Dont buy it

Shocking, worked great for a few weeks & it's now in the bin. I wouldn't buy another electrical product from Aldi. The coffee pods were good but weithout frofth it's useless.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $29.00.

Does not froth well.

I had returned my milk frothier to Aldi as it was not working well. It was replaced and at first it frothed up beautifully but after a short time it started to not froth or heat well again. I am considering buying another brand. Did any one else have this problem with the Aldi milk frothier.

Purchased in January 2019.

Best in the market at such a good price.

Can’t live without it!!!!!! The people that are saying it only warms milk and doesn’t froth aren’t using the product correctly. You have to click the black little spinner into the milk frother jug so that it has something to froth with. It’s on the instructions!!! Once you get it I promise you will fall in love with this product! Morning coffees have never been the same.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Perfect, can't live without it!

I can no longer have dairy or soy, so almond milk is it, if you have ever had almond milk in an instant coffee you'll know how terrible it is. The almond milk lattes are lovely in a cafe, so I figured that a frother was going to be the answer to my dilemma. After reading many reviews the Aldo Milk Frother seemed to be the best value for money reliable milk frother on the market. As I don't have an Aldi near by, I sourced one from Ebay, it was refurbished and included postage at $17.00, bit of a bargain!
It's remarkably easy to use, and makes just enough for my one cup of coffee each day. It's also does the cappuccino froth which makes perfect baby chinos, not dairy for my grandchildren, they love it!
All up, I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Did not do what it claims

Very disappointed with this product all it did was warm the milk and no froth. Tried it on both heat and cold setting but same result. Could of done the same putting milk in microwave. Have read some of the other reviews some say different milk can make a difference and some actually say that it froths great. Wish it had of worked Returned to ALDI for refund.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Amazing value for money, use every day without issue.

This device is perfect at what it claims to do, if used according to the manual there is no issues whatsoever with the operation of this product. It has many useful features and is definitely worth the asking price.

The frothing is consistently good and it can even froth cold.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good value and excellent machine

I have now owned this frother for about 4 years, it still works perfectly every time. I am very happy with it. I have recently purchased a new coffee maker, which came with a frother, it is a brand name, and is about 4 times more expensive, and it is totally worse. Yes the lid can leak, (put in less milk), and yes the milk can stick to the bottom, (clean it out, no hassle) The expensive version has all the same negatives plus some of its own. So all in all, I would choose the cheaper Aldi frother.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Disappointed

Bought this milk frothing jug some months ago, I was disappointed because I prefer my milk to be “hot”.. the temperature seems too low for my taste, but the rest of my family & their kids love it! Can’t complain about the froth, it’s great!! My grandies all love hot chocolate so this particular item gets a good workout when ever they visit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Quick and easy to use & clean

Love this product, great for the price! I use it every day and haven't had a problem other than I don't find it heats the milk up enough for me as I do enjoy a "hot" drink BUT then again that's the way "hot" drinks are sold in shops now (they seem luke warm) so it's a reason I don't go out and pay extra $$$ for a half cold hot chocolate or chai! With this I actually put my milk in a small jug in the microwave to heat while I have a small amount of milk in this - the milk takes about the same time to heat in the microwave as the frothing does so then I can fill my mug with the hot milk from the microwave and then top it up with the FANTASTIC froth that comes out of this - is enough froth for 2-3 cups really. I always used the microwave before to make my hot chocolates but really missed the froth however now I can have it all - I use whole milk and it really does the trick when it comes to making a beautiful froth. I'm not a coffee drinker myself but guests love it for their cappuccinos so it's got a thumbs up from me. Really easy to clean (I just wipe it with a cloth) and I've had no problems with leaking - it has markers on the inside (which are a bit hard to see at times) so if you overfill you'll probably get it leaking because of the amount of froth it makes so I suggest keep below the highest line and you'll have no problems - only use the highest line when you're using the late tool as you won't get the excess froth that will make it spill out the top.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Crap, Seal Keeps Leaking

Returned the first frother due to the seal issue. Staff were great and replaced item, unfortunately that didn't fix the issue with seal equally faulty in second one.

Lid seal constantly leaks so you put less and less milk into the frother until you have to do 2-3 uses to get a normal cup of coffee.

When I actually use this item I don't use the lid, whats the point in cleaning something that doesn't do its job.

Now it sits in the garage until called up to make the occassional cappuccino.

Easy to clean though :D

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Short life span

I loved this frother it’s great for the price however I am on to my third unit in 3 months. I have been following all cleaning directions and never getting it wet. Only issue I can think is we use it on average 3 times a day but really that shouldn’t be an issue.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

good frother for the price

bought this in jan18 and used it for approx. 2 months. It does a really good job of frothing milk with the frothing attachment and good froth from the other attachment for latte. What I don't like about it is it's a pain to clean. The milk has a tendency to burn on the bottom which doesn't affect the taste but cleaning is not easy. I also don't like that you can only make enough for 1 coffee at a time which is not good when you have guests as you need to allow a few minutes in between frothing. I bought an adesso frother which is way better and my aldi frother has been put away in the cupboard.

