eHarmony

eHarmony Questions & Answers

24 questions from our users

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerasked

I was sucked into a 2 year contract and paying monthly. I emailed them back about the subscription to cancel within 30 minutes of subscribing. They responded and denied the request and told me to refer to the Ts and Cs, which clearly states a 3 day refund. I emailed them back to only receive the same "bot like" email. Now they don't reply to my emails anymore. I have contacted PayPal about the issue and they are unable to cancel the recurring payments. However, I am wanting to cancel and request a new bank card from my bank so they can't take anymore money, has anyone done this before and has it caused any issues with eHarmony or the bank?

Would love to hear back or other possible solutions!

foxyleese23
foxyleese23

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing today.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.

same this happened to me too

Jodie c

Jodie casked

Why can't I c my messages even though I have spent over $200 on this site for the first time ???

Taylorasked

If you signed up to the contract can they take it further if you don't pay?

Hannah
Hannah

Hi,

I’m not sure. I would assume they will just keep trying to take it out of your bank account until the full amount is paid.
I have previously signed up and deleted my account within 30 minutes and they refused to refund me even though there policy states that they would.
I would honestly just avoid unless you can get a free trial

Taylor

I got sucked into the 2 year contract but I cancelled my debit card so they would stop taking money out but I told them to turn off the auto renewal subscription just wondering if they would take it further if I didnt pay

Philip L.
Philip L.

Taylor contact consumer affairs an make a formal complaint and seek advice

Lilly Pillyasked

I noticed on my bank statement that a year's subscription has been taken & I haven't been on EHarmony for 3 months. Please remind me the steps to cancel (I'm sure I did this, I've never purchased a year's subscription previously why should they take this as a given anyway) :(

Shane

Denise, it sounds like they got you the same way they got me and many others. They are crooks! To stop any further dodgy charges, you need to log in to your profile and check your subscription status. By default, whether you like it or not, they put everyone on automatic renewal. So you need to cancel this. You can then contact them and complain and demand a refund, but it seems they just don't care at all for their customers or their reputation. Good luck.

Lilly Pilly

Thank you for responding, I feel as if they have stolen from me, I'll endeavour to 'go in & try to change my subscription staus AGAIN :(

Shane

Under Australian Consumer Law, businesses must not engage in deceptive or unconscionable conduct, when dealing with their customers. I believe eharmony's conduct is indeed both deceptive and unconscionable and have made a formal report to the ACCC. I encourage others to as well. Then maybe these crooks would be forced to change their ways. Below is where an online report can be made. eharmony's ABN is 35 143 539 655.

AJW

AJWasked

Anyone know what description is shown on your bank statement?

Tula T.
Tula T.

e-harmony

Hellsasked

If you stop your PayPal payments to Eharmony can they take it further if you agreed to a contract?

Terence W.
Terence W.

NO. The " so called contract " just more tripe. THEY ! State you can stop authorised payments at any time, ( in the lol " contract " ) IF YOU DONT, then ! the auto goes into effect. Had people contacted their banks and had halted the auto payment after the first initial payment there would be no auto. IE; Hi bank, I'd like to stop auto payments from - - - from MY account please, YOUR BANK CAN'T SAY NO, your not the boss of me, I'll let them do whatever till YOU sort it out. YOUR BANK CONTROLS YOUR ACCOUNT NOT E F ING HARMONY( sorry ) lol. They say OK mr/miss i'll do that now for you, mmm, DONE, that will take effect shortly, etc etc. Hope that helps

Thanks for your answer lol, I just realised it is my MasterCard Account

Amelia P.
Amelia P.

I cancelled my card I used and reordered a new one.

lynasked

Does anyone have suggestions which counter the quality advertising eharmony does?

john
john

There should be a governing body but in reality the tv just wants the money, they don't care what the add is

Maggie

Maggieasked

Why am I sent matches outside the max mileage I originally set?

janets

janetsasked

it says that my account is closed

lyn

It means eHarmony has closed your account ... probably due to a transgression on your part.
Did you send someone your email address for example in your first exchange of emails?

