Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10

Absolute +, Animal, Animal+, Motorhead

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (120) · No (78)
  • Battery Life

L.L

L.LSydney

Powerful, high valumn, high battery capacity

Overall, it is good to use. It is powerful, high valumn, high battery capacity. It would be more easier to use if it could be in lighter weight. And the price is also a bit high.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$685.00.

Mazz

Mazz

By far the best cordless vac I've ever owned.

Best cordless vac I've ever owned. Works excellent on carpet and lino floors. One charge will do both levels on my 2 story townhouse on one charge with no problem. Only downfall is it can be dicky to empty, but easy enough once you get your head around it.

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$694.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looking good and handy to use

It's a piece of good looking furniture if you need some decorations. I guess it's enough powerful to clean the carpet and floor board but it's quite expensive not really worth of the money you paid actually.

Purchased in August 2019 at Dyson for A$799.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Yaptap

YaptapGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pleasantly Surprised

This is the first dyson I've owned and was really happy with the purchase. Had to buy the Absolute+ as my house is mainly wooden floors. For the carpeted areas, the carpet head works really well and sucks a lot of dusk on max setting. Really easy to clean as well!

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$809.00.

Weak plastic components

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,000.00.

Bobbie G

Bobbie GAU

Brilliant Vacuum

Brought this vacuum years ago and I am still extremely please with it! It does a fantastic job of cleaning - great suctioning. So easy to use around the house, that alone is such a bonus to it. Have found it very easy to maintain also.
The only flaw would be the battery life isn't as long as I would have liked it to be, though all the PROs highly outweigh the cons in my opinion. Personally, really recommend this product.

Purchased for A$1,200.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Piece of junk.

Broke after 4 months because battery was stuffed. Contacted dyson as under warranty, super unhelpful. First they got the date of our warranty wrong now 2 months later we are still waiting for them to fix it. Most expensive piece of junk we bought. So much regret!

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

In the event difficulties occur we aim to get them sorted as soon as possible and sorry to hear this hasn't happened for you.

Please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get a resolution for you.

Bibi

Bibi

more powerful and longer lasting battery

Purchased in December 2019 for A$695.00.

John

JohnBrisbane

Worst vacuum cleaner Ive ever had

This vacuum cleaner cost approximately $1000 and have been using it for 12 months. We have replaced 4 major parts under warranty. The only parts not replaced have been dust collector and attached extension.
Its performance is poor. Battery life is not living up to expectations. The next claim on the company will be the battery. I would not recommend this vacuum cleaner to anybody. Its serial number is zs3-au-kka2794a. I can't understand the high reviews as I'm aware others have had similar issues. Get a cheaper vacuum cleaner it will do a better job and last longer. We used the cleaner to clean a timber floor.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$1,000.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson V10 machine. Please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Kinga

KingaSouth East Queensland, QLD

dont buy it

bought the dyson v10 absolute plus in october 2018 for more than a $1000. last only 20minutes on strongest setting,so cannot finish the house with it. doesnt pick up nothing bigger than a pea, constantly says clean filter, which we do but then has to wait 24hours to use again. takes 3hours to charge battery again. we have slait and that means half of the dirt stays there. so unless you have a 20m2, smoothest floor place do not buy it. utterly disappointing....cannot wait to change it for one that actually works

Dyson Team ..Dyson

great machine but doesn't last

Purchased in August 2017 at Myer for A$999.00.

Lawrence H.

Lawrence H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Biggest Ripped offer purchase in my life

Replaced an excellent vacuum cleaner, quick research suggested about $600.
Sold a Dyson V10 Absolute + $950. Absolute wasted money, battery always recharging, low suction, repaired already...low performance recognised by Dyson arrogance.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$950.00.

princeray

princerayAU

Overpriced junk

We have had constant problems with our machine and have had massive issues with the customer support team - it had resulted in us borrowing other peoples vacuums as well as not having a vacuum.

Purchased in September 2018.

Product is used Rarely
rickydean5659

rickydean5659Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely love it

I was sceptical about buying this vacuum cleaner but i am so glad i did it is fantastic
I use it every day with so much ease ,no cords to plug in
It has the same wattage as my regular dyson its fantasic

Purchased at Domayne for A$999.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
@SHiK

@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect

An excellent machine, if you are willing to pay extra this is the best machine, quite strong, easy to use, i have tiles floor, also great on carpet, very happy

Purchased in January 2018 at Bing Lee for A$728.00.

