4.0 from 2,123 reviews

Penny

PennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Payroll Reporting badly set up

When doing a pay run, a separate window opens each time so you can report directly to the ATO. It's slow and makes the run too long. It needs to be in a single report so it can be sent in one lump at the end of the run. This gives you time to review and make any corrections. When I spoke to MYOB about this I was told my internet may be too slow (despite all my other online programs running fast) and that individual reporting is the way it is set up. In other words, "this is how we've set it up so there it is". Payroll is now very time consuming and painful.

Great service. Great easy to use accounting package.

MYOB is an easy to use accounting package suitable for our small business. The support service is timely and helpful. The on line aspect allows me access where ever I am. Thankyou.

I have been using MYOB for a very long time

I find the software very user friendly. Over the years I have recommended MYOB to quite a few business acquaintances, who found it indispensable for managing their businesses. MYOB is, very simply, a very good product.

Doug

DougNortheast, VIC

My experience with MYOB

Have belonged to MYOB since 2000 with Accountright and the quality of the product has been sensational as has support. I changed this year to Essentials due to a reduction in business output and staff levels. A different experience with Essentials but covers what I require. The only complaint I have is how long it takes to speak to someone when you ring them. I was suprisingly lucky enough to win a $500 Bunnings voucher which I wasn't aware was part of the purchase
Thank you MYOB. I can say that MYOB has served me brilliantly over the last 20 years.

Tony

TonyCanberra 2600, ACT

Ok but lacking with regards to customer refunds

The inability to process a credit card refund to a client has turned into a very awkward conversation with the client & costly to myself as the merchant. I will be removing credit card payments as a option & I will be using Braintree to process future payments

DavedogPerth, WA

A blatant disregard for their customers

Moved from the desktop version to the online platform less than a year ago as the desktop version is no longer supported. The online version is inferior in many ways to the desktop, especially when it comes to reports. I also recently discovered that 6 accounts codes were removed by MYOB in the process and the balances combined with other tax codes (no notification was given). This has cost a lot of time and money to put right. MYOB has shown nothing but contempt for its customers.

Walkabout Park

Walkabout ParkSydney Surrounds, NSW

Retail Manager isn't perfect but it does what I need it to do.

Retail Manager isn't perfect but it does what I need it to do. What I most like is the on the phone and online support. I don't have an IT department, so having a service contract with MYOB means that I can survive most IT problems.

Neri

NeriSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problem Solved :)

Thanks for all your help with solving my three page invoice problem. Problem is now solved. Suddenly my invoices were sent in three pages instead of one and one of them was a blank. Very happy :)

Bree Gearing

Bree GearingWheatbelt, WA

MYOB for our business

This has saved me huge amounts of time compared with Recon. I also like seeing how much tax is owing and super on the log in screen, as well as invoice amounts to be paid. The system also makes paying super very easy, with options to pay weekly if desired. Very easy to use. Highly recommend.

Costas

CostasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Time to change

Time has come that we need to change. Myob has not kept up to date with client requirements and business requirements. We have recently reviewed xero and are pleasantly surprised atbthe features and options. It makes myob look like a dinosaur.

Lainie Lentini

Lainie LentiniSydney Surrounds, NSW

Getting better BUT

Retail manager, is not getting updates or going to a cloud base, so soon i will be leaving and taking my 2 businesses with me ! so that is 4 subscriptions you will me loosing

Does the job

Works well but unfourtunitly supports is taking longer every year. Also a lot of buck passing. When you do get a knowledgeable support person they are very efficient and quick at resolving problems.

A.Benson

A.BensonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

unable to upgrade from essentials as business has grown

very disappointed that we cannot do certain functions with this software , but worst of all it can not be upgraded with out a complete loss of data its forcing us to investigate other options.

MYOBMYOB

product does not suit my ongoing needs

unfortunately after 30 years MYOB and I are now parting company as it has not kept up to other products and will not now suit my needs. I am especially unhappy that it is now a subscription product and for something that i only use for GST 6 times a year does not meet my needs for an affordable price.

roscoe
roscoe

Thanks but it is the subscription part that i object to as I find it an unessacary expense.

AccountRight 2019.4 online - many issues and poor support

Madellen C.

Madellen C.Sydney, NSW

I used to be a MYOB fan.. not any more

MYOBMYOB

Hi Madellen, sorry to hear that you are not loving the new AccountRight. We’ve love a chance to further discuss your feedback. Would you mind sending us a message with your contact and account information so we can reach out. Regards, Steven

"Read Only" function

Christchurch1
Christchurch1

By the way, I am from Christchurch, so this review above was for MYOB NZ
JaneA

LJS

LJSSydney, NSW

used to be good but now down the toilet

MYOBMYOB

Hi LJS, really sorry to hear that you are not liking AccountRight, we'd love an opportunity to address some of your concerns. Could you please send us your account and contact details, so we can be in touch. Regards, Steven

Angelo

AngeloSydney, NSW

So Far So Good

We have been using MYOB Essentials for a bit over 6 months. I have used its older versions via hard drive for over a decade and decided to upgrade to the online system. Aside from needing to upgrade the contacts and set up the business again, the system does what I was sold and am so far very happy with the program. I would highly recommend especially if you have an accountant or advisor supporting the process. Thumbs up for me.

Julia

JuliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor service

Why is something as easy as using only 2 decimal points so hard, I have to explain to my customers that MYOB cannot adjust my invoices and quotes to show just two decimal points - i have to have 6 - such easy everyday functions are so time consuming and when you try and get help its an hour wait for someone who doesn't have detailed product knowledge and passes you onto another hour long wait - then they cut you off - small businesses cannot afford to be waiting for MYOB - no wonder everyone is moving to Xero! Very poor service.

Mary H

Mary Hasked

I need a report that shows GST detail with all sales and purchases in the month. MYOB has suggested I run 3 reports for this and not one of them gives me any of the info I need.
I need to be able to reconcile the figures in MYOB back to my BAS statement so I need to filter down to the individual transactions....I am using MYOB Essentials with Payroll

MYOBMYOB

Hi Mary, the GST detailed report will based on tax codes listed on the transaction. If you are running that for an accrual basis it will show you all the transactions for that month.

If you are on an cash basis, the report will show all the payment transactions. As it's reporting on the payments it may not be reporting all those transactions recorded within the month i.e. invoice was recorded in the month but the payment has not come in until the following month. As such, you may need to combine this report with an accrual based GST detailed report to get a full list of transactions recorded in that period.

For future support enquiries, we do have an MYOB Community Forum where we would recommend posting support enquiries - https://community.myob.com
Regards, Steven

Stuart D Holtasked

What does the Error message "Account Max Level"mean?

Kathryn

I'm not good with myob I get help from a friend who is an account, but I think it could be that you have a limit of how many accounts you have started in MYOB think the max is 4. eg personal account, buisness account, sports club account if you are a secretary doing the club accounts. hope that helps. someone else may help more sorry.

Kathryn

Thank you for your information. I suspected that might have been the problem but I could not find an answer in the User Manual; hence my question on the Web. I have fixed the problem in the meantime.

Regards
David

Sandra

Sandraasked

Why the myob invoices app gets SO slow and even comes back with errors when trying to put a new line, or new item. Also gets SO slow when is the end of the month. Could you please explain

Get an answer from our members and MYOB representatives