Useless

Milk barely warm and have to reheat in microwave. Capacity is way below that stated. Barely enough to fill a small coffee cup. Milk overflows when heating and leaves a burnt milk residue on the non-stick surface. Got this one to replace another that had stopped working. Won't be buying same again.

Does a goog job

Mine is badged as 'Heller' but it is the same model as the Aldi frother. Works well, it replaced the Delonghi frother attached to the machine which burnt out and was always failing. This frother never burns the milk, right temp for me and has stood the test of time, got 2 of them, both still going strong

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Long term review is good

I've had one of these from Aldi a few years now, and while I don't use it every week, it has lasted well and done a good job. I use the smaller beater, the one without spring, and fill it to the upper mark. The only slight criticism I'd make is that it doesn't heat quite enough, but I get around that by preheating the mug.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

I love this milk frother! Thanks Aldi.

This milk frother is perfect for 1 person / cup of coffee. It warms and froths just lightly after one press of the button. If you prefer very warm/hot milk, you may want to zap it before or after but I find after 2 cycles, its perfectly warm and beautifully frothy. It's easy to clean thanks to the non-stick surface inside - and it should be cleaned after every use because there is a milk scum left on the surface after heating. Never over fill past the max frothing line (like I did) or, despite the rubber seal lid, the milk will froth up under the seal through the spout on the jug. No complaints about this little beauty!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Its a great value option to upgrade your morning

Never a big fan of plain long white coffee until this. Nice finish, stylish looks, functions.

One button, two options. Quick press to froth/heat, Long press to froth without heat. Getting the initial level right is key, always use the lid as it WILL spray milk everywhere. The springy frother (cappuccino) lives in the draw, the paddle works well for a nice latte.

Cleaning is a pain though. The heater element leaves a film on the bottom of the reservoir, which needs to be removed before re-use. I've taken to using a paper towel after a quick water rinse, picks up the milk solids and leaves clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Cheap milk frother

Cheap milk frother. Using the paddle attachment supplies the milk is not the foamy. Using the whisk attachment, milk is too frothy. Not much a in between. Easy to clean, just be careful you don't lose the attachment in the sink. Does the job if just want a warm milk with no hassle to make your coffee a little extra.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Awesome

I was all prepared to purchase an expensive milk frother when I came across this one for $28. I thought why not give it a try for that price. It’s amazing it froths and heats the milk to anyone’s liking, it’s whisper quiet and very easy to operate and clean. It’ll have your milk warmed and frothed before a full kettle has boiled. There are options to just warm the milk, not warm the frothing milk and to choose the amount of froth. I could not recommend this product enough :)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

So easy to use and great for soy and regular milk

The Expressi Milk Frother is easy to use and clean. Filled to the max level, it makes a perfect mug of coffee in conjunction with the Expressi Coffee machine. I always get the milk warming first as it takes a bit longer than the coffee machine's operation time.

For ease of cleaning, I always run cold water in it to cool the base heating plate and the milk residue wipes off with little effort.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

How well does it froth skim milk .
I feel you need full cream milk to froth. I found my did not froth very well nor heat sufficiently. I took it back to Aldi and was replaced as I had my receipt and was under 2 years warranty. This one frothed beautifully the first few days and then went back to the original problem.. I was getting fed up so i looked at reviews. I decided on a Breville one from Amazon Australia free delivery at $129. Quite expensive but seems worth the money going by the reviews. When I ordered it online my Aldi one decided to froth again but will probably have more problems. If so I will return it to Aldi for a refund. I want to enjoy my coffee without it overfliowing, not heating well or not frothing properly. The coffee machine is fine and capsules cheap.I use mine for Almond milk and it froths beautifully as long as I use one particular brand of milk, Almond Breeze. When using regular dairy milk for friends I find it has quite a thick consistency, so I’d say that skim milk may froth similar to almond milk, a little lighter than regular full fat dairy milk. I love mine, I’ve never had any issues with it and I purchased it as a refurbished model from eBay.

My milk frother overflows when I fill it to the top maximum line, I have followed the instructions in the manual. Does anyone else have this problem?
If I fill mine to the top maximum level and use the little stirrer attachment with the spiral ring it does overflow. Using the other one without the spiral ring, it doesn’t overflow. However I only use almond milk in mine and dairy could make it frothier. When I make a cappuccino, I’ll heat the milk with the smaller laté attachment to the max level, then use the spiral attachment to the minimum level to make the cappuccino froth.

How do I get the whisk out of the frother?
Just lift it straight up, it’s a little firm to start but it will lift up and off.

Release dateSep 2012