Fantastic Furniture Bounty Queen Bed

Fantastic Furniture Bounty Queen Bed

Disappointed with Bounty Bed

bought the queen size bounty bed a few years ago have had nothing but problems with the screws that attach the side rails to the head and foot of this bed! Tightening them every week and feeling like the bed is going too collapse if I don’t. Very disappointed beautiful looking bed but frustrating.

Purchased in June 2014 at Fantastic Furniture TAS, Launceston.

Hi Allison, I'm so sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience with the Bounty bed. We would like to look into this matter further for you. Would you be able to email me your purchase and contact details? My email is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Decided to snap the top to bottom beam.

Less then 16 months old and just now 3.30am I woke to a loud cracking sound! Jumped up to find in the side (top to bottom beam) had torn right along where the manufacturer had zag zaged bonding the wood together, also where a knot of pine wood was is " missing ".
A bed with a 10 year warranty decided to break, loved the solidness of the bed even through all its squeaks. No matter how tight the bolts where done up it still made noise. Now to find a receipt and prey for a replacement, thankfully it's showing on my bank acct as $399. .

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about the problem you have experienced with your bed. So we can assist with this, can I please ask for you to email your purchase details through. My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au also if you cannot locate your receipt, email through the name the purchase was under and the store you purchased from. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards Jessica and the Fantastic teamHi Jessica, I'm not sure why this has published as I sent it via PM. Anyway this has been addressed with Ryan and store manager Steven. Steven was fantastic, and prompt bed was replaced Saturday . Hello, it's great to hear that the store manager was helpful and the problem has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any further issues! Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Very Reasonably Priced Bed

The good: Queen size, still standing after TEN years, looks nice, great price!
The bad: The screws that hold on the ends of the bed keep coming loose and the bed keeps going wobbly. We can fix this permanently with a couple of long screws though so not a big deal

Date PurchasedFeb 2006
Hi Quilty Things, thanks so much for choosing to shop with us! We are delighted to hear your bed has lasted so long! We hope to see you again in store in the future. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

So unstable.

I brought this bed maybe less than 6 months ago. About 2 months ago the bed started wobbling so terribly and now I have to tighten the screws every night and it still doesn't fix the problem properly, and the bed constantly feels like it's going to collapse on me, would absolutely not recommend anyone getting this bed.

Hi Kristy, would it be possible to email me your details and the store you purchased from so that we can investigate asap and get in contact? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Brendan and the Fantastic TeamHi Brendan, I've gotten into contact with my local store and they said they're going to replace it for me and were very lovely thanks for a quick response, just upset that the bed had broken so soon. Hi Kristy, thanks so much for the update, that's great the store helped to replace the bed. I also passed on your review to the Products Team for them to look into as well. Thanks again for the update. Regards Brendan

Love it other than i have to keep tightning yhe bolts an screwd every few days

I purchased this bed in august last year and within a few weeks it started to creak and become very wobbly. Every few days i have to tighten the screws and bolts at the head and end of the bed then after the first sleep on it it comes loose again. I cant keep tigning the screws on it. I rang the local store i got it from and was told that thats what you have to do. I dont think this is right. I love it but im not happy with having to keep tighning the screws on it

Hi Rebecca would it be possible to email me your details as we would like to get in contact and help out. I have spoken with the Products team and they have not heard of the issue before so we are keen to look into and help you asap. My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Brendan and the Fantastic team

very bad quality! starts making noise in few months

I got my bounty queen bed from Fantastic Furniture Hoppers crossing in first week of September. I got the delivery on my own. During the handover, I was given country bed queen maple's slats rather than bounty's own slats but I did not complain. When I assembled the bed, the screw holes on the slats did not align with one of the side rails. Therefore, I thought that it would be fine if I fix the slats to one siderail with screws.
The bed was fine, but during the last month, it has started making a lot of noise whenever someone moves on the bed.
I checked the bolts on all ends and found that those are all tight. Then I checked the head rest and foot rest and found that those have become loose and move whenever you sit on the bed.
The bed now makes a lot of noise whenever I move, which is very disturbing in the night.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. Would it be possible to email me your details to reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au so that we can look into and help asap? Regards Brendan and the Fantastic TeamThank you Fantastic furniture for replacing my bed. In particular, thanks to Brendan Tertini for being proactive in getting the replacement done.

Slats are Tricky

The bed itself is awesome. The frame is very solid. The only problem\concern is the Slats. In my opinion its not hard\solid enough. Once you nail them all, the mid part of all the slats can easily bend downwards. I really wish they will make some hard slats to go with the superb frame. Just a suggestion.

Hi thanks very much for your review. I will pass on your feedback to the factory who makes the Bounty, located here in regional Australia so they can look into. Thanks once more. Regards Brendan and the Fantastic Team.

Nice and sturdy

I bought this frame about a year ago and while I did have some trouble putting it together, it is a good bed and is very solid. It does not creek or squeak during movement and feels very secure. The only thing that didn't suit me was the head and foot end. I'm quite tall and during my first week using the bed, I stretched out and snapped one of the posts on the head board. Otherwise I've been really happy with the quality, comfort and price.
Solid sturdy build, good quality wood, good price
A tad tricky to assemble

Hi Melba, thanks very much for your review and glad to hear you are pleased with the Bounty! I have passed on your feedback to our Products and QC team so they can have a look at assembly. Thanks again for your feedback. Regards Brendan & the Fantastic Team

finer detail

Looks ok but is made of multiple short pieces joined together, not sure how long it will hold an how many "miles" it will take, abit of a worry but Il be happy Iif I holds for ten years, I would recrecommend spending the extra cash and getting a fully solid bed.
low price
made of multiple short pieces that are zig zag joined and glued together, upon close inspection it looks cheap and tacky.

Hi Drew, thanks very much for your feedback and review. I have passed on your comments to our Products Team for their review. The Bounty range is made locally in regional Australia by a supplier who has made over 1 million beds, bedsides and bookcases for us over the years. We are very confident in the quality of the product but if you ever have any issues please do feel free to contact your local store and they will be very happy to assist you. Regards Brendan & the Fantastic Team.Hi Drew, just as a follow up I have heard back from our Products Team... At the start of the manufacturing process the timber is sent through an optimiser which cuts out any knots in the product (usually anything larger than about a 20 - 50c piece) as these sections have a much weaker cell structure and are vulnerable to breaking / weakening over time. These pieces are then slant cut finger jointed to provide the maximum surface area for bonding and set under high pressure to provide an exceptionally strong join. The alternatives to this approach are to use an extremely high grade of Pine (which would have a significantly higher retail price) or to leave the knots in the timber which would mean much lower quality and a much higher chance of failure. Hope this helps! Regards Brendan and the Fantastic Team.