Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10

Absolute +, Animal and Animal+

Battery life too short

While the Dyson is a great vacuum, its battery only lasts about 10min in full power which is required to do thorough cleaning of floors and rugs etc. Machine then takes a few hours to recharge. Hence, the Dyson is not suitable as the main vacuum for a normal size home but is rather just suited as a spot cleaner.
Its crazy that Dyson cant redesign system to improve battery life or at least allow purchase of backup batteries.
Other than that, Dyson is very good vacuum, easy to operate, and very portable.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Love it! But..

I love my Dyson. Was very skepticism at first and unsure because of the price. But we got one eventually, and I ate my words. I love it!
I do wish that it would come with an extra filter as it takes quite a while to dry fully before you’re able to use it again, but I’m sure they can be purchased separately somewhere. I’ve also noticed it doesn’t seem to love big pieces of rubbish! Just flicks them away.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Excellent cordless vacuum, amazing suction power. Vacuuming is now so much easier!

This vacuum cleaner is seriously an impressive beast. The suction power of it is unmatched, and the various attachments all have a purpose to each of them, something that other vacuum cleaners lack.
Even though it is cordless, the battery life is very good, and it can also be extended by choosing a lower suction power.
As a bonus, I also received a Dyson Dok via an online claim, as part of a promotion that Dyson Australia ran in March. The whole system works really well, and cleaning has now become more of a fun activity as opposed to the chore it once was!
I highly recommend this vacuum to anyone looking to simplify their cleaning life, the high price tag is a small price to pay for convenience (and it looks cool too)!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Dyson V10 +

Good machine. Build quality is good.
Light in the hand. Sucks well.
Power is very bad on MAX. Battery not strong on MAX mode. Otherwise it's good to have as a main vacuum machine.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $925.00.

I love vacuuming

I am so impressed with my new Dyson! I have had it now for a few months and it just makes vacuuming a breeze. Literally sucks up everything and so easy to empty. I also love how it comes with multiple tools for different types of flooring, furniture etc

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $380.00.

Absolutely amazing

I was amazed and horrified when I first used it. The small chamber is a bit of a pain as the vacuum is so powerful it picks everything up and therefore fills quickly. However it is very satisfying to use. The battery lasts a good amount of time, i can just do the whole apartment on one charge.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Downside is that you now have no excuse not to vacuum

This vacuum was to replace an old Dyson plug-in model, and a smaller hand vacuum, both of which still maintained a high degree of suction power. However, after the first vacuum with the V10, the amount of dust and debris in the "bin" indicated that neither of my previous vacuums had been operating anywhere near the desired level. The V10 is lightweight, meaning that vacuuming is not the chore that it used to be, and having used the different heads on a variety of floors (hardwood, carpet, linoleum, tiles), the only downside is that I now notice how quickly dust builds in a house. The suction power is so great that it does not only clean rugs or curtains, it attempts to ingest it also. And although long hair becomes caught in the motorised heads, this has not affected its functionality like other vacuums. A major downside is that having the vacuum on full-power only allows you approximately 15 - 20 minutes of suction with the motorised heads before requiring more charging, and it can take over an hour to fully charge the battery. This is quite disruptive if you have a limited amount of time to clean multiple rooms. Also, the emptying of the bin involves ejecting all the dust, which personally I find rather unhygienic (even though the purpose is to be exactly the opposite), as you have to do it into an enclosed bag or bin. This means that your hands are exposed to all the rubbish during ejection, as well as a fine film of dust ending up on the outside (and inside) of the vacuum due to static electricity. However, in terms of actual suction power, it is amazing that such a lightweight vacuum can outperform all other vacuums I have owned.

Purchased in July 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Powerful, convenient and so easy to use and empty!

The Dyson V10 was intended to replace my original DC35 stick vac that was still going strong 8 years later! However such is the power of the V10, it also rendered my full size dc14 upright vacuum and dc39 canister vacuum unnecessary! I use it daily to clean up after my toddler and dog.

