Drakes

Drakes

Paul

Paul

Really.....

Cannot believe you did a staff only shop and sold products your regular customers couldn't get...like toilet paper....you with held for your staff and family shop......good on you for giving extra discount...but with holding product for sale...that's wrong

Rose H

Rose HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service

The register staff at Drakes Clovercrest are always friendly, polite and helpful. In these difficult times they have maintained a high level of service even whilst under extra stress dealing with some difficult customers. They are a credit to the organisation and hope they get positive recognition for their good work.

Store LocationClovercrest Supermarket South Australia
Silvija

SilvijaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Friendly Supermarket

I mainly shop at Drakes because they purposely stock Australian products. Their pork is Australian farmed. I plan my family meals around their specials which means I shop seasonally which is better for our environment and my budget. The staff are very helpful and will reach items on a higher shelf for me as I have a broken shoulder. They have a great deli section and I like their fresh foods sections. They stock a wider variety than Coles and Woolworths. They also have more checkouts open. Their staff are well presented and efficient which makes me believe they are well trained.

Store LocationAscot Park

Supermarkets

Find out how Drakes compares to other Supermarkets

Patricia H

Patricia HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Some common , everyday articles priced 25 % over and above Woolworths and Coles

I have to agree with George D from Adelaide .
Drakes is , without doubt , the most expensive food outlet in the country.
Some ordinary , common items are priced 25 % above what Woolworths or Coles charges.
This review is simply based on observation , no vested interests , and I do not own any Coles or Woolworths shares .
If you have money to throw away each week , shop at Drakes

George D

George DAdelaide

DRAKE SUPERMARKET RIP OFF

Tony

TonyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Donut shape ham cut

On Sunday, Australa Day mind you, delicatessen operator at Newton Drakes was trying to sell me ham with a hole in the middle, she expressed i had to have it like that, really, then manager also expressed that if i want the ham i have to have it with the hole in it, right, so it’s ok to sell a car with a flat tyre or a door window missing? Very poor service on a special day but now I’m not shopping here or any store of drakes for that matter, disappointed i am, want to support SA but not if i get treated like. No one cares so that’s why they did not try to resolve my issue, except say you have to have it like this, we can’t open up a nee ham. They failed in trying to rectify issue, kept it easy for themselves damn selfish females.

Store LocationNewton
Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Drakes trumps the competition...

Store LocationLowood Qld
Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy and very good service.

I was looking for somewhere new to try and drakes is just so easy and affordable for my family and I.
I am really happy with my shopping experience, as customer service was very friendly and helpful as well.
Definitely will be going back there.

Macca

MaccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

First class shopping experience

Drakes Pumicestone a top shopping experience and worth the trip over there. Compared to all Supermarkets situated on Bribie this Drakes Supermarket leaves them far behind. Store layout very good, and isles were not jammed up with store trolleys or pallets waiting to be unloaded. Produce. meat, deli, dairy all Ist.class in price, quality and presentation. Staff very polite, helpful and all gave the impression that they wanted to be working there. Pity Drakes have not taken over the local IGA .

Supermarkets

Find out how Drakes compares to other Supermarkets

Mamadelcasa

MamadelcasaGladstone

Hit and miss

We used to have an IGA which was fine, then it became Drakes. At first I was optimistic some new items appeared but I soon found it was getting more expensive and after buying strawberries that rotted in 24hrs twice I only use their fresh food section in an emergency, however their cakes and pastries are pretty good. But does it always have to be so freezing. Nice staff though.

jiminoz

jiminozDarling Downs, QLD

Its OK

We have a local Drakes. I like to go there because I feel Coles and Woolies are damaging to Australian retail with their large dominance of the market. Yet, the local Drakes is far smaller, does not seem to be less expensive, and has a significantly smaller selection of goods. It is just OK, not great and not terrible.
Friendly, helpful, not crowded
Small selection.

Kwaka

KwakaQld, 4000

Fantastic service and great range

This is one if the best supermarkets I have been in. Great quality fresh food departments and a fantastic range of groceries. The big chains have cut their range and have more and more imported products where as these guys have done the opposite. Service is also fantastic. Well done guys and keep up the good work.

Doesnt have a covered carpark