Fanco Urban 2

Fanco Urban 2

Barbara

BarbaraHunter Region, NSW

Great fan!

This fan was a replacement for a ceiling fan in an openspace living room/kitchen and covers the area very well with good air movement and plenty of settings. The fan has no "wobble" and the remote is user friendly.

Purchased in November 2019 for $289.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Barbara, lovely to hear that you're happy with both of your Fanco products!

Tracey

Tracey

Perfect for out outdoor area

After a lot of investigation on the best outdoor ceiling fans to buy we Purchased 2 Fanco Urban 2, they run quiet on all 3 speeds the airflow is perfect. Also look great. They do not disappoint.

Purchased in November 2019 at Fansonline.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Tracey, we're so glad we brought out an outdoor version of the Urban 2 ceiling fan =) They're turning out to be very popular. We're so happy you like them too!

Kevin

Kevin

Recommended by Choice. Must be good.

We purchased and installed 2 in November 2019; both with remote and dimmable LED light. So far they have met all expectations; quiet, no obvious vibration, plenty of "breeze" and the 3x intensity LED light gives more than enough light on high and adequate light on the two lower settings. Remote is easy to operate. Looking forward to trying them out when/if the weather warms up and we need air circulation to sleep.

Purchased in November 2019 at Fansonline.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Kevin! Wishing you good nights of sleep the whole Summer through =)

Chris4747

Chris4747SYDNEY

fanco urban 2 dc fan

gave only 4 stars as i have only had it a month, but works very well. I went for this as it had one of the fastest rotations, and the first time i have had one with a remote. 5 speeds so depending one the weather a nice range of adjustment. Cant hear it spinning to much, and as its a DC fan at full speed they say its only consuming 30 watts. no vibration as seen so far. use it in a family room, does the job well

Purchased in October 2019 at fansonline for $289.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Chris, glad to hear you like it so far. If you ever need us, you can get in touch by emailing service@fanco.com.au =)

Great air flow but problem with light shade

This fan is terrific with an almost instant hit of cool air and vetry quiet blades. My electrician is installing three niow but once the lamp shade is on I can't seem to remove it by turnin anti-clockwise. Any tips?

Marianne
Marianne
Fanco A.Fanco Australia

No problem Marianne, it's our pleasure

DeniseM Shepparton

DeniseM SheppartonGoulburn Valley, VIC

Franco Fan Review

1. Great product, quiet, easy to install, is effective and does the job very well.
2. Competitive price - I did a lot of comparison before I bought so know I got great value for my money.
3. Extremely helpful and friendly customer service - both before the sale and AFTER the sale, which unfortunately today is rare. Nowadays once the sale has been made there is no concern about after sales service so this was a very nice surprise!
All in all, a very pleasant buying experience and I wish more companies acted like this.

Purchased in September 2019 at Fansonline.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Denise, thanks so much!

PamelaSHunter Region, NSW

Excellent Fans and light

Quiet Fans.
Fantastic light.
Installation easy by electrician.
Look great in 1910 house with ornate ceiling.
Remote effective.
No wobbling if fans
Summer/winter modes
Lots of light options bright/subdued...
Lovely big blades would be easy to clean no screws on blades

Purchased in August 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Pamela, we're glad you like them - we'd love to see pictures of what they look like with the ornate ceiling. If you have any, you can email them to service@fanco.com.au =)

Julie

Julie

This is great

This fan is quiet. It’s has both summer and winter mode which is easy to use via the remote.
The light is bright for me to knit by.
I’m really happy with it .

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Julie, happy knitting!

Rob T.South East Queensland, QLD

Very Quite

This fan is the quitest fan I have owned its speeds shift the air in our home very efficiently as well as very energy efficient. Highly recommend this fan in any size room

Purchased in August 2019 at Fans online for $239.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Rob, that's great to hear!

Ute buyer

Ute buyer

Can't believe how quiet the fans are

Installed a fan light in the bedroom and one in the lounge room of my one bed apartment, fans are quiet and move plenty of air. Remember to buy two bulbs fir each fan. Happy to recommend theses fan lights to anyone.

Purchased in July 2019 at Fansonline.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi, thanks so much! We're glad you like your fan.

Great fan with easy to use remote

Great fan way better than our old 3 blade dinosaur that sounded like a jumbo jet about to take off on full speed, relatively easy to install just a little bit of mucking around with the remote receiver to get it all to fit with the wiring inside the roof bracket and get the cover over, super easy operation with the remote, a little motor noise on low otherwise all good.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Craig, sounds like an improvement on your last fan!

Bryan T

Bryan TSouthern and Hills, SA

Great fan at a reasonable price

This fan contained all the features we were looking for, quite dc motor, light and remote. The dc motor gave us more speeds hence more control. The remote contained lots of features which were an advantage over other fans we looked at including CCT and summer/winter functions. Overall have not been able to fault this product.

Purchased in April 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Bryan! That's awesome :)

Jane

Jane

Does what it says on the box

Bought this for the lounge room and it is quiet and so useful having the remote operation with a 3 stage dimmable light feature. We highly recommend this fan at such a reasonable price.

Purchased in March 2019.

Thanks Jane!

Andrew

Andrew

Great fan at a great price.

We now have one of these fans in every bedroom in our house. Fan is very quiet and the light works well for the size of the rooms. Great product.

Purchased in March 2019.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Andrew! Have a wonderful day :)

Jeremy M

Jeremy M

great job

our fan was delivered promptly and was well packaged. the online details were accurate and at the best price I could find. it works a treat - i'm a happy customer

Purchased in February 2019 for $250.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your feedback - we love a happy customer!

Lionel

LionelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

Installed in our main bedroom replacing an old noisy fan.electrician installed with minimum fuss.very pleased ,very quiet ,good power and output,and love the remote control.too early to measure impact on power bill

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Lionel, thanks so much for your feedback, it sounds like everything's working as it should, which is great!

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Satisfied

Very quiet running. Very high air flow. Very happy with the product. Looks modern and has a low profile. 5 fan speeds are very useful to get the right airflow.

Purchased in February 2019 at Fans online for $289.00.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks for the review Peter, it's great to hear that the Urban 2 works for you!

Fiona G

Fiona GPerth, WA

Perfect !

I’m genuinely happy with this purchase. Delivery came fast which was great as it was the final touch to my kitchen Reno. Fan looks great & was really easy to install. Thanks

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Fiona! What a great picture, the kitchen looks great :)

Matthew

MatthewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far so good. The fan is extremely good at cooling our bedroom

Power is fine, the LED light is clear and bright, noise is minimal and it looks good. Fingers crossed it stays that way as the last fan worked for years

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Matthew, thanks for reviewing the Urban 2! We really appreciate your feedback =)

John B

John BIllawarra, NSW

Great fan and terrific service

Extremely happy, needed a fan in our dinning room as it got very hot on warm days . Electrician has installed and fan runs very quiet and has good dimmable light.

Purchased in January 2019.

Anthony K.

Anthony K.asked

I have a question about connecting a DC Fanco fan with a light to the wall light switch. Is it OK to do this or will it void the warranty? Why is there not a direct number I can call Fanco on? I need to make a purchase urgently and now not sure if I have to go back to AC fans, not DC. I want to use the wall switch for the light in the fan, not just via the remote.

PamelaS

Yes, I have the same set up, I switch my light on from the wall .... as my main switch... the remote I use for my fan... works perfectly both ways

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Anthony, thanks for your question. The light in a DC fan is designed to be operated by a remote, but because fans in Australia need to be installed with an isolation switch, some people choose to use the isolation switch to switch the light on and off.
Please keep in mind that this might not be the perfect solution for you though. Switching the isolation switch off cuts power to the fan, and switching it back on powers the fan again. So if you use the remote to switch the light on, and then use the isolation switch to turn the power off, the light will go out.
Once you've used the isolation switch to cut power to the fan, you wouldn't be able to use the remote to operate the fan without turning the wall switch back on again, at which point you would need to use the remote to switch the light off.
Just to be clear, using the isolation switch only turns the light on or off if you've already used the remote to turn the light on. I hope that makes sense!
Generally we suggest the AC version for anyone who wants to control their light from the wall switch, but if you have any further questions you can either email service@fanco.com.au or get in touch with one of our stockists: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/

Oops

Oopsasked

If I have solar panels whilst also being connected to the grid can I still have the Fanco Urban 2 DC fan with dimmable lights ? I heard somewhere if you have solar you cannot have a DC motor connected ! is this correct ?

Rob T.

I have solar panel power as well, and have 2 of these fans working with no issues

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Oops, what a great question! Our Urban 2 DC fans have an internal inverter which is designed to connect to 240v AC electrical systems. This means that it will connect to wiring in Australian homes but it won't connect directly to a 12v or 24v DC supply, which you might need in a caravan or a camper. So, while its true that you can't connect the fan directly to a solar powered battery, you should be ok if your home has standard AC wiring connected to a solar panel. If you're not sure, its always best to check with an electrician prior to purchase, but were happy to answer any other questions you have about the product! To get in touch with us you can email service@fanco.com.au, and we will respond as soon as we can. =)

Zedbees

Zedbeesasked

Where do I buy one? Happy with either online or shop.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Zedbees, thanks for getting in touch! Depending on where you live, the Urban 2 is available in physical shops as well as online retailers. We have a full list of stockists available on our website: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/

Get an answer from our members and Fanco Australia representatives