RF60, RF85, RF47, etc...

Pros

• Rust-resistant fibreglass body

• Good storage space to size ratio

• Easy to use and easy to clean

Cons

• 240V mains connection must be purchased separately

Does everything perfect

Has been on tough trips including a car crash which rolled several times but has never missed a beat. Hinges and handles broke in crash. Customer-support for parts was painful and i still dont have the right parts! (BCF tried their hardest) Sat out in 30 - 40 deg sun many times, this is where the fridge comes into its own with the freezer box. Fridge/freezer design works remarkably well. Only problem I'v had is fridge cutting out with voltage drop, replaced lead with updated version which fixed problem. Bought it about 18yrs ago and am going to buy another, 85lt I rekon.

Purchased in January 2003 for $1,500.00.

Evakool I.EvaKool
hughloth

hughloth

Love it

inside is all square there is no space taken up by compressor. Simple to convert to all freezer or all fridge. Is easy to clean, when I've finished using it I open the bung hole and hose it out, making sure I don't get water near compressor.
One of the Clips broke but they're easy to replace.
I have an older model with a dial to control, but evakool told me it should be fairly easy to convert to a digital panel.

Purchased in June 2016.

Ian R

Ian R

Best product ever.

Has run nonstop for approx 12 years. Only minor issue 12years later was having to replace latches. Eva Kool shipped replacement same day.
Unit lives in the back of a 4x4 in the north of South Australia. Still holds -20°c without fail.
Australian made at its best.
If this fridge ever dies it will be replaced with another Everkool!

Date PurchasedApr 2006
Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how EvaKool RF Fibreglass compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Cameron Jones

Cameron JonesAU

3rd evakool.

I have had an original Supakool 60 which I replaced with an Evakool RF60 approx 12 years ago. It has never really been turned off. It still runs perfectly. I now also have the RF110 for the camper trailer as well. I also own a waeco and had an Engel combi 60. There is no comparison with the evakools. On a Simpson desert trip I had beers leak and a tin of jam leak. The mess was pretty bad. If it was any other brand it would have been a problem. I dragged the RF60 into a hot shower in motel and washed it down (keeping the motor dry). They are well engineered and do the important things well.

Date PurchasedMar 2007
Ajay

AjayAdelaide

lasted about 2 months.. zero customer service

the fridge lived in my camper van for about 2 months, it was never outside always had good ventilation, it just stopped working completely. firstly a fault light & then nothing. i checked all the leads and even tried running it off the 240v adapter, but still nothing.. evakool offered no solution. expensive garbage if you ask me.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Roaming Aus

Roaming AusPort Macquarie

Love it

Had my rf60 for four years now and dragged it half away around the country, hasn’t missed a beat and it’s energy useage is outstanding as it uses much less power then our other big named fridge we also have. Would definitely buy another evakool again and would recommend to others

Date PurchasedSept 2014

Absolutely faultless

I’ve had my RF60 for 18 years now. Been to WA, SA multiple times, extended trips Cape York twice, across the top and 5 months in Darwin. I teach canoe and kayaking and use the fridge every second weekend, all school Holliday’s and often during the week. Fridge has never been out of the car since I purchased it and has never failed.

Date PurchasedSept 1999
Cory Corydoras

Cory CorydorasSydney, NSW

Great Fridge, shocking Customer Service!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Love them

I've had the RF47 for 7yrs one thermostat was replaced free of charge and just out of warantee too , 3ys ago I purchased an RF60 also for extended trips to Fraser Is. Both work very well keeps food and beer cold.I have a mate who takes a Waeco , the evakool's cycle on less often which I put down to being fiberglass rather than a poly/plastic case .

Date PurchasedJune 2000

This fridge is awesome

I have had this fridge for 13years and only had a couple of small issues with it replaced the thermostat once it. it never gets turned off and still goes strong 2 of my friends have engels and they both had flat batteries after 3 days free camping and the evakool still ok even keeps this cold at 40oC temps as its in our annex

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Dont bother if u live up nth

Our evacool came with the camper that we purchased unfortunately as we headed back north WA the evacool doesn't keep cold and the temperature was not spread evenly through the fridge area, stick with a Engle if you live in hotter climates as the keep colder as they have abetter compressor

Sarah Tilde

Sarah TildeSydney, Australia

Unsatisfactory Warranty - Post Sales Service

Terrible after sales service

After less than a years use the fridge wouldn't hold temperature (it was a faulty thermostat or compressor). We couldn't establish whether it was the power source or the fridge. Evakool would only inspect the fridge at their premises leaving me liable for shipping costs etc. They could of easily inspected the fridge at my home.

