3H&R Block

95% · 6,555298 · 4%
4.5
High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

6,867 reviews
Mischa S.
Mischa S.3 posts

H&R Brunswick - scammers and dishonest

Unprofessional, awful service and dishonest - after failing to lodge my tax return almost a fortnight since the appointment with H&R Block Brunswick, I contacted them only to find their internal process had 'rejected' the return and requested further documentation. Initially the accountant kept saying that the ATO rejected the return, until I continued to point out that no return had been submitted to the ATO, hence how could they have rejected something that was not lodged?

I ended up completing the return myself and requested a refund. I have never heard from them since.

Sally Waters
Sally WatersSydney, NSW5 posts

Excellent and informative service

I received both informative and insightful advise from Garry at the Neutral Bay office. He was incredibly generous with his time. Highly recommended . Thank you. Show reply
rosie.hunt
rosie.huntPerth, WA

Positve, Professional and Stress Free Service

I would like to thank James at H & R Westminster for his excellent service today. He was very efficient, thorough, professional and welcoming. I highly reccomend his service to anyone seeking to complete their tax return in a professional, calm and stress free manner. Show reply
Craig
Craig2 posts

50% OFF PROMO CODE FOR CRYPTO TAX CALCULATOR DOESN'T WORK

I initially used H&R Block because they had a 50% off promo code for Crypto Tax Calculator... After registering with them the code didn't work and H&R Block informed me that the code had expired in October 2023... Thats 7 months ago... I also informed Crypto Tax Calculator of this dilemma and they gave me a 10% off promo code... The second problem I had was after filling in my Capital Profit/Loss it wasn't reflected on my tax return and I had to send repeated messages to them to amend this... THEY STILL HAVE 50% OFF CRYPTO TAX CALCULATOR on their website... I hope no one else gets caught up with this false advertising...
Chele B.
Chele B.

John T.
John T.2 posts

Expert Help

My name is Margaret,I manage the accounting for our business. I am in partnership with John Tame. I prepare our information and simply submit all the detail to HandR Block Bundaberg. The returns are prepared in a timely manner and efficiently. The staff are specialists and realise that most need the help of accountants,they are excellent with explaining detail. Show reply
Aaron P.
Aaron P.Perth, WA2 posts

H&R Block - Taking Money from my account with-out authorisation

I used the Online Tax Return tool for my last 2 years returns. Twice in the last 4 months, H&R Block has deducted 2 random payments from my account for 3 times the fee. The fee was supposed to be deducted directly from my return regardless. They have been difficult to contact to resolve this and there is no record of the payments in my only portal. The tool was ok, but now that they are just deducting money from my account is out-of-control.
FRUSTRATED MOVER
FRUSTRATED MOVERSydney, NSW35 posts

POOR SERVICE AND ALL I EVER GOT WAS AN UNSUBSCRIBED NEWSLETTER

Called into an H&R block office to try to make an appointment. They asked for my details and would get someone from the Business/Corporate area to call me - and in fact 10 months later I am still waiting. No calls, no follow-up and NO service or advice on taxes or tax returns. Ended up I did it myself, saved a heap of money and frustration. All I have ever received is newsletters telling me how good H&R Block are and useless information - I have also unsubscribed for the second time.

I cannot complain about the service, THERE IS NONE.

Behzad M.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts
Behzad M.

Update: So far I have had no response or communication from H&R Block marketing team nor their Brisbane North District Manager via LinkedIn. Therefore, I am publishing this review.

Marta Duran Arque
Marta Duran ArqueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Excellent service from H&R block and Samina! Thank you for your amazing service:) Show reply
George
GeorgeWestern Australia2 posts

Tax return experience

They are good and customer efficient and they really assisted me when lodging my tax return Show reply
Avon

We have been going to Stephen for over 20 years and he is the best Show reply
Jeanette B.
Jeanette B.

Great Service

Highly recommend. Give H&R Block a call. I went to Bundaberg office and found them to be very helpful and efficient. Ask for Rae. Show reply

Felicity

I submitted information to HR Block Mount Barker, despite several calls and emails, and a 460km round trip with my 91 year old husband have not had any update on my return. This is worrying as we have to pay CGT as we sold our second home, but have no idea how much to set aside... the response when we drove down from the person, I am busy atm, disgusted. The previous person we had at Mount Barker HR Block was absolutely wonderful, and not even any response from complaint to management.

What has happened to the advertised claims of great service, will be going to the Commissioner.

I had submitted required information August 31st

Hello
Just writing to let you know that the service I have received from H&R Bock was disgusting. So much in face that I am think of going to a Current Affair with my complaints.
I have been a customer of H&R Block of over 30 years and the 2023 tax return just gone was the worst service that I have ever experienced from a retail store. I took my full year tax in to him in late July and he had booked three other people in the same time slot as me. His computer was not working and after messing me around for two weeks I went in the sign the forms and he said he had not finished them. Had to wait another 2 days till the following Monday. I decided to look for a professional accontant and asked the new account to contact H&R block as a courtesy..H&R Block still has not come back to us with the ok and then has stuffed up my tax by not including my interest earned and I have paid them almost $500
Raymond

James Q.
James Q.

Sounds like you either have a very complicated tax return or are trying to claim more than your fair share. As for the interested earn, this should have been automatically included via your bank.

Raymond J

No not at all. Tax 30 mintes allows by this H&R Block manager who had booked in 3 other opeke all at the same time.. This led to mistakes on their side not mine. This is pprro service that has allowed me to go to a proper account

Josh R.
Josh R.

Hi, I have done my own tax online through H&R Block for about 5 or 6 years now. Every year I just pay on the spot when I finish. This year I was travelling and didn't have my card so I just got it taken out of the return. Through mygov and the ATO portal I can see the money was sent back to them 10 days ago. I am yet to see anything in my account. Is this normal? For them to hold the money for almost two weeks? Seems irregular.

Review
Review

I am having the same problem now.

Kim
Kim

I am having the same problem

About H&R Block Tax Accountants

H&R Block has been in operation for over 50 years, and has a variety of service options to suit people in all kinds of financial circumstances.

With over 400 offices nation-wide that are open both nights and weekends, they're suited to those working full-time or have busy lifestyles.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions, including the following services:

• Tax services for individuals, letting you choose from an in-office tax return, an online DIY tax return, or enlisting the help of an online tax adviser, who can give you the best of both worlds, letting you fill out your return online but helping you out if you get stuck.
  • Tax services for businesses, including taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts, and bookkeeping services.
  • Other financial services, including financial planning, Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF), and MoneyHub, which lets you get a free credit score.

H&R Block also does specialised individual tax servies including US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you've missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns. They also do second look assessments, which check whether you've received the maximum amount for a tax return.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers.
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated.
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

Contact info for H&R Block