Emirates Skyward

Rip Offs

Mandy

MandyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Misleading Tier Rewards

I was excited to (I thought) fulfil criteria to gain Gold skywards membership. I travelled (with my 2 children) to the UK return in June/July 2018 then again in June/July 2019, the website said that if you get 50,000 tier miles within a 13 month period you reach Gold status, which I had presumed I did. This is not the case, I have been told it is calculated from July 1st 2018 to July 31st 2019, so because of a few days I miss out on Gold and will soon lose Silver status. This was the reason I buy my yearly trip to the UK through Emirates, using the lounge is very important for my disabled child so she can sit in relative quiet and comfort whilst waiting for the next flight. I will now have to look at other airlines. Extremely upset.

The One

The OneSydney, NSW

Declining in value

Now that Emirates has abandoned its Asian destinations and flis only direct to Dubai its value to us has disappeared. We've now got "orphaned" points we can't use except on partner airlines where availability is limited

Rewards & Loyalty Programs

Find out how Emirates Skyward compares to other Rewards & Loyalty Programs

Shane

Shane

Avoid - It is not worth the hassle

The points that you have collected expire after 3 years. You will get a reminder email beforehand that will usually go to your SPAM folder. I lost 43000 points because I missed the reminder email. If you contact the company to see if you could get the points back for a chance to use them, they couldn't care less. Customer service is terrible. Avoid them, it is not worth the hassle. I will use QANTAS from here on.