4.1 from 2,088 reviews

1,281

Exporting customer details

I can not export all of my contacts data to my job diary program and this has created a lot more time involved to the setup. Help desk is no help at all as even they can't upgrade me to the premium product. Be aware your contacts aren't really yours.

naomi

naomiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

MYOB ARE CROOKS

I was with MYOB for 7 years. Price increased from $29 in 2015 to $48 in 2019. I asked for a refund on the day the direct debit was going to go through and they would not refund. I cancelled my subscription and went with quickbooks that was 60% cheaper.

Amie3036

Amie3036Melbourne

NO HELP FROM HELP LINE!!

Product is only just ok, very basic! but what ever you do DON'T call the "HELPLINE" they are No help at all!
not once have i been able to get help!
you're better off googling it and getting some sort of blog on youtube to help you.
not sure what the money we pay goes to but the service is terrible.

MYOBMYOB

Product is not straight forward and a mission to find anything!

Biggest mistake I made to swap over to this. Will be looking for a new product in the new year.
Why when you run a GST detail report for example does it not put the invoice number (instead of a useless reference number) that would help you quickly identify the transaction?? No you must click every one of your 200 transactions for the quarter to try and find why your report does not match back to your accountants! They have a running balance which is useless in this report - and do not show the whole amount of the invoice (ie invoice +gst). Each invoice is split into every single thing you charge for so its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack!!! WHY WHY?

Sheila

SheilaPerth, WA

User unfriendly product

If you think you know how to operate MYOB then you are totally mistaken if you think you can use MYOB Essentials. It is without doubt the most stupid user unfriendly system around - so sorry that I changed over - will see the year out then changing to something else. While the old MYOB was very basic and simple to use Essentials is not - nothing is straightforward and everything is a mission to find. DO NOT change to this system ever!!!!!

MYOBMYOB

Sorry to hear that you are not finding MYOB Essentials user friendly Sheila. We'd love an opportunity to discuss your usage with you. So we can be in touch, could you please send us your account and contact details. Regards, Steven

Zero customer service

When there is a fault they do not answer the phone or when they do, keep you on hold for hours after which time they disconnect the phone. Funnily enough the sales section answers the phone immediately.

Bikram S.
Bikram S.

Hi Steven,
There is no point having a live chat if no-one from MYOB actually responds to the query on the live chat.

Nataniel G.

Nataniel G.

Absolutely stay away!!!

Customer support is non existent.
Aggressive pricing and over changing without prior consent!
Very slow to load
My biggest ever mistake was joining this joke of a company!
I would recommend to look very well whats out there before deciding.

Hi Nataniel,
Really sorry to read about your sentiments towards us. We'd love an opportunity to address some of your concerns. Could you please send us your account and contact details, so we can be in touch.
Regards,
Suja

Joshua J.

Joshua J.Sydney, NSW

To hard, to expensive and poor customer service

To cumbersome and hard to use over multiple devices. As a Builder and trades person i have found it is just to complex and overpriced. Use quick-books instead, much simpler especially if working off a mobile device onsite.

Bianca

BiancaNorth Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service! Do not sign up to myob

Absolutely appalling customer service! Do not sign up to MYOB! As a new customer I am still in the initial set up the stage and just having a simple step like Bank Feeds set up is ridiculous! I have been awaiting approval for weeks now and every time I call MYOB and wait on hold for hours at a time they tell me it's my bank's issue even though my bank has given me a letter saying its all completed from their end. Terrible customer service who pass you around and waste your time! I will be cancelling and going to another accounting software.

RevieweeveFar North Queensland, QLD

Price Gougers

Aaaarrgh its a trap, I signed up for $30pm a month a few years ago and they keep putting the price up by $5 when it suits them. My subscription is now $60pm and I can see few improvements except for the two factor authentication which as a small home business with only 3 employees is just annoying. There is literally no value for money here and I have no idea how to get out of cloud accounting without losing all of my data, to do so would cost time and money that I simply don't have.

shansonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

AccountRight Live Plus - Poor value for money aggressive annual pricing and poor service

shansons

One update - annual increases above should say 8+%, not 10+%.

