DC, LED

• Power

All four fans make clicking noises especially when slightest breeze from outside.

Purchased a house with 4 of these already installed. They all make clicking noises when their is a slight breeze or just randomly. The noise is enough to keep you awake.
Contacted Mercator and discussed the problem.
When talking to them the first thing they said was thier not covered under warranty.
Then they suggested I send a video of the fans making the noise, Which I did. All I recieved in return was the video got emailed back to me a few weeks later with no response.
These fans are approximately 3 and a half years old and cost over $400 each.
So poor warranty service.
Shouldn’t $400 dollar fans last more than 3.5 years???.
Fanco 54” ceiling fans Model FC810143 series
DC with remote controllers.

matt c.

matt c.Sydney, NSW

Great DC Fan

Great fan, it's quiet and has a good range of speed. I bought two of them and loved them so much i ended up buying another forth spare room. Great amount of power. The only thing i found unusual was the remote is black but that didn't worry me that much.

Purchased in June 2020 at Universal Fans.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Matt, glad to hear you liked them so much!

LeanneCentral Queensland, QLD

Happy customer

Exactly as described very modern looking and very quite. Would definitely recommend them. They arrived on time and we had a follow up phone call asking how everything was so good customer service as well.

Purchased in July 2020 at Universal Fans.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thank-you Leanne, this is great to hear!

Kathryn DCanberra 2600, ACT

Four Infinity Fans all Faulty - Clicking noises

2 Infinity DC fans installed in Sept 2019. The fans constantly clicked and it was impossible to sleep. Manufacturer, Mercator, replaced them with 2 new Infinity fans, same problem occurred.

Purchased in September 2019 at Fansonline for A$389.00.

Kathryn D

It has been resolved thanks. I had a different brand of ceiling fans installed.

PhilSydney, NSW

Disappointed

We bought 2 of these fans for a 7.5 x 5 metre al fresco area, the choice being largely based on the Choice recommendation. Its IP24 rating made me think it would be good for outdoor use. They look great and are very quiet. However, even on the highest setting we can feel very little airflow from them, so we don't tend to bother using them. We were told by the suppliers that the fans have a low to medium airflow and high airflow fans would have suited us better. Maybe the fans would be better for indoor use where a strong airflow isn't needed..

Purchased in December 2019 at Ceiling Fans Warehouse for A$394.00.

Great fan

The fan is Super quiet and very Easy to install. Very stable and easy to put together. It has Great air movement and the light is super bright and clear

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Alex, thanks so much for your feedback!

Eleni

EleniMelbourne

Great looks - Quiet performance!

Amazing fan! Simple but stylish and has become quite the feature in my home. It's so quiet too! A perfect breeze and great on those hot nights! Would highly recommend to anyone.

Purchased in August 2018 at Universal Fans.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Eleni, sounds like the Infinity is perfect for you!

Mim

Mim

Love the slim design and quiet operation

Although we had some issues with one of the remote control units of the three fans purchased, we were very happy with the after sales service provided by the seller. We are extremely happy with the design and operation of the fans. The slim design offered a solution to ventilating a space with a low ceiling.

Purchased in November 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Mim, it's great to hear that our reseller looked after you and that you love the way the fan's are designed. Thanks so much for letting us know!

Jenzo

JenzoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Best

We needed a fan for our cabin in the bush. This was the perfect size to push the air conditioning from another room into our bedroom. Perfect for those days when warm but not warm enough for air con. Very quiet & easy to use. I would recommended this product & the customer service was beyond good.

Purchased in November 2018 at Fansonline for A$339.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Jenzo,we're glad that the Infinity is helping you enjoy your cabin =)

Very happy purchaser

I purchased two of these from Universal Fans in Melbourne. They are so sleek and stylish, can hardly notice them. Oh so quiet and good air movement. Highly recommended fan.

