5Evakool Travelmate TMX Series

4.3
4.2

Brian C.North-West & West coast, TAS2 posts

Evakool Travelmate 35 litre portable fridge

Purchased new , stopped working 3yrs 8months later needed $400.00 worth of parts and labour , Evakool Australia would not honour any warranty told me this model had a 3 yr warranty only , used infrequently in the back of vehicle when caravaning, looked after without a scratch was the service providers comment, paid for the repairs and also purchased another brand for when it stops again , would not power up on 12 volt and Ac current . Would think a $900.00 fridge at the time when purchased would last longer than this period of time .If consumers want a portable fridge to last more time than this , don't buy this brand Show details
Brian C.North-West & West coast, TAS2 posts
Chris
ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stops cooling when 12V battery hits 12.8V

My Travelmate TMX65, cools well until my 12V battery goes down to 12.8V. Then the fridge cuts out and the red light flashes every four seconds. How do I rectify??
joseph busuttilSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

6 years use cant fault

Ive got the older version the 1 pictured above grey model . I set it at -6 keeps my beer icey cold and yet I can freeze my redclaw tails and fish fillets overnight 12volt power usage is great 1.5 to 2 amps per hour this fridge has 50mm insulation all round .I also think buying Australian made give me peace of mind spoken to other campers with overseas makers of fridges they cant get parts or service if a problem raisers so to sum it up hope Evakool keep up the standards of their camping fridges because I will be buying from them again. Show details ·  1
warwick11 posts
  TMX65

Fails to cool as expected

Have had fridge set to 0° for 24 hrs. Can’t get it below 4°. It’s literally running continuously. Worked well when I first got it but now it struggles to get things cold. Less than 12 months old and have used it 6 times. These are Chinese and other companies sell them under different brands. Perhaps this is why Evacool don’t sell them anymore. Warranty issues Show details
Neil
NeilCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Purchased late 2019 Minmimual use

Purchase my evakool late 2019 its had minimal use. The fan has had to be replaced and the digital display is wonky. Now its appear to have die completely. No display noy reaction Show details
Wayne K
Wayne KBrisbane6 posts

Stopped working

Had my travel mate for about two weeks. Worked well in 12 v and recently for about three days on 240v. Control panel lights are not on. (On off or temp indication) even though the internal light comes on when opening the lid. I think it has died.
Buddy
Brendan P.Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts
Tom D.
Tom D.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts

TMX75..Not the best...buy WEACO

Yeah I really wish I got a Dual zone fridge.the TMX75 is good for the capacity, but the second (spill over) compartment is pointless.

I set the fridge on -5, put my meats and dairy on the bottom (where it gets -5) beers on top (usually -1) then if I put beers in the spill over section, they only get cooled....not cold.
Feels like the 10ltrs of the fridge are a waste as it doesn’t REFRIGERATE..

stitch-up

if Evakool would be happy to replace my fridge with a 80l dual zone I would gladly trade!!!! And give a glowing review

And I’ve tried calling them 5 times, messages....no reply Show details

Jane
JaneHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Do not recommend

Our fridge is about 2.5 years, it's about to be sent away again to get a replacement compressor. This is the 2nd time. When it works, it works well, but we shouldn't need to replace compressors on a yearly basis. We're niw looking at another brand
Graham M
Graham MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  TMX65

Very impressed with this fridge

I've only had it a few months but It's been excellent. Its very fast to cool down, and very efficient. I've run it non stop in my 4wd for over 3 weeks with minimal driving and my cheap DIY 100w solar system is more than enough to keep it running. I had an old old Engel before and no way could it run just off the 100w ebay panel. The two-way lid is so handy. The wifi is ok but a bit painful as my phone wants to get internet off it too. Bluetooth might have been better but it also has its limits, more the fault of technology than the fridge.
I'm very happy with my purchase and the 5 year warranty is good peace of mind. Show details ·  1
travelmate37
travelmate37Sydney, NSW4 posts

Works ok but

Bought this at Xmas based on reviews. Used it in the new year 2019 (at home) - works well. Attains temperature very quickly. Have not used wifi yet.

But.....

I was carrying the fridge downstairs to my garage to fit it in my pajero. Handle (furthest away from compressor) literally came apart in my hand x5 times there and back. Yes I could reattach it, but the fridge was empty - what if it was full? It is supposed to be also strong enough to use as a tie-down point. I love the unit, I really do but the handle coming apart without warning in my hand multiple times?

If I am doing something wrong please let me know, but this leaves a bitter taste considering the cost of an otherwise 'top notch' unit.

Show details

Dale
Dale8 posts

Affordable high quality

Save yourself lots of $$ and get this model fridge for camping. It is half the price of the competitors yet has the same capacity and same length of warranty on it. Quick to get to low temps and has wifi control options for easy use. Handles both sides so can set up camp without having to work around which way the fridge opens!

Show details

Brian C. · Travelmate TMX35

Hi , my fridge red light is flashing every 4 seconds on both Ac and dc power , compressor kicks in when in override, please advise , cheers Brian

laurie n.
laurie n. · Travelmate TMX35

where is the air filter it saids to clean thanks

Joe
Joe

Laurie to my knowledge there is No air cleaner just keep all air vents at the compressor end clean and dont pack anything around them when in use let the hot air escape

DavidMac · Travelmate TMX Series

Hi I've had a TMX 35 for several years now but only used it a handful of times. Recently I plugged it in to a 240v and it started running fine then stopped altogether no lights anywhere nothing removed the fuse but the fuse model is too small for anyone i know to read. I think it's a 3.5A but not completely sure. Can anyone give me the right replacement fuse ID please.

warwick

You could ask Evacool for the number of a service agent in your area?

ring factory in Caloundra Qld they are very good with help Cheers

Compare all Evakool Travelmate TMX Series listings
Evakool Travelmate TMX65
  • Discontinued
Evakool Travelmate TMX652.5
Evakool Travelmate TMX35
  • Discontinued
Evakool Travelmate TMX353.7
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $929$849
Type Dual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + Freezer
Capacity65L38L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display Panel, Interior Light, Removable compartment divider and USB PortInterior Light and USB Port
Weight30 kg25 kg
Dimensions 558 x 455 x 710 mm441 x 410 x 680 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Construction MaterialPolypropylenePolypropylene