Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10

Absolute +, Animal and Animal+

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson Obsessed

I have laminate planks, tiles and carpet in our home, so I purchased the absolute Dyson V10! I love all the attachments it comes with, so easy to quickly change them out for each surface you are cleaning at the time! The suction is amazing and I love the size of the barrel!
I’m also very impressed with the battery life in comparison to my old V6!
The stick is light weight and easy to use! I love that it’s cordless so I can spot clean and pick up dust bunnies around the house super fast.

Purchased in August 2018 at Dyson for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Great idea but an imperfect execution

We received the Dyson v10 as a house warming gift. It was our first experience of owning a portable unit. By then we had been the proud owners of two Miele vacuum cleaners. We have been using the v10 for over a year and here are our impressions.

Pros

Relatively light weight.
No wires to manage.
Versatile and can go in to smaller spaces.
Three settings for differing levels of suction and battery utilisation.
High quality material including the cleaning heads and accessories.
We received the gorgeous stand that holds the V10 and its accessories in a compact way.

Cons

Heavy upper end means pressure on the wrist when you pick up the V10 while cleaning.
Bagless but cleaning leads to release of dust and particulate matter in the air which can have serious health impact.
The suction level is good mostly for dust and minor cleaning.

In summary, the V10 id very helpful for regular vacuum cleaning around the house if used properly with the right expectations about what it can and can’t do.

Purchased in July 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Convenient for fast clean ups

V10 is super portable and cleans both carpet and tiles easily. Different suction setting allows you to save power when cleaning tiles and can be set on a super powerful setting a deep cleaning of carpet.
Use of different settings determine battery longevity. The v 10 has a longer lasting battery than previous models. Excellent value compared to the current v11. Super happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Long term review

I received my v10 Absolute plus as a test review unit from Dyson over a year ago. After a year of using this primarily on high pile carpets and hard floors, it continues to deliver the goods. Even on the lowest suction setting, I am continually surprised at how much dust it picks up on hard floors and carpets. On higher suction levels, of course battery life reduces substantially but I do pick up more dust, particularly from our carpeted areas.

Now, if I compare this to our Dyson Big Ball Cinetic, the Cinetic picks up more dust generally speaking but the cordless convenience of the v10 Cyclone versus needing to plug in the Cinetic makes it infinitely more usable. Over the last year, we have vacuumed more often than when we had to bring out the Cinetic and plug it in. Charging times are also very good (usually around 2 to 2.5 hours for a full charge).

Purchased in April 2018.

Floor Type Wood

Great product, wish I had waited until it was redeveloped

I use this on both carpet and hard floors, and it is brilliant and convenient to use on both. However, every three uses, I have to dismantle it, wash the filter, and let it dry for 24 hours before it can be used again. In my opinion, that is a massive flaw in an otherwise excellent piece of equipment. Additionally it is a little fiddly to dismantle and rebuild, so having to do it so frequently is an annoyance

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
We certainly wouldn't expect the filter to be washed after only three uses. Under normal household use, this would normally be needed every 1-3 months (depending on specific usage). If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Brilliant piece of technology and definitely made vacuuming easier

We have carpet all over the house except for tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms and the transition from one to the other is seamless and the performance of the V10 shifting from one to the other is very useful and efficient.
We also have a mezzanine used as a spare bedroom accessible up a ladder and so much easier to carry the cordless Dyson V10 up the ladder.
One minor fault I would pick is the trigger. Though conveniently positioned, it's hard not to press on it inadvertently and when not actually vacuuming.
Overall a very powerful good useful tool for our home, easy to clean and store away as it occupied minimal space.
I bought one at a very good price deal recently (nearly half of original cost) so great value for money in this situation
Highly recommended

Purchased in July 2019 at Toby Deals.

Life changer

Love the cordless vacuum. It’s so easy with kids and has great suction. However, I’ve had to have a few parts replaced. Dyson have been fantastic about this. Wish it came with 2 filters as it takes longer than 24hours to dry.
Overall I love it though.

Beat money spent

I brought this as an impulse buy, I have tiles, carpet and linoleum in my house with 3 animals, I was absolutely shocked when I used it on the carpet which is nearly new it was shocking to see how much crap was in my carpets left from previous brand vacuum, I will forever be a Dyson vacuum person, also their service team is impeccable I had a problem with my pole and they sent me a replacement with no fuss

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for $998.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Good for quick jobs, but not the whole house

I purchased this Dyson stick vacuum for our beach house because I wanted something I could easily carry up and down the stairs. The battery lasts about 15 minutes and it struggles to pick up the sand off the slate floor. I don't think it is half as good as my Electrolux Ultracaptic vacuum. My husband refuses to use it. But it is lightweight!

