Etax Accountants

Pros

• 100% online help with taxes

• Highly user-friendly website

• Affordable service

4.7 (2,069)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.6 (1,543)
  • Timeliness
    4.7 (1,548)
Mikky

MikkyIllawarra, NSW

Quick and simple

It was good customer service happy with the online system, wasn't a hassle quick and easy thanks I recommend this service for anyone, just have to sit back and wait

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks Mikky - we appreciate your review and your recommendations! See you again soon for your 2021 return!

Lavinia

LaviniaSydney, NSW

Commendable Service!

Easy to use and convenient platform to use for lodging tax returns. Fantastic and affordable fees. Questions asked are also answered quite promptly. Commendable customer service I highly recommend it!

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your review Lavinia - we really appreciate it!

Linda J.

Linda J.Mid North Coast, NSW

This etax was much more convenient than going to my tax agent

I liked the idea of doing my tax on my phone whilst having quick access to my personal information also accessed on my phone online. It saved me a trip into town and without a car that would take half the day.

John

JohnMurray Region, NSW

First timer : Great to follow: Thanks /John

Great stuff - easy to follow/ should have used years - You should Advertise your service more- I only stumbled on ETax by a fluke - glad I did : Hope All goes well : Thanks Willo

EtaxEtax Accountants

Cheers Willo! We're doing our best to get our name out there but we also rely on our awesome clients to spread the word as well! Thank you for giving us a shot and we'll see you again for your 2021 return soon!

2wheelermug

2wheelermugSydney, NSW

Was a little confusing in sections but i havent used this type of lodgings before so it took along time

App works well alot of information required was easier than expected i would recommend to friends and family without hesitation. Lookong forward to some responses and need the return soon as possible due to covid related matters and family member with stage 4 cancer requiring more financial assistance from me

EtaxEtax Accountants

Nothing you can’t complete with mygov and some common sense if return isn’t complicated

Need to work on some processes but overall a good idea. Systems were good and functional however some of the accountants didn’t offer the greatest experience which was frustrating at times. Need to work on the value add part of their service and not just compliance to entice me to use again. Have updated review since original post

Very good

Thank you guys I have found this app to be easy to use and very very efficient and for the most part I have found it very very accurate and safe

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your review Bigkahunarnr! Please do reach out if there's anything else we could do to help improve our service to 5 stars in your eyes!

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simple easy to follow.. makes life easy..did 7 tears in an hour or so.. amazing

Cheap
Fast
Perfect solution for me
Went out if way to assist in completing 7 years back tax
Helped us complete partial years.
Completed years we were abroad with no tax and finalised full years tax.
Cannot be happier

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you Lisa - great to hear we could help you get your tax returns up to date!

Dorothy

DorothySydney, NSW

Easy To Use

As the first time I have had to prepare a tax return personally, I found this service very helpful. The product is professional and extremely easy to navigate. I would highly recommend E Tax

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for giving us a try Dorothy! We'll see you again soon for your 2021 return!

Michael

MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Perfect couldn't be better

Couldn't find a better service. I enjoyed how easy and flexible my etax accountant was and how patient he was for me whilst explaining the ins and outs of the application.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for sharing your feedback Michael - we're happy to hear we made things so easy for you!

Easy to use, helpful advise.

I found your product helpful and efficient,delt with my tax with a minimum of fuss, I feel that the information given was easy to understand and handled in an efficient , professional manner.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback Graeme! We really appreciate it :)

Khaleel rane

Khaleel raneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

A class etax etax is THE best it's easy and I never ever have a problem regarding my tax return every year and there cheap and the best ever to

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you Khaleel :) See you again in 2021!

Luis Calle

Luis CalleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty easy to do.

It was pretty straight forward I think lodging the the Tax Return. I am hoping that I haven't done too many errors. I am looking forward to my refund money.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Cheers for your review Luis!

Always a great experience !!! 3rd year using service

This tax service is the best! I return each year 10/10 I recommend this service to everyone needing to get tax done. It’s so easy to use and great communication. Love it

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your continued loyalty and recommendations Amy - we really appreciate it!

Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Etax review

Simple, easy to follow instructions and a user friendly system. I decided to complete my tax this year myself and am pleased I did so. There's not much more a tax accountant could have done that I couldn't with this program.
Thankyou

Thanks Michelle :)

Michael B.

