H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.8 (2,391)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.5 (2,123)
  • Timeliness
    4.8 (2,115)

Unauthorised direct debit

I completed my tax return in July last year and have just had two unauthorised direct debit payments coming out of my account and overdrawing it twice. Stay away from H&R Block. They’ll take unauthorised payments from your account.

Very happy with the service

Melissa at the Maroochydore office did a great job of my husband's tax return and was very knowledgeable about what a long distance truck driver is able to claim. All done via phone appointment and email at a very reasonable rate...couldn't have been easier! Thanks Melissa :)

James P.

James P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Yes they're cheap, and yes you get what you pay for.

Dont reply to emails until after you chase them a few times. Ultimately took almost six months to sort my return AFTER I had done all the calculation for them. Will be using someone else next year.

Very pleasant and knowledgeable

I have been getting my tax returns done through H&R Block for many years now. I have always found them to be reliable and knowledgeable with my returns and are always comfortable to deal with

Rates and Fees

Unrealiable, lack of responses and completely ignoring emails and calls

Tracey Carver

Tracey CarverCentral West, NSW

Great to deal with

Easy to deal with and very professional. Takes the stress out of doing a tax return and the aim to get you the best return. Will use the service for years to come.

MH48Sunshine Coast

You can't rely on H&R Block for anything important

Julie

JulieVictoria

Service with a smile

Really like who I dealt with knew exactly wat they were doing didn’t take long answered any questions I had
I’ve been using HRB for a couple of years and will continue to in the future

Michael MHunter Region, NSW

Still Waiting For Response

Been using H&R Block now for some 40 years + and have never had a reason to complain until now.
I received a credit on my tax return for 2019 /2020 which is all very good and is what I usually receive back from the government.
However 3 weeks ago I received notice by mail that I owed the tax office $904.70
I emailed H&R all the info that regarding my debt incurred and as of now some three weeks later have had no response from them at all.
I have paid the ATO the outstanding amount but I would have appreciated H&R to get back to me.
Regards, MM

Your best accountant

Office manager Stephen Borger from South Melbourne office executed an amazing job, doing far more then what he had to. He as been by far the best accountant i had, doing literately everything he could to help me. Thanks Stephen.

Rod

RodSydney, NSW

Tax review

great tax accountant Stuart distinguished helpful, assisting , assist, mature approach, thinks laterally when giving advice, clever, mathematics,

Chealey

Chealey

Very happy with the service

First time with H&R Block. Very impressed with the service provided. The tax agent was very helpful, asked great questions and provided clarity, explaining various nuances to help me understand better. I was particularly appreciative of how advice was communicated to me. I will definitely be a return customer

Mel Taylor

Mel TaylorSydney, NSW

I got my taxes done by Margaret at the Crows Nest branch. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. Explained everything to me well. I'll be back next year. Happily recommend.

Catherine C

Catherine CPerth, WA

Much prefer to get my tax done professionally with H&R Block rather than risk making mistakes doing it myself

The staff is up to date with changes, know to ask the right questions. Leena was well prepared and had all the relevant documents and information at hand. The cost is quite good value for money and gives the assurance that things are done properly and the customer is not missing out on anything.

JEN JONES

JEN JONESHunter Region, NSW

A professional, friendly service

We love our tax agent at H&R Block and the ease of doing our tax return, even remotely. My husband and I have been using H&R Block for years now because we’re happy with the advice and results.

Friendly and professional

Thorough in their methods, the staff are knowledgeable and provide easy to understand responses to any questions you may have. Very friendly and very timely assistance, as well as an efficient process.

Leanne R.

Leanne R.Perth, WA

Friendly and efficient service

I always get the same person on request. She is helpful and asks the question you don’t necessarily think of. Most of the work is done before I get there. Always friendly and gets me the best results.

Grai

GraiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Peace of mind that my return is done correctly

H&R Block make doing my tax return easy and quick and I have confidence that it is correct. At tax time last year I was recovering from severe injuries from a car accident and they took care of my return over the phone. They always get me a refund - when I was doing it myself I never got one.

Friendly and efficient service

Staff were accommodating, I was able to get an appointment quickly at a convenient time and the service was friendly and efficient. I was also very pleased with their knowledge and the return they calculated.

Craig Alchin

Craig AlchinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and was flexible with my appointment

My agent answered questions not even related to why i was there in the first place at a time that was really convenient for me.
The results were better that i could have imagined.

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy

Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.