Dyson V6
4.2 from 2,775 reviews

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Dyson V6 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used
    • Daily (112)
    • Several times a week (108)
    • Weekly (49)
    • Rarely (8)
    • Monthly (3)
  • Pet OwnerYes (151) · No (124)
  • Battery Life
Gemma T.

Gemma T.

Dyson V6 Slim

It goes flat so quickly! But suction is fantastic. I use it on carpet and and tiles, does well on both surfaces. I probably have about 10-15minutes before it goes flat. It’s easy to manoeuvre, light in weight, and it comes with a warranty.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W.

Karen Byers

Karen ByersPerth, WA

Cordless vacuum Cleaner

Have had my V6 Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaner for 2 1/2 years and the motor that spins the wheel that picks up dirt has stopped it working. Warranty is 2 years so Dyson timed it well for it to break. Cost to replace is $125.00. I am very disappointed Dyson. I bought a Dyson vc because Dyson themselves with their ads say it is the best!, well it is not and I will not be spending another $125 to have it running.

Narhari

NarhariMelbourne

Amazing product

We bought Dyson v6 from catch. The product is amazing n value of money. Cleans thoroughly. The cons is just batter never long last for 30 min after full charge.

Purchased in October 2019 at Catch for $399.00.

Hit and miss

Great vac when it's working. Head is hard to clean and the plastic grooves you turn to take out brush and plastic felt strip become deformed (plastic soft).
Brush head has ceased to rotate, even after clearing and cleaning it out.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear of your difficulty with your Dyson machine and it's head.

If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly and happy to assist and get this sorted.

Loved it but now very disappointed

Bought my Dyson 2 years ago. Just loved it for 18mths. Now after usinging for a couple of minutes it starts surging. Replaced the battery, still surging and can't be used.

Purchased in March 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $400.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Pat wykes

Pat wykesGreystanes

Isn’t as good as they make out

Bought a Dyson V6 animal. Paid $399 in June 2017. The battery needs replacing already and is costing another $79. It is used on tiles and carpet, not used every day and is not overused.
Very disappointed.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Brandon A.

Brandon A.Sydney, NSW

Great features.

So happy with this Dyson I even talked my mum and sister into buying one. Easy to use and picks up so much. I have a long haired dog and cat and it works wonders.

Purchased in February 2020 for $455.00.

Floor Type Wood

Wish lasted

Wish lastedQueensland

Not the best

Not the best vacuum out having to hold the button down I have a much better one from big w that was only $50 power head tacky and broke within the first few months of owning it

Purchased in March 2018 at MyDeal.com.au for $599.00.

Product is used Rarely
Bennnnny

BennnnnyPerth, WA

Solid build

Have used on multiple surfaces in different homes. Manages well for everyday use. Motor head does tend to get clogged with hair but a daily clean solves this issue. Had a part break and dyson replaced for free. Bought 3 total, 2 as gifts.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

It's amazing

It's amazing it dies the job I wanted it to do and its so light and easy to use. I use it all round the house and it works so good after using it time and time again . And 1 charge last long enough to do my hole house 2 time

Purchased in August 2019 for $196.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Disappointed

Bought this vacuum from kogan in Oct 2019. I used it on carpet and vinyl flooring. So now it's March 2020 and the battery will no longer charge so it is a waste of money as far as I am concerned. Very disappointed in the product . Won't be buying this brand again that's for sure

Purchased in October 2019 at Kogan.com.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
ozmozz

Too late chucked it out and bought an electrolux

Hope

HopePerth, WA

It’s a good vacuum especially if you have a back injury caused by work. No bending or twisting. Dyson customer service were beyond excellent when I have a problem, they asked me to mail it and they fixed in and repost in less than a week . I’m really happy with it. Two years warranty is a bonus.

Purchased in April 2017 at Target Australia for $400.00.

Floor Type Linoleum
Sam B.

Sam B.

