Ducati Diavel

Ducati Diavel

Best Road bike

I owned one I bought new in 2012 for a couple years. I'd give it 4.5 stars if I had the option. The engine is great, but you'll bounce off the redline until you get used to the V-twin power delivery. The standard version makes the most sense as a new purchase and the Carbon is better as a used purchase value-wise.

As a road bike, this thing is amazing. It handles like a dream and goes like a bullet. Looks and sounds incredible and loaded with superb extras like keyless start and traction control/ABS. Great on smooth roads and also bumpy roads. I had best results with a suprisingly low rear preload setting compared to the recommended settings in the manual. Hydraulic rear preload adjuster makes suspension adjustments a joy.

One of the best, if not THE best toy for the roads out of all the many differing bikes i've owned.

I strongly recommend you avoid the obnoxious termigoni exhausts, and invest in rizoma rearsets as the stock pegs are too clunky and low for spirited riding.

The other negatives (if it can be described this way) is that sometimes the handling is TOO GOOD... i was wearing away pegs, grinding them into dust on the road, and I even got the exhaust header touching down on right hand corners. This bike kills front tyres and inevitably the front end can wash out if you go too bananas on it. Its a naughty bike. Very very good and very very cool. only just misses out on 5-star.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

The best Motor Cycle I have ever owned

I bought the Diavel having owned motorcycles over 35 years. This bike is comfortable, fast, and a real attention getter. I have owned it a year now and would buy another without hesitation. 10 star rating