EvaKool FridgeMate

4.4

John D.

John D.Hobart, TAS

No Longer an Aussie Icon

Purchased in March 2018 for A$950.00.

Bob

BobSouth West, WA

Most unsatisfactory....be warned!

Purchased in April 2017 for A$1,000.00.

Dazza WASouth West, WA

12 years strong

Bought online more than 12 years ago (yep the big Ugly yellow one We call it the Beer King) only had to replace manual install thermostat easy DIY 10 min fix plus cost of part otherwise its as tuff as they come and still going strong well done to EvaKool something built to really last, bought 2 other smaller Ev's over the years after all got to keep the steaks n snags in something as well man cannot live on just cold beer, so far so good

Purchased at Online for A$700.00.

EvaKool
Evakool I.EvaKool

That's awesome Dazza - love stories like yours.

Sam R

Sam RPerth, WA

Still serving us well

We’ve now had our Evakool portable fridge freezer for several years, using it when we go camping. We’ve had it jam packed with food and drink and it hasn’t let us down. It’s lived on the back of various utes, been bounced around when we’ve gone off road , and hubby goes seriously off-road. It’s been through torrential rain, dusty hot dry conditions such as when we went along the Gibb River road, and still stays cold, icy in the freezer section, and doesn’t suck too much power

LucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been in for warranty repair longer than I have used it and doesn't work that we'll.

Purchased in October 2017 for A$1,000.00.

Ian G

Ian Gcatskill

Great Fridge

Had a manual control yellow monster for over 3 years. Worked a treat even in really hot weather Last year it failed and was repaired by the local techy.
This year it failed again and the interior was starting to delaminate, took it back to the local bloke again.
The following week he called me and said he had sent it to evekool. Last week, I got a call from him. Your fridge is ready to pick up.
What a surprise, a brand new in the box digital 3 speed.
So from time to time things fail. But what a service backup.
In short, Great fridge and Great backup from the company

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Clark Kent

Clark KentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet, efficient & robust

8 years old, seen plenty of beach camping. One lap of Australia and performed faultlessly. Ran two 160 ah deep cycle batteries with 160w solar panels. Rarely needed to run generator even during overcast weather. Charged one battery whilst running fridge and LED lighting off the other battery. Swapped battery over each afternoon, quite unnecessary and seemed capable of running at least 3 plus days on one battery.
Favourite part of ownership was the quietness, after some very noisy Engel fridges this one is a dream!

Date PurchasedDec 2010

BevoGeraldton

Best camp fridge I've ever owned

Date PurchasedMay 2009
art

artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

The yellow monster, reliable & durable

We purchased our fridge/freezer as floor stock at the factory shop about 5years ago. Fits into a slider in the back of our Discovery & has been used off road in some very dusty conditions out West. Had the flashing light after about 3 years, phoned up the factory & was told to check our second battery, it was dud. Nothing fancy to go wrong & the two inner baskets make it easy to add/remove contents. Great as a back up for power cuts/Christmas overload as also works off the mains, which means you can chill down overnight before putting in the vehicle, minimises draw on the battery.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

John

JohnMackay

Good strong fridge

I have 3 evakools 2x70 &1x95 for about 7 years and there still going strong. The biggest advantage is their simplicity no fancy electronics just std danfoss with manual thermostat . Like all fridges it's critical to limit voltage drop so the bigger the feed cables the better and try and direct connect to the battery I changed the plug in lead to a hard wired 4mm cable with a 50a Anderson the vehicle wiring is 6mm the cig lighter plug in most vechiles is not capable of delivering stable power and consequently you often get the fault lights coming up on under voltage especially when the battery starts to drain so big cables & Anderson plugs and most problems are solved

Date PurchasedJun 2009

Just Brilliant

Like several others here I have had my EvaKool for years. It has been fantastic. The only warning I have is similar to one of the other guys, make sure your battery is kept in good nik or you get the dreaded flashing warning. The insulation is great and draw rate also great, just a little sensitive. Its been all over Aust and lives in Townsville so handles the heat well.

Date PurchasedApr 2007

Check your battery rating.

charchie

charchieSydney

Excellent value very tough

We purchased the new style FM95 gray model with digital controls. It's the best fridge freezer I have ever owned.
Being poly is wont dent crack or rust
It has some great features, it can be half fridge half freezer all fridge or all freezer. It's very quite and super efficient running on normal car battery for 2.5day without being charged running as a freezer.
We have used it 2 weeks straight out bush running half fridge half freezer and was fantastic.
I like the fact it has a bung so I can wash it out at the end of the trip.
Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a 12v fridge. And it's Australian made

Good Fridge, BUT

We bought our FM055 EvaKool fridge last October and are very pleased with it. We had it running on our back verandah for around 6 months and once we found the correct temperature, by using the supplied thermometer for food/ drinks,it worked very well.
With that in mind we set off for a trip north. All went well until I found one of the stubbies of beer had rolled over and went through the basket and damaged the "cooling pipes".
In my opinion the problem is a design fault. The basket wire is not fine enough to stop bottles slipping through the gaps.
Hopefully EvaKool and take this problem and fix it.
Cheers and happy travelling............Bruce

Julie

JulieGympie, Queensland

Working wonderfuly so far

Everything went well except the delivery took a little longer than expected and it appears to have dented our beautiful new fridge a little disappointing.

RobbieApollo Bay, Victoria

Can't find a fault

I've had this fridge for 8 years now without any failure! 6 months of every year over the last 6 years I have used it as a freezer running 24/7 and only ever had to replace 1 fuse (easily done). I'm not sure about these days, but when i bought the fridge it used less current than the big players. I can't recommend this fridge enough, It is a steal at the price and outlasts the competitors plus it Aussie made. I realy love the simple but strong engineering, I'll buy this fridge again if it ever breaks down.

Robbie

3 years later and it's still cranking away!

palevo7

palevo7Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Fridge or Freezer or both - it just works

Chris.s

Chris.s

Great fridge but not perfect - still best on market for size

- solid - can slide around and stand on etc as it is like an esky.
- lid warps when hot and bows in the middle when outside is hot and inside is cold. lets small amount of air out.
- bought through australian direct and got the programmable thermostat which works well.
- have broken both clips off it by sliding it in car with them up once but called evakool and they sent me new ones for free. they sent me thicker foam for around top to fix gap too.
- access is awesome as it is not deep like engel and no bag to fuss with.
- customer service is awesome
- overall i love it

one4x4Sydney, NSW

Absolutely brilliant fridge!! Cant live without it! So good

ian.andreasen.50
ian.andreasen.50

You work for everkool?? I find my 60l uses way more power than the magazine test results, the latches break easily and they warp in the sun. Your mileage may vary!

gavinees