15EvaKool RF Fibreglass

4.2

76% · 163 · 14%

4.5
Rust-resistant fibreglass body
Good storage space to size ratio
Easy to use and easy to clean
240V mains connection must be purchased separately

Marty
MartySouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Perfect fridge just like my other EvaKool Fibreglass models

Have a this model and older 55L both are performing well. In 40 degree days still keeps everything cold. Even once the compressor is off the fibreglass fridge keeps cool. Looking for another one for my young friend who just got into 4x4 and camping , will be getting him a EvaKool Show details ·  1
Rob D
Rob DSydney, NSW2 posts
  RF110
David5 posts

Does everything perfect

Has been on tough trips including a car crash which rolled several times but has never missed a beat. Hinges and handles broke in crash. Customer-support for parts was painful and i still dont have the right parts! (BCF tried their hardest) Sat out in 30 - 40 deg sun many times, this is where the fridge comes into its own with the freezer box. Fridge/freezer design works remarkably well. Only problem I'v had is fridge cutting out with voltage drop, replaced lead with updated version which fixed problem. Bought it about 18yrs ago and am going to buy another, 85lt I rekon. Show details ·  1
hughloth
hughloth7 posts

Love it

inside is all square there is no space taken up by compressor. Simple to convert to all freezer or all fridge. Is easy to clean, when I've finished using it I open the bung hole and hose it out, making sure I don't get water near compressor.
One of the Clips broke but they're easy to replace.
I have an older model with a dial to control, but evakool told me it should be fairly easy to convert to a digital panel. Show details
Ian R
Ian R2 posts

Best product ever

Has run nonstop for approx 12 years. Only minor issue 12years later was having to replace latches. Eva Kool shipped replacement same day.

Unit lives in the back of a 4x4 in the north of South Australia. Still holds -20°c without fail.

Australian made at its best.

If this fridge ever dies it will be replaced with another Everkool!

Cameron Jones
Cameron JonesAU5 posts
  RF110

3rd evakool

I have had an original Supakool 60 which I replaced with an Evakool RF60 approx 12 years ago. It has never really been turned off. It still runs perfectly. I now also have the RF110 for the camper trailer as well. I also own a waeco and had an Engel combi 60. There is no comparison with the evakools. On a Simpson desert trip I had beers leak and a tin of jam leak. The mess was pretty bad. If it was any other brand it would have been a problem. I dragged the RF60 into a hot shower in motel and washed it down (keeping the motor dry). They are well engineered and do the important things well.

Ajay
AjayAdelaide5 posts
  RF40

lasted about 2 months.. zero customer service

the fridge lived in my camper van for about 2 months, it was never outside always had good ventilation, it just stopped working completely. firstly a fault light & then nothing. i checked all the leads and even tried running it off the 240v adapter, but still nothing.. evakool offered no solution. expensive garbage if you ask me.

Roaming Aus
Roaming AusPort Macquarie2 posts

Love it

Had my rf60 for four years now and dragged it half away around the country, hasn’t missed a beat and it’s energy useage is outstanding as it uses much less power then our other big named fridge we also have. Would definitely buy another evakool again and would recommend to others

Michael
Michael

Absolutely faultless

I’ve had my RF60 for 18 years now. Been to WA, SA multiple times, extended trips Cape York twice, across the top and 5 months in Darwin. I teach canoe and kayaking and use the fridge every second weekend, all school Holliday’s and often during the week. Fridge has never been out of the car since I purchased it and has never failed.

Cory Corydoras
Cory CorydorasSydney, NSW2 posts
  Verified RF60
Wayne C
Wayne C

Love them

I've had the RF47 for 7yrs one thermostat was replaced free of charge and just out of warantee too , 3ys ago I purchased an RF60 also for extended trips to Fraser Is. Both work very well keeps food and beer cold.I have a mate who takes a Waeco , the evakool's cycle on less often which I put down to being fiberglass rather than a poly/plastic case .

Matt
Matt

This fridge is awesome

I have had this fridge for 13years and only had a couple of small issues with it replaced the thermostat once it. it never gets turned off and still goes strong 2 of my friends have engels and they both had flat batteries after 3 days free camping and the evakool still ok even keeps this cold at 40oC temps as its in our annex

Put it in low gear
Put it in low gearKarratha
  RF85

Dont bother if u live up nth

Our evacool came with the camper that we purchased unfortunately as we headed back north WA the evacool doesn't keep cold and the temperature was not spread evenly through the fridge area, stick with a Engle if you live in hotter climates as the keep colder as they have abetter compressor

Sarah Tilde
Sarah TildeSydneyAustralia11 posts
  RF47
Alan
AlanSydney, NSW2 posts

Colleen C · RF Fibreglass

Our compressor is running extremely hot and the fridge is no longer cooling. It’s smells ‘electric’ hot!

Colleen C

Thank you. Booked into local evaKool repairer after Easter. Btw we have never had it serviced in 13years of off the grid/dusty camping. Bloody good fridge.

EvaKool Australia   DM

Epic! We love hearing stories like that. Have a great Easter, and please reach out if you need anything further.

Warren J.
Warren J. · Fibreglass RF60

I have been having the following problem with my RF60 for a long time. Hope someone can help.
The fridge runs well on 240 w power. It is in the back of my ute all the time. The ute has a canopy over it. When I plug it into 12 v it only works intermittently . the compressor struggles to kick in most of the time, very frustrating. The fridge is about 6 years old . Any help would be appreciated

Lou A
Lou A
David

Hey mate have you got the updated (thicker 6mm i think) lead with anderson plugs? I had similar problem. Put multi-meter on fridge end and there was substantial voltage drop threw the lead. Always worked well with car running thus extra volts however

Les
Les · RF Fibreglass

best temp to run i9n Freezer mode

See all EvaKool RF Fibreglass questions

The EvaKool RF Fiberglass is a portable, dedicated fridge and freezer combo. It has built in 12V/24V capabilities, and a 240V power adapter that must be purchased separately. The fiberglass build makes it less vulnerable to rust or corrosion, and easy to use digital controls allow you to dictate the temperature in each of the two compartments. Its has a good storage space to size ratio and is available in a great range of capacities.

A drainage plug and removable baskets make it easy to clean. Some reviewers praised its external compressor for opening up storage space, while a few found it cumbersome and awkward. People also appreciate its 100% Australian owned and made status, though noted it was a relatively expensive product.

Compare all EvaKool RF Fibreglass listings
EvaKool Fibreglass RF47
  • Discontinued
EvaKool Fibreglass RF475.0
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $1,539$1,759$1,869$1,369
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity60L85L110L47L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display Panel and Removable compartment dividerDigital Display Panel and Removable compartment dividerRemovable compartment divider
Weight25 kg29 kg22 kg
Dimensions 430 x 445 x 860 mm465 x 545 x 940 mm475 x 515 x 1000 mm430 x 445 x 725 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Construction MaterialFibreglassFibreglassFibreglassFibreglass