Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10

Absolute + and Animal

Absolute crap, one thing after another.

Had problem when you push the lever to open the bin it either wouldn’t open it or it would pull the entire bin section off, called dyson and they sent me a new bin, didn’t make a scrap of difference so had it sent back, it was returned around a week or so later and it was doing the exact same thing!!
The so called repair Centre either didn’t touch it and got sent back still faulty by mistake or they are completely incompetent.
I demanded my money back or a new one, they wouldn’t have a bar of it.
I’ve now been sent a new housing which I have absolutely no idea how to change so its sat there for months while I use my corded vac (not dyson thank god)
It's an absolute alright, absolute piece of crap

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Dyson keeps getting better

Purchased for my wife for her birthday. Friends said I would be shot!! Well she loves it.... Easy to.use for a quick clean after meals (kids) or before guests arrive. Cleans well but as others have said battery is not that long but it's not designed to do the whole house in one go. Can get kids to use also!!

Purchased at The Good Guys for $979.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

First thought wonderful but battery lifespan poor.

First it was repaired with a canister replacement as it was broken due to it being a bit flimsy.
Then it was returned with a dead battery.
Needed a new one. Unimpressed.
A replacement is about $85-$95. 6 months is terrible on a battery.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Excellent for daily vacuums

I loves this vacuum cleaner but it is really only good for quick, daily clean ups. Runs out of battery quickly on max or filter gets clogged and needs cleaning. Does have fantastic suction and cleans up fast.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Best vacuum ever!!

The Dyson is everything it promises to be..
It really can replace your normal vacuum.

The run time stated on website is accurate.. that is when on the high settting with the power head it runs for around 5 or 6 mins... we have wood floors so the medium speed is fine for them using the soft brush head and in the bedrooms where there is carpet we use the high setting with the power head..
The absolute has all the attachments that make doing jobs like the sliding doors of robes as well as cornices & skirting boards a breeze, and the hand held function means you can do your mattress and couch just as easy.

A pleasure to use, and due to the convienece of having it ready to go at any time and not requiring plugging in, we find ourselves vacuuming several times a week..and are often surprised at how much dust it collects.. dust that you can’t see but dust that is on your floors in your home environment.

It comes with the attachement to screw into the wall, but we bought a stand off eBay that comes in kit form, it’s got a very solid base and you can fix the wall mounting bit it comes with to this stand off eBay..

Purchased .

Battery Life
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Is it Worth The $$$

For years I have turned my head away from Dyson and could never justify the additional cost of the unit against others in the industry, having tried various brands and types of vacuums. Well after the wife has continually wanted a light vacuum and loves the flagship products I succumbed to her wished and purchased the V10 Absolute.

Well Damn.... Did I have to eat my words in regards to the cost, this vacuum has been one of the best "worth it" purchases we have made, besides the Air Fryer that will remain king for a long time to come.

The capabilities of this unit with it's output power is not in comparison to many units on the market, it's ability to deal with Pet hair is fantastic, the container does fill quickly at times but is no real issue here.

There are a couple of downsides, the max setting is around 5 - 7 minutes of battery life, but you should only really need it for those tough rugs, cars or carpets where your animal has been attempting to make a fur clone.

The soft roller brush, is exceptional for hardfloors/vinyl overlays. it cuts the down time and allows single passes for those quick cleans before the random guest shows up. It's not all praise though the attachment itself has a large design flaw, being that small rollers can easily get clogged and almost impossible to remove with damaging the unit. (Dyson actually warranted a new head free, which is further more to why this is 5 stars as their customer service was fantastic)

Thirdly the vacuum will make your rethinking the cleanliness of your house, this thing pulls dirt from a 3rd dimension making you clean looking house where your only doing a quick spot clean turn into that of a barn floor.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very convenient rechargeable vacuum cleaner

I use this on tiled flooring, rugs and polished floorboards. It reaches under furniture easily and is light and easy to handle. It fits neatly in a cupboard on its recharging stand and is easily accessible. It is easy to clean with prompts when to clean the filters. It has three different vacuum settings and when it’s on high, the battery will last 15 minutes.

