Dyson V6
4.2 from 2,740 reviews

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson V6 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

1,469

L.L

L.LSydney

Helpful for daily clean

It works well so far. It is much more powerful than my previous philip cordless vacuum cleaner. It would be better if it has a larger battery. The battery can only work for one room area. I have to recharge it again and again. Also, it is not as easy to clean up the inside dust as advertised.

Mark B.

Mark B.Sydney, NSW

Now I enjoy cleaning the floor!!

I hated vacuum cleaners, heavy bulky things that would have to be dragged from room to room. What I love most about my Dyson is how powerful and yet how light it is. I find myself vacuuming every time I get a spare few minutes. It's so quick, and because I use the supplied wall mount it's never been easier to keep my vacuum tidy and out of the way. I love it!!

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

manj

manjGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

excellent product

i bought this vaccum last week and so far works well. This is the first product i bought from dyson and definitely much better than my previous machine. It is so easy and works well. Not that pleased with the batteries but ok. Value for money

Purchased in November 2019.

HappyDays

HappyDaysPerth, WA

Terrible pick up and suction

I've written to Dyson about this and thought I'd leave a review here too.
Since getting this vacuum I've despised it. Everything gets spat out in front of it and you spend forever trying to suck up the most insignificant bits of dirt, usually giving up and resorting to the old vacuum instead.
Don't buy one. Doesn't do the job.
Have tried other Dyson cordless vacuums and they're nothing like this one. They actually work. This doesn't.

Purchased in January 2017 for $300.00.

Neha

NehaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Cord free vacuum cleaner

This is the best vacuum cleaner available in the market,it is so easy to use on carpet and wooden floors.
It is very easy to use as cord free and is light weight.

Purchased in October 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $290.00.

GisellecookeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Vacuum. Terrible battery

The vacuum itself is great. It is so easy and works well. I am extremely disappointed with the quality of the batteries on the handheld cordless Dyson V6. I have had my Dyson for just over 4 years and I am on my third battery. The past two batteries have died on the two-year mark. The replacement cost of $85 is exorbitant, particularly since its life is so short. I don't use this every day. My mother's cheap handheld vacuum is still going without a battery replacement after 4 years. This is not good enough. The most expensive handheld vacuum on the market should have a quality battery. For this reason, I would not recommend it, unless you are happy to fork out $85 every two years.

Floor Type Wood

Broo K.

Broo K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Legit gave me blisters.

I was genuinely so surprised to see how bad this product was, given the rave reviews and high price.

The head compartment of this vacuum heats up so much that when I'm vacuuming on a hot summer's day, it gave me blisters. Not even a lie.

Plus, I couldn't help but get irritated that the vacuum clogs up very easily in every possible compartment, and every 5-6 vacuums I'd have to pull the ENTIRE thing apart.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Form over function - poor usability

I bought into the perception that Dyson = Good Design. I shouldn't have. The process for emptying the dust cannister would be comical if it wasn't so frustrating. My wife and I routinely have to use a kitchen knife to scrape out the dust cannister, which typically results in more dust over the floor. I presume the design team would have tested this process, which makes it even more baffling how it ended up in production. Totally unimpressed.

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy Jan

Totally overrated

The unit cuts off within 5 minutes and restarts after resting. Doesnt pick solids from hard floor but better for carpets.My cheap corded stick vacuum works better! Poor technical support.

Product is used: Rarely
sookjja N.

sookjja N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Battery problem on Max mode

Using this V6 absolute for 2 years. Had problem with battery as it goes flat after 5 seconds use on max mode. Costumer service was great. Step by step over the phone assessment was great. Got new replacement battery shortly after. However I find this vacuum cleaner is not the finest quality. The canister attachment to hanset is somewhat flimgy. Also the bottom door opens itself while cleaning. Not a happy cleaner

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect the bin on your machine to open during use.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch. We will only be happy to look into this and assist.

