MPN: LM2001E

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

good warranty service and good for my small grassed area

had the mower for just under 3 years now. perfect for my small lawn area - I only use half the battery life and the mulching system is great. I agree with others that it's a bit hard to get into some tight areas but not much different from my old petrol mower. As to customer service.. the battery wasn't charging properly after 2 years and 10 months. I took it back to the supplier who agreed it was faulty. Four days later a new battery delivered my door.

Purchased in August 2016 for $550.00.

Battery Life

Good not Great with More Cons than Pros

This lawn mower was given to me as a thank you present for helping out on a project. I also own a solidly built 40 year old Victa 2 Stroke that still starts on the first pull and has more power. This model is rated the best electric mower because it’s competition are really poor under powered units appropriate for properties with small areas of lawn.

A fair attempt to save the planet but it falls well short of the mark compared to conventional lawn mowers at a similar price.

The Pros
1. Starts Easy.
2. Less Noisy.

The Cons
1. Battery life of about 40 minutes.
2. Engine can stall on long or dense variety of grasses.
3. Two side safety clamps that need to be in place for the motor to operate comes loose with vibration causing the motor to stop.
4. Less torque power compared to a conventional mower.
5. Expensive
6. Not ergonomically comfortable.

Purchased in September 2017.

Battery Life
Product is used: Occasionally

Plastic rubbish pretending to be a lawn mower

Utter rubbish. The issue here is it simply doesn't cut grass. Isn't that what it's meant to do? Flimsy flexible chassis just doesn't go low enough. The motor makes enough noise, but the reality is it's weak. The speed control for the power drive is really just dead slow or way too fast. This is genuine plastic nonsense of the highest order and absolutely NOT the future. Massively overpriced. Don't waste your money.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,000.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Great for buffalo, terrible for couch grass.

I've had this mower for over a year now, mostly mowing my patch of baffle grass, in a hard to get to place where I need to carry the mower down stairs. The mower is nice and light to carry, can be towed like a sack truck, and folds up compact in the shed. It's also quiet to run and is well constructed.
Recently I laid down some Santa Anna couch grass. And this mower is absolutely rubbish at cutting it, the lawn is too thick for it. It keeps getting stuck even when going over the same patch at the same height setting. I end up getting blade crescent patterns all over the place as it doesn't have enough torque.
In summary avoid this isn you got couch grass, its fine for everything else.

Purchased in December 2017 at Stanford Mowers.

Product is used: Weekly

Look elsewhere, waste of money

1) Only fills 1/4 of the catcher before spewing grass everywhere and needs emptying.
2) Inside blade area clogs with grass clippings and requires constant cleaning out. Even during small mows.
2a) Takes longer to remove caked on grass around blades dome then wash out than it does to mow lawns itself.
3) Poor edge cutting
4) heavy to push and bulky compared to other equivalents.

Since buying this “top of the line” battery mower that has won many design awards I have hated mowing my lawns ever since.
I used to very much enjoy cutting my lawns but since buying the 56v ego lawn mower I loath the job.
The mower is shocking, the grass doesn’t even make it through to the catcher without clogging the grass catcher port where the grass is meant to pass into the catcher. This results in it needing to be emptied after doing about 10 square meters. I only have a small lawn and have to empty it 4 times.
Due to the above issue it throws grass clipping all over the place when you turn around on any area of a side curb, foot path, patio thus requiring it to be sweeped and washed/ hoses down.
The chamber that the blades rotate gets completely clogged full of grass, so after I get through the job I have to turn the mower onto it’s side and pull 4-5 hand fulls of grass clipping out and hose the inside out so it doesn’t dry like concrete inside.
It’s also very heavy to use and push, hard to manoeuvre at tight angles and corner and it rubbish edge cutting.

All of this makes it damn near impossible to keep our patios around the grass area clean without grass clipping being spewed across it and grass stains on the tiles, extremely hard to keep clean and well manicured lawns when afterwards you have to unclog the grass cutting chamber and catcher port of clumps of caked up clippings especially after having to hose it all out on the fresh cut lawn.
Very regrettable purchase.
I have mowed lawns since I was 10, used a lot of mowers and this has to be the absolute worst by a very long way

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Lawn Mowing Made EASY.

Very easy to use, makes hard'n tiring job very easy and enjoyable. Will never go back to petrol one.. One problem thou, NEVER cut wet grass with it. Sticks to bottom of the mower, and chokes, you have to scoop the cuttings out by hand.Even after 2 years, battery still strong. Would recommend to any...

