Echo VS2100

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Echo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
geoff t.
geoff t.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Echo VS2100

Good machine , was very happy with it. Worked quite satisfactorily, quite powerful for my needs,until the coil failed, doesn't seem possible to find a replacement, disappointed with the parts backup!

Purchased in February 2018 at private sale for $119.00.

Mark
MarkSydney

Not powerful enough, always breaks down.

Bought this thing years ago as I have many trees surrounding my property, it picks up leaves ok but won't pick up small twigs, so you have to follow it up with a broom or blower. It is very temperamental, often refusing to start or stopping in the middle of the job. It is usually so much of a pain to try and keep running I usually just shove it back into the shed until I can try and fix it at a later time when I don't feel like kicking the wheels off it. I usually carry on the cleaning with a broom or blower. Huge waste of money, don't be tempted to buy one.

Date PurchasedApr 2008
Ced NGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent for artificial grass

Purchased an echo vac sac VS 2100 to vacuum my front & rear garden artificial turf. It does an awesome job works better when you drag it towards you rather than push also good on concrete .used to use a blower vac before , found it to be pretty useless. Purchased from Phil at Warehouse Mowers Taunton Drive Cheltenham 1300 466 694. Excellent service and really helpful. Keep up the good work Phil.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great machine when operating,useless when broken down

We have a big problem with gum tree leaves dropping into our yard and pool area,so I bought ECHO vac which does a fantastic job of cleaning the leaves. The problem we are having is that the blower impeller keeps chewing out it's mounting boss and parting company from the engine drive spindle. Our supplier has been great and has repaired it each time but it's lost for four to five weeks while they wait for a new blower wheel.
Surely a company as big as ECHO can provide better service than that.Please ECHO, you have a great product don't let it down with such poor supplier backup.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Petrol Blower Vacuums

Find out how Echo VS2100 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

Shauna
ShaunaAdelaide

Bag is terrible

Bag is useless, as you vacuum the dirt blows out of the bag, you end up wearing it! Has a liner but only a small opening to empty the contents out of, which makes it impossible. The liner is delicate & has perished within a year, so now my vac just sits there. Waste of money!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015
JWCS
JWCSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great garden vac, but needs a little refining

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Josh
JoshPerth

Much Better Than a Blower

Super light and you push it around instead of holding it.
Starts great and being petrol there is no extension cord to lug around.
sucks up most debris but be careful in sand as you will get a bit blown back onto you.
bag holds a decent amount of grass clippings and leaves enough to do my whole back yard in a single go.
Mine is quite old now and as such the fuel tank broke when i hit it accidentally one day so a quick trip to the local mower shop and 3 days later i had a tank petrol cap and some fuel lines and a filter cost about 60 dollars and away i went again.

Good product backed up by replacement parts still
sucks most stuff up

Bad does generate a bit of dust if you have a lot of sand.

ET
ETIpswich, QLD

Good product, spoiled by poor after-sales service

This little machine is a ripper. It's light, easy to start, and does a great job. It's very reliable, like other Echo products I have used.
Unfortunately, the bag tore and needed to be replaced, but many attempts over several months by the local reseller to get a replacement bag proved fruitless. My emails to the Echo distributors went unanswered.
I will never buy another Echo product for this reason.
Light weight, easy to start.
Shocking after sales service, or rather lack of it. Not the reseller's fault, but the distributor's.

Youngy
Youngyasked

is the fan bolt left or right hand thread

Christine B
Christine Basked

Is this a 2 stoke machine?

Matt Dasked

How often should the air filter be cleaned and what is the best way to do this?

Ced N

Hi Matt, I use my Echo probably once every 2 mths for by front and back garden, I have not cleaned the filter since I bought it only changed the inner bag as it had some holes in it. Cedric

Matt D

Hi Cedric. Thnx for your reply. I bought mine secondhand in January in very good condition. Am having trouble starting it on most occasions so thought cleaning the air filter might have been the problem. Guess I should just take it back to the firm I got it from (again) and have them look at it (again).

CategoryPetrol Blower Vacuums