I have a combination of parquetry, tile and carpet flooring in my house, and the V10 breezes over every surface without even changing cleaner heads! The rotating brush bar on the main head doesn’t scratch the parquetry, nor does it push most larger particles around, rather it gobbles almost everything in its path leaving the floor immaculately clean... mopping afterwards demonstrates how little dirt is left behind! The soft roller brush works just as well, and is even better on tougher tiled floors as well as on dry dog food scattered out of the bowl. It’s like magic on long hair, it never tangles, but since it requires changing cleaner heads for carpet, I rarely use it.

On carpet, it leaves the carpet appearing ‘groomed’ and you can see and feel the brush bar separating the carpet pile and pulling dirt from deep down. Medium and high suction levels do result in better performance on carpet, though even low does a better job than high on my old DC35 stick! You can see in the dust canister a swirl of fine dirt being collected as you push the cleaning head across a uncleared area of carpet. All pet hair is removed first go! With no aditoonal effort required. Best of all, the brush doesn’t tangle with hairs- I don’t know how Dyson has done it, but not even the longest of hairs wraps and tangles in the brush!

The mini motorised head pulls a huge amount of dirt from couches and car seats or mats, however hairs do wrap around it needing to be manually removed.

The flexible hose is shorter than ideal but increases accessibility for tighter areas such as car foot wells. The hose for my older vacuum was a lot longer. This hose is in some ways more important though as the v10 is significantly larger and heavier than my old DC35 making it harder to move in tight areas.

The combination brush/wide nozzle is better than previous with a more positive locking action for the brush preventing it from unintentionally slipping out of place. Also the crevice tool works more effectively with a new design. I use the dusting brush for exactly that, and it’s wide bristle spread makes it fast and easy to get great results around books on the shelf and on awkward areas without much effort.

Build quality appears very sturdy although my toddler succeeded in denting the aluminium extension pipe.

One of my favourite features is the bin emptying. Press a button and the dust bin casing slides downwards wiping the filter screen with a rubber scraper removing any tangled hair or stuck dust, negating the need to brush out the canister as with previous models. The fine dirt in the central cyclone area just taps out. The filter at the back of the unit can be washed easily under the tap or just sucked clean with another vacuum every couple of months. The cyclone system is so good, the filter honestly barely even gets dirty! Dust volume is also much bigger than the previous models.

There is also a little flap that seals dirt in the canister so if you suck up a spider it can’t escape back down the tube!!

Battery life is excellent! Our house is approx 250m2 and I can clean the entire house and couches without running out of power! Likewise I can clean both our 7 seat car and 4wd on one charge with power to spare.

Although the vacuum is quieter than previous models, I can’t use it around my sleeping baby, however with a shut door in between it doesn’t seem to disturb him on low power at least!

Overall this is an excellent machine with amazing performance that truly does replace a traditional corded vacuum.

Purchased in March 2018 for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Impressed, yet Disappointed

We have 4 dogs in home...A great dane, boxer, boston terrier and chinese crested/chihuahua mix. I own a dyson corded, but thought it might be nice to have a cord-free, so my go-to was dyson. From reading the ad (not reviews) it sounded like it would be good for our needs.

I was very impressed with the suction power and cleaning capability. This was my first time using the machine. I vacuumed bare floors on medium (next time I'll try low) and carpeted on either medium or high, depending on carpet length and traffic areas in the house.

Now my disappointments with the product:

1. The very first thing I noticed as I started vacuuming was that you have to continuously hold down the "Trigger" to keep the vacuum running. There is no simple on/off switch. I have problems with my hands and when I have to continually maintain pressure like that, it makes my hand start to go numb.

2. I was disappointed in the small holding cup size. I've already have to empty twice and still not done all of the floors. With 4 shedding dogs in the house, it doesn't take long to fill, especially when it's designed especially for pet owners.

