Dyson Cyclone V10

Absolute +, Animal, Animal+, Motorhead (See All)
See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Pros

Easily picks up dust and pet hairs
Simple to use and empty
Ergonomic

Cons

Battery life not as durable as expected

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (185) · No (114)
  • Battery Life

Esther S.
Esther S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Lowest quality vacuum I've ever had

Do not purchase one of these dyson stick vacuums unless you are happy to have ongoing replacement parts. Low battery Life. Expensive battery replacement and cracked and broken plastic. Cleaning them out is a whole new level of hardship. Its a challenge to clean out the base or any part of it. Needs to have easier access. I bought a forty nine dollar one and I've been using it now for nearly a year, no broken parts and does the same job. Parts come apart for cleaning easily. Fancy wasting six or more hundred dollars on something so poor in quality.

Purchased at TVSN for $699.

parabladeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overheated Overpriced Fail

Pros: 1. mobility. 2. suction (max setting). 3rd bagless.
Cons: 1. 20 minute endurance then 40 minute wait to recharge. 2. hearing protection required for max suction setting. 3. dust flies everwhere when you empty it. 4. you have to get your hand dirty to pull out the last 10% of waste. 5. too heavy and bulky for stairs / in cars / sofas. 6. overheats then shutsdown after 5 minutes on max, except for the last ever time when it didn't and fried the $200 battery. 7. $1000 for 2 years of mediocrity.

Purchased in at Appliances Online for $999.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi Parablade, thanks for reaching out. If you wish to discuss your concerns and see if there are any alternative solutions, please reach out to our experts for support:
Email: auaskdyson@dyson.com

parablade

Well, that's most civil of you, thank you. A pity such a kind offer isn't so readily accessible in the Dyson customer service webpage to avert negative feedback here. We'd very much appreciate your options, thank you again.

lisa
lisaPerth, WA

Not built to last

• Incentivised Review No
Sameer
SameerSydney, NSW

Fabulous Buy

I have been using my Dyson V10 for 2.5 years now (so I am a bit late in reviewing it, I agree). Really happy with it. The reason for this review is recently it developed some snag but I had extended warranty so sent it to Dyson service centre & it has returned all good. The service was great (except some delay due to Australia Post). When we had to live without our Dyson for a few days, it suddenly made us realise how much an integral part it has become of the daily routine. You definitely get your money's worth just that you need to follow the do's & don'ts for its usage (e.g. cleaning the filter every 6-8 weeks depending on the usage & dust vacuumed up). Ok the only down side is the noise it makes while in operation.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $1,100.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cyclone V10 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

AleenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst ever

Spent nearly 1k for Dyson v10 absolute.
This is the worst vacuum cleaner.
Lots of dusks go into a hole in the body and always have to use finger to take dusts out.
Dusts stuck very easily and after 3 years, it just gives me headache. Sometimes it doesn’t vacuum at all. I was a fun of Dyson products but I will never buy their vacuum cleaner again.
Wastes $$$. Regrettable purchase.

Purchased in for $980.

SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Premium price, Inferior product

I am extremely disappointed with my purchase. I bought the v10 animal about 3/4 years ago. It has decided not to turn off when I release the button. I contacted Dyson and I have been told that I need to purchase a new main body for $300. I think this is outrageous for this to happen to what is supposed to be a premium product. You expect more from the brand.

• Incentivised Review No
Samantha

I already have, hence why I wrote this review. I could write another one on Dyson customer service. Your tactic to take this offline is interesting in itself

DysonDysonSend a private message

Don't buy it; battery life is terrible and filter light comes on all the time

I bought this thinking that I would be getting an excellent product for the price that I paid but not the case. After only a few years of use the filter light comes on all the time (even after I've cleaned the head and filter) and the battery life has shorten dramatically. I can't vacuum beyond 10minutes even though I'm not using the booster mode and the vacuum has been charged overnight. Don't waste your money. My other friends have also complained about the poor battery life. Very disappointed given the amount of money spent!