Date PurchasedAug 2016

This brand leaves much to be desired

Cheap, hardened plastics, longevity issues, grass clippings and water getting into places that shouldn't. There are better brands out there with greater access to service and parts and less reliant on a relatively unknown brand in Australia. The quality of grass cutting is OK, but the mower has difficulty when cutting longer and thicker grass varieties.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Money well spent !!! $$!

I was a bit sceptical whilst doing a research on these, until I went to the store to have a look and the salesman said : Don’t be nervous, more and more people are replacing petrol / changing to battery mowers every day :)
I could see why after the first run ! It costs a fair chunk of money, but then again, quality petrol ones cost exactly the same (and more) .
All it takes is around 40 minutes for full charge, and this mower will give you a proper power run for the next hour or so ! Just bare in mind that the battery’s capacity will drop in time, but you can always replace it . There’s also a 5 year warranty on it, as well as other mower parts .
Easy to maintain & clean, does a great job .
Highly recommend !!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great battery life and power

Using EGO lawnmower for 2 years now and still it has a very good battery life.
Powerful enough to cut my front and back yards (approx 150 sqm) and very easy to use and maintain it.
If you are looking for electric mower, I highly recommend this product. It takes around 3 -4 hours to recharge the battery I reckon.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Not So Great Product

My very long term petrol mower died a couple of months ago so I researched battery mowers as my sore shoulder is not getting any better and having to pull the cord on a petrol mower wasn't helping any. I would like to love my new EGO LM2000E mower but I don't. I have nicknamed this mower "fussy [word removed]". I have thick couch grass, very green at the moment as we have had quite a bit of rain in Brisbane Australia. The only way I could cut my grass was on height 4 otherwise the mower would not start at all. This just took the top off so then I had to go over it again on height 3. The mower would not even start until I found a patch of low crappy grass to start it on. While my footpath is wide and flat my yard has a bit of a slope so I had to trick the mower into starting by finding a spot where it would start and mow up and down and then turn the mower to go across the face. No mower likes wet grass. This mower doesn't even like slightly damp grass. It will leave it all over the lawn even if the catcher only has a small amount of grass in it. You will need to either go over the lawn again with the mower to pick it up or rake it up by hand. Having to go over each section of the lawn three times, once on 4, once on 3 and again to pick up the grass is not only exhausting it makes me think this mower is not Fit For Purpose. I would also like to mention I do not have a big yard but the battery, even though fully charged at the beginning of mowing, seems to need to be recharged halfway through otherwise the mower won't start. I also find it an extra chore to have to turn the mower on its side and clean with an old cloth the grass that collects quite thickly under the deck. I have also found this is much easier to do directly after mowing as it comes off more easily than if you let it dry out. The only things I like about this mower are that I don't find it any heavier than my petrol mower, it is no harder to maneuver, it is quiet and of course no spark plugs, petrol or fumes to deal with. Lithium batteries however are very dangerous to your health if damaged so you wouldn't want to drop or damage it in any way. I also like the safety key idea, especially if children are around. I am now waiting until my grass well and truly dries out so that I can have another play with my new toy and hope that I don't have to ring the store for a refund. I do hope it improves as I really do not want to go back to a petrol mower. So far I am rather disappointed as it looks like I will need to mow my yard a lot more often as I don't see how I will ever be able to mow on height 2.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Product

The EGO brand is a great product. We are happy with our purchase. These new battery mowers are perfect. It is easy to use and battery strength does last enough to finish mowing my grass. It was a bit dear in cost but overall am very glad with our purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Powerful mower this is a beast!

Best purchase ever. Enough said. I love how this is battery operated so there is no messy electric cords to wind. The battery lasts for about an hour which allows me to mow the front and back lawn (my land size is 600sqm). It is powerful enough to cut long grass and light enough to push without exerting too much effort. I also love the grass clipping collection basket attached to this mower, it is very effective leaving the lan nice and neat. It sits in my garage folded, taking up hardly any space at all. Honestly recommend it to anyone and everyone. All my mates purchased one and they love it too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Better than petrol

This mower is great. There is enough power and it can mow my small yard just fine. Only thing that can improve is if the battery has a percentage indicator instead of just a red yellow green light indicator, but thats a small thing. Purchased this on the cheap when masters was closing down.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great love it!