Samantha

SamanthaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

One of the worst services I've ever used

Chris I.

Chris I.Perth, WA

Abosolute joke

cancel my subscription in july I then check my bank statement 3 months later and have been charged $60 month since. Absolute incompetent staff & customer service avoid like the Plague

MYOBMYOB

Hi Chris, sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Well be happy to review your cancellation and account if you would like to send us a message with your account and contact details. Regards, Steven

slow to load

Startup of the program and information loading are slow for the online version. Despite team members are very knowledgeable and helpful, the wait time to speak to them can be very long. Pricing is expensive compared to other comparable products.

Very nice to get good phone help

very good, very helpful in solving an internet problem with MYOB login with two factor security. webmail if it is full may not let you get security login number had to switch to phone login app till sought out webmail

Better than the last system but the 2 stage authentication drives us nuts.

Most of the system is great, aspects of the log in is not so great. Biggest gripe, if I need to discuss a problem or something that we can't resolve, making contact has steadily got poorer over the last 12 months, it used to be that I could make the call and have a resolution in about 20 minutes, now, I often give up.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

I agree with most - The package works for me but when things go wrong then you wait and wait and wait, I have been on hold for an 1:30:57 seconds waiting for a Technical support person to fix my MYOB. Then when you get through to technical support they start the process of asking all the questions again. Surely the previous person wrote an incident report and attached all the relevant information to the holding call of the incident report

Yvonne C.

Yvonne C.South East Queensland, QLD

Unauthorised Direct Debits

MYOB started in June 2019 doing multiple bank direct debits. Tried phoning many times to stop this and obtain a refund. It's now October 2019 and still not resolved. Their South African call centre that you get routed to is hopeless. Customer service is wat below par.

MYOB does not care

MYOB did a terrible job of incorporating Single Touch Payroll by abandoning versions, zero communication, incomplete solutions, and 4 out of 5 staff not caring. That is why the MYOB organisation does not care about its customers. I should have gone with Zero.

Hilary

HilarySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good product

MYOB is the full package with great backup service when needed, does everything you need to run a successful business, data efficient, online presence with good interlink systems for taxation and superannuation needs.

Mary H

Mary Hasked

I need a report that shows GST detail with all sales and purchases in the month. MYOB has suggested I run 3 reports for this and not one of them gives me any of the info I need.
I need to be able to reconcile the figures in MYOB back to my BAS statement so I need to filter down to the individual transactions....I am using MYOB Essentials with Payroll

MYOBMYOB

Hi Mary, the GST detailed report will based on tax codes listed on the transaction. If you are running that for an accrual basis it will show you all the transactions for that month.

If you are on an cash basis, the report will show all the payment transactions. As it's reporting on the payments it may not be reporting all those transactions recorded within the month i.e. invoice was recorded in the month but the payment has not come in until the following month. As such, you may need to combine this report with an accrual based GST detailed report to get a full list of transactions recorded in that period.

For future support enquiries, we do have an MYOB Community Forum where we would recommend posting support enquiries - https://community.myob.com
Regards, Steven

Stuart D Holtasked

What does the Error message "Account Max Level"mean?

Kathryn

I'm not good with myob I get help from a friend who is an account, but I think it could be that you have a limit of how many accounts you have started in MYOB think the max is 4. eg personal account, buisness account, sports club account if you are a secretary doing the club accounts. hope that helps. someone else may help more sorry.

Kathryn

Thank you for your information. I suspected that might have been the problem but I could not find an answer in the User Manual; hence my question on the Web. I have fixed the problem in the meantime.

Regards
David

Sandra

Sandraasked

Why the myob invoices app gets SO slow and even comes back with errors when trying to put a new line, or new item. Also gets SO slow when is the end of the month. Could you please explain

Get an answer from our members and MYOB representatives