Etax Accountants

Pros

• 100% online help with taxes

• Highly user-friendly website

• Affordable service

4.7 (2,091)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.6 (1,567)
  • Timeliness
    4.7 (1,572)

Steviegk
SteviegkSydney, NSW

First time user

This is my first time lodging my own tax return electronically. I had commenced using the myTax section of the NSW government website but found it to be complicated. The etax platform was simple, clear and concise.

Jen
JenNew South Wales

Quick and easy.

I have used this service for years, and never been disappointed. Fast processing, easy to complete. I will continue to use etax as my trusted accountants! Thank you so much.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you for your loyalty and your review Jen- we appreciate it. We're glad to hear you find the Etax return quick and easy to complete. The Etax team look forward to continuing to be your trusted accountant and assisting with your next tax return!

Best way to do tax!

Great returns while sitting on the couch. The team are great at suggesting extra deductions too. This is my second year with a great refund, Im very happy with e tax

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your review Jaylan! We're pleased to hear you think Etax is the best way to do your tax and we're glad the Etax team always strive to get the best possible refund for you. We look forward to assisting you with your next tax return!

Ryan
RyanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

FAST & EASY

Had my return done in five minutes flat! Could not have been any easier to get it done! Been using these guys for years and always do a good job! GREAT STUFF!!!

Dean
DeanSydney, NSW

Was easy and straight forward 10/10

Was fast and easy to use I would recommend it to anyone and I will be using it again next time I highly recommend that you also use this site

EtaxEtax Accountants

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mariri M.
Mariri M.South East Queensland, QLD

quick and easy

I had all my information ready which made it quick and easy to fill in forms.
That was all I wanted to say but they make you write 30 words ok.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Mariri- we really appreciate it. We're so glad you found our tax return quick and easy. We look forward to assisting you with your next tax return!

Bradley P.
Bradley P.South East Queensland, QLD

Great to use

Find Etax good to use when you don’t have the time to go to an accountants office and also I have moved and this is my second year using Etax as my previous accountant is too far away to travel to

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you so much for your review Bradley- we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so glad you find Etax convenient to use and we look forward to assisting you again with your next tax return.

Rach
RachPilbara, WA

Simple fast service

Love the simplicity of this service and quick response with any queries, I have always had my refund in 2 weeks from lodgement which makes me confident in planning that special holiday for end July

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your positive feedback and for your loyalty Rach! We're glad to hear Etax is simple for you to use and you appreciate our team's quick responses to your queries. See you again soon for your next return :)

Tax for July 2020 to June 2021

Easy to complete the required documents. I used it last year and was very happy with the service. Very efficient way of completing tax return. Would definitely recommend the service

Find out how Etax Accountants compares to other Tax Preparation Services

Never doing tax with this company again.

They calculated and lodged my tax return incorrectly. A mistake that was going to cost me a large amount in tax payable. I had a feeling something was not quite right so i asked them questions to get some clarity. I felt their response was very careless considering the financial repercussions their mistake would have had for me. A tax company that can't do tax is unacceptable. I am now questioning whether my previous tax returns with them were correct?

Fantastic awesome service

Great service reasonably pain free i would recommend to anyone so easy and helpful. Support all throughout the whole process. Good to see just how quickly the refund is shown on the screen above. I like that you already use the information used from last year because generally my role pretty much stays the same.

Aleisha
AleishaSydney, NSW

Perfect and so easy to get deal with!

I’ve used Etax since 2017. They’re always quick with responses and very transparent with everything. Helped me so much last year with claiming for WFH and always try to get a great return for me. They make doing my tax every year so easy, and the ease of doing it from home makes it even better.

Michelle H.
Michelle H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tax return

The etax team have been very thorough and very responsive, quick to reply to my questions. I have used their services for a couple of years and will continue to do so. It’s very convenient completing my tax return online in the comfort of my home rather then booking appointments.

Aaron d.
Aaron d.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy with the service 10 out of 10

Very happy with the service the accuracy how quick and effective 10 out of 10 and I’m happy with the estimate for my type of work being a delivery driver it’s about as expected.

KyeCentral Queensland, QLD

Just simply amazing as it is so explanatory

The most simplified and quickest way of getting tax done by far ,what a great team , This is the 3rd time using e-tax won't look any further anymore,just amazing results

Kye

Most welcome,thank you for the kind reply ,may I have a date which I can lodge 2021 return, thanks team

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

Would you have a estimate how much it cost if i get help for this years tax and amend last two financial years if i get stuck or its more complicated then i realized. I'm in the low to medium income threshold not a large business but have done some trading so there might be some paper trail that needs looking at. What kind of prices would i be looking at?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Rocky, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice. Our Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items).

Additionally if you'd like to pay nothing up front we can deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you take that option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We can lodge an amended tax return for you to include any missed information on prior year returns. If you choose this option, there'll be a $44 fee per amended return if Etax lodged the original return, or if you lodged via a different method our standard fees apply for any amended tax return.

If you would like to add an amendment to your return please register and log into your Etax account, select the relevant year and send a new message requesting an amended return and enter as much detail as possible about the amendment.

If you're new to Etax you can register here to start your tax return online: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi, i have traded crypto and not sure how to do the tax i have found some software that shows the
dates,profits, loses, times of trade etc. but not sure how to fill out my tax with the information. Do you guy have experience with crypto tax like this? Thanks

Hi Rocky,
Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading. You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you have everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Kind Regards,

Gary C
Gary Casked

How much does Etax charge for completing a very basic return, I am retired and receive a DVA pension along with Superannuation payments and a very small share dividend with no other income ?

JBS
JBS

It’s costing me $69 this year which if you have a tax refund gets taken out of that. This is reclaimable next year. I think if you get a refund there’s also an admin charge of under $30. I can’t remember the exact amount. Hope that helps.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Gary, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice.

You will need to enter your details and then once you've submitted your tax return our team of qualified accountants will review it to make sure you get the best possible return before lodging it to the ATO. You can also live chat our accountants directly along the way. They'll be able to help you with any questions you have and let you know where to include information on your return.

To access live chat please login to you account, select the year and click on the blue live chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can also give us a call on 1300 693 829.

Kind regards,

Get an answer from our members and Etax Accountants representatives

How to use Etax Accountants

You enter your tax details on the Etax website and sign off after filling out as much relevant information as possible. Etax then proceeds to check your return, primarily focussing on looking for ways to boost the amount of tax you get back, and checking your return for accuracy and ATO compliance.

Points of praise for Etax Accountants

• The convenience of an online tax system was highly appreciated by Etax Accountant clients, with one reviewer commenting, ‘I can do all the necessary things myself on my own computer instead of gathering up thousands of papers and driving to an office.’
  • The vast majority of reviewers found the online system quick and easy to work with, especially with the pre-filled sections that cut down on time. Overall reviewers often praised the site’s overall user-friendliness
  • Staff are helpful and quick to assist if you have any queries, which can be asked using an online web chat
  • The fee for this service is reasonable, which is another indirect way to maximise your tax return.

Points to consider

While Etax Accountants offer tax services for small businesses and sole traders, they don't do tax returns for large companies.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As a 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service, Etax Accountants don’t compromise on quality with their completely online and convenient tax service. Top points were awarded for Etax Accountants’ transparency in terms of having open, honest and informative business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to submitted tax return forms.