3. Battery power sucks!! It is advertised as getting up to 60 minutes run time. I understand that "Up to" can vary, but when I purchased, I had hoped for at least half that! I fully charged the unit before using and only used it for maybe only 15 minutes tops before it died. Very disappointed with that. With regard to that, I wish they would have a removable battery pack like various other cordless items, so that if one battery died, you could have another charged and ready to use to finish the job. Now I have to recharge before I can even complete my housecleaning.

With paying $700 + taxes, I would surely expect much more for the money!

Purchased in April 2019 at Canadian Tire for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Love My Dyson V10 Animal Vac

I have four Australian Shepherds which are indoor/outdoor dogs. They constantly shed hair. I recently bought a Dyson V10 Animal cordless vacuum with attachments. I had googled reviews which were great only bad thing was length of vacuum time. Well, was I surprised - I vacuum at least every two days because of the dogs and dust (I am on a farm). I have a five bedroom home with lounge/kitchen/dining/bathroom which I generally do all rooms - and still only charge on average once a week - as I use lowest setting. It is super easy to use and fast (no cords to plug in every time). Easy to empty (usually I need to empty twice each vacuum). I absolutely love it!

Only Dyson's for me

After owning a mid range electrlux vaccum and forking out 1k for a Dyson I was pleasantly surprised. Sucks better than my powered Electrolux cleaner and is so easy to move around and clean. I can easily do the whole house without running out of battery and anybody who says they can't obviously aren't using it prooerly.

After running out of battery after 15 mins of cleaning I had a read up on the vaccum and found out I shouldn't be using max power for every day cleaning. Since then I use low power on my tiled surfaces and med-high on carpet and rugs only and never have any battery issues.

Would highly recommend this cleaner!

Purchased in August 2018 at Dyson for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Waste of money, does not perform as claimed.

Used on hard floor only, performed rubbish. Battery doesn’t last as claimed. Head and filters constantly clog, doesn’t pick up properly. Dyson have been awful to deal with. Steer clear.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Floor Type Wood
We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience when contacting us and having trouble with your machine. We are certainly happy to help and look into your history with us and assist. Could you please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com as we would value the opportunity to assist.

Don't waste your money

When this vacuum works, it's great. The problem is that we've only had it a few months and it's already stopped working. You're better off buying a cheaper alternative brand, it will likely last longer.

Purchased in January 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Cyclone V10 machine, we are confident we will be able to get your machine up and running and will be happy to do so. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com, once received, one of our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Worst vaccum

Fact filter is always blocked battery does not last. You can clean filter after every use and still blocked. Worst vacuum I have bothered spending money on. Don't buy one.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $995.00.

Floor Type Wood
Hi Renay, We are sorry to hear about this, the filter light should only illuminate when the filter isn't fitted or when it requires maintenance. We will be most happy to help get this sorted for you. Could you please forward your details, along with the serial number of your machine, through to auaskdyson@dyson.com? Our Dyson Experts will be in touch and be happy to assist. We look forward to hearing from you.

Great product. If only it had interchangeable batteries

It’s a great product that would be perfect if it had interchangeable batteries. Suction is great and the attachments are decent quality and very useful. Super convenient to quickly pull out and start vacuuming.

Purchased in December 2018 at eBay.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Great Vacuum

I use this vacuum on tiles, carpet, rugs and our lounge. It is light, steers well and charges quickly. Does need to be pulled apart to remove things like hair etc but well worth the money.

Purchased in June 2018 for $949.00.

Terrible

This is the worst vacuum cleaner. We've had several Dysons because my wife likes them. However this is absolute crap. Every time you clean you have to do it in sessions because the battery goes flat. I used it on two small bathroom floors and I medium size room with carpet and it ran out of power and that was on the second setting. I do not understand why Dyson make these with a fixed battery when other companies now make cordless with replaceable battery. I have many lithium power tools that when the battery goes flat you just simply replace it with a fully charged one, makes sense to me you get to complete your work in one step not in several sessions.

