Ducati Monster 659

Ducati Monster 659

See the Best Naked Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

frogmouth

frogmouth

Looks, Thrills and Soul

Date PurchasedAug 2017

David

DavidMid North Coast, NSW

Sweet bike. Great handling, lovely engine, and that Ducati note and presence.

The bike was purchased for my wife who is a LAMS rider. She stepped up from a KTM 390 Duke. After riding a number of other bikes in the LAMS class it became obvious that this bike is the king. This bike is easier to ride than the KTM and is both more forgiving and more rewarding. It is a keeper.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Pujith

Pujith

Bike that everyone have to drive once in his/her life (Ducati monster 659)

I should say the bike is something that makes you alive and to have such experience, I should say Ducati is one such brand makes bikes, which feels so balanced and a well balanced will not make you feel the weight of the bike. i have done a test drive with this bike and it is more of between pro and learner bike. so i should recommend to the first time buyers.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Kiwi Chuck

Kiwi ChuckToowoomba

Italian pocket rocket

Great Experience

Ducati Monster 659 LAMS Electrical problems. NOT HAPPY.

I bought this bike new. It has traveled 5300kms, it is seven months old. The starting problems began when the bike was approx four months old. The bike has an electrical Gremlin. The bike fails to start as the digital dash does not recognise neutral causing it not to start. It has been towed twice back to dealer under warranty and they can not find the issue. NOT HAPPY.
Update on Ducati 659. Had bike towed back to shop.They have fixed the issue, they were very aloof about what the problem was. The main thing is that it is fixed and has not missed a beat since. Loving my Ducati again.

I would like to purchase one!

Azzbot

AzzbotSydney

It really is a culture

This is my wifes second bike and is an upgrade from a cb250.
What an upgrade it is! It isnt called a MONSTER for no reason. It loud, aggressive and the styling is nice.
We have the full Termi kit, carbon fibre kits, rizolla bar end mirrors...

Really nice bike

Coastal11AU

Ducati Style and Quality with LAMS approval

Daniel John
Daniel John

Thank you very much my friend. I will get one as soon as I can (and put Termignoni popes on it ;D). Just wondering whether I should take lessons on a crappier cycle first!

Coastal11

I think you should Dan - you'll appreciate the 659 all the more!!

Laurie Dean
Laurie Dean

awesome wrap to excite a newbie! thanx

Chris00

Noddyasked

How do i get to the battery on my son's 659 Monster
2014 model i think?

Graeme W

Hi Nobby, Have not had the need to access the battery, but I'm guessing it's under the seat somewhere. Just watched a You Tube Video using a 696 (same animal just a bigger heart) hmmm, looks complicated. Once you get it changed, I'd suggest getting a charger and keep the beast plugged in AND switched on. Mine is on the charger 24/7, have never had an issue so far.

Cheers
Chuck

Man not hot

Man not hotasked

Engine alarm on immobilizer . I have to push down the key and re rotate to switch it on . Also low beam and tickel charger not working.. Any help?

Graeme W

Hmmm, I see a visit to your local dealer in your future sir. Im totally useless with vehicle electrics, always have been, but have built many electronic bits for my hobbies without a problem, go figure.

Get an answer from our members and Ducati representatives

CategoryNaked Bikes and Learner Approved Bikes