Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10

Absolute +, Animal, Animal+, Motorhead

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (140) · No (87)
  • Battery Life

Susan

SusanHunter Region, NSW

Spits the dirt back out

I find this vacuum cleaner is easy to carry around and it's great not to have to trip over chords, but it doesn't clean well at all. Often the dust goes up beyond the rubber seal inside the head and the dirt is impossible to fully empty. Not happy with it at all. Once a week have to go over whole house with ducted vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in January 2021 for $849.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

Major design flaw with emptying the bin

It's fragile, the red clip for emptying the bin is a design flaw. The whole body had to be replaced twice in 2 years due to the plastic clip breaking!

Purchased in October 2018.

MikeShaw

MikeShawSydney, NSW

Amazing and convenient, didn’t think I would like it as much as I do

Great product if you don’t mind paying the eye watering price. As I have a young child that makes a mess 2-3 times a day the time saving is worth while.

If you vacuum once a week it may not be worth it.

One thing to note. It’s not great for cleaning cars etc like I hoped it would be. For it to work well it’s used a motorised head which is almost sealed that’s how it picks up sort as good as a corded vacuum. If you use the attachment that don’t have this seal like the dust one the don’t pick up too well but still do the job just about.

One thing to note is the. Issue blocks easily. Takes a few mins to fix but can get annoying. Only happens with large debris

Battery isn’t easily replaceable and very expensive so doesn’t get 5 stars

Purchased in March 2019 for $700.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cyclone V10 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

J77Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing but problems

Aleen

AleenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Problem with empty the bin

the red clip is very hard to click down to empty the bin. I totally can’t do myself and only my husband is able to empty the bin which is quite annoying. Very regrettable purchase considering as the price I paid...

Purchased in December 2019.

Nick

Nick

Best vacuum for a 3bd house

Purchased in April 2019 for $898.00.

Dr M N Ahmed

Dr M N AhmedSydney

Rubbish

why are you refusing to fix this appliance when you took the money two years ago on purchase for exactly this purpose?
you guys are liars and thieves and should be ashamed of your behavior.
i m going to make a complaint to office of fair trading, put this incident on your twitter and facebook handles, the google review and inform all colleagues on Australian Medical Association.

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Floor TypeTiles

WORST DYSON I HAVE EVER OWNED

Purchased in January 2018 at Dyson for $900.00.

DysonDyson

This is certainly concerning as we aim to provide a high level of service, regardless of the guarantee status of your machine. Please join us on live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to look into this and assist further.

Anne Q

Anne QSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warning for consumers - don’t buy

We bought this cleaner nearly 2 years ago. It’s never had a decent run time. I contacted Dyson 12 months ago and they sent me a new battery- no questions asked. I contacted Dyson again recently as the same thing was happening- cutting out at around 10 mins. What has now transpired is that you’re only supposed to use the max power level on cushions etc. Dyson directed me to P4 of their (updated) manual. This information is omitted in the manual we were given at purchase. Very disappointed. I wouldn’t have purchased it had I known this.

Purchased in January 2019 for $949.00.

William

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much better than I expected

I have found the Dyson to be superior to other stick vacuums. It set the standard others followed. It is lightweight and therefore much easier to get out, use, and put away than my ducted vacuum. The ducted vacuum worked very well and has performed well for years - but the ease and effectiveness of the Dyson has just about made my ducted vacuum obsolete. I have had no issue with battery or suction. Except when the waste container filled up, or the stick tube became clogged. Solution? Empty the waste often - just like you do with mowers.... as for the blockage - that was not so obvious to find. But I did, it was easy to fix and the suction became great again. Worth the money in my opinion.

Purchased in November 2020 at Myer for $900.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

Direct drive cleaner head doesn't work

Just bought the v10 Animal plus and charged it 3.5hrs for its first use however when I started to use it I noticed the direct drive cleaner head doesn't spin. I tried taking it off and putting it back on then all three modes but it doesn't spin.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

Bridget

BridgetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible- a dozen times and then stopped. Dyson main head failed, needs to be replaced- for $200 from our pocket!!!

Marleen P.

Marleen P.

Hate Dyson

Will never buy another Dyson machine in my life to what I know now. Dyson machines can’t handle find dust it clogs the machine and then dice and blames it on you and says it’s your fault that you’re not maintaining your machine properly. I always clean my filters properly and do everything that they say to do but it still my fault not happy with Dyson will never buy their machines ever again

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $1,000.00.

