Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum

Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (17) · No (18)
  • Battery Life
Khan

Khan

Absolute rubbish

Exceptionally noisy, very small suction head with poor suction power and hard to use. I bought it by reading all the other fantastic reviews and given the price. Turned out to be a complete rubbish. Yeah, it's cheap but you still be wasting $29 for no good reason.

Purchased in July 2020 for $38.00.

LolwutBrisbane

How is this so cheap?

I bought one of these from Big W Stafford in July after moving to a small 1br unit and downsizing.
I half expected it to break within a month, but 4 months on and it’s still going strong.
It has good suction, is light and easy to store away if you’re short on space as the handle and body pull apart into 3 sections.
I’ve just decided to use it with a powder carpet deodorizer for once, and emptied the canister several times at intervals however it’s currently overheated now (which it’s never done before after being used 1-2 times every week) and won’t turn on again.
After leaving it to cool down in front of a fan for 15 mins it’s now working normally.
The vacuum also comes with 2 filters.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $30.00.

Design flaw

My initial praise for this otherwise excellent little vacuum cleaner proved to be premature when I noticed that the dirt collected trapped itself at the top of the filter and the casing where the gap between the two is minimal. This was quickly blocking the filter before the container was even a quarter full. As cleaning the filter so frequently began to annoy me I made a small modification and now the dirt collected doesn’t get trapped at the top of the filter.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W Online Store for $29.99.

Product is usedDaily
Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Disappointed girl

Disappointed girlSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Useless without replacement filters.

Useless without replacement filters. Use to use everyday now cannot filter to dirty cleaning destroying filter. Was great product now collecting dust and not in a good way. FIX PROBLEM

Purchased in June 2018 at Big Aussie Deals for $29.99.

Product is usedDaily

KimIllawarra, NSW

Cheap and works amazingly well

Purchased in October 2020 at Big W Online Store for $2.00.

Aimee

AimeeSydney, NSW

Ok for the price

I bought it based on the reviews here as I had problem deciding which vacuum cleaner to buy that does not cost too much. I used this on my tiled floor and it performs well except for the noise and non swivelling head. I am not too happy about this so I will continue my quest for a reasonably priced cordless stick vacuum.

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Cheap but OK

I bought this vacuum based off reviews on here so I thought I'd give one myself.

You get what you pay for. For the price the suction is surprisingly good, it does pick up a lot of dust which is excellent. However the plastic is cheap and flimsy, and the head cracked the first time we were trying to get it on. We've kept it to use in the kitchen as a handheld vacuum - cleaning up small messes, but I would not recommend for the rest of the house.

Not a bad vacuum for the price but if you're willing to spend a bit more definitely do.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $30.00.

Ravi

RaviGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bang for your buck

We have owned a Ryobi Vacum and then an expensive Dyson V7. And by far the $29$ Big W Contempo is the best of the two. "Not everything that is expensive is good". This product is a true reminder of this theory. It's light weight, compact, powerful and does the job. Good on carpets and tiles. I think I am going to buy another one as a reserve.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W Online Store for $29.00.

Mishel W.

Mishel W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing tiny vacuum cleaner

Its small but very powerful i just bought and tested in the bedroom it sucks the hair and dust well in the carpet, the bathroom tiles cleaned in like 15seconds. Makes vacuuming a breeze.
Only con is its tiny so u might empty it often but that doesnt bother me.

Bob Blue

Bob BlueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NOT FOR LARGE HOUSES

This vacuum has good suction and yes it make a loud noise... but honestly unless your going to use this in a small apartment.... it has a tiny filter and has to be emptied after every room. It’s not cordless to witch I had to add an extension cord. It does not suck hair of the carpet due to no brush.
It’s a great cheap vacuum but do not be fooled by the price if your needing a vacuum for your family home.

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for $35.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

Exceeds expectations. Best $29 investment in a long time.

Like many others, after reading the reviews here thought I’d try it. $29 is not a big investment if it wasn’t as good as reviewed. What a great little beast. I’ve had an expensive Dyson that needed battery replacement and still stopped intermittently when using it. I’ve had a Vac brand that fell apart after 12 months. I have 2 big shedding dogs and want something to use during the week between using the big vac. The Contempo has great suction, really light, picks up the dog hair on the rugs as well as hard floor surfaces. Way better than expected. I was considering spending much more on a Dyson replacement but so pleased I didn’t. Throw an extension lead on it and you’ll never look back.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use

Purchased in September 2020 for $29.00.

Floor TypeCarpet

Buy this!

Im going to be honest I'm standing in the aisle about to spend $$$ on a Dyson stick vac and I thought I'll get a cheap one Aston see how I like it as I have lino right through my house. So I read these reviews and I thought ok then Ill spend $29 and try it. I don't normally do reviews but here I am to tell you to go for it! This is a top product!! It works so well! Great suction. Light and easy. Only diff is that it has a cord. But that's cool - no charging required. I would highly recommend this best buy Ive had in a long time.

Purchased in July 2020 for $29.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum
Angie

AngieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love it!

This vacuum is a bargain for the price. Light weight and easy to use. Has a lot of power for its size. Easy to clean and store. Super happy with my purchase.

Annie

AnnieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing!!

This is my first review but I felt I just had to add my opinion.
I bought this little vacuum after reading the reviews.
I have tiles and wooden floors only, and this little wonder does a fantastic job. It's very light and easy to use. No problems changing to the crevice tool as some have reported. Yes, you do need an extension cord but most people have one anyway.
It is noisy but not an issue for me.
No need to spend hundreds of $$$$$$$!

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $29.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Bloody Good.. Thanks productreview!

Bought this after reading the reviews here. I have a lumbering old machine which I use for deep cleans but needed something for everyday clean ups that didn't break the bank. This is amazing for the price and the amount of hair it picks up is unreal. The only fault I can think of is that the small chamber fills up quite quickly because it does too much of a good job!

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $29.00.

Deeb

DeebPerth, WA

This cleaner sux!

Bought this after reading the reviews here. For $29.00 I can’t fault it. Very simple design, easy to use and so light. And boy the suction is great got every pet hair off my couch no problems.
A downside might be that is corded but that also means no running out of charge and no battery failing over time. Have paid much more before for less effective cleaners.

Purchased at Big W for $29.00.

Buckethead

BucketheadSydney Surrounds, NSW

600W, Great suction. Exceed expectation!

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $29.00.

Tim W.

Tim W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My beautiful blue assistant.

This wonderfully satisfying utensil is the best value on the market. Easy now! It kicks like a horse and purrs like a lion but at 29 bucks you won't be left wanting. Dyson is taking the back seat for this wild ride. 600 watts never felt so good.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $29.00.

Fabián P.

Fabián P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Such a DEAL!

I bought it after read the reviews here!
WOW!
I had to write another one,
my little blue assistant deserves!
for the price of a fast food menu
you get a fast and efficient tool!!!
Easy to use, easy to storage, with a long cable, and the price is so low if you compare with its competitors.
Warning: You don’t scare with its potency when you first switch it on.

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for $29.00.