Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum

Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum

See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Big W? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (19) · No (23)
  • Battery Life

bushra m.
bushra m.AU

Big w I am not finding this product anywhere in stores or online please help

I bought blue one last year and I loved it due to it is sturdy body make and good suction compared with kmart one $29.
But very sorry they replaced this good product with black colour bad body style , non sturdy vacume. Its metal handle comes off again and again. I need it using while standing. Its mouthpiece stuck upward on floor surface so untill I dont push it down again and again it , it dont sucks anything. Could you please help me find this blue one if it is still somewhere in stock.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $29.00.

lmax2021
lmax2021South East Queensland, QLD

This vaccuum cleaner really sucks! in a good way!

This vaccuum cleaner really sucks! in a good way!, i am amazed. for 30 bucks, and only 600watts, she does the job for my little place. carpet always left clean. it always picks up all the dust and dirt. happy customer. it just..works.

The one small issue i have, is the clip that holds the vaccum container on, was loose. i taped it down. and she is alright now ;)

Purchased in March 2021 at Big W Retail Stores for $30.00.

Annette
AnnetteHobart, TAS

Wow the suction on this $29 vac is amazing... 100% reccomend ..

Used on carpet then onto lino perfect ... did great job still blown away over its performance a very great buy wont dissapoint you at all easy empty of filter and vac

Purchased in April 2021 at Big W Online Store for $29.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Cactus
CactusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Is mine the only one where the handle comes off every 5 minutes?

So the suction is great, I'll give it that.
But you can't adjust the suction, and with the head having NO brushes, I could see it doing some real damage to hardwood flooring.
My issue is that the flimsy catch that's supposed to secure the extension pole to the Dustbuster fails to do so.
I'm left with the option of throw the pole and head away and just keep it as a Dustbuster, or get some liquid nails and fix the pole on permanently.

Purchased in April 2021 at Big W Online Store for $15.00.

Ali MNewcastle

Little monster

It’s fantastic little vacuum cleaner for small places. This handy little monster does the job very well. I use it for both hard surfaces and on carpet. Both working well.

Purchased in April 2020 for $29.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
davidp
davidpSydney, NSW

Very good value. I won't go back to my Dyson.

Purchased in January 2021 at Big W for $29.00.

Sucks harder than an airplane toilet

I think I have actual love for this vacuum. I never leave reviews but I feel like more people need this in their lives. Less than $30 and I prefer it to my boyfriend's expensive hoover! They've updated it now with an extra sucky attachment and hooks to wind the cables around which was my only complaint before... Such great suction. I have two!

Purchased in March 2021 at Big W for $29.00.

Khan
Khan

Absolute rubbish

Exceptionally noisy, very small suction head with poor suction power and hard to use. I bought it by reading all the other fantastic reviews and given the price. Turned out to be a complete rubbish. Yeah, it's cheap but you still be wasting $29 for no good reason.

Purchased in July 2020 for $38.00.

Lolwut
LolwutSouth East Queensland, QLD

How is this so cheap?

I bought one of these from Big W Stafford in July after moving to a small 1br unit and downsizing.
I half expected it to break within a month, but 4 months on and it’s still going strong.
It has good suction, is light and easy to store away if you’re short on space as the handle and body pull apart into 3 sections.
I’ve just decided to use it with a powder carpet deodorizer for once, and emptied the canister several times at intervals however it’s currently overheated now (which it’s never done before after being used 1-2 times every week) and won’t turn on again.
After leaving it to cool down in front of a fan for 15 mins it’s now working normally.
The vacuum also comes with 2 filters.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $30.00.

Design flaw

My initial praise for this otherwise excellent little vacuum cleaner proved to be premature when I noticed that the dirt collected trapped itself at the top of the filter and the casing where the gap between the two is minimal. This was quickly blocking the filter before the container was even a quarter full. As cleaning the filter so frequently began to annoy me I made a small modification and now the dirt collected doesn’t get trapped at the top of the filter.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W Online Store for $29.99.

Disappointed girl
Disappointed girlSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Useless without replacement filters.

Useless without replacement filters. Use to use everyday now cannot filter to dirty cleaning destroying filter. Was great product now collecting dust and not in a good way. FIX PROBLEM

Purchased in June 2018 at Big Aussie Deals for $29.99.

Kim
KimIllawarra, NSW

Cheap and works amazingly well

Purchased in October 2020 at Big W Online Store for $2.00.

Aimee
AimeeSydney, NSW

Ok for the price

I bought it based on the reviews here as I had problem deciding which vacuum cleaner to buy that does not cost too much. I used this on my tiled floor and it performs well except for the noise and non swivelling head. I am not too happy about this so I will continue my quest for a reasonably priced cordless stick vacuum.

Kaitlin
Kaitlin

Cheap but OK

I bought this vacuum based off reviews on here so I thought I'd give one myself.

You get what you pay for. For the price the suction is surprisingly good, it does pick up a lot of dust which is excellent. However the plastic is cheap and flimsy, and the head cracked the first time we were trying to get it on. We've kept it to use in the kitchen as a handheld vacuum - cleaning up small messes, but I would not recommend for the rest of the house.

Not a bad vacuum for the price but if you're willing to spend a bit more definitely do.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $30.00.

Ravi
RaviGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bang for your buck

We have owned a Ryobi Vacum and then an expensive Dyson V7. And by far the $29$ Big W Contempo is the best of the two. "Not everything that is expensive is good". This product is a true reminder of this theory. It's light weight, compact, powerful and does the job. Good on carpets and tiles. I think I am going to buy another one as a reserve.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W Online Store for $29.00.

Read more reviews - page 2