Verifiedmyob.com

3.5
Helpful customer service
Easy to use software
Aids in improving efficiency
Phone wait times can be long

3,366 reviews
Mick L.
Mick L.Sydney, NSW

NO SUPPORT - OVER A WEEK TO REPLY TO BASIC REQUEST FOR SOFTWARE ASSISTANCE

The support is pathetic. getting assistance near impossible when the software has issues.
Deborah W Perth
Deborah W PerthPerth, WA

Zak A.
Zak A.Murray Mallee, SA

Excellent, helpful service & support

Have yet to use the software, but if the phone and chat service is anything to go by, this is going to be great.
I had a few questions and was guided incredibly throughout the whole process by a very enthusiastic Mei Younes. She has personally made this a swift and easy transition. Thank you Mei.
Burgyboy
BurgyboyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Unnecessarily complex

The software/interface is unnecessarily complex, and unintuitive, when I’ve called for help, staff couldn’t assist and promised to call back which they never did. It’s hard to recommend until they create a more ‘human’ interface- it seems to be created by accountants for accountants. Issues have been resolved, but it’s still a clunky, cumbersome user experience.
Jamie O.
Jamie O.2 posts

best software in market hands down

amazing product, better then xero or QB in all aspects.
Mile High A.
Mile High A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

MYOB - Terrible Experience- Choose another

Terrible company, after leaving MYOB money (subscription) was continually taken from our accounts for months. Getting the money back has extremely difficult.
Chris
ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Poor company

Worst company ever very hard to deal with they take you cash & offer no service
The departments don't talk to each other very poor accounts
Liz
Liz2 posts

Stay clear of MYOB

Horrendous! Just move 3 companies over from MYOB Business to another company. They have gone massively downhill since their upgrade in 2023. It's clunky, outdated and overpriced for what you get. Payroll is terrible, can't even put my logo on the payslips, not to mention Casual employees have an annual salary that can't be removed from the payslip which is ridiculous and after hundreds of complaints nothing has been done.
Michael B
Michael BSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Appalling customer service

Appalling customer service and has been for years. Ridiculous amount of time spent on hold before talking to untrained, unskilled people who waste hours of my day and fail to resolve what should be minor issues. Customer service staff make numerous undertakings to resolve issues and call you back but 90% of the time you don't hear from them again. I wish I had a business that could treat its customers this poorly and seemingly continue to thrive.
Mercedes Olivera
Mercedes OliveraSydney, NSW

Amazing customer experience

Honestly, this is all new to me and it can be overwhelming sometimes. I was so lucky that Keoh took on my enquiry and not only did he guide me in what to do, but he suggested the academy so I can learn more about MYOB, and online invoicing too which seems to be fantastic! I use many apps and systems so I’m really excited about condensing it all into one. I’m very appreciative of his patience and help today. Thanks again
Deb
DebSydney, NSW11 posts

Frustrating accounting software

Frustrating indeed. So much productivity lost when the system is often down or takes ages to load a page and often says to refresh MYOB. They changed our subscription from Essentials to Business (costing more each month because we now pay for each employee pay run) without giving the notice their own policies outline.
Tanya C
Tanya C

Outstanding Customer Service

Breann had outstanding customer service. She went above and beyond to help cancel our policy and we really appreciate her help!
Phillip T
Phillip T

AVOID AVOID MYOB

avoid MYOB there's so many problems with this system, MYOB , Friday's are over loaded, go slow day, the invoices entered for 30-days end up under 60-day column, the customer service guys have no training on MYOB, they have no idea about the system
lee w.
lee w.

AVOID AVOID

AVOID AVOID Terrible software! my clients do not receive very important business invoices to keep my cash flow alive. AVOID AVOID

this is the 3rd time this has happened and we have to send manually.

will be changing who we trust our online accounting service with.

Ross F.
Ross F.

Support team not available

I tried to contact their support team at 4pm on Thursday and they sent me an email they were shut for Good Friday. It is fine to shut for Good Friday but Thursday is still a working day. Of they want to offer support as a company they need to be open during ordinary work hours.

Ben
Ben

i am just checking is Myob compatibile with excel while importing or exporting data

HolyMelb

With your new upgrade, I can't match anymore the payroll to the payment in my bank transaction, what happened to the simple matching transactions. Why the recent pay made to employees don't appear anymore so I can easily match them. Does it mean I will have to manually assign a General code from the account list and itemised individually from wage, to super, etc..I thought this is an upgrade and improvement? This will now ruin all report because it wont match anymore automatuically to the right GL code from my Account list. You made an easy and simple system so inefficient. I was a user for more than 3 years and very happy before you decided t I upgrade the Essential, but it turned out it was going backward instead of improvement.

Customer services takes a minimum hold of 30 minutes. I was told to call early morning at 8 am. It seems there are 1 or 2 people only in the support, the voice recording says I'm on 2nd in the queue but the wait was a minimum 30 minutes? When finally my phone was answered by an overseas customer service, she can't help me and wants me to hold again to be transferred to another area because she does not handle problem about bank reconciliation.I waited and it took more than 30 minutes again for the staff to help me and at the end it was not resolved because they don't have an access to see our screen to understand what's happening. The only solution was to give them an email with the screen shot.. this is not how IT support should be.
Very very disappointed.

Karen L.
Karen L.

I have a supplier who is also a customer. They have issued a supplier credit note to apply against open invoices. This credit applies to open customer invoice. How to I record against customer invoice?

About MYOB

MYOB’s online accounting software helps your business stay organised and compliant. With MYOB, you can create PAYG, GST, and BAS reports and send them directly to the ATO. You can also track the status of these reports.

It also has features to help you with business needs like payroll, invoicing, budgets and reporting, inventory, bills and expenses, and cashflow management.

You can cancel at any time with no minimum subscription period and you can use the software on any device or browser. You’ll also have access to customer support 7 days a week. Plans start from $12 per month.

For those who want extra help, with MYOB Business, they can invite their accountant, advisor, or business partner to also use their software.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that MYOB’s customer service team was very helpful. They explained things clearly to new customers, helping improve their confidence in using the software. They also professionally dealt with the issues that existing customers had.
  • Reviewers also found that the software was easy to use.
  • Overall, reviewers said that MYOB helped them improve the efficiency of their business.

A point of pain:

• A number of existing MYOB customers found that wait times to talk to a customer representative on the phone were very long. Reviewers reported having to wait somewhere between 1 to 2 hours to speak to someone.
  • ABN: 13086760198