Verifiedmyob.com

3.6 (1,057)
Helpful customer service
Easy to use software
Aids in improving efficiency
Phone wait times can be long
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

3,347 reviews
Amarthater
AmarthaterNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Useless

Honestly useless company and software the last straw is not being able to pay their bills and then they call constantly chasing the money with threats of collection. GoFYourself myob
Brenden
BrendenQLDFar North Queensland, QLD32 posts

Impossible to find support

I have signed up to MYOB for a new business, and trying to get it sorted and resolved for the past 2 weeks, having some issues. I have tried to work out their chat lines, left messages for support and can only call Monday to Friday which is useless for the average business that works in these hours. no support or anywhere to get in contact with MYOB to help get started and set up. quick in sending you an invoice but certainly not in responding to help you get started. Currently looking at switching all the set up over to another company as clearly MYOOB have zero carefcator for customer service to help anyone.
lisamac
lisamac2 posts

Very disappointed!

It's confusing to use, technical help cut me off twice, fees not explained properly upon signing up. I'm tried to access an invoice for a client and the system wouldn't let me; told me to contact my admin, which I am! Tried to contact MYOB to get help and there is no number, just a bot or email message. Extremely frustrating! Going back to my old provider.
Pietro
Pietro

Sole trader moving from old fashioned invoice to using this product

The customer service provided by Mei Younes was outstanding!
She thoroughly went through each component of my business software available to me and made sure I understood how to use it before moving on.
The product itself is so easy to use on Mobil and computer. Show reply
Norma
NormaNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

The worst customer service ever I used

Be aware they charge double the amount, check your statement, they are so sneaky. I did not realise quickly but they were taking money from my direct bank account for lite and Essencial account. Not only for my business account, they charged double for my husband account too.
After 3 months dealing with emails and calls they said, sorry we are going to refund your money after 1 month as we found the mistake.
After 4 months still they didn’t refund the money. They are thieves. I am still receiving emails saying that the refund will be coming soon. It is a joke. I will contact Small Business Commissioner.
Paula
PaulaVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

MYOB - DO NOT GO NEAR this software

MYOB have to be one of the worst software for a small business, or for any business. They customer service is beyond disgraceful. You cant not rely on this software at all, infact your better off using a good old pen and paper, its more reliable than MYOB. I would warn STEER CLEAR the software is full of issues and you it takes weeks to resolve their software issues. You just go around in circles - please stay away
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
James a.
James a.

Peter
PeterQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

No help

Put a review up 3 months ago and got a reply from MYOB asking me to message them. I did so and asked them to call me as I don't have time to be sending emails back & forth. As I expected , never heard a word from them. Worst people I've ever dealt with
1Van
1VanWASouth West, WA

Terrible since upgrade

I was happy with the old version but since the upgrade in late 2023 i can stand it. They made super user unfriendly, full of bugs and properly annoying to operate. I am going to switch to different provider.
MYOB   DM

Hello, sorry to hear that you have not found super easy to use since your upgrade. If you need support getting used to the new version, you can try our help centre or virtual assistant MOCA at external link . Thanks!

Dissatisfied myob user
Dissatisfied myob user

This product is absolute rubbish

We have been an Accountright user for 3 years. We have hundreds of duplicated bank transactions in our file and have been trying to get a call back since the 21/11. We cannot operate the file. There is no Australian support for the product and it is all based in the Phillipines, they cannot put you through to anyone. Their bank feeds department never replies despite 7 replies saying they will contact you in 2 to 3 days. Dont buy this product.
Kerrie
KerrieNSWSydney, NSW

Absolutely Amazin

Unfortunately I'm not so tech savvy, however i was very luck coming across Keoh, He talk me through finding my files and was extremely helpful. I was ready to cancel my subscription all together as i had a bad experience a few days earlier with an MYOB person. Thankyou Keoh you were amazing you have no Idea how much help you were. Merry Christmas, Kerrie Show reply
John
JohnWAPerth, WA11 posts

and the saga continues with MYOB - Qantas are actually starting to look pretty good compared to this company

After being told the issues were going to be resolved, guess what - they haven't even bothered getting back to me. It's been around a month for this process to date not to mention, I have been trying to get this company to fix the problem for well over a year. Steer well away from this company. It's got to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
DG Tas
DG Tas2 posts

Look elsewhere

Its always has upgrade problems, account access fails, the new AI help desk is hilarious, there have been some friendly help desk people but never any solutions to the problems around upgrades and system lockouts. Always seems to happen when we have a high workload, added a lot of unnecessary stress for us over the years. We only used them because our accountant does. Never again. I should invoice them for the hours wasted.
Ben M.
Ben M.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

So clunky, I feel like I'm starting from scratch every time I use it

I have multiple small businesses and deliberately run each of them on different accounting platforms to see how each of them work. I dread using MYOB because I've been using it regularly for a couple months and every time I use it I spent 20 mins trying to work out how to create/duplicate the transactions I want. I should probably document the steps to save some time, but I don't have to do that with other software that I use regularly and so am stubbornly wasting my time each week instead.

Ben
Ben

i am just checking is Myob compatibile with excel while importing or exporting data

HolyMelb

With your new upgrade, I can't match anymore the payroll to the payment in my bank transaction, what happened to the simple matching transactions. Why the recent pay made to employees don't appear anymore so I can easily match them. Does it mean I will have to manually assign a General code from the account list and itemised individually from wage, to super, etc..I thought this is an upgrade and improvement? This will now ruin all report because it wont match anymore automatuically to the right GL code from my Account list. You made an easy and simple system so inefficient. I was a user for more than 3 years and very happy before you decided t I upgrade the Essential, but it turned out it was going backward instead of improvement.

Customer services takes a minimum hold of 30 minutes. I was told to call early morning at 8 am. It seems there are 1 or 2 people only in the support, the voice recording says I'm on 2nd in the queue but the wait was a minimum 30 minutes? When finally my phone was answered by an overseas customer service, she can't help me and wants me to hold again to be transferred to another area because she does not handle problem about bank reconciliation.I waited and it took more than 30 minutes again for the staff to help me and at the end it was not resolved because they don't have an access to see our screen to understand what's happening. The only solution was to give them an email with the screen shot.. this is not how IT support should be.
Very very disappointed.

Karen L.
Karen L.

I have a supplier who is also a customer. They have issued a supplier credit note to apply against open invoices. This credit applies to open customer invoice. How to I record against customer invoice?

About MYOB

MYOB’s online accounting software helps your business stay organised and compliant. With MYOB, you can create PAYG, GST, and BAS reports and send them directly to the ATO. You can also track the status of these reports.

It also has features to help you with business needs like payroll, invoicing, budgets and reporting, inventory, bills and expenses, and cashflow management.

You can cancel at any time with no minimum subscription period and you can use the software on any device or browser. You’ll also have access to customer support 7 days a week. Plans start from $12 per month.

For those who want extra help, with MYOB Business, they can invite their accountant, advisor, or business partner to also use their software.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that MYOB’s customer service team was very helpful. They explained things clearly to new customers, helping improve their confidence in using the software. They also professionally dealt with the issues that existing customers had.
  • Reviewers also found that the software was easy to use.
  • Overall, reviewers said that MYOB helped them improve the efficiency of their business.

A point of pain:

• A number of existing MYOB customers found that wait times to talk to a customer representative on the phone were very long. Reviewers reported having to wait somewhere between 1 to 2 hours to speak to someone.
CategoryTax Preparation Services