See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson V6 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

The outside of the box needs a warning on it stating that it totally does not work on all carpets.

It did not work on my carpet at all - you needed to be a weight lifter or walk backwards for it to work on my carpet. I was told by Dyson that maybe BigW should have warned me and I replied that maybe Dyson should have printed the same warning on the outside lable. No answer for that suggest from Dyson. Because I did not use my v cleaner for a few months after my purchase nobody wanted to know about my problem and had already put the box into the bin. Not a happy customer. I noticed it is discontinued - I wonder why?????

Purchased at BigW.

Product is used: Rarely
Pet OwnerNo

Product of the year again

I use it on all surfaces. Car and house both benefit. Easy to clean and maintain. The roller in the head unit is replaceable but it lasts a long time compared to the amount of work it receives.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Great for my small unit and car

I bought the Dyson stick vacuum to make life a lot easier in my small unit. It's just so handy to use and the attachments are really great for different jobs including my car. I have both carpet and wooden floors in my unit and it does a great job on both. Even my 4 year old grandson likes to help vacuum.

Purchased at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

V6 pretty much a fail. Should have purchased a later model

Bought the v6 stick from Catch this year. Big mistake, should have done my research. I only have hardwood floors and it doesn't pickup, just spreads debris around. Also dirt, fluff and hair get caught around filter so barrel needs removing every time. Push red lever down whole way as instructed but doesn't detach. Have to twist, pull and fiddle for a good 5 minutes then go through same thing to replace. Very, very frustrating machine. Sorry, wasted my money there!

Great little vacuum

I use this vacuum on carpet mats, lino and ceramic tiles.
Cleans all those surfaces quite well.
The vacuum is light weight and easy to use. Easy to clean, and so much easier than one with a power cord. Thus not limited to the length of the power cord. I use this vacuum almost every day. Would never be without it now. I hardly use my normal vacuum.
I have been asked to do a review on a product an I chose this particular machine. I love it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kogan.com for $299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Not hugely impressed considering it’s dyson

Not as quiet as all the adds make them out to be.

We bought this vacuum because we have a dog and a cat. The vacuum finds it almost impossible to suck up cat litter granules (they are literally paper pellets so very light) instead it just pushes them around and/or flings the cat litter granules across the room. Doesn’t pick up my dogs hair either which is almost like horse hair.

Doesn’t vacuum granular dirt either and struggles to vacuum dirt that sits along the edges of your room. String or fluff just gets stuck in the head of the vacuum CONSTANTLY!
It also throws out hella dust at you when you empty it because the latch is so difficult to open.

The bin is hard to open and empty. It’s loud. I could go on and on about how disappointed I am in this dyson vacuum.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $389.00.

great customer service

I bought this one a while ago,
very handy for a home with kids or pets, works on all surfaces
the best thing I like about it is the customer service,
I had some issue with the wand, Was broken and wasn't clear how it happened just gave them a call no question sent me a replacement straight away!
also, my son is allergic to dust(eczema),
this has a great filter

Purchased in February 2017.

It's just the BEST

When I started using this vacuum, it was for all types of flooring ie. Carpet, rugs, linoleum, tile and wood flooring too.
Fantastic for dog and cat hair on upholstery.
It's light and amazing for the stairs and the cars.
It's great not to have to lug a heavy vacuum and worry about plugging in cords.
I have also said to friends and family it's a must.

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvery Norman for $567.00.

Dyson V6 Animal is awesome

I have carpet and a large hard floor area, the Dyson V6 Animal is perfect, it's cordless, light and does a great job on my black carport as I have two (2) white Jack Russell dogs, picks up all my dogs hair without too much effort, it's also extremely simple to pull apart when you want to give it a good clean and change the filter, I would highly recommend this product.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

WOW, what a joy to use

This is my new "go to" house hold appliance, we recently had new tiles laid in our home and this little ripper has allowed our new look home to stay looking brand new. Easy to use and easy to empty, our home wouldn't be the same without our Dyson V6 Vac, make your life better with a Dyson.

Purchased in February 2018 at Goodguys for $599.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Love ease of use,could not clean floors better.

Use on carpet, vinyl & ceramic tiles. Performs excellent on all surfaces going straight from one to another & never get my big cleaner out anymore. It's amazing the tiny dirt this vacuum picks up plus the fluff & hair, makes you wonder where it all came from. My floors have never been cleaner, so easy to use,empty, then back into the charger for next use.

Purchased in March 2017.

Absolutely love this vacuum

We actually bought this vacuum in Australia and bought it home with us to NZ as we were visiting with my daughter and her family and they have one. It is very light and very easy to use. My old vacuum was great but too heavy. I noticed with this one even my two young grandsons could grab it and do their rooms with ease. I have also convinced my mum to buy one as well. It seems fine on any floor surface. We have it hanging up in a cupboard. Just a case of grab it, use it, empty it and hang it up again. Couldn't be easier.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $369.00.

