Drakes

Drakes

Unhappy customer

Formula has gone up more than $10 over any other supermarket Wasn't explained about the non refundable deposit on lobsters.

Online order failure

Pip

PipSouth Australia

A Breeze Compared to Coles and Woolies

Melvis Chikuse

Melvis ChikuseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not honest interms of pricing especially if you buy online prices goes up even if the items are on sale

make sure you have extra money from the total price otherwise you bank account will be overdrawn. Very disappointing experience

fedup

fedupadelaide

Lamb chops on the nose

purchased at Woodcroft South Australia a prepacked selection of forequarter lamb chops. Got them home and when opened found between the chops the meat had turned green. (still had 6 days to "use by") I took them back and showed the assistant who suggested i select another pack or have a refund. All ok. However I still had nothing for dinner so chose some pork instead. I was told no way were they going to compensate me with a free replacement for their bad food. "Not our policy" the manager told me. Not my policy to buy meat from them again!

Vvon V.

Vvon V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Price increases and display deceptions.

Purina Lucky Dog 3kg dry Dog food. Price increase from $6.50 up to $9. That's $2.50 extra. I mean geez, a 50c or $1 increase would be acceptable. Not happy.
Then watch out for their display specials. They are cunning. They only put limited special items in the display, then they add other items, at full price in display. I thought all items in display were on special, until I checked shopping docket on return home. I've been caught out, and friends were caught out today. Not good. Deceptive behaviour on their end.
So much for helping the local customer.
Positive. Store is new and clean.
Looks like Woolies or Coles for future shops.

James O.

James O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Low prices - they aren't

Dropped into drake's for the first time today and the store was well laid out and clean (I think it's brand new, in Andrews farm area). Range was good however the thing I noticed most was the LOW PRICE signs everywhere, closely followed by prices that were definately not low. I mainly shop at ALDI or Woolies and while most prices weren't exorbitant, I don't think anything was cheaper than I'm used to paying.

Ashley A.

Ashley A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

PSA to Disabled/Elderly and people who are Vulnerable, don't use Online Delivery Service.

Store LocationDrakes Online
ABC

ABC

Drakes Findon Angus Beef - sadly now 'unavailable'

Colin

ColinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stale goods

Kim

KimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Prices increased too much

I used to be a fairly regular shopper at Drakes, but no more. I shop at Castle Plaza, and have noticed a very steady increase in prices for most regular products that I can now get cheaper everywhere else. One aspect I used to enjoy was all types of bread for 99c in reduced trolley. The bread has now doubled (and in some cases tripled) in price. Danish feta used to be the cheapest around for $7 a kilo, now $10. Not worth shopping here any more. I assume they have to recoup their exorbitant advertising costs. Very disappointed!

Joanna R

Joanna RSouth Australia

High praise to Steph at Drakes Newton

I’ve just returned from my weekly shopping at Drakes Newton. I'd like to write to highly commend one of your staff who went out of her way to assist me. I was looking for BBQ marinated chicken wings which I’d bought on another shopping trip. There was nothing in the display cabinet of your service deli. Your staff member called Steph served me and when I asked her if they had any she happily offered to make some up for me. I was totally surprised. She was more than happy to make me up a couple of kilos of BBQ marinated chicken wings. Just had to bring that to your attention because she deserves praise!!

Paul

Paul

Really.....

Cannot believe you did a staff only shop and sold products your regular customers couldn't get...like toilet paper....you with held for your staff and family shop......good on you for giving extra discount...but with holding product for sale...that's wrong

Rose H

Rose HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service

The register staff at Drakes Clovercrest are always friendly, polite and helpful. In these difficult times they have maintained a high level of service even whilst under extra stress dealing with some difficult customers. They are a credit to the organisation and hope they get positive recognition for their good work.

Silvija

SilvijaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Friendly Supermarket

I mainly shop at Drakes because they purposely stock Australian products. Their pork is Australian farmed. I plan my family meals around their specials which means I shop seasonally which is better for our environment and my budget. The staff are very helpful and will reach items on a higher shelf for me as I have a broken shoulder. They have a great deli section and I like their fresh foods sections. They stock a wider variety than Coles and Woolworths. They also have more checkouts open. Their staff are well presented and efficient which makes me believe they are well trained.

Patricia H

Patricia HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Some common , everyday articles priced 25 % over and above Woolworths and Coles

I have to agree with George D from Adelaide .
Drakes is , without doubt , the most expensive food outlet in the country.
Some ordinary , common items are priced 25 % above what Woolworths or Coles charges.
This review is simply based on observation , no vested interests , and I do not own any Coles or Woolworths shares .
If you have money to throw away each week , shop at Drakes

George D

George DAdelaide

DRAKE SUPERMARKET RIP OFF

Tony

TonyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Donut shape ham cut

On Sunday, Australa Day mind you, delicatessen operator at Newton Drakes was trying to sell me ham with a hole in the middle, she expressed i had to have it like that, really, then manager also expressed that if i want the ham i have to have it with the hole in it, right, so it’s ok to sell a car with a flat tyre or a door window missing? Very poor service on a special day but now I’m not shopping here or any store of drakes for that matter, disappointed i am, want to support SA but not if i get treated like. No one cares so that’s why they did not try to resolve my issue, except say you have to have it like this, we can’t open up a nee ham. They failed in trying to rectify issue, kept it easy for themselves damn selfish females.

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Drakes trumps the competition...

Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy and very good service.

I was looking for somewhere new to try and drakes is just so easy and affordable for my family and I.
I am really happy with my shopping experience, as customer service was very friendly and helpful as well.
Definitely will be going back there.

Debra Boase

Debra Boaseasked

Due to our age and my husbands lung disease, we will be continuing to shop online and Drake has been absolutely wonderful. Just one thing could be improved, I have always sort to buy Australian products where possible, and online I cant always see where the products are made, particularly the Value range. This is particularly important to me as I want to support local business and Australian producers in every way possible, and more now than ever. But as self funded retirees, with dwindling super funds, we have to watch every cent. Hope you can help, and thank you Drakes for all your help. You probably don't know, but earlier on in the stay at home order, we often couldn't get a delivery slot in the online shop due to such high demand and Rocco, the manager at our local store at Newton, was taking our order via email and delivering it personally on his way home. He is to be commended for his generosity and community spirit and I hope he will be recognised for this, we will be eternally grateful to him.
Kind regards