Absolutley Awsome Fridge

ori04

ori04Darling Downs, QLD

EvaKool RF60

Ray L

Ray LCaboolture

`Evakool RF47

We bought the RF47 fridge freezer a few months ago. we have given it a good work out as a freezer at -10 and so far we are very impressed, the low amp draw on the car battery is a big winner and is the 5 y warranty Australia wide.

EvaKool RF60

I Bought the EvaKool RF60 3 years ago and is still going strong, its easy to clean & i love the option of fridge or freezer or both. being 50mm fiber glass IMO it has much better insulating properties then other fridges out there.
I also love that its 100% Australian owned, lets support out Australian economy
Cheers Andrew

Excellent fridge!

Evakool 60L Fridge Freezer - Excellent fridge! Bought it just over a year ago and hasn't missed a beat. Worked in some severe temperatures. Great service from the warranty department too. Had a fault with the 240V power pack and they swapped it over with no dramas. Would recommend the fridge and the company anytime!

Warren J.

Warren J.asked

Fibreglass RF60

I have been having the following problem with my RF60 for a long time. Hope someone can help.
The fridge runs well on 240 w power. It is in the back of my ute all the time. The ute has a canopy over it. When I plug it into 12 v it only works intermittently . the compressor struggles to kick in most of the time, very frustrating. The fridge is about 6 years old . Any help would be appreciated

Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi Warren.

If your fridge is working fine with a 240V power supply and struggling on 12V, this would indicate an issue somewhere in your 12V power supply.

If the fridge doesn't have a high enough voltage to operate, the compressor will struggle to kick in.

We suggest troubleshooting you 12V system and getting a deep discharge test done on your dual batteries to check their health as well.

Kind Regards,

Lou A
Lou A

Hi Warren. Had issue with my RF60 after 8 years. Same deal 240 fine, 12v kicks out just after it starts compressor. Checked original power lead etc, did find soldered exposed positive wire to pin was just touching exposed negative wire to pin , a couple of melted strands but power there same as battery output, taped exposed wire. Was Not the issue. Much hunting about found the negative wire from fixed power lead socket going up to the black power distributor box was getting warm at the first crimp terminal join from factory. Realizing much resistance there cut it out and rejoined . Problem solved. Fridge works as good as new after 15 years of ownership. So story is you have to check everything like fuse ,joins, power leads and wire connections including factory cause we don't live in a perfect world. Never had a thermostat issue but did replace 240 v power block for a quality power regulator with a fan , after 5 years , as original would get quite warm and failed. With all these broken latches etc I can only guess they have changed style as the original rubber over centre latches are still going strong. Have an Engel MT 40 for 4 years good basic freezer. And now have a 35/52 Bushman fridge for future trip to Cape York this year. I like diversity.

David

Hey mate have you got the updated (thicker 6mm i think) lead with anderson plugs? I had similar problem. Put multi-meter on fridge end and there was substantial voltage drop threw the lead. Always worked well with car running thus extra volts however

Les

Lesasked

RF Fibreglass

best temp to run i9n Freezer mode

Alan46

Alan46asked

Fibreglass RF60

Why does the fridge basket have tappered sides you lose so much space with these baskets?

chris
chris

so the cold air can go all around items

See all EvaKool RF Fibreglass questions

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives

EvaKool RF Fibreglass

The EvaKool RF Fiberglass is a portable, dedicated fridge and freezer combo. It has built in 12V/24V capabilities, and a 240V power adapter that must be purchased separately. The fiberglass build makes it less vulnerable to rust or corrosion, and easy to use digital controls allow you to dictate the temperature in each of the two compartments. Its has a good storage space to size ratio and is available in a great range of capacities.

A drainage plug and removable baskets make it easy to clean. Some reviewers praised its external compressor for opening up storage space, while a few found it cumbersome and awkward. People also appreciate its 100% Australian owned and made status, though noted it was a relatively expensive product.

Compare all 5 EvaKool RF Fibreglass
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $1,299.00$1,369.00$1,539.00$1,759.00
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity40L47L60L85L
Power SourceWall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter)
FeaturesDigital Display PanelDigital Display Panel and Removable compartment dividerDigital Display Panel and Removable compartment divider
Weight21 kg22 kg25 kg
Dimensions 415 x 360 x 725 mm430 x 445 x 725 mm430 x 445 x 860 mm465 x 545 x 940 mm
Construction MaterialFibreglassFibreglassFibreglassFibreglass
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 5 EvaKool RF Fibreglass