Exceeds expectations

I hesitated before buying this as it is expensive. But I bought it through Kogan and it was delivered today. Naturally I charged it and started vacuuming as soon as it was ready. I used the mini motorised tool on a couch full of dog/cat hair. It did a great job. Then I used the multipurpose floor tool on the rug and hard floors. 10/10. There is also a softer hard floor tool which is quieter. There a whole range of other tools as well for tight spaces. All this took about 20 mins on the lowest setting and there are still 3/3 battery bars left. So I am impressed. Of course long term durability and performance wait to be seen, but I think vacuuming is going to be a lot less annoying now, because there's no cords and the machine is so light and maneuverable. You have to keep your finger on the trigger to operate it but I don't think that's an issue unless you were using it for 30 mins without a break. The bin empties easily as well. Overall, very happy with this purchase, albeit after 2 hours.

Can’t live without it

Great little machine, cleans up most everything. I upgraded from one the originals which I was still happy with, but this is so much better. Battery lasts ok, picks up most anything. Not too loud and east to store. Highly recommend this vacuum. Although pricey, I did get 20% off which I felt was a great bargain

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Finger blister

I found a few problems while using my new Dyson Cyclone V10 for the first time:
First of all, I had to maintain my finger pressed the whole time I was vacuuming so I got a blister. It would have been really easy to add a click system like in the gas station so you do not need to be pushing the bottom all the time. This should be a must.
Secondly, it is not possible to clean below the beds. The tube is not long enough, not flexible and it gets blocked by the cyclone. I could do this with my Miele before and I am not talking about bending to clean below the bed. The size of the cyclone does not allow for the tube to go completely horizontal (parallel to the floor) I went on my knees and still I could not reach below the bed.
Finally, despite being lighter than its predecessors I still find it quite heavy. I had to use both hands to clean my house set of stairs. I could not just lift it with one hand. It is ok for floors but not very practical for stairs.
The best of the Dyson Cyclone is that it has no cable and how easy it is to clean.
In case you are wondering I am not old, I am 42 years old and very active.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Cyclone V10. We would kindly ask you to email our Dyson Experts via help@dyson.ch with your review and our team will be in touch as soon as possible to assist. Best wishes, Shan

Great product that does the job

This is my second Dyson stick vac and it works really well on both dog and cat hair, which we have a LOT of in our house. I gave it 4 stars because it fills up quickly and requires emptying a lot, and you have to remove the stick to empty. If it's not emptied quickly enough, the stick gets clogged with dog hair. Otherwise, the turbo function is excellent, and even the normal function does well on carpet and hard floors

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Waste of money

Great suction but only good for a 5 to 10-minute job. Should wear ear muffs it is so loud. You have to wait for it to cool down before recharging. It should come with an extra battery. I wish I had never purchased it as as it is way too expensive for the limited amount of work it can do.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Misleading advertising

Misleading marketing claims 60 mins run time, can clean a whole house and no need for a corded vacuum - what a load of rubbish.
The so "claimed" 60 mins runtime is only with rod and floor tool removed on the lowest of three possible suctions(i.e when used like a $29 dustbuster). The advertising and in-store demonstrators make you believe otherwise.
Dysons run-time according to their own website when using the floor attachment is 5-6 mins and you can't swap out the battery if you need more. Tell me Dyson how you can do a whole house and replace your corded vacuum with only 5 mins run-time on high? Your demonstrators in store say you need to use it on the lowest suction to get longer out of it. It doesn't perform on its lowest suction.. Not really the breakthrough technology your marketing team are preaching is it?
They cannot handle constant use or much dust at all before they clog up and "pulse". I spend more time cleaning it than using it.
Very disappointed with my purchase but ill give credit were its due, when I rang they did give me a free filter (the one you supposedly dont have to change) with limited fuss.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

The most expensive ornment hanging on my way.

