Elna 792D

Elna 792D

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Elna? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Would not recommend

Lower and upper looper threads break constantly and it is so hard to rethread especially the lower thread looper. No better after getting serviced. Also hard to get good thread tension. Very disappointing

Purchased at Spotlight for $500.00.

Elida LuciaSydney, NSW

This overlocker is perfect!

I love my elina792 D!
The sewing machine was on sale at the spothligh store, so I decided to buy it because I could afford it.

But before I went to the store, I decided to look at the reviews.
I saw terrible reviews about the Elina 792D.
I confess that I was indecisive, but I decided to buy.
When I went to pay for the product, the saleswoman told me that the store would not accept returns. I bought it anyway!
I read the manual, understood how to thread the overlocker.
I have had the machine for a year now and it has never given me a problem.
The stitches are amazing. Very happy with the Elina 792D - Elna.
I liked the overlocker so much that I made a video about the name of the parts.

Julie
JulieCentral Queensland, QLD

I Love My Elna Overlocker

I really can’t complain about mine, it does take time to thread but hey once it is done it is all honky dory, let’s get that sewing done. I clean mine after I have finished with a can of air to get all the little bits out and ready for the next time.

Purchased at Spotlight.

Vicki
VickiMid North Coast, NSW

The Most Expensive Paperweight I've Ever Bought!

Purchased in July 2020 at Spotlight for $300.00.

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

absolute crap machine

had previous overlocker for 25 years - bought elna 792d 3 weeks ago and it is SO badly designed it takes 30 minutes to thread it - you need a special hook that they don't provide, although it's mentioned in the instructions and was not sold by the retailer. It can be threaded without it but it's way too hard without a microscope and then the thread breaks - my old machine was soooo much easier and I had thought the technology would have improved since then - DO NOT THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY ON THIS MACHINE

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love love love my Elna's (yes plural )

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Needles

Hi iam new to the overlocker for me it's ok. But I keep breaking needles now having a hard time finding the recommended needles went to spotlight and no luck. Anyone recommend where I can get the correct needles. I have looked on line but very confusing for me. Anyone?????

Date PurchasedDec 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Bezzamumma
BezzamummaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Difficult to thread

Lower thread regularly breaks and really diffucult to thread. Very hard to reach...very frustrating. Tension spools don't hold tension very well. I spent ages trying to figure out what was wrong but finally worked out there was no tension despite correct treading. Apparently you have to jiggle thread a certain way. Brand names hold no value anymore. Can't recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Maz
MazMelbourne

Never recommend this product

I bought my overlocker from spotlight about four years ago. Ive had mostly a good experience until i tried to replace my needle plate. Spotlight are not supplied accessories from elna any more. I contacted the company direct but they won't supply parts. I found a dealer close to my home and they ordered the part. Im still waiting from 9/6/17. I contacted elna again and they directed me back to the dealer. Frustrated! I will never purchase an elna machine again. Very bad after sale service. Surely it doesn't take that long to produce and deliver a part.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

carolyn
carolynSingleton

Crap machine

Eveytime i use my elna overlocker machine either the cotton breaks or my needles break,not a good machine.i bought a second hand singer overlocker and it is great, will never buy a elna again and will advise others against it, i have heard the same complaints as mine time and time again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Tracy
TracyGippsland, VIC

Pay for a cheap product equals purchasing nothing but trouble

Very disappointed . First time using it I broke 7 needles . Returned it to spotlight hoping to return it and upgrade to a more expensive one. No luck as it is a warranty issue so needs to go back to Elna. I'm in the middle of a project with a granddaughter due any day and now have to wait for Elna to repair the machine. Not Happy Jan

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Old sewer
Old sewerDarwin

Will be getting a refund on this one

I've had this overlocker for 2 months and have broken 8 needles and used reels of thread just trying to get the tension right. It looks fine on the top but when you turn the fabric over it's very loopy. I've been sewing for 47 years and I've never had such a problem machine. I can see why it's been discontinued, I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Sandi
SandiPerth, WA

Threading underlooper very difficult

Invincible
InvincibleAU

Bad experience

Had this machine for one week only and never got to use it. The lower looper threads snapped as soon as you tried to sew. After spending two whole days threading the machine correctly, consulting the provided instructions and watching Youtube videos on threading - I totally failed to get this machine working. Took it back to where I purchased it and they sent it in for repairs. I now totally dislike this machine and only want my money back - which remains to be seen, The bad thing is that I am still paying off my credit card purchase for this machine which I have never been able to use. BTW I am not a beginner serger operator either, it was purchased as a back-up machine to save time changing over threads, stitches etc.

Love my new overlocker!