Stihl BG 56

Stihl BG 56

Less than 12 months and on my third repair!

We purchased the Stihl on a deal we saw with the leaf Hoover at Sunshine Mowers in Moololaba, after a visit to my accountant. It worked fine for about 8 months and then the finger power controller got stuck on full power. I live at Peregian about a 40 minute drive back to the Sunshine Coast mowers. I drove down to drop it in for repair, the guy I saw fixed it on the spot! Great, I thought! The next time I used it, it lasted about 10 mins before the finger controller becoming jammed on full throttle again. I worked out how to start the Stihl by keeping the choke open whilst starting, so i ignored the issue. Eventually I was going to drive past SC mowers so I dropped it in for repair. 10 days later I received a call to say there was nothing wrong with the unit and to come and collect it. When I arrived I could see that the finger trigger was stuck on full power!!! GrrEEEEE another 80 mins of driving for nothing. The guy at the counter said he would repair on the spot, so I hung around for 30mins whilst he took it apart and repaired the unit. At home it worked fine on its first outing, today (2nd outing) the same problem reoccurred. I am over Sthil I thought I was buying a premium product backed by premium service. I was close to buying their electric lawn mower, but never, again. I now have another 2 x 80 minute drives to rerurn this peice of garbage and see if they can repair the Bl*^%y thing!

Purchased in May 2018.

Noise Level

6years of contracting use and still going strong

Bought this back in 2013 , never had an issue. I use it up to a couple of hours daily to finish off lawn mowing jobs and couldn’t be happier with it.
I wire brush the spark arrestor every few months to get rid of carbon build up and that’s it for maintenance
Was thinking about getting a new one soon and will definitely be going for a stihl

Purchased in February 2013 for $249.00.

Works well, starts easy

It's reasonably light and easy to use, provides plenty of blowing power that gets the job done, I use it for grass trimmings, leaves and also for our 20mm gravel driveway clean-up so it has enough power to blow the gravel back where it's supposed to be. The only thing that makes me wish I had bought the model up from this one is the anti vibration that this unit lacks, you don't really notice the vibration too much though (until you try the better model and you can barely tell its running from the feel of it).

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

So Far So Very Good

I Do Believe I Have Finally Bought a Blower that Will Keep The Wife Happy for a Decent Time Lets Hope So. After Two Bad Experiences with other Brands, It is Light weight Powerfull, quiet & Well Balanced Very Happy to this point with it, I should have bought a stihl in the first place

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Do Not Buy

That starter spring is extremely weak be prepared to spend $35.00 for repairs or learn how to replace the $2.00 starter spring on a regular basis, you must barely pull the starter or it will bend every time, just kicked mine to the curb. This unit is NOT Stihl quality.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Build fault

Have had two of these one to blow the leaves and the others to vacuum and mulch. Works okay but both have developed fault that causes the engine to die when revved up. The fault is almost as expensive as a new one to fix. I will look at alternative brands.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Sh*t

bought what i thought was a good blower, Brand new from Stihl Dealer took it home started it, used it for approx 10mins put it in the shed went to use it about 3 weeks later & it refused to start. Followed starting instructions as per the manual. It just refused to start. I have tried about 6 times since to start it, it kicks, idles for about 3 seconds then cuts out. Took it back to the dealer who said it was my fault that it wouldnt start,(typical) the dealer tried starting it & it refused to start. Bull shi*ted to me & Wanted to charge me to fix it biggest piece of sh*t i have bought, Threw it in the shed & went & bought a cheap Ryobi from Bunnings. that has not let me down.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good shop

Stihl Malaga sell good quality equipment and a reasonable price. I have been going there for 15 plus years and still have the products I bought then. I get lawnmower, whipper snipper and edger serviced at Stihl in Malaga. Good customer service. I will be going back again this week.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent Blower

This is my first ever blower. Wish I had bought one years ago! So easy with this petrol blower. Easy to start. Very strong blow! Very lightweight and easy to carry around. Came with a free vacuum kit that is very handy in the garage! Very well built product. I’ve been using for s month now and I would say that my clean up time after mowing takes only 10 minutes when it used to take hours!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love this machine starts well all the time i have a vacuum kit for it it works well it cost me $269 yet again i love this machine would recommend this product to any one i use it after a storm iot works well i use it almost every day

Date PurchasedOct 2014

At last no powercords. Powerful and easy to use.