Purchased in March 2019 at David Jones for $500.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Excellent but expensive vacuum cleaner

We have now had a Dyson V10 for eight months. It works well, easy to use with good suction for dog hair on carpet, docks readily into the charging station (mounted in the garage about a power point), much easier than a barrel machine, with no power cord to drag and no dust bag to buy or dispose of.
My wife loves it, and our house is now much cleaner than previously. It is rewarding to see the dirt collecting in the container, which is then easy to empty. Filter needs a wash occasionally. Comes with all(?) the necessary attachments and clear instructions. We have had no trouble with it. It does seem hard to determine exactly why it costs so much - development charges should be well covered by now, but it is a rewarding pleasure to use.

Purchased in January 2019.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Would never go back to a plug in Vacuum cleaner.

I have back fusions and nerve damage which makes vacuuming difficult. The V11 is so easy to use. No messy cords for me to trip over. Suction is very efficient.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

V10 Great Stick Vacuum Cleaner

We have had the V10 for over a year now and love it, we upgraded from a V4 that we had for several years and the upgrade was instant. We have a retriever that malts regularly and the V10 handles it with no issues, and the dog hair doesn't get tangled around the brush head the way it did with the V4. I can get through the whole house in max mode, but my wife occasionally wishes for more battery life.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

If you have a pet, that malts hair, you NEED this vacum!

We have a long haired White Shepherd, who we love dearly, but malts hair like no other! The Dyson has been a game changer; it actually picks up the hair off the carpet and trust me we have tried multiple! Its easier to use and makes vacuuming daily a treat not a chore.

Purchased in May 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Dyson v10 Great Stick vacuum!

Dyson V10 Absolute is one of the best stick vacuums available, if not the best.
Vacuums all surfaces well, needs to be recharged once to complete our whole house when cleaning thoroughly(large 4 bedrooms & office, plus living areas.)With a light clean, (set on low) it vacuums the whole house no worries, just if you use it on high it cuts the vacuuming time to around 7-8minutes. The weight and ease of manoeuvring the machine is great. Overall we are very happy with the Dyson v10 & we would be happy to purchase another. Thank you Dyson.

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,000.00.

Best vacuum cleaner

Love this cordless vacuum cleaner. So easy to use and handy to grab and do a quick one over the kitchen floor. I don't worry about using a broom anymore. Gets so much dirt & dust out. Easy to take to my parents unit and do their floors too. Battery life is good, as I mainly use the lower setting. Easy to empty and keep clean. Love this machine & telling my friends & family about it.

Purchased in January 2019 for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Dyson V10 is Great all rounder

Longer battery life, more choices of power and good array of attachments.
Maintaining the unit is easy. It's so good.. I have dumped my corded one
Too easy just to Pickup and clean particularly if you have physical challenges that prevent use of normal barrel or upright
After sales service is good
High recommended

Purchased in October 2018 at eBay.

DYSON V10

Great vacuum cleaner, more powerful than previous models easier to clean out debris from canister
Only downfall can not do large house in one charge...great on all floor surfaces (carpet & hard floors).

Purchased in January 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $1,000.00.

Vacuum with suck

After years of pulling a vacuum cleaner around our large home, we purchased a Stick vac and we are totally sold! Our house has carpet, laminated wood floors and bathroom tiles and there is no need to swap appliances, just keep vacuuming through each room. It is on 24 hr charge so always ready to go for any pick up big or small.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dyson for $749.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

A fabulous addition to my Dyson Family

A real treat to have this new Dyson, I already have 3 others! They are all so good and versatile but the new one is absolutely brilliant. It goes right up along the edges of the tiled floors and brings the carpet up like new with every vacuum. I have donated my upright Dyson to my daughter as this V10 does everything I could want. It's easy to empty, easy to charge, easy to push along, easy to clean, even the dog doesn't bark at it and as my other Dyson's are testament to, it won't break and if it ever has any issues Dyson customer service is second to none.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $785.00.

Perfect for Huskies

I previously had a Dyson V8 Animal, but the V10 is way more powerful and holds more dirt before emptying. I have to vacuum everyday due to having 2 huskies, but the V10 is so easy to just grab and go, and it picks up the husky hair quickly - even off the black rug!! It's a little heavier than the V8, so can be hard on the arm when vacuuming everyday, but I wouldn't trade it for any other vacuum. Well worth the price, and the free docking station was a bonus, as I didn't have to attach to the wall. I also love the extra big roller, as I was constantly clogging up the V8 vacuum head with my medium to long hair wrapping around the smaller roller, but have had no problems with the V10.