Cheated
Cheated

No, I did not give anyone any information whatsoever. I did not answer any questions either.
Why would I give anyone my email address when I have paid money to communicate on their network?
What did happen, was, one of eHarmony ladies wrote to me that they had a friend who was interested in me and said to do a couple of things that were all within the eHarmony system.
I looked at the email she sent and deleted it.
A couple of days later I received an email from eHarmony saying that, this lady had broken their T & C and was taken out of their system.
The following day, I was struck off their system.
When I asked eHarmony, what I had done wrong? They did not offer me any reason, but stated their T & C.
This was the first dating site I had joined and it did not last more than a couple of weeks and I did not contact a single person.
It was a lesson well learnt.
Do not trust dating sites.
They confiscated a whole year's payment for what?
How many people out there have they done this to and put easy money into their pockets?
If I did something wrong, at least let me know so that I can learn???
Otherwise, it is daylight robbery and they are allowed to steal???

lyn

Did you go to Consumer Affairs? You should get your money back. It doesn't cost a lot to lodge an action with Consumer Affairs against eHarmony for a full refund.

Dolph

Dolphasked

Signed up & within 2 days following money being deducted from my account, unable to access site, requested refund as did read the T & C's, 'cooling off period' 3 days, to date, have sent 3 e-mails on the site with no reply & no refund & still unable to access the site!!! Anyone else had a similar experience???

Nathan
Nathan

I also had emails that went unanswered. Just keep chasing them up and if they refuse to reply, ask your credit card company to reverse the charges. In my experience, Eharmony are terrible at customer service and do not always adhere to their own terms and conditions.

marcia
marcia

Phone:1800 623 801

Email: Click Here

Chat: Click Here
Did you try to talk to them on the phone?
also there is a chat service....( I had use and is ok)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you paid by Pay Pal you may ask for a refund for not delivering the service .
also advise you to stop all future automatc deductions payments .There is a section in Pay Pal where you can do yourself the cancellation.
if is the Bank you must call your Bank.
Because you are on the 3 days refund deal...keep your dated email to argue your case to them and be able to get money refunded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to get out...There too many scammers in e-Harmony...and every time I chat with a contact they remove it the following day for "security reason"
no real apologizes or explanation..total ..control!! you are for them just a money making object..I cannot get out till Sep.. and this is the 4th contact they have removed.and I just join 3 weeks ago...of course I have not met NO ONE.. Is all a joke!!!

brian

In my opinion - my sweat on a hot summers day is better than eharmony

Tan

Tanasked

How much does it cost to join?

CGriffin
CGriffin

$22 a month on a 50% discount and they hold your credit card number ... They charge for a year over three payments and you cqnt get a refund . Read the small print .:totally fraud accounts, all removed after first contact! !

brian

Way more than it's worth in my opinion

Becca

Beccaasked

Ive cancelled my account and removed my pictures. I can't seem to get my profile down ...its still on there. How do I get them to remove me and stop emailing?

shootingstar

Contact customer service, i had the same problem. I had to contact them 3 or 4 times before i got any response.
I added them to my blocked sender list or mark email as spam.
If you paid with credit card check your statements to make sure they havent over charged you.

Jacstar

Becca - I changed my profile to a ridiculous photo I found of a man in a leotard - stated I was 102 and made the description unuseable. This stopped them from using my profile.

R A
R A

Monique

Moniqueasked

has anyone had success with eharmony in finding a successful partner?

Elise
Elise

Yes!! I meet my partner on eharmony 3 years ago. I signed up on a free communication weekend and he had been paying for it. We are now married and expecting our first child. I was incredibly skeptical and never thought a dating site would actually work. I'm an incredibly shy person and nearly chickened out of the whole thing when his profile showed up. I couldn't see what he looked like because I wasn't paying for it. But I knew he was a real person and had a lot of potential at that threw our conversations.

Good luck!