Starts easily and powerful. Used to have a 240v unit and it was a pain to get the power-lead out and then put away. Also have a battery one but that is OK for a light clean. The Stihl BG 56 gets the job done and is quick and easy to use. It also came with a free vac kit, but probably wont the vac.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Nothing better

I bought my BG 56 C-E in 2011. It has been everything it was advertised to be. Starts easy, runs strong, blows hard and never needed anything but regular maintenance per the book.
Yesterday someone stole it. They must have heard how good it was and decided they deserved it more than me.
I will be going to my Stihl to get another one as soon as the police have had a chance to check the pawn shops.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Awesome Tool

I use it to clean the fallen bird seeds in my alfresco now instead of sweeping, makes it so much easier and its so powerful that it blows the pebbles as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Average at best

Used one for over a year in my lawn business.
Starts great from cold, rarely starts easily when hot and an absolute pig to start in very hot weather. Out of six or so different machines I use its the only one that gives me grief.
Power is ok once going but I want something I dont have to pull 5 times to start..

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Brilliant

The Stihl BG 56 is great for cleaning up around the carport,driveway and garden.Saves me a lot of time,easy starting and very efficient.My neighbour borrowed it one day and was thoroughly impressed by being lightweight and its efficiency,didn't take much convincing,to talk him into buying his own. He is a another happy customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Fantastic garden tool

The Stihl BG56 is a great tool for cleaning up around the garden and also the carport and shed. Its fast light wieght and starts easily. I would definitely recommend this product for people who want to make their lives easier without the need for long extension cords the need for a power point.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great Blower

I have used many different blowers over a 7 year period while running a gardening and mowing business and this was the best.
I like the way it starts easily and feels good in the hand and blows powerfully and I've never had any trouble with it. I bought it on special and wished that I had bought one years ago.

It has a vacuum attachment but I've not used it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

great blower, tough as nails

Bought 3 BG56 for major garden 3 years ago,its 14 acres in size,these blowers get used 5 days a week for hours on end and pretty much get an absolute thrashing every time they are used ,havent had any dramas just normal servicing as required.
Any people who visit the garden ask me about them,so i tell them dont bother with any other brand,buy sthil.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Amazing!!!

Well, after going through a bit of pain with a used BG65 I recently bought, I took it to my mower shop where they said it would cost more to fix (as the carby was all stuffed as well as a bunch of other things) than it would to buy a new one. So I took it back to the place I got it from, went back to the mower shop and bought a brand-new BG56. As they have their spring sale on currently, I got a free vac kit with it (though I probably won't use it much) so that was an added bonus. I bought it last Saturday (19/11/16) and used it on my first job that day as well. I must say I was very surprised as to how powerful it is! Now as a young teenager (15) with a gardening business this blower suits me perfectly. It is light, powerful, quiet (though I still wear hearing protection) and quite low-pitched compared to the other blowers I have. I am still getting used to the automatic choke function, which is new to me, but it is still quite easy to use. This is the second Stihl tool I have bought and as with my FS38, it really does live up to it's name.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Not as good as they say they are

I must admit u use it every day but after about 3 years of faultless use its just let go today. Running WOT and then bang....clunk, clunk , clunk. I think the piston broke or something. Engine wont even turn over now. Problem is Stihl wont even consider a warrany claim unless its within the 2 years from purchase and you can prove you have used Stihl oil at 50:1.
So i went out and bought an Echo. Same price with an unlimited 5 year warrany with any oil, no questions.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

How much does one cost in store?

My bg56c blower is always great and reliable until last weekend I was blowing off me deck and some of the leaves on the yard and it started to bog down. Restarted and ran it for a few minutes and it bogged down again. Plenty of gas so I emptied the gas inside and replaced filter. Ran great for 2 minutes then same thing. Any suggestions?
Probably the same issue I had. To do with the electrics and cost almost as much as a new blower to fix. Decarbonating the exhaust as one dealer suggested was useless

I recently purchased the shredding blade for the BG56 blower vac , but the nut where it supposed to go is impossible to undo . Am I doing something wrong ? The unit itself is excellent but I really want to try the vac on the unit
Hi,i would contact your Stihl dealer but my guess would be that it is a left hand thread.Hi, it could be a reverse thread on the nut. Try doing it the opposite way you normally do. That is try doing it up to take it off.Hi , thanx for your help , will give that a go and let yous know how I go . Much appreciated

BG 56