Love this mower it is great we sometimes leave our grass for a while and it has no trouble cutting longer length lawns. It is really easy to use and push and around and of course not having too deal with petrol makes it easier to use also! Our lawn isn't big so we can always get it done without having to recharge it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love this mower

I bought this EGO as I couldn't start a petrol mower after an injury. It has lived up to every expectation. I have used it on mulch setting so that I didn't have to empty the catcher. It works great, the cut is clean and leaves a very professional look. Better still, theres no petrol smell, no pulling a cord to start it and no emptying the bag. It has given no trouble and starts first go every time. Almost nothing on the downside. However, if you have a lot of leaves on your lawn as with any mower you will need to rake roughly to ensure a better look, before mowing. Also the prevision of a second key would be a good idea. Otherwise a top mower with plenty of power and long battery life.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Very good lawnmower

Bought this a few months ago and every pleased with it. Easy to use, the battery lasts long enough that I can mow both the front and back yard. The mower itself is easy to start and use, with settings to allow various heights for your grass. The battery pack is also super easy to charge (no more pulling cords to start the mower!). Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

A BRILLIANT MACHINE AFTER A FULL SEASON OF USE - No complaints - LM 2001E

I reviewed all options when looking to replace my old Victa clanger, 17 years old. On researching, I liked the idea of a battery mower with minimal or no servicing and no petrol fumes in the garage....eventually I expected that I would end up with the much lighter 16inch 20 kg Husqvana mover that was $150 dearer (it also had positive reviews on ProductReview web site and I had a couple of comms with "Bill" about it) We do not have a large area, 20 mins usually sees me out and we have Sir Walter which I note has caused some angst with some. We also have a steep hill out front which I cut east to west across the face and the Victa was always heavy to pull backwards across this area. The good news was that in talking to TradeTools Capalaba they said they could get a DEMO in to try.... FANTASTIC try before you buy (cant understand why they do not advertise this aspect) which I did. I had a weeks normal (Brisbane summer) growth on my lawn and the mower supplied (about 4 years old) handled it quite easily. I was of the mind that I would find this model too heavy ( checked the weights of my existing Victa and the EGO was about 3kg lighter)) but I was pleasantly surprised. I think the large rear wheels and the longer profile of the mower, combined with the ability to have 2 handle height settings, makes the machine very manoeuvrable. If this machine continues in a similar vein then I will be very satisfied with this purchase.

A couple of negatives :
The key mechanism is a bit of a pain. You have to depress the key and hold before engaging the on/off handle every time you stop the mower and take your hand off the handle. On the demo the key was actually missing and I had to go an get another from TradeTools it had pulled off the flimsy string that had been tied around the handle, so this alerted me to a potential issue and I have used a couple of zip ties to ensure that it does not get pulled off.

I noticed one of the handle locks constantly got unlocked when brushing past plants. The handle has to be fully extended to operate. It did not cause me an issue in any way but I did read somewhere that if the plastic locks deteriorate then the handle mechanism needs to be replaced in total.. but that was the Ryobi on further investigation, the handle clips are a replacement item EGO advise me and that is good to know.

The flimsy green plastic battery cover is not all that robust. I push up under a hedge and one of the low hanging branches dinged it fairly heavily. It did no damage but did highlight the fact that it could have had i pushed harder.

For my Sir Walter 2.5 would be a great setting instead of 2 or 3....out of only 5 settings.

I will update again at the end of summer when a variety of tough conditions will have been encountered.

Any questions give me a mail.

UPDATE : FEBRUARY the summer rains finally arrived and i cut my week long Sir Walter on level 2 and it handled it ok. I was actually surprised as the cutting bag also filled to 98% but i did realize that despite rain stopping (we had almost 10 inches) up to the night prior, we are on a hill and drains quickly, so in fact our grass was moist not as wet as you would expect. I would not let Sir Walter go any longer than a week altho u could easily cut on no 3 as well.

UPDATE : JUNE 2018 - the growing season has finished and the EGO handled my Sir Walter in every condition presented to it. More than happy. I have not tried the mulching adaptor as it just has not been necessary. My VERY old Stihl line trimmer finally died and I did not hesitate to buy the EGO that uses the same battery. It is brilliant and is covered under a separate review.

Russell - Brisbane

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Why would I buy petrol again?

This mower cuts great, no issues in higher grass if have not been cut in a while. The battery life is really good so far, able to cut the grass on my entire property with plenty power to spare. No range anxiety to worry about here and it is super low maintenance

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Nothing wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with it. It mulches well. It is light to push and compact when it folds up. Sometimes I can get 40 min mow time out of it if the grass is dry and not too long. Withy the rapid charger I can do some other things for 30 min, come back, and then it is ready to go again!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

I love this mower

So glad I made the change to a battery mower. Cuts great, battery lasts several mows for a small yard. Certainly wouldn't want a smaller battery though. Struggles a little through my very thick front lawn but powers through in the end. The convenience of a battery mower for a female severely outweighs the petrol mower by far!!

Date PurchasedJul 2016