Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum

Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (16) · No (15)
  • Battery Life
Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Cheap but OK

I bought this vacuum based off reviews on here so I thought I'd give one myself.

You get what you pay for. For the price the suction is surprisingly good, it does pick up a lot of dust which is excellent. However the plastic is cheap and flimsy, and the head cracked the first time we were trying to get it on. We've kept it to use in the kitchen as a handheld vacuum - cleaning up small messes, but I would not recommend for the rest of the house.

Not a bad vacuum for the price but if you're willing to spend a bit more definitely do.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for A$30.00.

Ravi

RaviGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bang for your buck

We have owned a Ryobi Vacum and then an expensive Dyson V7. And by far the $29$ Big W Contempo is the best of the two. "Not everything that is expensive is good". This product is a true reminder of this theory. It's light weight, compact, powerful and does the job. Good on carpets and tiles. I think I am going to buy another one as a reserve.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W Online Store for A$29.00.

Mishel W.

Mishel W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing tiny vacuum cleaner

Its small but very powerful i just bought and tested in the bedroom it sucks the hair and dust well in the carpet, the bathroom tiles cleaned in like 15seconds. Makes vacuuming a breeze.
Only con is its tiny so u might empty it often but that doesnt bother me.

Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Bob Blue

Bob BlueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NOT FOR LARGE HOUSES

This vacuum has good suction and yes it make a loud noise... but honestly unless your going to use this in a small apartment.... it has a tiny filter and has to be emptied after every room. It’s not cordless to witch I had to add an extension cord. It does not suck hair of the carpet due to no brush.
It’s a great cheap vacuum but do not be fooled by the price if your needing a vacuum for your family home.

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$35.00.

What a find!

Just unpacked and assembled. Have only hard floors and rugs. Already I’m thinking two things - 1 What am I going to do with my old Dyson- fairly certain I’ll never plug it in again
2 How I dodged a bullet by not buying a $1000 cordless- yeh the cord is a bit of a hassle but not almost a thousand bucks worth.
Does a better job on my hard floors than my Dyson as it glides across my floors where the dyson stuck and it picks more up as the head is a better design.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W Online Store for A$30.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Tiles

Exceeds expectations. Best $29 investment in a long time.

Like many others, after reading the reviews here thought I’d try it. $29 is not a big investment if it wasn’t as good as reviewed. What a great little beast. I’ve had an expensive Dyson that needed battery replacement and still stopped intermittently when using it. I’ve had a Vac brand that fell apart after 12 months. I have 2 big shedding dogs and want something to use during the week between using the big vac. The Contempo has great suction, really light, picks up the dog hair on the rugs as well as hard floor surfaces. Way better than expected. I was considering spending much more on a Dyson replacement but so pleased I didn’t. Throw an extension lead on it and you’ll never look back.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use

Purchased in September 2020 for A$29.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Buy this!

Im going to be honest I'm standing in the aisle about to spend $$$ on a Dyson stick vac and I thought I'll get a cheap one Aston see how I like it as I have lino right through my house. So I read these reviews and I thought ok then Ill spend $29 and try it. I don't normally do reviews but here I am to tell you to go for it! This is a top product!! It works so well! Great suction. Light and easy. Only diff is that it has a cord. But that's cool - no charging required. I would highly recommend this best buy Ive had in a long time.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$29.00.

Floor Type Linoleum
Angie

AngieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love it!

This vacuum is a bargain for the price. Light weight and easy to use. Has a lot of power for its size. Easy to clean and store. Super happy with my purchase.

Annie

AnnieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing!!

This is my first review but I felt I just had to add my opinion.
I bought this little vacuum after reading the reviews.
I have tiles and wooden floors only, and this little wonder does a fantastic job. It's very light and easy to use. No problems changing to the crevice tool as some have reported. Yes, you do need an extension cord but most people have one anyway.
It is noisy but not an issue for me.
No need to spend hundreds of $$$$$$$!

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for A$29.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Bloody Good.. Thanks productreview!

Bought this after reading the reviews here. I have a lumbering old machine which I use for deep cleans but needed something for everyday clean ups that didn't break the bank. This is amazing for the price and the amount of hair it picks up is unreal. The only fault I can think of is that the small chamber fills up quite quickly because it does too much of a good job!

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for A$29.00.

Deeb

DeebPerth, WA

This cleaner sux!

Bought this after reading the reviews here. For $29.00 I can’t fault it. Very simple design, easy to use and so light. And boy the suction is great got every pet hair off my couch no problems.
A downside might be that is corded but that also means no running out of charge and no battery failing over time. Have paid much more before for less effective cleaners.

Purchased at Big W for A$29.00.

BucketheadSydney Surrounds, NSW

600W, Great suction. Exceed expectation!

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for A$29.00.

Tim W.

Tim W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My beautiful blue assistant.

This wonderfully satisfying utensil is the best value on the market. Easy now! It kicks like a horse and purrs like a lion but at 29 bucks you won't be left wanting. Dyson is taking the back seat for this wild ride. 600 watts never felt so good.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for A$29.00.

Fabián P.

Fabián P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Such a DEAL!

I bought it after read the reviews here!
WOW!
I had to write another one,
my little blue assistant deserves!
for the price of a fast food menu
you get a fast and efficient tool!!!
Easy to use, easy to storage, with a long cable, and the price is so low if you compare with its competitors.
Warning: You don’t scare with its potency when you first switch it on.

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$29.00.

Outperforms more expensive models

Extremely efficient for its price (Wooden & Carpet flooring)

Outperformed my previous vacuum (purchased at $100+) in terms of suction power.

Ease of use is also good, easy to assemble and disassemble when done, which encourages better routine habits.

Pretty long & very lightweight (helps with back issues), no need for bending down

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$29.90.

Cindy

CindyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better than my Dyson!

I still can't believe this vacuum could pick up more off my floors than my Dyson animal. The only thing different is it isn't cordless but with a powerful pickup, this is awesome! I use it on slate, timber flooring and carpet rugs both low pile and shaggy and it was perfect.
My Dyson has been losing battery power and needed constantly charging, it flicked stuff everywhere and wouldnt pick up all the dirt and dust this Contempo can.
I was lucky to pay only $19 as I had a $10 reward on my Woolworths rewards card, what an absolute bargain!!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for A$19.00.

Weerakoon

Weerakoon

Perfect vacuum and really like it

Recently I had purchased Contempo 2 in 1 stick/Handheld Vacuum-600w from Big W store.
It was so light and very handy and so far working well with no problem. It’s helping me to get in to a corners easily. 600w machine’s speed/power is enough to do whole my house vacuuming in short period of time. Worth for the money I spent on this and really like this.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W -Queen Victoria village, cnr Swanston and Lonsdale st for A$29.00.

ak147ak

ak147ak

Amazing value and great suctions great replacement for my broken stick dyson

I usually dont write reviews but, If you need a light vacuum for around the house that has great suction. Please go and buy this ASAP. It vacuums carpets and tiles with ease and has more dirt removed than my v6 dyson. The build quality is ok but amazing vacuum quality.

Also do yourself a favor a get a 10m extension cable for $10 so you can go around the house.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for A$29.00.

smc.

smc.

It’s true. It’s that good

Amazing. This $29 vacuum out performs my $600 vacuum. Also has 2 year warranty. Incredible. Super light. Good power. It’s really simple to use. I use it in the house but it would be great in the garage or caravan.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for A$29.00.

Floor Type Wood