EW50, ES50

1.8
  • Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Poor quality oven and stove, do not recommend. All dials rub off.

I keep a clean kitchen, and wipe down my stove top regularly. Over the 2 years I've had the oven all dials rub off. I can no longer accurately select temperatures or oven settings.
I purchased a thermometer to hang in the oven, and it regularly reads 50-100°C hotter than the few numbers i can still read on the temperature knob.
Oven does not cook evenly either, I must rotate all baked goods throughout the cooking process.
When preparing food I need to turn the stove on before preparing any ingredients, just to have a hope it will be hot in time for use. It then retains heat for far longer than is safe and the entire unit heats up hot enough to burn. Not happy with the poor quality, especially the dials that have become unreadable.

Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Graham, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I will reach out to you directly to get some additional information. Thanks

Gold Coast lady
Gold Coast ladySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy

Brought this 4 months ago and whilst the size suited me the rest of the oven was a lemon. Door wouldn't close properly and Dimplex sent a repairer to fix the issues which only put a band aid on the issue and the same issues again occurred with the door. Also takes forever to cool down after the oven is switched off.
Dealing with the co is even worse, It took a lot of phone calls and emails to get a store credit note again. Massive wait times to speak to an agent at Dimplex Would never buy this product again and I am waiting for my new other brand stove to arrive

Purchased in December 2020 for $590.00.

Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Tommy, I’m sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is valuable and this will be passed to the relevant to team for continuous improvement. Thanks

Deb
DebMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far not happy at all

I've had 2 faulty ovens delivered so far. Both were dented. The first one had a burner that didn't work and second one was the same. Thankfully the plumber unpacked it in the driveway and then had to repack it and take it back.

Purchased in August 2019.

Han B
Han BSoutheast, SA

No good. Elements are useless.

A pot or pan can’t even retain a high heat. The lack of heat that comes from any of the elements is so terrible. I can’t even cook a nice steak. It just warms and cooks in its own juices. No heat, no crisp. I’m a chef and hoped for better with this product even though the price was cheap. DO NOT recommend this if you want quick HOT heat. Oven is not very even either

Purchased in October 2018.

GDA.MarketingEuromaid

hi Han,

sorry to hear, can you please call us on 1800 444 357 so we can discuss further with youself

Sadie
SadieMurray Mallee, SA

Hate the elements having thermostats!

Date PurchasedJune 2011
Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Sadie, thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear you are not happy with your purchase and we note your comments.

BelleCanberra

Disaster

Reviewed this model previously after unsatisfactory after sales service when the oven failed. Eventually I received a replacement oven and now 12 months later the oven only works on one setting. Not sure what has gone wrong with this oven model but it can’t be relied on so stay clear.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ashley
AshleyMelbourne

Awesome oven

I started spending a lot of time at my partners house and he did not have a functioning oven.... It was hell. He didn’t want to spend much on one as he didn’t believe we would use it that often so we decided to go cheap. I read many reviews on this oven and they weren’t that great, but we still went with it. I’m glad we did, it is used every day and it has never missed a beat. Food is cooked to perfection, it heats up just like any other oven. I’ve found that the timer does need to be on for the oven to be used which can be annoying, and it can be noisy after it has been turned off. Other than that it’s an awesome oven

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Thanks, Ashley :)

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Robby
RobbyMaroochydore

Disappointed

Had a little trouble with this but Euromaid has resolved my issues. Be careful that you really want such a small stove which will hardly fit a baking dish in. The elements take a while to heat up and cool down. Elements are close together as well. Not the best choice for me.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Pong
Pong

Not bad for what you've paid for

I bought it from The Good Guys and I reckon it is an OK option for people who do not want to invest too much money in an oven. It is affordable but obviously it has got no fancy functions like other brands. I'm not disappointed but I'm not super-happy with its performance neither. Overall, I believe it is a good electric oven.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Mel_so
Mel_soSouth Australia, 5159

Good affordable oven

Purchased without doing much research to replace a dead oven when on a tight budget.
Cooks food evenly and heats up quickly.
Able to turn off stove top before cooking has finished to conserve electricity as hobs retain heat.
Surfaces are easy to clean.
My only negative is that after almost a year of heavy use seems to be running hotter than the chosen temperature.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Trev c
Trev cSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

This oven is useless can't cook a cake without burning the back of it from excessive heat from fan

Most discusting oven ever burns back of cakes almost impossible to clean inside and very power hungry, going to the tip very soon not happy at all!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Usman
UsmanWilliams Landing

Compact Oven

Its compact and cooks the food normally as an electric cooker would however, consumes a lot of electricity. Like the placement of the Knobs on the front rather than top and also has 7 options for the oven function to adjust the cooking temprature and timing. Overall the build quality is good and does the job very well.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

BelleCanberra

Waste of money

9 months after purchase the oven went "bang", smoke and flash of light. Took 3 months to get it repaired (parts not available) and then 6 months later same thing happened. This time it only took 1 month to get repaired but needed lots of follow up. 5 months on and it has happened again. On the merry go round again.
Very poor customer service from Euromaid

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Belle

Thank you for your response, however I have already spoken to a representative and for that reason I felt I needed to write this review.

cheesedoffBiboohra

load of rubbish

Purchased new on 13/10/2104 and installed in rental property on 23/10/2014 the Euromaid EW50 with solid hot plates is a lemon, with small and large elements fallen apart and coming off in 'sheets'. As it is under the 2 year warranty a Euromaid approved appliance repair service checked out the stove - this cost us $110 - the report stated that hot plates are fallen apart and small and large elements rusted. The report together with photos was sent to Euromaid by the repair service on 18/09/2015. Euromaid advised non-warranty due to policy exclusions. No futher explanation from them. Lousy product and lousy back up service.

cheesedoff

You may contact us by email jandsmorris@bigpond.com or by phone 07 40932669.
Thankyou - I will wait to hear from you.

Heat hazard,

Shan M.
Shan M.asked
EW50

Unit bought late 2020. Hot plates are working but oven does not. Oven light not on. Fuse blown?

Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Shan, Thank you for your question. Based on your comments it could be the element/fuse has blown.
If you need assistance you can contact our service team or provide your details so we can have our service team contact you. Thanks

eduardo s.
eduardo s.asked
ES50 / EW50

where can i find replacement control knobs/decals for Euromaid freestanding electric stove model ES 50

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Eduardo, thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, Please contact our spare parts team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your appliance and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can purchase on our webstore or email us at spare.parts.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Robert Young
Robert Youngasked
ES50 / EW50

I bought an EW50 Euromaid
The door does not shut. There is few millimeter gap at the top of the door.
The instruction booklet does not correctly show how the door hinge works. It seems to me. I cannot see any clips. There seems nothing to push down upon.
So I cannot get the door off to fully inspect the hinge. May be the spring does not push out enough to push at the bottom of the door to shut the top.
How do I fix it?

Mitch H.Euromaid

Hi Robert,

sorry to hear, please give us a call on 1800 444 357 so we can troubleshoot over the phone with yourself :)

See all Euromaid ES50 / EW50 questions

Get an answer from our members and Euromaid representatives

Compare both Euromaid ES50 / EW50

Dimensions 895-910 x 500 x 600 mm895-910 x 500 x 600 mm
Cooktop TypeElectricElectric
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Wok Burner NoNo
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteStainless Steel