and surprisingly roomy. I love the flat cargo space with a clever folding down arrangement of the rear seats. Service every 10,000km is more frequent than other cars, but costs indicated should be much less than for the Subaru.

Purchased in October 2020 for $18,000.00.

Concerned Family

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
TheDigitalPixxie
TheDigitalPixxieCentral Queensland, QLD

My first SUV, and I've never felt happier or safer

Purchased in November 2017 for $19,000.00.

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Great car shame about the warranty and Mazda Australia

I was very pleased with my new Mazda CX-5 - a great car..... until the $500 key fob fell apart. I haven’t dropped it or damaged it so I went back to the Mazda dealer and they told me (after 3 visits, emails and phone calls) it was a Mazda Australia warranty issue.

Mazda Australia declined the claim - in my view the warranty is worthless.....which was one of my main criteria in buying the car.

I now find the ACCC took Mazda Australia to court for “unconscionable conduct and false and misleading statements.”

Purchased in May 2020 for $50,000.00.

Luke
LukeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome SUV

We love this car and use it with two kids and two adults. We have the 2.5 litre petrol AWD maxx sport. Two baby seats fitted plus a factory tow bar and after market roof racks. Had family trips , I regularly tow a small boat, been to the snow, out west on road trips, commuting etc. always serviced - we have no major issues. We have replaced things like brake pads, tyres etc but nothing major.

Purchased in December 2013 at Artarmon mazda for $37,000.00.

Bilby
BilbySydney

Definitely a drivers SUV!

The CX-5 is used for mainly commuting as well as the occasional long drive.

With the leather seats (cool / heated at the front), LED lighting inside and out, HUD, bose sound system and safety features paired with a petrol turbo it really feels like a premium SUV. It is a great car to drive with its 6 speed auto.

Boot space is a little smaller compared to other SUVs but it is also easier to park.

Car is serviced in line with recommended timing / distance and is reasonably priced (though not capped).

Dani
DaniSouth Australia

Good performance, good quality, disappointing manual gearbox...

The car has good performance, it's economical and comfortable to run...

But:

In the manual gearbox - The first gear is to short for a smooth ride, becoming a bit jerky if using low revs...

Head rest of the front are too much leaning forward becoming very uncomfortable in long rides, causing back pain at times ...

Purchased in August 2016 for $26,500.00.

Pilgrim1936
Pilgrim1936Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgruntled

This car is used now for shopping or visiting family or church events. Last year I would have used it almost daily; this year, because of corona virus, Probably once a week. This car is serviced whenever the reminder comes up on the dashboard. I expect that the GPS in a top-of-the-range model would last much more than seven years. Mazda Australia was plainly not interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in February 2017 at Pickles Auctions for $34,700.00.

Nathan
NathanDarling Downs, QLD

Great little car for those with small families and appreciate the little extras

Purchased in September 2017.

Romeo
RomeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

VARUN failed to help. Maps don't update even with valid subscription. POOR customer service, expect me to pay because he dragged his feet and didn't get it done in time

Purchased in July 2017.

AbFab
AbFabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful, value for money car!

I treated myself to my first brand new car and chose the new CX5 maxx sport in Deep Crystal Blue
it is a beautiful car with loads of useful features including call controls and cruise control on the steering wheel. Fully integrates your mobile phone to make everything seamless and easy.
Very user friendly, intuitive design and extremely comfortable to drive.
Senors ensure that parking and safety is easy and the design means no blind spots. Sound system is excellent and the split air conditioning controls mean the driver is always comfortable.
I love my new Mazda. Zoom zoom!!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Mazda Dealers for $37,000.00.

Lewis
LewisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smooth luxury

Purchased the cx5 akera and every little feature in this car is great, the safety pack has everything we need to feel even safer in the car, and the leather interior and sunroof give it a luxury feel. The push button handbrake is also great for saving space.

Purchased in June 2020 at Dealer for $22,990.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Rod W
Rod Wasked
CX-5 KF (2017-2021)

Is it possible to retro fit passive entry door handles to 2021 CX5 Maxx Sport, if so what company in WA can carry this out?
Thanks in advance.

Gary S.
Gary S.asked
CX-5

I have a Mazda CX 5 but when dash would not shut down, I couldn't lock the car. A free igbnition battery replacement didn't solve the problem and I had to order a new Selection Lever Part No MZB45-46-100D at a cost of $1160 fitted. Apparently as I was told by a service person at local Mazda dealership, the previous model would have fixed this problem by exchanging a simple microswitch, which is integrated into a more substantial part into the pre 2016 model. Can this be true? Do I have any redress with Mazda...or do we just give up on such seeming examples of design idiocy and apparent money making from we poor consumers? Gary Sydney Australia

Tush
Tushasked
CX-5 KE.II (2015-2016)

Any one heard about auto transmission failure in CX-5 AWD GT model 2015?

Compare all 16 Mazda CX-5
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $32,990$34,990$37,990$37,240
TransmissionManualAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque200Nm @ 4000rpm200Nm @ 4000rpm252Nm @ 4000rpm200Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,800 kg1,800 kg1,800 kg1,800 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions