2Fanco Infinity-I

Power

Darwin Review
Darwin ReviewDarwin, NT

FANCO INFINITY-ID DC Ceiling Fan with wall control

We live in Darwin bought this fan to replace an old ceiling fan in our bedroom - we use a ceiling fan almost every day. We wanted to avoid remotes that break/get lost/get damaged by batteries etc. We are very happy with the fan. On speed 1 it is just enough to keep you cool in cooler weather or keep the air moving if using the air-conditioner. The other 5 speeds are all useful depending how cool you want to be. It makes little noise and has worked fine with no problems. My only complaint is the controller - speeds 1-6 are not marked in black on the controller so are hard to see. Also, the controller didn't fit neatly into the old fan controller space, so we have to touch up around it one day. But these are minor things - the fan is great. Show details
Bruce
BruceSydney, NSW4 posts
  Verified DC

Not a good fan

Fanco - Infinity-i DC Low Profile Ceiling Fan with LED Light & Remote.
Purchased from FansOnline.
Needed a quiet DC fan for bedroom. Always made a grinding noise. Hardly any airflow at low speed so need more speed but then noisy and no good for sleeping. 3 year warranty and died at 3 years and six months even though not used much. Remote has 10 identical buttons and unreadable labels. (who would design something like that?). Comparing this to the 8 year old Aeratron I have, I would rank this Infinity fan as pretty hopeless and I will be avoiding any Fanco products due to reliability. I don't know how it got a recommendation from Choice magazine. Show details
PatriciaB
PatriciaB2 posts

Franco Infinity fans

We have three Franco infinity fans purchased December 2020. Happy with the fans they look good, great airflow. However when the light is on for some time it starts to flicker. We have noticed the problem with all three fans. Such a pity as we do love them. I must add that they were installed by a registered electrician. Show details ·  1
Claire R.
Claire R.Sydney, NSW3 posts
  LED

Great fans - quiet and well designed

These are great fans and so quiet, and they look nice and inconspicuous too. The low profile is also very much appreciated in a flat with lower ceilings and a tall partner!  Show reply
Dainne
DainneClarence Town2 posts

Fantastic product!

This fan suits the small space and raked ceiling perfectly. Neat and stylish, quiet operation with a bright enough light to read by in bed. So good I bought a third one. Show reply
Michael
Michael Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Very good fans

The fans are very easy to use, and very effective in creating airflow (they are much much better than other brands we have had in the past). And importantly they are also super quiet. Show details ·  1
Maz
MazNortheast, VIC

excellent fans

I have purchased three fans, all Infinity DC but with different functions and I will be purchasing another. Silent, efficient, easy to install and so good looking. Perfect for our house. Show details ·  1
Tez Bendigo
Tez Bendigo8 posts

Excellent so far

Fans just installed. They are so quiet on low speed and the light is plenty bright enough for a medium bedroom. Looking forward to some cooled sleeps with gently quiet breeze.  Show details ·  1
Robert J.
Robert J.
  DC

All four fans make clicking noises especially when slightest breeze from outside

Purchased a house with 4 of these already installed. They all make clicking noises when their is a slight breeze or just randomly. The noise is enough to keep you awake.
Contacted Mercator and discussed the problem.
When talking to them the first thing they said was thier not covered under warranty.
Then they suggested I send a video of the fans making the noise, Which I did. All I recieved in return was the video got emailed back to me a few weeks later with no response.
These fans are approximately 3 and a half years old and cost over $400 each.
So poor warranty service.
Shouldn’t $400 dollar fans last more than 3.5 years???.
Fanco 54” ceiling fans Model FC810143 series
DC with remote controllers.
matt c.
matt c.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Great DC Fan

Great fan, it's quiet and has a good range of speed. I bought two of them and loved them so much i ended up buying another forth spare room. Great amount of power. The only thing i found unusual was the remote is black but that didn't worry me that much. Show details ·  1
Leanne
LeanneCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts

