Don’t make a career out of designing milk frothers Aldi

I swear this thing can only handle a teaspoon of milk without spewing the whole thing out onto the bench top . Also awkward to clean. I wouldn’t recommend this one unless you like bulk foam with not much else.

Purchased in October 2020 for A$40.00.

SimonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't fault it!

Bought an ALDI Expressi coffee machine and milk frother from ALDI in September 2020. The frother works well, just add the required amount of milk, push the button and let it do its thing. It does hot or cold froth, nice and creamy, the hot function is hot enough for coffee, easy to clean, just wipe and rinse. As the manufacturer states on product don't submerge in water. This one appears to be an updated version compared to the one in the other reviews. If you have friends over you'll need to allow a minute between multiple uses for it to cool down or the thermostat shuts it down momentarily.

Purchased in September 2020 at Nambour for A$29.00.

Jamie T.

Jamie T.Sydney, NSW

I shouldn’t have been so cheap

I bought this frother in silver in Aug 2020. When I use it, it frothes way too much, so I can’t get enough milk into my cup. Even with the lid on, it spills out. So I thought if I take it off early, then I could get a balance of milk and froth. But if I take it off early, the milk is cold. Then I put more milk over the max froth level to see if I can get milk and froth. But it overflows (even though still under warming max) and doesn’t heat up enough! I wash it after every use. It has been 2 weeks of daily use. And I just have to settle for cooler coffee before I find another frother.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother compares to other Milk Frothers

Stopped working in one month

I purchased this from Aldi, but the heating element stopped functioning in one month. Worked fine until then! I have the warranty certificate, have notified manufacturer, but they are yet to offer me a replacement.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Mihye K.

Mihye K.Sydney, NSW

Stopped working after two uses, just returned it to Aldi.

First two times it worked perfectly on almond milk then it stopped frothing, I tried it with soy milk, almond milk but it refused to work. I just returned it to Aldi.

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for A$30.00.

Bad experience about to return it

Not a good product! It worked fine for a week and from then it’s temperamental- stops working or heating milk every other day. Also, it froths too much, read the manual carefully and retried couple of ways but no luck!

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$30.00.

theGirl

theGirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stops working well after a few goes

I thought for the price I’d give this a go.

While it doesn’t froth much milk at a time, I figured it would be fine for me as I live alone.

It worked amazing the first two times. I made sure I followed the instructions, only filling to the max line for frothing (I’m fully aware there is another higher max line for heating only). But on the third and fourth attempts the jug lid leaks.

I’ve double checked it’s on properly and on the right way. I’ve tried putting in less milk than the suggested max line. But it still spills out all over the counter.

I just use it now to heat the milk. Which is a little annoying as I love a frothy top!

Not a complete waste of money, but doesn’t do what it says it does.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Dawn W.

Dawn W.Perth, WA

Not understanding all these negative reviews

My frother using the small disc makes a perfect milk for two perfect coffees every morning. The big round one did make a mess is if I filled to max line but on minimum line made nice but very frothy milk with no mess. If it only lasts a year its vecause it only cosr $39 so i would just buy another one. Also it only burns if you don't wash it EVERY time. I dont understand everyone's problem

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for A$39.00.

Moks

MoksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You get what you pay for!

I bought this from ladi. You need to do 2 or more cycles for it to heat up a Milk. It still work for me as I have solar power but the waiting time is a pain:-(

Purchase: December 2019

Janet

JanetSydney, NSW

Easy to use, but short lifespan

Very reasonably priced at just under $ 30, easy to use & clean. I tend to use it for heating milk only, but not the frothing option. I mainly use on weekends when not in such a rush before work. However I’ve just purchased my 3rd Expressi milk frother in 3 years, as they just stop working for some reason. Luckily I always keep receipts & there is a 3 year warranty

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Carol Downing

Carol DowningCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good little product

I have owned the older model for a couple of years and love it. Does a great job and I would buy again. I have not tried the new design though....

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI for A$24.99.

shopper

shopperBendigo

Don't bother

Doenst make the milk hot enough but it does make a huge mess. It makes so much froth that it explodes, the lid doesn't contain it. Look for another brand.

Roger

RogerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Take care of it and it'll deliver

It's a lot cheaper than the $179 alternative I was looking at. Read the manual, it's very clear that it needs a good clean after each "action". So follow the instructions and it delivers each time. Personally I think it creates a little bit too much froth and I'd like a bit more heat but for the money, I'm really happy.

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Peter

Peter

makes a good froth for a good coffee

Glad I never read some of these reviews - produced great froth to a nice drinkable (hot) temperature. Seemed easy to clean - don't know about longevity yet but very happy overall.

Purchased at ALDI.

Not a lemon

Not a lemonSydney, NSW

Waste of space

Id prefer shaking milk in its own container it came in i didn't release how useless this thing is until i tried to donate it at a local charity and got rejected because they have boxes of brand new ones they cant sell

Beryle Morgan

Beryle MorganPerth, WA

Dissappointed

I purchased the Aldi milk frother last week and very disappointed. It has a spot where the milk burns on the base. The coffee tastes burnt - have tried different coffee pods and different milk. i will be returning the frother back to Aldi

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Shaun C.

Shaun C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The poor man pays twice

Model MMF-017E

A milk frother is a milk frother right? That’s what I thought so against my usual judgement I purchased this from ADLI and it is rubbish. Has a massive hot spot and the milk burns on the base all the time. I’ve thrown it out (after a couple
months) and purchased another milk frother that has been flawless and easy to clean.

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for A$30.00.

CaroleK

CaroleKThe Mallee, VIC

It worked once

I was mindful to follow all the instructions, and the first effort was great, milk was hot with plenty of froth. After using it was a pain to clean as Karen said previously. The second time I used this frother, it didn't heat properly, milk was only partially warm and despite filling to under the lower level, milk was spilling out from the lid, leaving me with another massive clean up. As Karen said, this unit is useless for purpose. It doesn't heat and doesn't froth and milk leaks out from the lid.

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Dee

DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

Initially did not froth but i changed from almond Milk to full Cream milk. Which makes sense because water would not froth so the milk had to have some substance.
Might be worth experimenting with different types of milk.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$29.99.

We have had two and they last about a year

I was given my first frother that someone never used. We had it about a year and it just stopped. We got a second and tested the new one on the old base and it worked, so the base wasn't the issue. After a year of using the new one, it quit too, same problem with the pitcher. Break once shame on you, break twice, shame on me... NOT getting a third strike

Purchased in October 2018 for A$45.00.

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020