Purchased in November 2018.

Flimsy

I purchased one of these vacuums 5 months ago. While at first I was happy with this, the suction is excellent and, for a cordless vacuum, the battery lasts a decent time.

Unfortunately, within 4 months of normal operation, the plastic clip that sits under the empty chamber snapped off. This meant that as the vacuum was being emptied, the entire chamber would fall off (ending up in the bin along with the dust). Considering this broken part is hidden under the body of the vacuum, the only way it could have snapped was when the vacuum was being emptied.

My second issue with the vacuum came from a bent hinge in the top of the vacuum chamber where the lid opens to allow debris to be emptied. Apparently, if you close the lid with your hand on the side of the flap, instead of directly underneath, the force of closing the door is enough to twist that hinge. As there is nothing on the vacuum that indicates that you should only close the door directly underneath, I would consider this a design fault. The result of this bent hinge meant that the door would not close without some wobbling.

Thankfully, the vacuum was still under warranty. The first thing the repairer said to me when I walked through the door was ‘it doesn’t empty properly?’ suggesting this might be a wide-ranging problem that he’s already familiar with. I received the repaired product back today and the entire shell and chamber had been replaced. Still, considering it’s just on 5 months old, the fact that it’s already had two defects doesn’t bode well for this vacuum.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Never had a vacuum that sucks up so much dirt/dust!

Works very well on carpet, I’m always shocked at how much dust/dirt is sucked up! Very good in an asthmatic household. Also works well on tiled floors. Easy to charge, and battery life is quite long for a handheld vacuum.

Purchased in July 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Battery died in 2 weeks.

My Dyson V10 Absolute is only 2 weeks old and the battery died after a couple of use. Dyson claims battery can last for 15years. Does it? Now I am waiting for my replacement battery.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Hi John, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We are sorry to hear this has happened, however thank you for getting in touch with us. In spite of the countless hours that go into testing our machines, unfortunately from time to time failures may occur. We are confident with a replacement battery your V10 machine will provide you years of reliable service. If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch via auaskdyson@dyson.com. Our Dyson Experts are only happy to help.

My v10 doesn’t want to charge ? Cheers Ruth
Sorry to hear your Dyson V10 machine isn't charging Ruth, we are happy to help get this sorted. We would kindly ask you to forward your details (including name, address, contact number and date of purchase) to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Can I use my charger from my DC54 for the V10 absolute? The connection looks the same? Will it affect the new vacuum in any way using an older models charger?
Hi Mas, Apologies for any confusion, however the charger in use for the V10 is only compatible with it, and the V11 machine. No other Dyson chargers will fit. If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we are more than happy to help.Ahh.. Thank you for your response, I just looked at the two chargers and didn’t actually try plugging the charger into the machine to check. That means I need to get myself a spare charger. I’m assuming I can buy one from Dyson? I need another charger for my V10.You certainly can. To order, please visit shop.dyson.com.au and select Live Chat to chat with one of our Dyson Experts, or give us a call on 1800 239 766. We are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Had my Dyson v10 for 4 months and I really have to push extremely hard to release the rubbish , my wife can’t even do it as it requires too much force and she doesn’t have the strength, it was always a little stiff but now I can barely empty the rubbish which is a huge problem considering how new it is
Yep, sounds like something similar. Take the whole tube off and check the red clip underneath. Might be the same issue. Either way, I'd be getting it repaired under warranty.Have the same problem either the red lever jams and the drum will not open or the outer drum comes completely off the main body. Has been repaired once under warranty, OK for a short period but now returned again for same problem and also indicating blockageHi Tyson, Thank you for your query. We are sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect your Dyson V10 to be difficult to empty. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Cyclone V10 Absolute +Cyclone V10 AnimalCyclone V10 Animal+
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min
Power525 W525 W525 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2018Apr 2018