DysonDysonSend a private message

How to remove mould and prevent it from coming back

With heavy wet weather affecting many parts of the country, knowing how to treat mould and prevent it from coming back can help you keep your home comfortable and dry.

how-to-remove-mould-and-prevent-it-from-coming-back

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
carolroach
carolroachSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

useless

useless clogs up every 2 minutes I spend more time unblocking than cleaning and it isnt very good at that either tried it to do my car gave uputh Wales

Purchased in for $1,099.

sherrilyn.r
sherrilyn.rFar North Queensland, QLD

Practical, compact floor cleaner

Reasonably practical cleaner for tiled floors.
I've not figured out how to get the attachments, other than the power head, to work effectively so not finding it that useful for car cleaning. Have tried the other attachments on full boost and performance less than ideal to complete the job.
Battery life is good. Filter easy wash & clean. Swivel head with the ball joint handy for awkward areas.
Dust & pet hair easy pickup. Not useful for slightly larger particles that come in from our loose surface path leading to tiled area.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $761.45.

Kim
Kim

Excellent value for money

This product is simple to use, has 5 attachments and 2 speeds which make cleaning a breeze. A little heavy for me to clean fans and conices but I just do a little at a time. Excellent value for money.

Sue Delanty
Sue DelantyLaunceston, TAS

This product is excellent

I can go from tile to carpet without changing the head on this product. Accessories are excellent with a range to suit every surface "nook and cranny". This vacuum has not missed a beat and is so easy to use. The stick is excellent for my ageing back. I am now thinking of upgrading to the iRobot

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Julies
JuliesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for my needs

Bought Dyson V10, first stick vaccume cleaner & it’s great. Easy to use, empty & store. Picks up my hair & pet hair with ease. Easy on my back. & easy to use 1 handed after recent wrist surgery

Sukesh M.
Sukesh M.

This one is ok for a 2 bed apartment. But, I'll not recommend this as a great product.

I bought v8 first and had to change it to v10 because I was not satisfied with its suction power. V10 is also not that great. I still find some mess after the vacuum.

It's good for carpet, not for wooden or titled floors

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi there Sukesh, thanks for letting us know you're having these difficulties with your machine. If you wish to discuss your concerns and see what solutions are available, please reach out to our experts:

Money well spent for a a wonderful piece of technological kit

I love this vacuum. I vacuumed with my Dyson floor vacuum first and then with the V10, it was incredible how much cat fur it still picked up! I was pretty grossed out to be honest, to think I lived in this atmosphere for this long "thinking" it was clean is nuts!

Purchased in at The Good Guy for $800.

Katarina G.
Katarina G.Sydney, NSW

No chords quality stick vacuum

I have carpet and floor tiles. It works great on both. I have a ragdoll cat who sheds alot, the convenience to operate quickly is a bonus. Emptying is simple, straight into the bin.

Purchased in at Dyson.

David W.
David W.asked
Cyclone V10

Why does the wand wobble on my v10 and is there any way to fix it?

DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi David, thanks for reaching out. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please reach out to our experts for support:
Email: auaskdyson@dyson.com

Mev C.
Mev C.asked
Cyclone V10

Why does my filter light remain on even with a new filter? Previous filters have always been thoroughly dried before fitting and the v10 has been completely cleaned using an air line. Help

David L.
David L.asked
Cyclone V10

Charge point on handle seems to have gorn to far for charger to reach

DysonDysonSend a private message

This is very strange to hear. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Features:

The Dyson Cyclone V10 is available as both the Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute + and the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal.

Both vacuums offer up to an hour of fade-free power and have a powerful suction that lets you deeply clean all types of surfaces - they both have 30% more suction power than the V8.

The V10 Absolute + and the V10 Animal have the following attachments: a direct drive cleaner head, a mini motorised tool, a combination tool, a stubborn dirt brush, and a crevice tool. The V10 Absolute + also has a Fluffy cleaner head, a soft dusting brush, a flexi crevice tool, and an extension hose.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Dyson Cyclone V10 easily picked up dust and pet hairs.
  • They also said that it was simple to use and empty - they particularly appreciated that they could empty it straight into the bin.
  • Reviewers said that the vacuum cleaner was ergonomic, particularly for those with back issues who can’t easily lug around a barrel vacuum.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers expressed disappointment at their V10’s battery life. Those that had an issue with the battery said that its life shortened dramatically over time, with some people saying that it ended up only lasting a few minutes after a few years of use.
Compare all 4 Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead
  • Discontinued

Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead

3.4
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$999.00$799.00
Bin Capacity0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight2.67 kg2.67 kg2.67 kg2.67 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min60 min
Power525 W525 W525 W525 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date