Drakes

Drakes

See the Best Supermarkets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Drakes? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Su
SuMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive local supermarket

Not all Drakes are the same, but the one I use is expensive and the store is not very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Drakes

Technical
TechnicalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Meat dept

I advised chap from meat dept this morning that the pork ribs had one day left on them, are you going to mark them down? .. he responds 'yes, later'. Don't you just love the service? Not good at all.

Store LocationSA semaphore
Su-Ann G.
Su-Ann G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not for the budget minded

This store states in its commercials on Television that it is South Aussie supported and also cheaper products for people on a budget. Unfortunately this is not correct and to be honest is much more expensive than the 3 main supermarket's.

Mick
MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lamb Chops

Purchased lamb loin chops from Drakes Regents Park, absolutely disgusting no taste what so ever
not even the lamb chop smell when cooking will never purchase fresh meat there again

Changing to Coles or Woolies

I recently bought a new squeegee mop (I no longer have the wrapping but it's silver with blue handle and trim. I also bought an Oates 2 post refill. The first time I put it into hot water the sponge came away in one piece from the base. It did the same with the refill.
Today I bought another refill and the same thing happened! Of course I no
longer have the receipt so have no recourse. I ended up washing the bathroom floor by hand.
I tried twice to phone the store and the call just rang out.
I'm also sick of buying fruit and veg which goes soft within 2-3 days because it's been in the cooler for so long.
This pensioner won't be spending good money at Drake's any more.

Store LocationSemaphore SA
Kim
KimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gone downhill

I have been shopping here for several years but have noticed a downhill slide in the last 6 months. Staff are usually friendly but have had a couple of rude people lately. For example today I showed the staff member when leaving my receipt from Coles which she heavily scrutinized. This is fine but she asked to look in my handbag too. Just felt humiliation really. Also prices higher than almost everywhere. Not shopping here anymore. Will stick to Coles and Romeos.

Disgusting food.

We bought a vegetarian pizza, reading the ingredients which clearly said NO MEAT FULLY VEGETARIAN. As Muslims we are not allowed to eat pork, when we started to eat my daughter realized there was ham inside. This has happened twice and it is now getting unacceptable. When we complained they told us nothing can happen now and made us leave the store.
I would not suggest this store and would rather prefer trustable supermarkets such as Aldi or Coles.

The Little Kitchen - Drakes new "affordable" lunch bar

I'll keep it simple, Vietnamese Roll said $8 for roll with traditional Vietnamese veg and finished with pork. First thing the server asks is do you want protein with that... I'm like yeahhh just the pork. He then proceeds to go load up from a tray and I'm thinking "oh dear, did I just get upsold??"

AT the counter it was $15!!! for a lunch roll. The roll didnt have any extra meat, this was the only meat on it. So is the sign lying and I'm buying a veggie roll and it has an unlisted price for the meat?? Or even if it was a miscommunication a $7 upsell is insane without telling the customer before.

Never buying again

chrisc
chrisc

Pricing on some items

Dairy farmers yoghurt $6 @ Drakes & $4.50 always at woolies & Coles. Kirk's ginger beer $9 @ Drakes $6.50 @ woolies& Coles always. Expensive

Unhappy customer

Formula has gone up more than $10 over any other supermarket Wasn't explained about the non refundable deposit on lobsters.

Online order failure

Pip
PipSouth Australia

A Breeze Compared to Coles and Woolies

Melvis Chikuse
Melvis ChikuseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not honest interms of pricing especially if you buy online prices goes up even if the items are on sale

make sure you have extra money from the total price otherwise you bank account will be overdrawn. Very disappointing experience

fedup
fedupadelaide

Lamb chops on the nose

purchased at Woodcroft South Australia a prepacked selection of forequarter lamb chops. Got them home and when opened found between the chops the meat had turned green. (still had 6 days to "use by") I took them back and showed the assistant who suggested i select another pack or have a refund. All ok. However I still had nothing for dinner so chose some pork instead. I was told no way were they going to compensate me with a free replacement for their bad food. "Not our policy" the manager told me. Not my policy to buy meat from them again!

Vvon V.
Vvon V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Price increases and display deceptions.

Purina Lucky Dog 3kg dry Dog food. Price increase from $6.50 up to $9. That's $2.50 extra. I mean geez, a 50c or $1 increase would be acceptable. Not happy.
Then watch out for their display specials. They are cunning. They only put limited special items in the display, then they add other items, at full price in display. I thought all items in display were on special, until I checked shopping docket on return home. I've been caught out, and friends were caught out today. Not good. Deceptive behaviour on their end.
So much for helping the local customer.
Positive. Store is new and clean.
Looks like Woolies or Coles for future shops.

Debra Boase
Debra Boaseasked

Due to our age and my husbands lung disease, we will be continuing to shop online and Drake has been absolutely wonderful. Just one thing could be improved, I have always sort to buy Australian products where possible, and online I cant always see where the products are made, particularly the Value range. This is particularly important to me as I want to support local business and Australian producers in every way possible, and more now than ever. But as self funded retirees, with dwindling super funds, we have to watch every cent. Hope you can help, and thank you Drakes for all your help. You probably don't know, but earlier on in the stay at home order, we often couldn't get a delivery slot in the online shop due to such high demand and Rocco, the manager at our local store at Newton, was taking our order via email and delivering it personally on his way home. He is to be commended for his generosity and community spirit and I hope he will be recognised for this, we will be eternally grateful to him.
Kind regards