Purchased in October 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks SCKiwi, we're glad that you like it =)

Maria SoK

Maria SoKSydney, NSW

Better than expected purchase

I purchased 2 fans on line on behave of an elderly neighbour, who was not use to buying items she hadn’t actually seen. The experience was so positive, super fast delivery and the fans are better than expected, so quiet, thank you.

Purchased in July 2019 at Fansonline for A$400.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Maria, it's so lovely to hear that you're helping your neighbour out. We're really glad that both of you are happy with the experience =)

Gavin O.

Gavin O.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Product

Great fan and looks sleek! Would recommend installing this on a deck for anyone looking to install or upgrade their existing fan. Was easy to install as well as looking great.

Purchased at Ceiling Fans Warehouse.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Gavin, we agree with you 100%! The Infinity is an excellent fan for a deck =)

Subtropical

SubtropicalSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very good product

These fans are stylish and functional...the whisper quiet operation on low speeds is perfect for night time use, and the range of air speeds available is ideal for most situations.

Purchased in June 2019 at Fansonline for A$390.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks, it sounds like the Infinity is a great fan for you!

Very happy

The fan is excellent and the service and speed of delivery the best I have experienced online.The fan was delivered the day after I ordered it, great communication i was informrd the day I ordered that it had been picked and despatched.

Purchased in May 2019.

Thanks Terry =)

Tim C.

Tim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Very happy with new fan

I purchased this fan for a small bedroom and so far I have no complaints whatsoever.
It's very quiet compared to the old fan even on the highest speed. LED light is great. Bit of an adjustment using the remote instead of wall switch. I would definitely recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Fansonline for A$339.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Tim, this is great to hear, and if we can ever be of assistance to you email us service@fanco.com.au

Gillian

GillianNew South Wales

Very happy with our Infinity fan

The fan was easy to install and works very well. I love the remote control that was included. I can definitely recommend to the fan and I’m so glad I bought it.

Purchased in April 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Gillian - we're glad you bought it too! But we're even happier that you like it :)

Diane Bonnici

Diane Bonnici

Excellent fan ! Great profile and so quiet.

Great profile, super quiet and stylish.Couldn't be happier with product and Choice recommendation made the decision so much easier. Purchasing online was smooth. Courier delivered on time and there was no problem with item. Packaged carefully and was a breeze to have installed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Fansonline for A$369.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Diane, thanks for leaving such a lovely review!

Bel

BelSydney, NSW

Great for small rooms

Purchased in December 2018 at Lumera Living for A$339.00.

Fan tastic

Fan tasticGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy Fan

I bought 3 fans. The electrician install them for me. There are nice looking with 3 blades only. They are quiet and very effective. We leave them all night. They are economical to run and cool the bedrooms. One was making noise and was replaced promptly. The service provided from "Universal Fans" was excellent.

Purchased in February 2017 at Universal Fans.

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Stylish, Quiet and effective

This is a low profile fan with three blades which helps it look very stylish. It is quiet, with virtually no wobble even at top speed. Easy to operate with the remote control warmer light for the bedroomand a speed for everything from just moving the air to the warmest of nights. I would have preferred a slightly warmer light for a bedroom.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Chrisasked

Fanco Infinity-I

Could someone (Fanco?) please specify the replacement LEDs are for these? And their cost? How long do they last?

I want to be assured that it will be possible for an electrician to replace the LEDs when they inevitably wear out without having to replace the entire fan.

Hi Chris
Thanks for this great question!
Across our current range including the Infinity, you will be able to source a replacement as a spare part from a stockist, and most (including this one) of these need to be replaced by an electrician. Certainly, as models do change over the years, it might be harder to source parts in several years. To give you some context around LED lights, these are quality lights and some deemed to be long-lasting (between 25,000 to 30,000 hours!). This is similar to most fans on the market.
The exciting news is that we have heard and taken on board our customer feedback on this! For the new range of DC fans we are launching over the next few months, we have developed a light kit that has an isolated driver, meaning it is safe for any customer to replace themselves, and the panels will be readily available to buy from our stockists in-store and online for around $20 retail. So you can even buy a spare or two straight up! These lights kits have also been improved and are CCT and dimmable.
Please check our new models and email us at sales@fanco.com.au for more details.