Floor Type Tiles

AlysaC

AlysaCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best vacuum cleaner I've ever used!

We've been wanting a new vacuum cleaner for a while and heard great things about Dyson Handhelds, but the suction time never seemed long enough. Well, the V10 does up to 40 minutes with full suction (slightly less if you use the turbo mode) and is super light-weight and easy to maneuver around corners. It glides effortlessly over floorboards and straight onto carpet, and picks up every little speck of dirt and animal hair.
We bought it on sale so were even happier.
It does however require you to continually hold the trigger which can be annoying if you are vacuuming the whole house at once. A clip to hold it down would be useful for future models.

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$799.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Gee

GeeNorth Queensland, QLD

Powerful easy to use

Using this on carpet and tiles, works really good. Powerful suction, easy to use and to empty. Long lasting battery, can do the whole house without recharging. My teenagers vacuum their own rooms with this. We used to have the V8 and it stopped working but we got our money back from the product care extended warranty. So we got an upgrade though we paid extra, still worth it.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

Big T

Big TMelbourne

Great when it works, be sure to get a warranty!

Great vacuum when it works, make sure warranty is in place. Had one for around 1.5 years. So far had to have battery replaced 2 times- on third battery. It failed again recently and had to get a new body. Luckily it’s under warranty, so it has all been covered, that runs out in June which is a bit worrying for a $1000 vacuum. This has similar reliability to say a Bmw, Mercedes, Porsche- once again great when they work but it ain’t no Toyota.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

Brigitte S

Brigitte SSouth East Queensland, QLD

It makes vacuuming a lot easier

We only have timber floors and tiles in bathrooms and it picks up dirt on low power. Sometimes it runs over it but I vacuum the spot again. On low I can finish our 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom and toilet house without running out of power. This takes about 90 minutes.
I am really happy with the Dyson Stick.
The only thing I have to complain about are the many hidden nooks and crannies, as I like to wash the Dyson Stick properly after each use.
The worst one is the seal under the lid, which collects a lot of dust.
When I finished cleaning, I always clap on the top and a lot of dust still comes out of the bottom

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
S.Little

S.LittleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pretty strong and impressive for a cordless vaccum cleaner

It sucks pet hair, easy to clean, easy to use.
One negatibe is it fills so quick and you have to charge it all the time. But very efficient and recommended for homes with kids and pets.

Purchased in February 2018 at Betta Home Living for A$1,000.00.

Sharon M.

Sharon M.asked

Cyclone V10

Help hoover only work when hand over hole at suction, when you go to apply pipe for tools it stops working...any ideas

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This can indicate there is a restriction in the airways of your machine. We encourage running through this video to check your machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE

If this doesn't get your machine back up and running, please give our Dyson Experts a call with your machine handy. Our helpline is available via 1800 239 766 Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Debbieasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

I’d like to know why there aren’t any instructions for individual attachments included when I bought my v10 absolute + brand new. Instead I have to go looking online each time I want to use an attachment to know which to use. Would be good to have had a hard copy within the box at purchase to refer to. Im Still none the wiser even after looking online.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear of this. You can find a video here showing the tools and their uses via this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaR442DqjM Please note, not all tools shown come with all machines.

This should help you get the most out of the accessories with your machine, but if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via 1800 239 766 (just have your machine handy when calling). Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Debbie

Have looked at that video, still none the wiser because it doesn’t show all the attachments or their purpose. Why isn’t there any written instructions? I have small motor head and other attachments that I do not know how to use.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this. If you could email a photo of the tools you aren't too sure about to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be happy to provide you further written information about each tool and be happy to assist with any further queries.

Brig

Brigasked

Cyclone V10

I put my filter back after washing. I thought it was dry but now my vacuum won’t work! It flashes the full battery and will not turn on. I tried charging it .. nope. I tried letting it sit and dry but it still won’t work. Any suggestions?

Dimitri S.
Dimitri S.

Same problem . Did you fix yours?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

So we can best assist, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts on 1800 239 766. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

BidDaddy
BidDaddy

Any answer on how to fix this? I have the same issue.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives