Dyson V6

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Dyson V6 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (199) · No (157)
  • Battery Life
Sarah

SarahSydney, NSW

Perfect

The V6 is incredible! No need to rush, just vac slowly, picks up everything deep down! I use it on carpet, floorboards and tiles. Take care of it it will last. Common sense.

Purchased in July 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for A$400.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

very disappointed.

I have had this vacuum for 4 years and have replaced my battery once already and it looks like it is going again. I think I will have to look at another model because I am not doing this all the time

Purchased in June 2016.

Very bad ....would not recommend

We bought this product in Argos ....very disappointed.... we haven’t used this vacuum a lot
We don’t have carpets only hardwood flooring....
The suction is poor, very poor
Based on this I would not recommend or purchase another vacuum product from Dyson

Purchased in January 2019.

Floor TypeLinoleum and Wood

janeSouth East Queensland, QLD

overpriced under average vacuum stick

I use this stick vacuum very little, just 2 persons in house, using normal Miele vacuum. 1st problem : battery didn't last, now second problem : fluffy powerhead have a flexible ( dark Blue) rubber which is cracked on 2 places.For the price what I paid and used so little it should be any problems.I think is better to buy a cheaper stick vacuum and when there is problem just buy another cheaper.
My partner is appliances technician from 1997 in business and he believes this product is a very average and unfortunately very overpriced.

Purchased in November 2017.

jane

Iam still waiting,Dyson supposes to contact me today, no response,dissapointed

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. If you haven't heard from us by the time promised by a Dyson Expert, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we are only happy to follow this up.

Hendo

HendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Regular Maintenance Required.

We’ve had this vacuum for 3 years and use it regularly. Generally does the job for a quick vacuum. It has some negatives. I find it impossible to put the dust canister back after taking it off to empty. Just opening the bottom to empty doesn’t get rid of all the dust. So I then use a stick to get the dust off around the unit filter just so I don’t have to take the canister off. Regularly have to clean the purple filter to stop any pulsing happening as well as getting rid off hair caught tightly around the roller on the head.
Have had one new battery in the 3 years.
Overall it seems a lot of maintenance is needed to keep it functioning well and my trustworthy Miele seems much simpler and easier to use.
Hair is it’s worst enemy.

Purchased at Myer for A$399.00.

Scott

Scott

Battery life is very poor

We have had multiple DC models, and have had the V6 for 2 years.

The battery life on all of these is great for the first 6 months then terrible. You would think that modern batteries would last a lot longer. Dyson seem to think they are a consumable on a $500+ piece of technology. Other providers will warrant their batteries for up to 5 years.

Won't be buying another Dyson.

Purchased for A$499.00.

Floor TypeWood
KrissyH

KrissyHIllawarra, NSW

The most amazing vacuum cleaner ever!

I have Alaskan Malamutes who shed almost all year around, I had tried other cleaners but nothing beats the Dyson V6 animal, it is an amazing piece of machinery, I absolutely love it.
While the battery doesnt last as long as I would like it does the job I need it to do on both my hard boards and carpets.
I totally recommend a Dyson animal for anyone that has pets.

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson for A$699.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Good

Good

Excellent! One of the best vacuum I have ever had

I have c God carpets and tiles it really clean the place perfectly prior vacuum I will have go through a few times which takes 15-20 but this one is so it takes 5 minutes yeah very happy with it

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys for A$599.00.

Tegan-b

Tegan-bCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect for easy cleaning

This vacuum is lightweight and compact. The vacuum is easy to use and is convenience for quick cleaning. I have carpet and tiles and the vacuum performs well on both surfaces.

Purchased in January 2019 at Costco for A$500.00.

jessjuba

jessjuba

Best thing I bought

Cleans hard wood floors & tiled floors & mats, it is wonderful. Bought it after I house sat one time and used a Dyson there. Never had thought about owning one before this so when I came home - I bought one for myself, it's the best and handiest Vac I have ever had. Fully recommend

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W for A$399.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
Robyn

RobynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works really well easy to empty and clean no dust escapes we have dogs and it picks up everything

We have Carpet in bedrooms wood floor in kitchen lounge bathroom tiles And slate rumpus room this vacuum cleaner Performs beautifully over all of these surfaces Strong suction easy to empty out and I like that no dust escapes when your vacuuming

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores.