Jacstar

I met a guy who was trying to find a wife to stay in the country - lame

Lozzaasked

Why haven't promised refunds been processed, who is their email customer care bouncing back?
Why is this site allowed to even operate???

Lozza

I did not post this on October 4 2016.
My account with harmony was closed by them in May 2016 but they debited me $180 in May and then again $180 in November 2016, after closing my account! I ask you, don't go near harmony.... I did obtain a $180 refund after refusing to hang up and telling them it was theft! And I would be reporting them.
They closed my account as I was contacted by scammers three times....

Lozza

They are even using pics without my permission ...

Yeah good question
Everything seemsto be a business nowdays and if they pay their taxes the government doesn't seem to care

misspeta

misspetaasked

Has anyone successfully received a refund from eHarmony after purchasing a subscription? I am stunned at how bad the site is - what an absolute scam. Thanks for any advice.

SoloWing
SoloWing

No, I have requested refunds from them on numerous occasions and their replies was always as per their customer policy, they do not offer any refunds under any circumstances. My advice to you would be to close down your eHarmony account and to contact your bank to stop/block any ongoing subscription transactions.

Rel
Rel

I got the remaining two payments of my contract waived. I contacted them on three occasions and they wouldn't come to the party. I wrote a review on this site and sent a copy to eharmony saying my next step was the ACCC, A Current Affair and as many other review forums I could find - plus social media. It worked!! As a "one off exception to their usual terms" they waived my next two payments. This happened yesterday.

Sii
Sii

How could I also get the ACCC involved? They charged me another $67.80 after I had phoned and called them last year to cancel my subscription. I am beyond disappointed by their service.

R Charles

R Charlesasked

Does anyone have a phone number to contact EHarmony Australia as I can not find one what a scam I have had the same 2 matches over 3 weeks, nothing moves.
Robert

sez

here it is... Our team is available Monday to Friday between 7am and 8pm AEST and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm AEST.

Phone:1800 623 801

thegoose
thegoose

Good luck calling them! I tried and it was constantly engaged. How can a 1800 number be engaged? What a scam.

Angela

Agree...matches that don't even look at your profile...a bit suss really.

Sally

Sallyasked

Do you have to Sign up with e harmony to receive emails from them or can they just send random email address emails?

Troy
Troy

anyone can send emails to your email address though if you have never given your email addresses to them it maybe another scammer - though the dodgy stuff eharm does it could be they bought your contact details from somewhere

Skippy

Skippyasked

Has anyone else noticed on e-harmony the same photo used with different names and profiles attached?

Dan
Dan

Yes I have seen that from time to time

sez

yes and i reported it. they disappeared for a while and then i was matched with them again. absolute bullsht.

Angela

yes..two profiles, same guy outside Sydney Opera House, just different photo angles and also spotted two identical profiles just different faces. I really am dubious as to the men on there I do not believe the majority are paid up members.

dupedasked

How can I unsubscibe to the emails. Can't seem to find the link.

Blondie-ness
Blondie-ness

Maybe block them in your email provider settings rather than look for an 'unsubscribe' from them. I'm sure they have something on the bottom of their emails but, just in case; blocking them using your email settings is probably easier and 100% effective.

duped

Lucky I had the emails sent to an email address I rarely use. They don't have an unsubscribe link. Still getting emails years later

Miss Helpful
Miss Helpful

From memory you go to match settings under accounts which is above log off. Be careful not to touch any icon or other button or you might be auto renewed. If you go to the full website, don't log in just look for the contact number and ring them. Good luck.

Ross a Smith

Ross a Smithasked

I finally received an invitation to join their site and that I cud use my email no---I wont be joining. The other comment I wud like to make is that the site has been busy emailing that my original report was terrible------I ask any reasonable person to read it and tell me if it is terrible. This is just another example if this low life web site carrying out its business practices to con people into staying or joining there site----no wonder they can afford an expensive TV campaign to further spread their proper gander and lies

duped

Surprised anyone answered. Thought it was all automated responses

Other Online Dating Sites