Chris

Thanks for the answer. Are the $20 replacement kits able to be retroactively fitted to the Infinity-I DC fans currently on sale now?

For the specific replacement LED array that must be installed by an electrician, could you please post the precise part number, specs and its cost?

I want to be assured that these devices won't end up landfill once the LEDs stop working.

Hi Chris
Thanks, we just replied to your email with all that information – as mentioned, the new model will not be compatible with the old model, but we can certainly assist with part numbers and pricing of the panel for the current model.

Rista B.

Rista B.asked

Fanco Infinity-I

We bought an Infinity-i DC Low Profile Ceiling Fan With LED Light & Remote - White 48" from fansonline.com.au. After a week it stopped working. We have tried resetting the remote, but nothing happens. Does anyone know why this could have happened?

Kathryn D

Wow. I don’t know why that would have happened, but I had big problems with tapping sounds from the Infinity fans. I had 2 installed, sounds started straight away, then they replaced them with another 2, same sounds. Supplier admitted they had found a design flaw. These are not good quality fans, despite the Choice review. I ended up getting a different brand (Aeratron).

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi, @Rista we won't be able to resolve this over product review - so we would advise that you contact the warranty team for troubleshooting assistance. You can either email service@fanco.com.au for assistance or find further information here https://www.fanco.com.au/warranty/.

This is not related to the batch issue which Kathryn mentioned - which is now resolved and doesn't impact recent shipments of Infinitys. We'd encourage anyone experiencing this issue with an Infinity they've bought in the past to contact us directly at the above email address for assistance.

Leanne

I would contact them as I found there customer service team excellent. Just recently installed Dc eco silent fans and there are working a treat.

Wavyasked

Fanco Infinity-I

Can the light bulb be replaced?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Wavy, the Infinity’s light is covered by its own 12 month warranty. Like all LEDs it has a much longer life expectancy than traditional light bulbs. However if you need to replace the light after the warranty period, you can source a replacement part from your place of purchase. Keep in mind that you will need a licensed electrician to swap the light over as the it needs to be integrated into the fan. If you would prefer a fan with a light you can replace yourself, we have another option for you. Our Urban 2 AC fan is available with an E27 fitting which is easy to find in supermarkets and other places selling light bulbs. Hope this helps!

Great thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Fanco Australia representatives

Features:

• A reversible summer/winter function lets you use this ceiling fan for both cooling in the summer months, as well as keeping warm when it’s chilly outside. During winter, air is directed from the top of the room back down to where you’re waiting for the warmth. Simply use the remote to change season mode.
  • The Infinity-I DC Fan is suitable for both indoor and undercover outdoor use – as it is IP 24 rated.
  • Optional inclusion of LED lights within the centre of your ceiling fan provides a lighting solution as well as a refreshing cooling function. However, the ceiling fan fitted with the LED light cannot be installed outdoors. The LED-light version also has fewer speeds; 3 settings compared to the DC model’s 6 speed settings.
  • Available in four finishes; black with timber-look blades, black chrome with timber-look blades, just black, and white.

Feedback from reviewers about the Fanco Infinity-I Range:

• Most reviewers appreciated how quietly these fans operated, and most were happy with the breeze they produced – even though the Infinity-I Range isn’t classified as a ‘high airflow’ range of fans.
  • The ease of use was a positive point of feedback about the Fanco Infinity-I range, including the easy-to-use and included remote control
  • The slimline design of this fan was a point of praise for a number of reviewers, who liked the way the fan complemented their home’s design style, or added favourably to it.
Compare all 2 Fanco Infinity-I
CategoryCeiling FansCeiling Fans
Price (RRP) A$439.00A$369.00
FeaturesRemote ControlLights and Remote Control
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite
Number of Speed Settings63
Power35 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Construction