Belle S.

Belle S.Sydney, NSW

Great vacuum

Love this vacuum, awesome for quick cleaning jobs when i don't want to use the big vacuum. specially great on wooden and tiles with the extra power the carpets are quickly cleaned.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$799.00.

aussietrueblue

aussietrueblueAU

The best vacuum

Super fast charge. Last about thirty minutes of life on low settings. And at the most 10 minutes on high. Big barrel. Truely amazing Dyson. Great for picking up animal hair.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for A$399.00.

BG

BGPottsville

Very disappointing

Tiles and carpet.
Suction is ok on tiles, nothing wonderful on carpet, and the charge only lasts 15- 20 mins, not long enough to complete a 4 bedroom house, always having to put it back on charge.
To make it worse the battery has now completely died after just over 2 yrs, and it’s $79 to get a replacement, unless I buy a compatible one, $35 but not sure if they are ok.
Luckily we have an old vacuum from KMart cost $75 6 years ago, it isn’t as easy to manoeuvre as the stick vacuum, but much stronger suction, so we shall use that for now.

Purchased at Big W for A$399.00.

It failed again...

I used it to vacuum my carpet. After about 10 minutes (with MAX) it stopped working. I charged it for a day and it still not working. I press the trigger and there's no any respond. The red light blinking so I assumed the battery malfunction. I bought a new battery and replaced the old one, but the same thing happened again. It supposes to be a great product but it did work as I expected. I am really disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018.

Product is usedRarely

Find out how Dyson V6 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Poor excuse for a hoover

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Adam

AdamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for about 18 months

Works great for 18 months (after returning a faulty model). Then battery lasts for approximately 30 seconds and dies. Will try Miele next, maybe they stand by their products. Used on carpet and timber flooring.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$299.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Wood
Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Turbo head design flaw, 0.5 mm electrical wire, are you kidding me?

The turbo head stopped spinning caused by broken wires inside the head, I know this because I disassembled the powerhead myself since I don't have the receipt to claim warranty, which is how I discovered the shocking quality of this product, you would expect a product of this price point to at least have proper wiring in this area (powerhead joint) which is under constant movement, but no ! it is as flimsy as the cheap ALDI job I bought and returned after the same fault. Shame on you Dyson, under all that glossy skin and hyped up marketing you are just a nasty piece of junk that doesn't last. At least ALDI's would give you a full refund when their junk breaks down.

Purchased at David Jones for A$399.00.

Floor TypeWood
Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't purchase if you expect a long lasting vacuum.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$599.00.

Product is usedRarely
Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
DysonDyson

Use it every day, no dramas

Our house uses it almost every day for 15-20 minutes. Love how easy it is with no cord, suction is great. Can be hard to clean the machine if not looked after regularly. Once you figure out a good routine it's easy. Battery beginning to die with 20 minutes use, after 2.5 years, but looks easy enough to replace through Dyson.

Purchased in January 2018.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Frequently Asked Questions about Dyson V6

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Big mo

Big moasked

V6

How to clean the filters?

john b.

john b.asked

V6

Hello went use my dyson but the motor,s will not run on either of the heads it was working a few days ago.
Cheers john

DysonDyson

We would encourage running through the troubleshooting outlined here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cordless/Dyson-V6/209568-01/troubleshooting-243386/check-the-electrical-contacts-231180

This should help, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Maureen Donaldson

Maureen Donaldsonasked

V6 Absolute

My dyson hoover is going on and off through the night it’s sitting on charge. Any ideas?

Pat Y.
Pat Y.

mine is doing this also

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 12 Dyson V6

3.4
Dyson V6 Absolute

Dyson V6 Absolute

4.1
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$399.00A$449.00A$249.00A$599.00
Bin Capacity0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 20 min20 min20 min20 min
Suction (Air Watts)100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015