Marcus

MarcusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy to use

Extremely versatile the hanging charger device doesn't appear sturdy and has come loose of the wall attachment, the attachment is a bit sticky sometimes the head filter requires regular washing and drying, the emptying mechanism is a bit sticky. Overall very good vacuum but very overpriced

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,000.00.

jamsie

jamsie

Dyson Animal 10

I have found that there is Not much Battery life , No I would not spend that much on a Stick Vac anymore . I would only buy a cheaper Stick but there is no match for the Electric Vaccume. They have much better suction also last much longer.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,000.00.

Floor TypeTiles

AJP

AJPPerth, WA

Worst Vacuum Ever Purchased

We purchased the V10 Animal less than a year ago. The battery quickly lost power and has a maximum runtime of 5 minutes. A complete waste of money and much cheaper vacuums have performed better at a fraction of the cost.

Purchased in December 2019 for $899.00.

Gervais

GervaisSydney, NSW

Worst Vacuum we have ever owned DO NOT BUY

This vacuum blocks every 10 seconds. It has kinks that are difficult to clean out. It has a battery life of 7 minutes which is incredibly annoying as we cannot do hardly anything before it runs out of battery. It cannot handle carpet at all and gets completely clogged up and dont even bother trying if you have a pet. It is a terrible product. You would be better spending a fraction of a price on a cheaper vacuum at KMart than buy this piece of junk. This will be my last Dyson. I do not normally post online reviews however am so frustrated with this piece of crap that I felt compelled to warn prospective purchasers.

Purchased in February 2019 at Dyson for $999.00.

LisaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

dissappointed big time!

Disappointed in an understatement .

Blocks everytime I use it (without fail)
this is my second one now
The filter light is ALWAYS ON even after washing it ...
Can anyone please tell me what is good about these machines ?

its suppose to be gr8 but not the case and always neeeded recharging after a little time of vaccuming otherwise has been gr8

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $950.00.

thanku for your help
i will get onto this today

Naz

NazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

As expected from Dyson product

Purchased at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Sabina K.

Sabina K.Central, SA

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE DYSONS ?

This is my second Dyson and definitely my last ...
Had it for a year now and just realised that its been hanging up for the last 4 to 5 months without being used ...

Disappointed in an understatement .

Blocks everytime I use it (without fail)
Won't even pick up even the lightest of things like bird seed...
The filter light is ALWAYS ON even after washing it ...
Can anyone please tell me what is good about these machines ?

I want to sell it on EBAY but would feel bad to the person buying it ...

Purchased in July 2019 at Toby Deals for $899.00.

Product is usedRarely
Floor TypeWood

Masie Mouse

Masie Mouseasked

Cyclone V10

I am also having great difficulty removing stick so that I can empty canister. I asked a friend with stronger hands to do it for me, and he too had to really struggle, with both feet holding stock/floor attachment and pulling unit up with both hands, I see other people have experienced this problem. Where do you spray the WD40?

J77

WD40 sorry I don't know. I had issues opening the actual canister to empty to start - then the on/off button.....
If and when you do get it off, empty the canister, take it off the main body, give it a good clean, ( including using a toothbrush to get into all the small areas), + the stick, ( lots of DUST build up), allow it to dry of course, and put the canister back onto the main body.
## I gather you could 'wipe only' some WD40 on the stick as electrical currents run through this area from what I have seen. IDK.

Hi Masie,

Thank you for your question.

We do not recommend using WD40 or a lubricant of any kind as it can damage the machine if its gets sucked through to the main body.

The wand should easily come off the machine with a slight pull while holding the clip down. If this is not the case we would encourage you to reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email via https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us so we can help arrange a replacement for you.

Sid

Sidasked

Cyclone V10

VERY difficult to detach wand from the power head. BRUTE force required. Is there a trick or should I just return the vacuum ??

PMG
PMG

I used a little w40 and no longer have that problem.

Michael J.

Michael J.asked

Cyclone V10

My v10 absolute works ok with my old filter but new one pulses and cuts out. However if I cover the inlet with my hand it works fine - release hand and cuts out?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson Cyclone V10
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$999.00$799.00
Bin Capacity0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight2.67 kg2.67 kg2.67 kg2.67 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min60 min
Power525 W525 W525 W525 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2018Apr 2018Apr 2018