Happy customer

Exactly as described very modern looking and very quite. Would definitely recommend them. They arrived on time and we had a follow up phone call asking how everything was so good customer service as well. Show details ·  1
Power
Kathryn D
Kathryn DCanberra 2600, ACT7 posts

Four Infinity Fans all Faulty - Clicking noises

2 Infinity DC fans installed in Sept 2019. The fans constantly clicked and it was impossible to sleep. Manufacturer, Mercator, replaced them with 2 new Infinity fans, same problem occurred. Show details
Phil
PhilSydney, NSW6 posts

Disappointed

We bought 2 of these fans for a 7.5 x 5 metre al fresco area, the choice being largely based on the Choice recommendation. Its IP24 rating made me think it would be good for outdoor use. They look great and are very quiet. However, even on the highest setting we can feel very little airflow from them, so we don't tend to bother using them. We were told by the suppliers that the fans have a low to medium airflow and high airflow fans would have suited us better. Maybe the fans would be better for indoor use where a strong airflow isn't needed.. Show details
Alex
Alex
  LED

Great fan

The fan is Super quiet and very Easy to install. Very stable and easy to put together. It has Great air movement and the light is super bright and clear Show reply
Eleni
EleniMelbourne21 posts
  Verified Infinity-I

Great looks - Quiet performance!

Amazing fan! Simple but stylish and has become quite the feature in my home. It's so quiet too! A perfect breeze and great on those hot nights! Would highly recommend to anyone. Show details ·  1

Clyde V.
Clyde V. · Infinity-I DC

Hi
My Fanco DC Fan starts , gets up to speed the cruises back to a stop position, then it stays stopped for a few seconds, then starts again. It is just continuing to cycle like this over and over. It is 1 year old. Any ideas. it has been great over the last year.

Derek O.
Derek O. · Fanco Infinity-I

Hi I have installed fan but I can’t get remote to sink to receiver

Fanco Australia   DM

Hi there Derek - if you are experiencing issues you may contact our warranty team here: external link

Chris · Fanco Infinity-I

Could someone (Fanco?) please specify the replacement LEDs are for these? And their cost? How long do they last?

I want to be assured that it will be possible for an electrician to replace the LEDs when they inevitably wear out without having to replace the entire fan.

Fanco Australia   DM

Hi Chris Thanks, we just replied to your email with all that information – as mentioned, the new model will not be compatible with the old model, but we can certainly assist with part numbers and pricing of the panel for the current model.

Features:

• A reversible summer/winter function lets you use this ceiling fan for both cooling in the summer months, as well as keeping warm when it’s chilly outside. During winter, air is directed from the top of the room back down to where you’re waiting for the warmth. Simply use the remote to change season mode.
  • The Infinity-I DC Fan is suitable for both indoor and undercover outdoor use – as it is IP 24 rated.
  • Optional inclusion of LED lights within the centre of your ceiling fan provides a lighting solution as well as a refreshing cooling function. However, the ceiling fan fitted with the LED light cannot be installed outdoors. The LED-light version also has fewer speeds; 3 settings compared to the DC model’s 6 speed settings.
  • Available in four finishes; black with timber-look blades, black chrome with timber-look blades, just black, and white.

Feedback from reviewers about the Fanco Infinity-I Range:

• Most reviewers appreciated how quietly these fans operated, and most were happy with the breeze they produced – even though the Infinity-I Range isn’t classified as a ‘high airflow’ range of fans.
  • The ease of use was a positive point of feedback about the Fanco Infinity-I range, including the easy-to-use and included remote control
  • The slimline design of this fan was a point of praise for a number of reviewers, who liked the way the fan complemented their home’s design style, or added favourably to it.
Compare all Fanco Infinity-I listings
CategoryCeiling FansCeiling Fans
Price (RRP) $439$369
FeaturesRemote ControlLights and Remote Control
Number of Speed Settings63
Power35 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite