Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gavin V.

Gavin V.Perth, WA

Entry level blower

The blower itself is a little disappointing in power. It also does not come with a flat nozzle. It does excel in its design features with the adjustable choke and carby adjustments.

Purchased in June 2019 for $249.00.

Safety

Paul

PaulSydney

Awesome little blower!

This blower has paid for itself again & again! I have used it since 2011 as a contract cleaner (cleaning gutters, car parks, you name it, it’s done it) without one problem. Never changed the spark plug, starts nearly first pull every time. Its weight and balance in operating the machine is perfect. Always use ear muffs as they are alittle on the loud side. The plastics used and internal components in this model are made to a very high standard. It’s been dropped numerous times (accidentally) sometimes 5-6meters and nothing has ever broken on it. It just works. It’s Simply an Awesome little blower! When it eventually dies, I will back for another for sure. Thank you Stihl

Purchased in January 2011 for $299.00.

Safety

GrillaBBQBrisbane

Less than 12 months and on my third repair!

Purchased in May 2018.

Stewart's handyman servi

Stewart's handyman serviFar North Queensland, QLD

6years of contracting use and still going strong

Bought this back in 2013 , never had an issue. I use it up to a couple of hours daily to finish off lawn mowing jobs and couldn’t be happier with it.
I wire brush the spark arrestor every few months to get rid of carbon build up and that’s it for maintenance
Was thinking about getting a new one soon and will definitely be going for a stihl

Purchased in February 2013 for $249.00.

Sam

SamCanberra

Works well, starts easy

It's reasonably light and easy to use, provides plenty of blowing power that gets the job done, I use it for grass trimmings, leaves and also for our 20mm gravel driveway clean-up so it has enough power to blow the gravel back where it's supposed to be. The only thing that makes me wish I had bought the model up from this one is the anti vibration that this unit lacks, you don't really notice the vibration too much though (until you try the better model and you can barely tell its running from the feel of it).

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Bob41

Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

So Far So Very Good

I Do Believe I Have Finally Bought a Blower that Will Keep The Wife Happy for a Decent Time Lets Hope So. After Two Bad Experiences with other Brands, It is Light weight Powerfull, quiet & Well Balanced Very Happy to this point with it, I should have bought a stihl in the first place

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Do Not Buy

That starter spring is extremely weak be prepared to spend $35.00 for repairs or learn how to replace the $2.00 starter spring on a regular basis, you must barely pull the starter or it will bend every time, just kicked mine to the curb. This unit is NOT Stihl quality.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Build fault

Have had two of these one to blow the leaves and the others to vacuum and mulch. Works okay but both have developed fault that causes the engine to die when revved up. The fault is almost as expensive as a new one to fix. I will look at alternative brands.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
george

georgeSydney, NSW

Sh*t

bought what i thought was a good blower, Brand new from Stihl Dealer took it home started it, used it for approx 10mins put it in the shed went to use it about 3 weeks later & it refused to start. Followed starting instructions as per the manual. It just refused to start. I have tried about 6 times since to start it, it kicks, idles for about 3 seconds then cuts out. Took it back to the dealer who said it was my fault that it wouldnt start,(typical) the dealer tried starting it & it refused to start. Bull shi*ted to me & Wanted to charge me to fix it biggest piece of sh*t i have bought, Threw it in the shed & went & bought a cheap Ryobi from Bunnings. that has not let me down.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
denis

denisPerth, WA

Good shop

Stihl Malaga sell good quality equipment and a reasonable price. I have been going there for 15 plus years and still have the products I bought then. I get lawnmower, whipper snipper and edger serviced at Stihl in Malaga. Good customer service. I will be going back again this week.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

mrpatto

mrpattoSydney

Excellent Blower

This is my first ever blower. Wish I had bought one years ago! So easy with this petrol blower. Easy to start. Very strong blow! Very lightweight and easy to carry around. Came with a free vacuum kit that is very handy in the garage! Very well built product. I’ve been using for s month now and I would say that my clean up time after mowing takes only 10 minutes when it used to take hours!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Drew t

Drew tQueensland

Love this machine starts well all the time i have a vacuum kit for it it works well it cost me $269 yet again i love this machine would recommend this product to any one i use it after a storm iot works well i use it almost every day

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Theos62

Theos62AU

At last no powercords. Powerful and easy to use.

Starts easily and powerful. Used to have a 240v unit and it was a pain to get the power-lead out and then put away. Also have a battery one but that is OK for a light clean. The Stihl BG 56 gets the job done and is quick and easy to use. It also came with a free vac kit, but probably wont the vac.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Nothing better

I bought my BG 56 C-E in 2011. It has been everything it was advertised to be. Starts easy, runs strong, blows hard and never needed anything but regular maintenance per the book.
Yesterday someone stole it. They must have heard how good it was and decided they deserved it more than me.
I will be going to my Stihl to get another one as soon as the police have had a chance to check the pawn shops.

Date PurchasedApr 2011
jasey88

jasey88Melbourne

Awesome Tool

I use it to clean the fallen bird seeds in my alfresco now instead of sweeping, makes it so much easier and its so powerful that it blows the pebbles as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Ply313

Ply313

Average at best

Used one for over a year in my lawn business.
Starts great from cold, rarely starts easily when hot and an absolute pig to start in very hot weather. Out of six or so different machines I use its the only one that gives me grief.
Power is ok once going but I want something I dont have to pull 5 times to start..

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Tony

Tony

Brilliant

The Stihl BG 56 is great for cleaning up around the carport,driveway and garden.Saves me a lot of time,easy starting and very efficient.My neighbour borrowed it one day and was thoroughly impressed by being lightweight and its efficiency,didn't take much convincing,to talk him into buying his own. He is a another happy customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Scott

ScottCentral West, NSW

Fantastic garden tool

The Stihl BG56 is a great tool for cleaning up around the garden and also the carport and shed. Its fast light wieght and starts easily. I would definitely recommend this product for people who want to make their lives easier without the need for long extension cords the need for a power point.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Papamike

PapamikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Blower

I have used many different blowers over a 7 year period while running a gardening and mowing business and this was the best.
I like the way it starts easily and feels good in the hand and blows powerfully and I've never had any trouble with it. I bought it on special and wished that I had bought one years ago.

It has a vacuum attachment but I've not used it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

great blower, tough as nails

Bought 3 BG56 for major garden 3 years ago,its 14 acres in size,these blowers get used 5 days a week for hours on end and pretty much get an absolute thrashing every time they are used ,havent had any dramas just normal servicing as required.
Any people who visit the garden ask me about them,so i tell them dont bother with any other brand,buy sthil.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Carlyasked

Hi, my husband wants a blower vac for xmas this brand. We dont have a big yard. He did say petrol but not sure we need ut nor want to.spend that much. Do u have any suggestions on which blower vac to buy and cost

GrillaBBQ

If you only have a small yard I would look at a rechargeable battery vac from Bunnings. They guarantee their products as well

Carly

Thank you for your honesty, my husband still likes ur brand. I think I will purchase the battery one from you. $179. Are your products guaranteed

Jase

Jaseasked

How much does one cost in store?

Lonnie

Lonnieasked

My bg56c blower is always great and reliable until last weekend I was blowing off me deck and some of the leaves on the yard and it started to bog down. Restarted and ran it for a few minutes and it bogged down again. Plenty of gas so I emptied the gas inside and replaced filter. Ran great for 2 minutes then same thing. Any suggestions?

Peeved

Probably the same issue I had. To do with the electrics and cost almost as much as a new blower to fix. Decarbonating the exhaust as one dealer suggested was useless

Get an answer from our members and Stihl representatives