Dave Brazoo

Dave BrazooHunter Region, NSW

Adaptability and Reliability to the MAX!

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Worst buy

Fan of Dysons for years but this has been trouble from day 1. Works for minutes then gets blocked and stops. I cant get a decent run. Wouldnt recommend to anyone. Weve only had it just over 12 months and im already looking for a replacement.

Purchased in August 2018 at David Jones.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear this, we wouldn't expect any Dyson machine to experience routine blockages.

If you haven't done so already, we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We are only happy to help.

Absolutely terrible

Absolutely terrible vacuum battery lasts 10 minutes and the suction is horrendous and it spits the dirt across the floor. I would never buy a Dyson again just not worth the money you pay for the product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan.com for $350.00.

Floor Type Wood

Randa Abboud

Randa AbboudGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very reliable

Its very easy and realible to use. Very powerful and light weighted. Recommended to be simple and cleaned effectively. Its cord free for easy to transport and to clean the car

Purchased in January 2017 at Myer for $399.00.

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

poor battery

Poor battery performance. Got it to use for the car and the house. Battery doesn't last long enough to do the house and now struggles to make the distance with the car. The fact that a car kit will cost you over $100 is also ridiculous. Regretting this purchase.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used: Weekly
Dwi

DwiIllawarra, NSW

Its Dyson.quiet simply the best for its kind

We have two cats live in the house and this vac just do right to clean up all the cats hair. work nicely on hard floor and carpet and it also easy to clean

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $400.00.

Jarrod

Jarrod

Overall a very convenient vaccuum

After switching to a cordless vacuum, I don't think I could ever go back to a corded vacuum. The convenience of no cord is just too good!

Overall this is a very good vacuum for wood floors and carpet. The batteries usually last just long enough to quickly go over the whole house, but if you're being really thorough they tend to run out after roughly a little under 30 mins depending on how much you use the max setting--Not an issue for us, because who wants to vacuum for longer than 30 mins?

The only major pain with this vacuum for us is that it doesn't work all that great when it doesn't get proper airflow on rugs and will barely work, sometimes at all depending on the type of rug.

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for $350.00.

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Great product

Excellent product for the price. Great performance and battery life, easy to use and easy to clean. The performance on newer models is obviously stronger but this one is great value and does the job for when you need to clean a quick clean-up in small-medium spaces

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Online Store for $350.00.

Product is used: Monthly

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Nice product

Nice product, very good suction. The battery lasts very long. Never had any issues. Easy to clean and easy to empty bucket. Easy to use. Very happy and highly recommended.

Jayahh

JayahhSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy and light I love it!

I use my vacuum on floorboards, tiles and carpet. Cleans all surfaces well, cleans car floor and seats well. Only downfall is it Doesnt last long on turbo mode so you must be quick! overall heat vaccum.

Purchased in September 2018 at Big W for $299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Frequently Asked Questions about Dyson V6

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Puneet

Puneetasked

Hey hi,
For my Dyson V6 Animal the motor head has shopped rotating, upon inspection i noticed hair build up and then i cleaned it thoroughly inside and outside and cleaned it,.
Now the problem is , i am not getting power in the tube at all, i even tried it with other Animal motor head and even thats not working. Its just sucking the air as normal but none of the motor heads getting power with or without the rode. Has anyone faced a similar situation?
thanks in advance

stuart

stuartasked

Does anybody else get a small shock from the machine charging point,while using it. Dyson says its static,it might be,but if they had a small cover over the machine charging point,it couldn't happen.
Other than that its a great little machine,if a bit overpriced.

Enza

Enzaasked

My dyson is fully charged. After a few minutes of use it stops and an amber light appears. What is wrong with it?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

An amber light on your Dyson V6 indicates the battery is too warm and needs to cool down. This is more likely to occur if the machine is used on Max mode and/or in a warm environment.

After letting the machine cool for 20-30 minutes, you should find your machine continues to work as normal.

If not, or if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and only happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives