See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson V6 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

1,461

firefighter

firefighterSouth West, WA

Cant live without it!

Cordless which means I can just take it out and vacuum anytime easily. Battery lasts long enough for my small house. Suction is great. Highly recommend. Ive used it for more than five years and suction is still as good!

Purchased in April 2014 at The Good Guys for $400.00.

Elena

ElenaSydney, NSW

Good but not perfect

I bought this vacuum more then a year ago. Its have a small dust holder so will Bork only for the small house or apartment. I now bought Miller vacuum and its much stronger! I love it more. The Dyson I use now for cleaning my small boutique.

Purchased in July 2018 at Bing Lee Online store for $349.00.

Isobel H.

Isobel H.Sydney, NSW

Most frustrating appliance ever

I've struggled for 18 months with this vacuum cleaner. Keep thinking it's me given all the great reviews it's got. I spend more time unblocking it than actually vacuuming. Anything bigger than biscuit crumbs get stuck at the top of the wand or in the bottom. You need a skewer to get the dirt out of the canister and you end up filthy! The canister comes off when you don't want it to and won't come off when you do. I hate this vacuum cleaner and have finally put it in the bin. My neighbour by the way has the same model and gave up months ago. I'm going back to Hoover.

Purchased in March 2018 for $549.00.

VTaylor

VTaylorVictoria

Absolutely garbage. I rang Dyson v6

I contacted dyson and told them that after being fully charged that it l only manage to get 6 minutes out of it . Their reply was " yes 6 minutes sounds about right on a fully charged dyson v6. If l had known, I would have not purchased this product. Save your money.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

spaceman

spacemanSydney, NSW

Great for small apartments

Great little vacuum cleaner. I can clean my entire 1 bedroom apartment three times over on a single charge.
It never looses suction even when the battery is about to die.
Its also very useful for vacuuming a car if you don't have access to a power outlet.
In terms of after sales support Dyson is superb. Recently the battery in the vacuum died and with just an email Dyson sent me a new battery which was simple to install. Warranty is 5 years!
This vacuum is not ideal if you live in a bigger house as the battery life is just 20 minutes.

Purchased in August 2018 at Big W for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Anj

AnjNorth Queensland, QLD

Love this

This makes vacuuming fun. It glides from the polished timber to the tiles and then over carpet so easily. The only thing that is a bit of a pain is emptying the canister. The battery last longer then expected and has a great feature of the boost button. The boost helps to get all the crumbs from around the kids seats at the table and also picks up spilt kitty litter from the cat kicking it out of the litter tray! Dyson has fantastic products.

Purchased in June 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $399.00.

Matt

MattIllawarra, NSW

Awesome vacuum!

We bought the V6 absolute to replace our Hoover branded hand-held vacuum and were immediately blown away with the power, attachments and battery life (20 minutes with the max boost button pushed). Attachments all do their jobs. Very happy with purchase!

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

a79

a79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect little dust eliminator

These are so handy as I have a small house m I can easily whizz around and get most done on a single charge. I could have spent more and got Thebes latest model as I’ve previously done but this one has been good enough and I’d highly recommend it for anyone thinking of getting one. We also got the full accessory kit thrown in which is handy for cleaning tricky spots like the car and around the base of furniture.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dyson store on ebay for $279.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Tess

TessSydney

It’s good! I wish battery was longer.

I’m happy with it - I got it on sale which is good but wouldn’t repurchase onsale. I’d upgrade! Dyson is incredible though - one friend I have borrows mine to clean her car as it fits in small spots well!

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $285.00.

porcelina25

porcelina25QLD, 4503

Average

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W for $350.00.

Hugh B.

Hugh B.Sydney, NSW

perfect fits all our cleaning needs

we use the vacuum on both our carpert and tiled surfaces with in our own home we are very
satisfied with its performance
the vacuum cleaner performs very well on all surfaces

Anne

Anne

Lives up to expectations

I use this on floorboards and tiles. It has great suction - manages to vacuum most dust particles away compared to other brands of vacuum cleaners. Only downside is that I would prefer a longer battery life. At the moment it’s sufficient for a quick vacuum here and there but would like to use it more for a full house clean as it is cordless and very mobile.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Piece of crap

