5Ego Elucent

Smell

Irene
IreneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Great serum

The serum (from the red range, not the blue one) is something I've been constantly buying for five years, it helps with pimples, dull skin, exfoliation, instantly gives a better complexion, and probably helps with fine lines, however I use it mainly in winter or when I have breakouts as my skin is quite sensitive to the sun even without constant AHA application.
I've aslo tried the face cleanser, which was OK but didn't wash away much, to be honest, and a body lotion. Once I applied this lotion on my neck and instantly got pimples there. I had never got this issue with any other cream or lotion and never had neck pimples either. But it's still a great moisturizer for the body.
Hannah
HannahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

CandyFairy
CandyFairyDarling Downs, QLD30 posts

Brilliant!

You really need to watch the video review below to get a good sense on how to get the best from this product range.

I am in my late 30's and have gradually introduced these products into my skincare routine as these products contain highly exfoliating AHA's which can be harsh if used too much too quickly. However if you start slow and watch how your skin reacts and slow it down where need be, these products can be really beneficial in anti-ageing and reducing fine lines and dull looking skin.

Tip - Reduce your sun exposure as much as possible and lather up on your SPF when using these products to help reduce the risk of irritating the skin. Show details

Katie
KatieSydney, NSW

Did not clean well at all

Used this product for a few months and progressively saw my skin develop acne, much worse than I’ve ever experienced. My skin had been quite clear for a few years prior to the use of this product. But now each pimple that has arisen has stayed for roughly 3 weeks if not longer and will not disappear. Has completely changed the nature of my skin in a bad way. Would not recommend.

The product had 0 effect in terms of anti-aging. Show details

Ease of Application
Smell
Melanie G
Melanie GIllawarra, NSW14 posts

My skin has never been better

I have extremely sensitive skin and have been using this for over 3 years. Fantastic product, my skin is vibrant and silky smooth. Just wish more places stocked it. When you first start using it, your skin will sting a little for the first few weeks getting used to the AHA's but totally worth persevering with. Show details
Katie
KatiePerth, WA3 posts

Greg L
Greg LSydney26 posts

This great for my skin

I have used alpha-hydroxy acids on my face for 20 years or more... always Neostrata brand. My skin is toned and clear and wrinkle-free and in very condition for my age ( assisted by good genes,diet and exercise). My Skin Specialist told me about Elucent. I use the 12% body moisturiser on my face 3 times a week after shaving. A slight tingle is all I feel. It's good value for money and made in Australia.

Lisa
LisaSydney2 posts

Waste of money

My face got rashes after using the elucent anti aging gentle cleanser and it was very itchy i had to take claratyne. Will never buy this product again. Its really a waste of money as its quite expensive.

Bearsmum
BearsmumSydney2 posts

Surprise result

Was having laser treatment for actinic keratoses and dermatologist policy was to treat my skin with 16% AHA serum for 10days prior! Excellent results and I started using it regularly plus their other products. Inexpensive, effective, what more do you need?

Stokoe1985
Stokoe1985Central Queensland, QLD3 posts

Ended up with red red angry looking skin

Just bought this product today and it was not cheap. I put it on one side of my face to see the difference and next thing I saw was red angry looking skin under my eye. I am really scared it looks like I have burned my skin.

Kate Baker
Kate Baker6 posts

Horrible I got a rash and burns

Do not get this product the might cream will burn under your eyes like nothing else just use a cetaphil will not purchase again. I think you should not waste ur money it’s not worth it.

Jane T
Jane TEast Maitland

Love, love love it! They last 6 months!

I have tried so many skin care ranges and none deliver as promised. I use the anti ageing cleanser, anti ageing eye cream, day moisturiser (SPF 50+ people!), night moisturiser and anti ageing serum and find the mix of AHA's, and vitamins B3, E, C and provitamin B5 works wonders. I can't see another product out there with this range of ingredients, that the experts tell us are what we need to look for, at this price. I purchased these as a Christmas present for myself last December and they are only just now running out. I bought a new lot for Mother's Day and fully expect them to last another 6 months. That is amazing!

Nat
Nat

Chris
Chris3 posts

Bernadette
Bernadette

Not that great

As a paying customer the products was not cheap as a anti wrinkle cream i expected better . I will be trying another product and do more research into so called anti aging creams

Terri P.
Terri P.

I am 55, looking for a great cruelty free affordable anti ageing product, but nervous about it hurting my skin from the reviews?

Helen H.

Should you use the Serum in the morning, night or both. It doesn't say on instructions.

Melanie G

I personally just use at night but not every night.

Lynnie
Lynnie

I have used the night cream twice and I appear to have red and hotness on my neck. Is this normal? And will it diminish? Should I stop using for a few days? And advise would be helpful.

Melanie G

Yes, it’s very strong and takes a while for skin to get used to. My skin initially stung when I first started using it but worth it as my skin has never looked better.