I have been a Dyson vacuum owner for as long as I can remember but now I feel Dyson are letting us all down badly with the new stick vacuums. I have returned mine twice in 7 months. On the first time I took it back to Harvey Norman & was told my house was to dirty for the vacuum to perform, so I contacted Dyson directly. The posted me out another filter as the machine kept flashing filter block, it didn’t solve the problem but I have to use both filters for my full 6 minutes on full power. Not long after that the machine stopped completely with the tubes flashing blocked. I clean the vacuum after every use. I spend more time cleaning the vacuum than it does cleaning my house. This time I have a new motor installed in the machine. Harvey Norman used an air compressor to blow out the machine, I asked if a free air compressor came with the vacuum. It still flashes tubes blocked. WILL NEVER BUY DYSON AGAIN. After reading many negative reviews about Dyson I am not the only one disappointed in the new stick vacuums. Meille seems to be at the top for reviews.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Sharn, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am sorry to hear this is the experience you have had with your Dyson Cyclone V10, this is certainly not the experience we wish for our owners. We would kindly ask you to email help@dyson.co.nz as we would appreciate the opportunity to look into this and assist you. We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting you. Best wishes, ShanReally Shan????? I have returned the vacuum 3 times to Harvey Norman Hastings NZ. The first time I was told by a Harvey Norman sales staff that my house must be filthy so I took it home again and started using my $99 vacuum from KMart. I phoned Dyson NZ and they sent me another washable filter because that was the first main issue. Then the barrel flew off ever time I pushed the eject leaver, Filter light flashing, tube light flashing, after just a minute running. Took it back to Harvey Norman again last week. I was root marched out the back of Harvey Normans store room with my 2 granddaughters in tow. The sale assistant started up an air compressor because she could not find a blockage but was trying very hard to find one. Some dust brew out the barrel but that was about it. It still continued to flash blockage in pipe. I collected it on Thursday and was given a book explaining how to clean it. I have spent more time cleaning it than it has spent cleaning my house. It is still not working, It is now only collecting in the barrel on the one side that the opening is and after a minute the blocked pipe flashes and it pulses. So I have to empty it every minute even though it has one slim line downwards and the rest of the barrel is empty. I am not well I have 5 auto immune diseases and cancer. All I want is a vacuum that works. If you really want to help me take this one back and exchange it for you best up-right plug in and refund me the difference. Thanks for nothing so far SharnHi Sharn, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear of your experience, however in order to assist further we would need personal details for our New Zealand based Dyson Experts to get in touch. If you could please email your details through, our team will be in touch and happy to help further. Best wishes, Shan

Love this vacuum!

Love it because it’s cordless and the suction is strong! I can now vacuum the whole house with less than half of the effort and time used with compared with the conventional cord vacuum cleaner! Expensive and worth it! The only problem I have with is that my finger has to hold the on button the whole time I use it, that’s a bit annoying! (That’s why I have 4 stars)

Awesome! Love it!

Purchased this recently as an upgrade to my V7 handstick that was looking a little worse for wear due to abuse/neglect on my part due to resting it against walls and not in its wall mounted holder. Broke the plastic clip that holds the dustbin closed.
The v10 has incredible suction in comparison to the v7. It works better on carpet (short pile) and I was shocked by the amount of dust it picked up. Had to empty the dustbin 3 times in the bedroom alone which my vax with powerhead hadn’t done such a great job of even though it looked clean to begin with and is vacuumed 2-3 times a week. The tool selection is great and I’m using the wall bracket to store it properly. Charges quickly and keeps power for longer than the D7 and has a larger dustbin so don’t need to empty it as often. 10/10

Incredible

We previously had a corded vacuum cleaner and then moved to the dyston stick vac and will never go back. It's incredible. We use it on tiles and carpet and it works exceptionally well on both. Easy to maneuver and get under items, we never have a problem with it at all. Would happily buy another Dyson should this one ever fail.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