Brought the crap for about $800 .I use it once a week on a small house after 20 minutes of use it dies and now my battery has gone in it after 2 years. I don't use it everyday for the price I'm better of going to get a kmart one they last year's and years....that costs $100 .never buy a dyson don't waste your money. Trust me its not worth the pain and money

Carole

CaroleIllawarra, NSW

A very upset customer

I purchased a V6 Stick in 2016 which I thought would be ideal for my new small home. Before the warranty had expired the battery had to be replaced. Now, the machine constantly cuts out and is useless, not good enough for an expensive vacuum cleaner!! So after 3 years I find that I will have to purchase a new vacuum which will certainly NOT be a Dyson, nor would I recommend a Dyson to anyone. Very disappointing.
Carole

Purchased in May 2016 at Bing Lee.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Parklanda

ParklandaChirnside Park

You get what you pay for

We have had the stick vac for just under 2 years. It wasn't meant to take over from the barrel vac but it has because it is so light & easy to use and great performer on all types of surfaces.When the battery died a couple of weeks ago ,I didn't think that was right .Neither did Dyson .They were happy replacing the battery and charger on warranty .There are a lot of other manufacturers who could learn from this - Good customer service

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
josh

joshCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The most essential item in the home when kids are around

Great everyday vacuum for carpet or tiles with minimal suction loss
The battery life could be better I think the V11 has a much better battery life but could not afford the that modellove the wall mount charger and it hidden away easy

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $500.00.

Louise Willis

Louise WillisSouth Australia

Great for a quick job.

This has been one of the best items ever purchased, as it is light and reliable and very accessible when needed for a quick clean up and tidy up always.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Battery and major motor head issues

Fairly impressed with the convenience and suction of our stick vac but unfortunately the first battery died in just less than 2 years. Thankfully this was covered under the 2 year warranty. Then at 3 years old the motor head stopped working and after extensive testing via phone support I'm told I have to replace the whole motor head at my cost because the warranty has expired. So $125 later, I'm thinking it's not worth all the money to buy these machines if major parts need replacing after only 3 years!

Purchased in June 2016.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best purchase ever!!

We use the V6 Slim Original by Dyson everyday!!! We have Timber planking floors in the main areas and carpet in the bedrooms. It does both! We do a quick vacuum everyday and its so easy!

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Garry

GarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Suction

I use this on floor boards and carpet, even bathroom tile.
The vacuum performs well on all surfaces and transitions seamlessly. The suction is great and it's a good size. I'm happy with the battery life. The only downside is emptying it is a bit difficult, I think the newer models have made this easier.

Purchased in February 2016 at Dyson for $539.40.

Frequently Asked Questions about Dyson V6

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Janet

Janetasked

I charge dyson v6 up all night it works for few seconds I put it back on carve for one minute then it works fine what is wrong?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time from your Dyson V6.

If your Dyson V6 is working well otherwise (i.e. picking up dust and debris) and the charger lights up when the machine is plugged in, it would indicate the battery on the machine would need to be replaced. You can purchase a replacement battery for the Dyson V6 here: https://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/battery-967810-21

If this isn't the case, the machine is under two years old, or you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

julie shirley

julie shirleyasked

My dyson only works for a few seconds then blinks blue. Any help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this Julie. Our Dyson Experts would value the opportunity to assist in diagnosing this and getting your Dyson V6 up and running as it should.

Please just email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and the serial number of your machine. Our team will be in touch very shortly to help.

Janeyasked

Hi,
We have a Dyson V6 Animal and have had issues with it cutting off after 10 secondish! We have had a new charge cable and now be provided with a new handle section. When it is plugged into the charging cradle should it have a solid blue light? (I haven't recently seen that light go off whilst in the cradle in a while)

Any Advise
Jane

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When your V6 machine is plugged into the charger, the light on the machine should certainly turn blue.

If it isn't, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help diagnose what is happening and get this sorted for you.

Janey

Hi it is turning blue and switches off but when using it it lasts about 10secs and switches off like it needs charging again? I have had cable/ handle changed.... no idea

Dyson Team ..Dyson

So we can best assist, please just reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We will be happy to further assist.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V6 Animal Extra

Dyson V6 Original

Dyson V6 Original

Dyson V6 Slim Origin

Dyson V6 Slim Origin

CategoryStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$449.00$249.00$599.00$529.00$399.00$549.99
Bin Capacity0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Weight2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min
Suction (Air Watts) 100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015

Download manual