Fantastic

This vacuum cleaner is one of the best it sucks everything up even though you struggle sometimes with the biggest stuff! I will always have this in my household now I couldn’t live without it

Purchased in May 2019 at Catch for $396.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Jaz

Jaz

Want an upgrade

I ordered this vacuum online and I've had it 2 years now it's great but it's small size is annoying would love a bigger dirt collected. The clips on the connections are easy to break

Purchased in January 2017.

Floor Type Linoleum
Pascal

PascalSouth East Queensland, QLD

A fantastic company with excellent backup service.

Bought a Dyson V6 Vacuum cleaner, it has worked incredibly well and does a very good job, the vacuum had a battery fault after 14 months, I contacted the Dyson team and they were excellent to deal with, they happily replaced the battery pack and sent it by post within a couple of days. A fantastic company with excellent backup service.

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for $300.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Lenchik

LenchikBrisbane

Great vac but few faults

Had this vac for 7years, have been very good to it so battery is still great. Unfortunately some attachments kept falling out so had to tape them and the rubbish container opens randomly so all falls all over the floor. I think they changed it in the new model. For the convenience of the cordless vac that sucks well I will buy the new version soon.

Purchased in March 2013 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Lisa2020

Lisa2020

No longer charging

I've been so happy with my Dyson - it really has made my cleaning routine quicker and easier. But now it does not charge anymore :( When I plug it in - the blue light comes on and then turns off after a few minutes, but when I try to vacuum it stops after 3-5 seconds...

My opinion matters.

My opinion matters.Brisbane

Superb service

We have a Dyson V6 since December 2017 as a back up cleaner. So it is out of warranty 1 year 2 months today exactly. I contacted Dyson as the red light is flashing. They asked me to do some checks to determine the problem. A new battery is required, which they are sending free of charge as a one off gesture. Now this superb service is polar opposite to another experience we had recently with another company here in Australia. Thank you Dyson. We are most impressed.

Purchased in December 2017.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
canonstandish

canonstandishBrisbane

Superb After Sales Service

I’ve had my animal for around six years so feel qualified to write the review. I have a cockatiel parrot which throws seed around ad nauseum, and a very hairy golden retriever so use this machine every day. After four years the battery needed replacing. Around two years later it needed replacing again. I was gobsmacked that it was just within the warranty period, Dyson has all the records so no searching around for receipts. Fabulous service. When it stopped working, I reviewed the cordless LG, but when I read about about poor after sales service I changed my mind. Now I don’t need a new machine which I absolutely rely on, but when I do, it’ll be Dyson again for me.

Purchased in June 2013 at The Good Guys.

Gabi K.

Gabi K.South East Queensland, QLD

Good or Bad?

Powerful motor and suction performance on smooth flooring, nimble design, lightweight and easy to use. However, on carpets the brush fails to spin and therefore does not pick up dirt. With poor battery performance, I have to vacuum my small double story down house over two days for a fair clean. Finally, where the power trigger is located, the vacuums motor sits against your finger and quickly heats and burns the skin.

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Frequently Asked Questions about Dyson V6

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Leonie G.

Leonie G.asked

V6 Absolute

Hi
I've had my V6 absolute dyson for 2 half years uning it 5 dyas a week but not for very long, Just the last few weeks it only lasts for a couple of minutes and then shuts off. I have pulled it apart to clean and was wondering if it is the battery or the charger?

Jeff R.

Jeff R.asked

My Dyson V6 is 2 or 3 years old and has been absolutely awesome but just lately when you put it on High Speed to do some carpet it cuts out completely after 10-20 seconds and then won’t run at all. But if you put it on the charger just for a couple of minutes it will run fine on Low Speed so it seems like the battery is holding charge? I’m confused, has anyone got any ideas?

Luke

Lukeasked

My dyson v6 is approximately 6 months old and it will no longer charge. The red light just flashes. Looking for some insight on what is causing this?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Download manual