Jenny
JennyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overfroths

I bought because nespresso can only handle one cup at a time and has to cool down before doing second. At half the price for double the volume - bargain i thought.

But this thing overfroths. It is the stiffest froth ever. V spout to make froth art? Have to spoon not pour. Ideally you need to stop it before its meant to end.

Heated fine, no overflowing.

Purchased in April 2021 for $49.99.

budandpig
budandpigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fabulous

I Have had this for 5 years and not a problem! For those who say it overflows have you tried using the smaller blade I simply can’t fault this frother.

Purchased in February 2016 at ALDI for $25.00.

Do not buy

Easily one of the worst frothers I have tried. Over froths, turns milk into foam. Milk not hot. And consistently bad as parents bought one too and same issue. Do not buy

Leslie D.
Leslie D.

Works well for bargain price

I’ve had one for these for several years. Froths and heats my milk nicely. Clean up well. Doesn’t not get as much milk stuck as The Nespresso one it replaced. Never overflows unless you over fill. Choice of 2 fritters late and cappuccino. Great for the price.

Purchased in June 2018 at ALDI for $29.00.

Lisa H.
Lisa H.South East Queensland, QLD

Don’t cry over spilled milk.

Waste of money - spills milk all over your bench every. single. time. I even adhered to the lower min/max lines. Needs a total redesign. I’ll be taking mine back to ALDI today.

Purchased in March 2021 for $29.99.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
Matthew C.
Matthew C.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

have bought 3 in the last 12 months yet they're suppose to have a 3 year warranty yet they break after a couple of months of daily use, total waste of money

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI for $30.00.

Burns all the time

Terrible to clean scalds milk overflows even with a tiny bit of milk I hardly ever use it admittedly they may have refined it since 2018 when I bought it

TravelHutt
TravelHuttSydney

Just not a good product overall

I’ve purchased two or these because of convenience.
Neither one of them has lasted two years.
Cleaning is difficult as it easily gains burnt milk grime at the bottom which as the product ages you have to scratch off.
Honestly- it’s good if you’re on holiday and need a frother - otherwise invest in a more expensive one you’ll get your monies worth

Purchased for $29.00.

EmR1011
EmR1011

Don’t make a career out of designing milk frothers Aldi

I swear this thing can only handle a teaspoon of milk without spewing the whole thing out onto the bench top . Also awkward to clean. I wouldn’t recommend this one unless you like bulk foam with not much else.

Purchased in October 2020 for $40.00.

Simon
SimonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't fault it!

Bought an ALDI Expressi coffee machine and milk frother from ALDI in September 2020. The frother works well, just add the required amount of milk, push the button and let it do its thing. It does hot or cold froth, nice and creamy, the hot function is hot enough for coffee, easy to clean, just wipe and rinse. As the manufacturer states on product don't submerge in water. This one appears to be an updated version compared to the one in the other reviews. If you have friends over you'll need to allow a minute between multiple uses for it to cool down or the thermostat shuts it down momentarily.

Purchased in September 2020 at Nambour for $29.00.

Jamie T.
Jamie T.Sydney, NSW

I shouldn’t have been so cheap

I bought this frother in silver in Aug 2020. When I use it, it frothes way too much, so I can’t get enough milk into my cup. Even with the lid on, it spills out. So I thought if I take it off early, then I could get a balance of milk and froth. But if I take it off early, the milk is cold. Then I put more milk over the max froth level to see if I can get milk and froth. But it overflows (even though still under warming max) and doesn’t heat up enough! I wash it after every use. It has been 2 weeks of daily use. And I just have to settle for cooler coffee before I find another frother.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for $29.00.

Stopped working in one month

I purchased this from Aldi, but the heating element stopped functioning in one month. Worked fine until then! I have the warranty certificate, have notified manufacturer, but they are yet to offer me a replacement.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for $29.99.

Mihye K.
Mihye K.Sydney, NSW

Stopped working after two uses, just returned it to Aldi.

First two times it worked perfectly on almond milk then it stopped frothing, I tried it with soy milk, almond milk but it refused to work. I just returned it to Aldi.

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for $30.00.

Bad experience about to return it

Not a good product! It worked fine for a week and from then it’s temperamental- stops working or heating milk every other day. Also, it froths too much, read the manual carefully and retried couple of ways but no luck!

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for $30.00.

theGirl
theGirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stops working well after a few goes

I thought for the price I’d give this a go.

While it doesn’t froth much milk at a time, I figured it would be fine for me as I live alone.

It worked amazing the first two times. I made sure I followed the instructions, only filling to the max line for frothing (I’m fully aware there is another higher max line for heating only). But on the third and fourth attempts the jug lid leaks.

I’ve double checked it’s on properly and on the right way. I’ve tried putting in less milk than the suggested max line. But it still spills out all over the counter.

I just use it now to heat the milk. Which is a little annoying as I love a frothy top!

Not a complete waste of money, but doesn’t do what it says it does.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for $29.99.

Nazeli
Nazeliasked
Expressi Milk Frother

How I can change cold to hot mode?

monkgoose107
monkgoose107asked
Expressi Milk Frother

I want to purchase the little black paddle that fits in the Aldi Milk Frother.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

OK

Linda
Lindaasked
Expressi Large Milk Frother (500ml, May 2020)

Is this coming out again for mothers day 2021?

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Expressi Milk Frother

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020