Great quality and powerful

This mounted permanently in our caravan and is great for daily cleaning on a combination of carpet and lino. Only downside is the short battery life on the full strength setting.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

perfect

I use this vacuum on hard floors and carpet and absolute love it , I have a long haired dog that sheds hair everywhere, within in not time at all the barrel is full of dog hair, would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself, love it

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $369.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Limited Effort

I have carpeted areas and vinyl flooring, the Dyson V6 cord free allows me to vacuum these areas with ease and the battery life has also made it possible to vacuum in a timely manner. We also have a dog in the house and the vacuum is exceptional for the pet fur and easy access when needed quickly.
The battery charges within an acceptable time period and allows lengthy time to complete a whole 4 bedroom home without rushing.
Emptying the canister is a little hard, as there are times the dust sticks within the barrel and one needs to use something to remove, but that is the only downside.
Not having to drag a cord around is also useful, as this allows me to go from the top part of the home, to the downstairs.
There is limited noise level, and this also helps when the dog is around, it does not frighten him like the other vacuums do.

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for $400.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

over priced, over rated, and not worth even close to the price

Carpets, wooden and tiled floors, light weight but, as the title of review say's I would not pay the price for any Dyson product to be honest I can go to my local Bunnings and buy any brand vac for half the price that does just as godd or better in performance.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Good stuff and easy to use

Laminate floor we have cuz of children, the machine works well for carpet but had to change to laminate floor, a bit worry at the beginning of floor change, however it really easy to use and clean floor properly. Only one disadvantage which is only can use about 20 mins then has to charge. Otherwise, super good.

Purchased in April 2018 at Big W for $400.00.

Floor Type Wood

best vacuum cleaner

Super strong suction that sticks onto floor. The different heads are also useful. Note that fillter needs to be washed regularly. Otherwise it smells bad. a bit noisy sacrifices for strong susction.

Purchased in January 2019 for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Perfect cleaning arm!

The best in its league and I have used other brands of vacuum cleaners but this one is unmatched - it's light, easy access, use on all floors - couldn't do without it!

Purchased at Target Australia for $500.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Love my Dyson V6 cord free!

I use this on all my floors. Carpet, timber and tiles. Does a great job picking up all the dirt, better than my Dyson barrel vacuum as it didnt have the brushes.

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W for $449.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about Dyson V6

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

The battery on my Dyson animal was replaced by the Dyson Repair Shop just over 12 months ago - it has been working fine until today. A red LED light flashes when I press the trigger and nothing happens - there is no light at all when on the charger. Do I need to replace the battery again or is this a bigger problem?
If you look at your instruction booklet, (if you do have one) you will see if you have red light or flashing red light, it denotes a fault. You will need to contact your Dyson dealer to have it looked at. Is it still in Warranty date? Is it out of warranty date. Regardless, you need to have it checked. Red light shows it is not charging. It may not be the battery. Take it back to the repair shop. ASAP.Sorry to hear about this, a flashing red light indicates something not right within a component of the machine. For further assistance, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Why do the rollers stop rollingsome times
Mine occasionally stopped due to dust or hair build up. I have replaced mine due to wear and tear, but this was just recently and I use my vac everyday. I hope this helps.ThanksWe are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the motorhead of your cordless machine. Often this can be caused by a blockage or a restriction in the electrical pathways that power the motorised head. We recommend to follow these checkpoints to help get this resolved: 1. Clean the brushbar as shown in this video here: https://youtu.be/fdnu4yk-5vI?t=25s 2. Separate the clear bin from the main body of the machine as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWG-AgswpQo Once the clear bin is separated, clean the metal contacts behind the clear bin and on the main body with a dry cloth. Assemble the machine and test if the motorhead will spin. 3. If the motorhead still does not spin after following steps 1 and 2, please remove the long wand and test if the motorhead will work when connected straight on the nozzle of the clear bin. If the motorhead still does not work after following above steps please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to assist further.

My Dyson V6 keeps cutting out after maybe only 2 minutes of cleaning. I have tried and done all the on line cleaning out etc but it makes no difference, it still cuts out, once it's returned to the holder it can go on cleaning for 2 minutes, every time..
You might want to contact Dyson, it sounds like the battery is faulty, but I m not sure.Hi Chrissy, maybe there’s something blocked into the vacuum, we experienced same because of my long hair, husband find it easy if you push the red up to the top and it opens, easy access to cleaned up and it works fine againSame happened to me. I contacted Dyson by email and after a free questions and tests to run they sent me a new battery. Free. Fantastic result. Now works perfectly.

Dyson V6 Animal ExtraDyson V6 Cord-freeDyson V6 TriggerDyson V6 AbsoluteDyson V6 Animal OriginDyson V6 SlimDyson V6 Car+Boat ExtraDyson V6 FluffyDyson V6 MotorheadDyson V6 AnimalDyson V6 OriginalDyson V6 Slim Origin
CategoryStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$449.00$249.00$599.00$529.00$399.00$549.99
Bin Capacity0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L0.4 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Weight2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg2.04 kg
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min20 min
Suction (Air Watts) 100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015Apr 2015

Download manual