Falken Ziex ZE914

Falken Ziex ZE914

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Falken? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Holinger
HolingerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very High grip, good ride, too noisey

Very happy with overall grip in wet and dry. But noise above 40kmh is not good. Ride is excellent. Comparable hankook or Bridgestone is much quieter. Again, handling is very good.

Purchased in April 2020 at Thr1ve for $282.00.

Andrew Nguyen
Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

Noisy

Replaced 4 tyres on my Holden late last month. We are now 2000km in and 1200km of those on country and gravel roads.

The Ze914 is noisy compared to my previous Goodyear. On both country and city road the handling is as good if not better then previous tyre. They gripped very well both on cornering and emergency stop for wildlife.

The weather been hot so no comment on the wet condition. However I was very impressed how it gripped on unsealed road.

As for durability only tile will tell. For now I am happy with the overall performance but the noise is off putting.

Purchased in September 2020 at City Discount Tyres for $479.00.

Pourdo
PourdoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great performer and value for money

I live in inner suburbs Melbourne, so not a performance driver, but from the moment these tyres were fitted to my Lexus I noticed the difference! Honestly, it was like my car had been upgraded. Road noise was significantly reduced, bumps felt much softer, and when the car rolled, it rolled much longer before loosing speed. Ecorun works and I did notice better mileage.
In the first 6 months I was enjoying riding harder around the few S-bends in the wet and dry, always felt like the car had awesome grip to the road; OK, I got over it, I'm behaving myself again.
A big thanks to earlier reviewers who convinced me to go with the Falken ZE914.

Purchased in April 2019 for $110.00.

PaulS
PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievably GOOD in the wet. And economical too.

Purchased in July 2019 at Tyrepower for $108.00.

Paul C.
Paul C.AU

Unbelievably bad in the wet

Purchased in January 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Daniel D Lay
Daniel D LayBonnyrigg

Good tyres

My car is usually very sensitive but with these tyres it minimises the bumps.
The tyres run smoothly and good brake control.
Only owned the tyres for a 9 months, all is good except one tyre is starting to crack.

Purchased in May 2019 at JAX Tyres for $161.00.

SandyGSouth Brisbane

High quality Value for money

Purchased a set of these tyres after they were recommended by a local tyre shop. Terrific price point and far more aggressive tread pattern. Road hold in wet and dry is excellent and handling is precise with better turn in than Dunlop's I had. Tread depth seems a lot deeper when comparing with other brand name tyre's which was surprising. Falken is a Japanese owned performance tyre company that also gives you a mileage guarantee of 60,000km. Ride wise they are really smooth, Quiet and comfortable.

Purchased in August 2019.

derek l.
derek l.Perth, WA

So good!

Fitted to Jaguar Sovereign. Most impressed after 10k kms, drives like the day they were fitted, perfect balance, steering and ride with no sign of edge feathering or tyre wear. Quiet on freeway and most surfaces; still waiting for it to rain to check wet weather performance.

Purchased in January 2019 at Ian Diffen for $700.00.

Mark47ADELAIDE

Wise Choice

My ride is a Falcon G6E Turbo so a lot of torque to rears using normally which is all the time. I've had others before these but can't fault the Falken ZE214's recommended by the dealer. Quiet, vg handling wet and dry, long wearing and great value. Compared to other higher profile brands, these are better and for less cost . Did i mention quiet?

Purchased in September 2017 at Tyrepower.

RigsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Surprisingly good

I bought these in the 235/40R18 size, fitted to a large sports sedan. Purchased 6 months ago, and have done plenty of miles during that time. I've found them to have sufficient grip cornering on winding country roads, and the noise and durability seem to be good for a tyre at this price point (I paid about $155ea).

I'd say they are a good choice for those who want to balance dependable performance with longevity. Would certainly consider buying them again.

Purchased in August 2018.

Brett H.
Brett H.Launceston, TAS

Great tyres, great price

I needed to replace original Bridgestone tyres (45K kms) on our Subaru Outback. I searched the options and found that Falken offered best value (buy 4 get one free deal). After 3,000km in all weather, these tyres are great to drive on.
I would recommend these tyres, dealer said to expect 60K kms if rotated every 10K kms.

CarSubaru Outback 2016

Barbara
BarbaraSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good tyres, handles corners well, good in wet too!

Like these tyres, the price was good and included fitting (if you wanted). The online site was: Tyresales.com.au and it was really easy to navigate and purchase, then you can pick your fitting centre and delivery date. Was a good experience. Tyres are very good.

ethan
ethan

Really impressed so far!

I’ve only had these for a week or 2, so I can’t vouch for their long-term performance, but I’ve been really impressed with how quiet & grippy they are. The Continentals that were on the car from factory we’re comparatively noisy & it looks like I’m getting slightly better fuel consumption now too. I’ve not done any hard cornering in the wet or anything yet, but these give great grip off the line in my twin-charged VW... only the tiniest bit of slip if I floor it in sports mode!
Great value for money when I bought them too - buy 3, get the 4th free.

CarVw Polo GTI
Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Tyres at a Great Price

We had Dunlop Tyres on our 2008 Lexus RX 350 and were a very good tyre. We bought the Falkens on a recommendation from a friend and there was a Buy 4 / Pay for 3 offer in August 2018. These tyres are quiet and handle very well. We have taken them on dirt and gravel roads out in Regional Vic and have found them to handle well. We have been told to rotate them every 10000kms. Highly recommend them and would buy them again. Great Tyre and Great Service from the guys that supplied the Tyres in Springvale

Car2008 Lexus RX 350 - Tyre Size 235/55/18
Johnny Boy
Johnny BoyPerth, WA

These tyres have great traction and have actually increased my fuel mileage!

Car2005 Rav4

Michael B.
Michael B.asked

Are the Falken ZE914 tyres reliable on dirt roads which are fitted to a manual 2010 Xtrail 4wd

No, they are a bitumen tyre only, You require FALKEN WILDPEAK tyres

Fred
Fredasked

I note the fitment of the Falken Ziex ZE914 on a Ford Fiesta above. The variant isn't mentioned, but I have a Zetec and the Falken's not available in the standard 195/45R16 size. I'd have to go the the 205/45R16 size to be able to fit the Falkens. They are definitely a contender, although the slight change in width might make a difference in fuel economy. I also note claims for improved fuel economy and wonder if reviewers are changing profile or width- which effects both speedometer and odometer. The width change noted above, with the same profile, gives a ~1.5% change in speedo reading (lower- but they're always optimistic and my Fiesta's no different). I've changed a profile upwards with same diameter, on other cars, for a 3.5% reduction in speed reading- but the odometer went the other way. Onboard computers often give optimistic fuel economy too- our Renault Koleos consistently reads 0.5 l/100km lower than the figure worked out from the trip meter (1% accuracy) and the litres in the fill.

John
Johnasked

Is the ziex ze914 a SUV tyre

SandyG

No it's not FALKEN has an SUV tyre though the FALKEN WILDPEAK which is a great tyre as I have put them on the wife's SUV

Mark47

Hi John. Don't think so mine are on a Falcon FG Turbo, low profile. Suggest look at other Falken sizes. Very good tyre. Much less road noise than say Pirelli, Goodyear etc and no difference in performance to me.

Hope this helps