9Dyson V12 Detect Slim

37 reviews · Statistics

78% · 296 · 16%
Product is used
  • Daily (9)
  • Several times a week (20)
  • Weekly (6)
Pet OwnerYes (17) · No (19)
Battery Life
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson V12 Detect Slim37 reviews
bee Jay
bee JayNSWSydney, NSW23 posts
  Absolute

Love Dyson products and the leave on button is a great

Picks up more than my i-robot. Is quick and easy to use, especially with the push on butter over having to keep your hand held in the same position the whole time. Love how it tells me when and where the blockage is. Only difficulty is emptying dust right at the top of the rubish collector but I use long tweezers to do this. No other brand I've used comes close to Dyson. Show 2 replies
Carol Topakas
Carol TopakasQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Verified V12 Detect Slim

No longer ‘Loving my Dyson V12’

See part 2 after 12 months

Part 1. Light weight and easy to maneuver ..
has great suction .. easy to clean and makes vacuuming tiles to carpet a breeze.

Part 2. 12 months on battery needed replacement luckily still under warranty but I was shocked it lasted only a year and also even after thoroughly looking after masses of dust collects in small filter and clogs even if you empty and clean after each use.. Show details

Mia
Mia3 posts
  Absolute Extra

A must have for any busy household

This cordless vacuum is sleek in design, easy to manoeuvre, the battery is long lasting and it picks up so much dust.

I was somewhat skeptical prior to buying this vacuum that it was capable of all of the things that it was touted to be able to do.

Happy to say that I was proven wrong. This vacuum is so versatile, I used it to clean the floor, my car and my husbands car, all on the one charge of the battery.

Battery life is about 55 minutes and the suction is so good. Picked up everything including the fur from my 2 cats.

Highly recommend! Show details

Jen_em
Jen_emBrisbane16 posts
  Absolute

Best vacuum ever

Ok I was a little lukewarm about purchasing this product. Dyson vacuums are expensive and they look so pretty with their cool colours and sleek design. Seems like they’re built for show.

How wrong I was. This vacuum does everything I need it to ie suck up every bit of dust on surfaces. It’s light, easy to empty and with a great battery life. Works on polished wood, carpet and tiles, and I also bought the mattress attachment.

Great product and definitely worth the spend. Colours are pretty too. Show details

Canberra Daddy
slanger
slangerVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts
  Verified Total Clean

So light! I love it

I had the Dyson V12 Absolute but it was so big and heavy. Went for the Slim Detect instead which is only 2kg in wieght. It needs emptying more often but is still far preferable to the larger model. I also like the green detect light but don't use it often as I use the carpet head the most. Show details
SoSo
SoSoVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts
Vjoh
VjohVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Total Clean

Dyson, other products now can empty bin automatically …

I was exciting getting it as my old dyson was not wireless. After using it for a period of time, there were more negatives i can find using it:
1.i have to use strong suction to get a clean carpet hut that only last 15 minutes, then it will ask to be charged .
2. When comes to empty the bin, i have to empty it outdoor. Otherwise all dust is will spread and i. I need to revaccum them again. So what s the point?
3. It s not easy to empty the bin, getting my fingers in to remove and take out all it out.

For a price you re charging, it s indeed a dissapointing invention. The only pro i can find is it s wireless and lightweight.

Perhaps v8 is better … i felt really regret buying this. Show details

Trudy Anne p.
Trudy Anne p.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
  Total Clean

This the best Dyson I have use my to daughter have one and I love it I wish I had one

Timber flooring it is the best on the floor also it is so good at cleaning the animal hair I would recommend this cleaner to anybody just love it. My two daughters own the Dyson pension. I go to their houses and do their house work Show details ·  1
Real M.
Real M.
  V12 Detect Slim

6 weeks of light use and the cordless stick has snapped off in half

Purchased from JBHIFI for an eyewatering $1300.
6 weeks into light usage on floor boards ( no carpet), the main barrel and the cordless stick have snapped. As mentioned, light usage and the plastic inside the tube clean snapped from the main barrel. We have not dropped or "possibly smashed it against the wall" as suggested by Jb hi fi customer service.
We are then charged $65 to have it assessed ( under warranty) and 8 week wait to determine if the Dyson is faulty or we broke it. So we now need to buy a temporary Vaccum whilst we wait for their decision.....
dont waste your money on this product. Show details
Dyson   DM

We're disappointed to hear you've had these difficulties with your machine, if you wish to discuss your concerns please reach out to our experts for support: external link

Gone
Gone4 posts
  Absolute Extra

Does the job, but wouldn't rave

Build quality is my main gripe. For the price, I would have expected much better. Cheap $200 vacuums have better quality plastic than this Dyson. Very disappointing. If I could have returned based on this, I would have. Its baffling why light-weight but durable plastic was not used?!
Barrel NOT easy to empty as the marketing suggests; you have to pull out the debris manually, it DOES NOT drop out automatically because it essentially wraps around the cylindrical barrel, especially hair, longer fibres etc.
Barrel size is fine for my apartment, but would be too small for three bedroom home or larger. Show details
Maz
MazMelbourne6 posts
  Absolute Extra

So pleased with this vacuum

On reading reviews I thought the light was just a gimmick but it’s not! So good in those dark corners. It’s also easy to use with my arthritic wrists. Great machine highly recommended. Show details
Disappointed
DisappointedVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Richard D.
Richard D. · V12 Detect Slim

Good evening the trigger switch on my V12 doesn’t spring back into off position can I replace it?

Compare all Dyson V12 Detect Slim listings
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $1,199$1,249$1,349$1,399
Bin Capacity0.35 L0.35 L0.35 L0.35 L
HEPA FilterYes
Weight2.2 kg2.2 kg2.2 kg2.2 kg
Attachments Laser Slim Fluffy cleaner head, Direct drive cleaner head, Mini soft dusting brush, crevice tool, Stubborn dirt brush, Wand Storage clip, Hair screw tool, combination tool, Docking stationLaser Slim Fluffy cleaner head, Direct drive cleaner head, Mini soft dusting brush, crevice tool, Stubborn dirt brush, Wand Storage clip, Hair screw tool, combination tool, Docking station, Free-standing floor dockFluffy Optic Cleaner Head, Motorbar Cleaner Head, Hair Screw Tool, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Wand Storage Clip, Wall DockFluffy Optic Cleaner Head, Motorbar Cleaner Head, Hair Screw Tool, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time4 hours4 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min60 min
Suction (Air Watts)150 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date