Michael B.Sydney, NSW

Very easy to use.

Excellent service - quickly guides me through my tax return. Had left it a little late and using this service let me get things cleared up quickly. Steps you through in a very easy to understand manner.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your review Michael - glad we were happy to help you get your return lodged quickly!

Gayle Cox

Gayle CoxWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Extremely Easy

So easy and stress free. Normally things online can cause a headache but whoever or the tech people who created this program have done an excellent job. Thank you so much.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your fantastic feedback Gayle! Our IT team who build and maintain the tax return love hearing comments like that about how easy our tax return is to use :)

An Excellent Tax Preparation Business

Some difficulty due to multiple accounts now resolved. At 89 not quite as sharp as in the past but ETax very patient and guided me through their process all the way.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your review Brin - we're always happy to help!

Sophie

Sophie

Helpful service

Helpful service, first time user and found the process user friendly. The platform offered helpful hints and videos to guide you along the way. Considering it was my first attempt, I found it quite simple.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for giving us a try Sophie and we're pleased to hear you found it easy even as a first time user. See you again in 2021!

Alex Calvani

Alex Calvani Launceston, TAS

Easiest ever.

Couldn't be easier!
It took all the guess work and confusion out of it.
Normally I need to go back and over and over questions just to finish it. It was relieving.
Thanks ATO.

Thanks Alex!

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

Would you have a estimate how much it cost if i get help for this years tax and amend last two financial years if i get stuck or its more complicated then i realized. I'm in the low to medium income threshold not a large business but have done some trading so there might be some paper trail that needs looking at. What kind of prices would i be looking at?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Rocky, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice. Our Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items).

Additionally if you'd like to pay nothing up front we can deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you take that option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We can lodge an amended tax return for you to include any missed information on prior year returns. If you choose this option, there'll be a $44 fee per amended return if Etax lodged the original return, or if you lodged via a different method our standard fees apply for any amended tax return.

If you would like to add an amendment to your return please register and log into your Etax account, select the relevant year and send a new message requesting an amended return and enter as much detail as possible about the amendment.

If you're new to Etax you can register here to start your tax return online: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Kind regards,

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

hi, i have traded crypto and not sure how to do the tax i have found some software that shows the
dates,profits, loses, times of trade etc. but not sure how to fill out my tax with the information. Do you guy have experience with crypto tax like this? Thanks

Hi Rocky,
Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading. You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you have everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Kind Regards,

Gary C

Gary Casked

How much does Etax charge for completing a very basic return, I am retired and receive a DVA pension along with Superannuation payments and a very small share dividend with no other income ?

JBS
JBS

It’s costing me $69 this year which if you have a tax refund gets taken out of that. This is reclaimable next year. I think if you get a refund there’s also an admin charge of under $30. I can’t remember the exact amount. Hope that helps.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Gary, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice.

You will need to enter your details and then once you've submitted your tax return our team of qualified accountants will review it to make sure you get the best possible return before lodging it to the ATO. You can also live chat our accountants directly along the way. They'll be able to help you with any questions you have and let you know where to include information on your return.

To access live chat please login to you account, select the year and click on the blue live chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can also give us a call on 1300 693 829.

Kind regards,

Get an answer from our members and Etax Accountants representatives

How to use Etax Accountants

You enter your tax details on the Etax website and sign off after filling out as much relevant information as possible. Etax then proceeds to check your return, primarily focussing on looking for ways to boost the amount of tax you get back, and checking your return for accuracy and ATO compliance.

Points of praise for Etax Accountants

• The convenience of an online tax system was highly appreciated by Etax Accountant clients, with one reviewer commenting, ‘I can do all the necessary things myself on my own computer instead of gathering up thousands of papers and driving to an office.’
  • The vast majority of reviewers found the online system quick and easy to work with, especially with the pre-filled sections that cut down on time. Overall reviewers often praised the site’s overall user-friendliness
  • Staff are helpful and quick to assist if you have any queries, which can be asked using an online web chat
  • The fee for this service is reasonable, which is another indirect way to maximise your tax return.

Points to consider

While Etax Accountants offer tax services for small businesses and sole traders, they don't do tax returns for large companies.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As a 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service, Etax Accountants don’t compromise on quality with their completely online and convenient tax service. Top points were awarded for Etax Accountants’ transparency in terms of having open, honest and informative business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to submitted tax return forms.