85% · 232 · 7%
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
4.4
Dry Weather Handling
Brand Manager for Falken? Claim your listing.

domie48
domie48Metropolitan Adelaide, SA34 posts

Good wear but

I liked these tyres from the start.
So far great wear but they have commenced tyre road noise to excessive.
I’ve had the pressures put up, I’ve had them rotated and over the last 10,000k they sound like a wheel bearing is gone but it’s not. Just the excessive tyre noise.
I won’t buy them again because of the noise. Show details
NinjaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA23 posts

• +2Thumbnail
Holinger
HolingerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Very High grip, good ride, too noisey

Very happy with overall grip in wet and dry. But noise above 40kmh is not good. Ride is excellent. Comparable hankook or Bridgestone is much quieter. Again, handling is very good.  Show details
Andrew Nguyen
Andrew NguyenPerth, WA119 posts

Noisy

Replaced 4 tyres on my Holden late last month. We are now 2000km in and 1200km of those on country and gravel roads.

The Ze914 is noisy compared to my previous Goodyear. On both country and city road the handling is as good if not better then previous tyre. They gripped very well both on cornering and emergency stop for wildlife.

The weather been hot so no comment on the wet condition. However I was very impressed how it gripped on unsealed road.

As for durability only tile will tell. For now I am happy with the overall performance but the noise is off putting. Show details

Pourdo
PourdoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great performer and value for money

I live in inner suburbs Melbourne, so not a performance driver, but from the moment these tyres were fitted to my Lexus I noticed the difference! Honestly, it was like my car had been upgraded. Road noise was significantly reduced, bumps felt much softer, and when the car rolled, it rolled much longer before loosing speed. Ecorun works and I did notice better mileage.
In the first 6 months I was enjoying riding harder around the few S-bends in the wet and dry, always felt like the car had awesome grip to the road; OK, I got over it, I'm behaving myself again.
A big thanks to earlier reviewers who convinced me to go with the Falken ZE914. Show details
PaulS
PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD122 posts

Paul C.
Paul C.AU35 posts
Daniel D Lay
Daniel D LayBonnyrigg11 posts

Good tyres

My car is usually very sensitive but with these tyres it minimises the bumps.
The tyres run smoothly and good brake control.
Only owned the tyres for a 9 months, all is good except one tyre is starting to crack. Show details
SandyGSouth Brisbane224 posts

High quality Value for money

Purchased a set of these tyres after they were recommended by a local tyre shop. Terrific price point and far more aggressive tread pattern. Road hold in wet and dry is excellent and handling is precise with better turn in than Dunlop's I had. Tread depth seems a lot deeper when comparing with other brand name tyre's which was surprising. Falken is a Japanese owned performance tyre company that also gives you a mileage guarantee of 60,000km. Ride wise they are really smooth, Quiet and comfortable. Show details
derek l.
derek l.Perth, WA

So good!

Fitted to Jaguar Sovereign. Most impressed after 10k kms, drives like the day they were fitted, perfect balance, steering and ride with no sign of edge feathering or tyre wear. Quiet on freeway and most surfaces; still waiting for it to rain to check wet weather performance. Show details
Mark47
Mark47ADELAIDE12 posts

Wise Choice

My ride is a Falcon G6E Turbo so a lot of torque to rears using normally which is all the time. I've had others before these but can't fault the Falken ZE214's recommended by the dealer. Quiet, vg handling wet and dry, long wearing and great value. Compared to other higher profile brands, these are better and for less cost . Did i mention quiet? Show details
Rigs
RigsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

Surprisingly good

I bought these in the 235/40R18 size, fitted to a large sports sedan. Purchased 6 months ago, and have done plenty of miles during that time. I've found them to have sufficient grip cornering on winding country roads, and the noise and durability seem to be good for a tyre at this price point (I paid about $155ea).

I'd say they are a good choice for those who want to balance dependable performance with longevity. Would certainly consider buying them again. Show details ·  1

Brett H.
Brett H.Launceston, TAS6 posts

Great tyres, great price

I needed to replace original Bridgestone tyres (45K kms) on our Subaru Outback. I searched the options and found that Falken offered best value (buy 4 get one free deal). After 3,000km in all weather, these tyres are great to drive on.

I would recommend these tyres, dealer said to expect 60K kms if rotated every 10K kms.

Show details

Barbara
BarbaraSydney Surrounds, NSW31 posts

Good tyres, handles corners well, good in wet too!

Like these tyres, the price was good and included fitting (if you wanted). The online site was: Tyresales.com.au and it was really easy to navigate and purchase, then you can pick your fitting centre and delivery date. Was a good experience. Tyres are very good.

ethan
ethan6 posts

Really impressed so far!

I’ve only had these for a week or 2, so I can’t vouch for their long-term performance, but I’ve been really impressed with how quiet & grippy they are. The Continentals that were on the car from factory we’re comparatively noisy & it looks like I’m getting slightly better fuel consumption now too. I’ve not done any hard cornering in the wet or anything yet, but these give great grip off the line in my twin-charged VW... only the tiniest bit of slip if I floor it in sports mode!

Great value for money when I bought them too - buy 3, get the 4th free.

Show details

Ninja

Anyone experience cracking on the outside wall of the tyre? 3 out of 4 tyres have this issue but the inside wall looks fine! What would cause this, have only had for 3 years and not many kms and tread is still really good.

Michael B.
Michael B.

Are the Falken ZE914 tyres reliable on dirt roads which are fitted to a manual 2010 Xtrail 4wd

No, they are a bitumen tyre only, You require FALKEN WILDPEAK tyres

Fred
Fred

I note the fitment of the Falken Ziex ZE914 on a Ford Fiesta above. The variant isn't mentioned, but I have a Zetec and the Falken's not available in the standard 195/45R16 size. I'd have to go the the 205/45R16 size to be able to fit the Falkens. They are definitely a contender, although the slight change in width might make a difference in fuel economy. I also note claims for improved fuel economy and wonder if reviewers are changing profile or width- which effects both speedometer and odometer. The width change noted above, with the same profile, gives a ~1.5% change in speedo reading (lower- but they're always optimistic and my Fiesta's no different). I've changed a profile upwards with same diameter, on other cars, for a 3.5% reduction in speed reading- but the odometer went the other way. Onboard computers often give optimistic fuel economy too- our Renault Koleos consistently reads 0.5 l/100km lower than the figure worked out from the trip meter (1% accuracy) and the litres in the fill.