What a great portable vacuum cleaner

I have a question I would like answered is their a vacuum head that is not powered for carpet crumes that just need tiding up,our house is fully carpeted with high and low carpet.
I am worried about carpet wear using power head all the time . I have tried leaving power roller out for a try works fine sucks up crumes fine is this ok to use or not

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Ian, Thank you for your review. Please be assured the Direct Drive head included with your Dyson Cyclone V10 is designed and tested to clean powerfully without causing any damage to carpets. The rotating brush and suction work together to provide powerful cleaning and as such, the brush bar remains on during use. Should you have any queries about using your machine on specific floor types, we encourage consulting with your flooring manufacturer to ensure suitability. If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist. Best wishes, Shan

Absolute rubbish not absolute +

Bought the absolute + not even 1 month ago and the piece of rubbish has stopped working all together!! It’s making a sound like a machine gun and motor doesn’t even work

Then I call dyson to be asked to demonstrate the noise over the phone. Once I did that I then got told that dyson will repair it if sent back to them

Let’s just say that I will never buy a dyson again because within a month it gets repaired and not changed over for a new one!!!

What a complete joke on dyson’s behalf and even more of a joke after spending $800 on a stick vacuum I got told that the kids fake dyson is not included because they only give them to you when you pay full price

I will be taking this matter to consumer affairs and even contacting ACA and get this put all over social media.

Simply Amazing

Going from a corded vacuum to a cordless vacuum has been the best purchase decision in a very long time! The Dyson V10 has been amazing, on its low power setting definitely does the achieves the job with a great battery life, and if you want a bit more grunt you can change the setting to medium or high. I definitely recommend this vacuum cleaner to family and friends.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

I have recently bought the V10 Absolute and am disappointed to realise the filter requires washing a lot more frequently than every 3 months! And to add more the Dyson website says that there are no spares available for V10 yet. I suppose I could buy non genuine parts but I would really prefer to buy genuine or have this replaced as we have paid $999 for this machine. Apart from this issue I love it! Does anyone else have this issue? May
Hello, They replaced mine when they repaired the canister. It was a non genuine- but looks the same. They said wash it every week and when dry after a couple days put it back- I blow it out with a compressor as I use it every day and I find that annoying to wait for it to dry. And I paid that too - it should come with a spare- so you can switch as it driesThat's not the answer I would be looking for after the $$ spent on a vacuum!! According to the instruction book its supposed to go 3 months before needing a wash. I must admit that if the filter warning comes on mid clean that I take it outside and brush it off with a banister brush and can carry on vacuuming, but the point is that it should perform better, at least to the level that Dyson states :-|

I cleaned my V10 filter and bin and now it wont turn on. ll blue lights light up when I pull the trigger. Why is this?
Sorry I mean all three blue lights are on.Hi Maureen, Thank you for your question. The filter may not be seated correctly, please ensure it is sitting flush as per the video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6R0aYk4iJU. Should you find the issuer persists or if we can be of any further assistance please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. Best wishes, Samuel

Just brought V10 Absolute with dok station. We cannot remove the power adapter from the floor dock the pin seems to be stuck in the dock we cannot pull it from the bottom or push it down. Can any body help please ?
Use a small flat head screwdriver. Put it in the wee slot that you can see where the metal part of the plug sticks up. Lever it open. We did this today.Hi Michelle, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. You can find a video showing how to completely disassemble the Dok, along with removing the charger here: https://youtu.be/J6wRkEIN1Io?t=104 I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Cyclone V10 Absolute +Cyclone V10 Animal
Charging Time3.5hours3.5hours
Running Time60minutes60minutes
Bin Capacity0.77L0.77L
HEPA Filter YesYes
Weight2.69kg2.69kg
Price (RRP)$999$899
Cleaner HeadSoft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner HeadDirect Drive Cleaner Head
Number of attachments64