Doogie's Litter Kwitter

3.0

Lisa

Lisa

Great idea. Bad design.

Stage 2 the hole is way to big. Cats is scared now. Should have made hole smaller so the cat could get used to it. Also. Why the colour change? Just another thing for the cat to get used to.

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for $70.00.

Nicky

NickySydney

Feeling positive!

FF

FFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Didn't send product

Same problem as Lynn below, paid and didn't receive products, after waiting a month i contacted paypal and reversed the charges. Pretty annoying experience all round. Don't recommend.

Pet Litters

Find out how Doogie's Litter Kwitter compares to other Pet Litters

frayah

frayahVictoria, Australia

Brilliant!

I have a 2 1/2 year old Burmese male. I trained him when he was about 1 and he took to the Litter Kwitter really well and was trained in about 4 weeks. He had the occasional accident after that but by about 6 months in he was fantastic and all we have to do is flush. While training I watched him closely and when he headed to the loo I got him a tiny treat and when he had finished gave it too him with loads of petting and praise. Any accidents I cleaned up and just ignored him. Good luck to all.

The product worked for me, but too longer than expected.

I have been able to train both my cats to use the toilet using this system. I found that there were big gaps between the levels, but I would just go back to the stage before and do it again.
Both my cats use the toilet thanks to this system.

Paid and not recieved

I paid and have not recieved. There is no phone number. They will not return my emails asking where my goods are.
Is this a dodgy company?

Carol RichardsSydney

Grateful every day for my toilet trained cat

Stick72QLD, 4818

Takes longer than box suggests.

idscratch

idscratchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worth the attempt. Got half way there. Good concept.

You have to have a sense of humour and be willing to clean up the messes with this item. Our two indoor Burmese kittens adapted well to going up on the toilet but would not use the holes. They would do their business around the edges. So my partner drilled holes in the inserts which helped with draining the pee but I was still cleaning up messes. After months of trying the cats would wee in the toilet - Yeah but then poo on the floor - Drat.

Make sure you use flushable litter or you could block you pipes.
Half way there. Tryed at least 3 times now but going back to litter and going to try again soon as hate the litter tray
Should have slope and drainage to save mess

Pet Litters

Find out how Doogie's Litter Kwitter compares to other Pet Litters

Chelsea145

Chelsea145AU

Unless you're home 24/7 don't waste your money or your sanity with this product!!

Nerida Warwickasked

I haven't got my baby yet but like any good mother I'm preparing for his arrival and have built his enclosed outdoor area, installed his door and bought the biggest indoor tree house I could find. Bought the Litter Kwitter after watching "Meet the Fockers", decided to watch the DVD tonight and try it all out. Unfortunately the disk won't fit my slim line toilet and I was wondering if you do them with different shapes or have any ideas about making the disk fit my smaller pan to keep it steady. If not I will have to cut some of the edges away and use double sided tape to fit it to the bowl. If anyone else has had this problem, I would like to know how they went? I'm getting a Traditional Thai Siamese and they are highly intelligent so I have no fears at all of him learning this wonderful method and it will give me immense pleasure to break him in. It's such a clever idea. Well done.

Carol Richards

Hi, I am not the designer or the manufacturer so I'm the wrong person to answer your question, if you ph them they might have a solution. I do believe there is a bowl in toilet system you would be able to self make (Google for instructions) or if it was me I would be taking a photo & measurements & the seat to Bunnings as they can often give good advice with plumbing & building things & they might be able to come up with a solution! Keep in mind it would have to be easily removable if you are using same toilet & it'd have to be thoroughly cleanable so the cat doesn't reject it. I personally wouldn't use double sided tape for this reason. Good luck, my cat has been using the toilet with no problems at all for 6yrs now, the 5wks I spent training her have paid off massively for me!

Nerida Warwick

Thanks Carol but according to the instructions on the DVD the Litter Disk goes under the seat which means you would have to clean the seat anyway. I think it only holds the disks until they are no longer needed and then cat just sits on the same seat as we do anyway. No big deal because by then his paws will be much cleaner than when in the learning stage. I have pondered over it and have decided to cut out part of the disk to fit the "bowl" better and then the seat will be steady over the top of it. Thanks for the advice and I'm so proud of your cat. Can hardly wait to get mine. He's a special breed and I'm on a waiting list. :)

lindy9asked

Our cats litter tray has always been in the bathroom, we have now removed it & placed the litter kwitter on the bathroom floor as per step one on the video. Problem is that our 12 year old cat is now with-holding & then emptying his bowels in the bath & pee-ing in a corner when we are out of sight. How do I stop this - has anyone got any practical suggestions or a solution?

Spiderweb
Spiderweb

Wow, your trying to train a 12yr old, your brave, I would be worried it might be too old for such a big change but if you want to keep trying then who knows, it might work :-) I wish I had the answers you need but I don't, sorry. Does the litter kwitter fit inside it's old tray, if so, maybe put it inside the other one, if not, maybe get a big enough litter tray, change to the other one first then put the kwitter inside it? I'd have to suggest if it can't handle such a small change tho it might not be suitable for toilet training. Best of luck

Stick72

Our problems started when the first 'hole' appeared, our cat took to peeing in the sink, so we put a small amount of water in the sink to stop the peeing in the sink this might work. We had problems with 'holding' too. Are you using the same type of litter as before? Some cats do not take well to change in litter, start by slowing adding the 'new' litter to the old litter, about 25% then 50% and so on. Is the tray in the same place it was before? Another poster said they got their cat use to using the Kwitter in the old place before moving it beside the toilet. When we started having problems we resorted to stalking our cat, any sign of getting ready to 'go' and after eating we put her on the Kwitter.

lindy9

Thank you Spiderweb, I fear you may be right considering our cats age - he's a clever cat & I have managed to teach him simple things in the past, but he was younger then. Still nothing ventured nothing gained. I also wonder if he is too large a cat at 6kilos to fit comfortably, as I have put the red tray in the bath & he will perch, but seems to most of it ends up in the bath.