2Quokka Beds Floating Bed Base

Takes longer than the advertised 3 mins to assemble

Gerry PAYNE
Gerry PAYNEPerth, WA
  Verified Queen

Very satisfied with my bed

Bed was well made and very easy to put together. It’s firm and very comfortable with the Quokka latex mattress that I have owned previously for several years. Does not creak and is the perfect height for me. Very happy with my bed. Show details ·  1
PeterM
PeterM3 posts

Great product

Delivered within projected period. Easy for one person to assemble. Clever design that doesn't creak. Show details ·  1
Sofia - Green Door Kiama
Sofia - Green Door Kiama
J R.
J R.

worth every cent

Ive had my bed for over 6 months now and I love it. Got it during the easter sale. Was recommending today to my younger relatives moving out into they're new home they bought and need new furniture including bed and mattress. Not only does it look simple and modern, it saves room and you dont need a headboard. I feel lucky to have this store here in Perth, pick up at no cost. 100% tasmanian oak and handmade.. couldnt ask for much more out of a bedframe. No squeaking either. You also get couple of cute cork coasters with the quokka logo for your hot drinks. Love it and recommend!! Show details ·  1
Bianca.M
Bianca.M3 posts
  King

beautiful solid timber bed base

Beautiful timber pieces all fit together perfectly to create a sturdy beautiful looking bed base. design is minimalist but timber makes a statement. Base is super solid and very well constructed. Took 1 person half an hour to put together taking time. Could have been much quicker even with one person as it is not difficult. Show details ·  1
Jamie C.
Jamie C.North-West & West coast, TAS

A Great Night Sleep

Stunning Design, Beautiful Staining, Natural Wood Smell fills my room and I love it all Show reply
Arty
ArtyCanberra 2600, ACT
  Queen

Strong, timeless, clever and beautiful!!!

Timeless and clever design! So easy to assemble and disassemble in a few minutes. I am so impressed with the quality of the workmanship and the finish which shows the Jarrah timber grain beautifully. I also love that it's made in Australia! Show details ·  1
Heather S.
Heather S.Sydney, NSW3 posts
  Double

Great first bed for a young adult

Bought for my teenage son. Attractive, sturdy and will stay with him over time. Show details ·  1
Elliott K.
Elliott K.8 posts
  Verified Queen
Jay P
Jay P2 posts
Chris C
Chris CFar North Queensland, QLD7 posts

Great Product

We purchased the Floating Bed Base in a super king size. The quality and finish is excellent. Very easy to assemble and a solid platform for mattress. Great company to deal with. Great Australia product. Worth the money and could not be happier. Show details ·  1
Erin P.
Erin P.Darwin, NT

Solid Bed Base which matches Sleeping Duck KB warranty

The floating Bed Base is gorgeous and well made, my husband and I needed a strong solid bed base due to our height, we also needed it to meet the requirements of a KB Sleeping Duck Mattress.
Quokka beds were easy to deal with and answered my many questions, postage to Darwin was really well priced. The wood and headboard is gorgeous! I highly recommend the floating bed base. Show details ·  1
Shazzie
Shazzie2 posts

Love it!

Perfect for our new home. Stylish, functional and easy to put together... oh yeah, and no creaks!
Great work Quokka!! Show details ·  1
Ellie
ElliePearce 2607, ACT3 posts

Beautiful

Base assembly was straightforward and easy. So simple and works so well. No creaks. Floating base means no stubbed toes and headboard is lovely. Couldn’t be happier. Show details ·  1
cdg1989
cdg19892 posts
  Floating Bed Base

Family owned and run business

I purchased a bed base from Quokka after comparing it against other options because it’s Australian made. Hard to come by these days! The service and communication since I purchased has been outstanding. Quokka kept me up to date on the progress of my bed base, when it was ready to be dispatched and delivered. I also appreciated the well written assembly instructions. The bed base was very easy to put together, my 3yo enjoyed helping us puts the slats in. I recommended Quokka to my dad who had also purchased a bed base and side tables. Show reply

Emma
Emma · Floating Bed Base

Are the slats 3.5 or 4.5 cm apart for a queen base?

4.5cm

Hannah R.

At least on mine they seem to be

Patreview
Patreview

The slats on my QS bed are 4.5cm apart. The slats themselves are 9cm wide.

HappyDance · Floating Bed Base

Hello everyone! I have a brand new Sleeping Duck QS mattress and would really love to put it on a Quokka base. Has anyone done this? I’m wary that SD 10-year warranty stipulates 2 middle-support feet as well as outside 4. Would this even be an issue? The Quokka base is the best-looking one I’ve seen, not to mention it ticks the other boxes of being Australian made and quality-driven. Would love to hear what you think.

HappyDance

That’s fantastic to hear (and a relief). Thanks Quokka Team. I’ll be in touch to discuss ordering.

Annie
Annie · Floating Bed Base

What are the quokka mattresses like in comparison to a memory foam mattress ?

Features:

• The Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base is available in jarrah wood or oak wood, making for a durable bed that will last.
  • It's made from sustainable timber sourced from Australia, so you can stress less about the environmental impact of your bed.
  • It comes in a wide variety of bed frame sizes, ranging from single to super king, making it suitable for any bedroom.
  • Quokka claims that this bed frame will only take one person 3 minutes to assemble.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that the beds were simple to assemble, with the majority putting them together swiftly and without problems.
  • Many people received excellent customer service, with their bed frames delivered in a short amount of time.
  • Reviewers complimented the design and said that the timber frame felt solid and sturdy.

Something to consider:

• Although the majority of reviewers were able to assemble their beds within 10 minutes, very few were able to construct theirs in the advertised 3 minutes.
Compare all Quokka Beds Floating Bed Base listings
CategoryBedsBedsBedsBeds
Price (RRP) $1,600$1,900$1,515$1,340
Bed TypeTimberTimberTimberTimber
Dimensions 80 x 1540 x 2040 mm80 x 1840 x 2040 mm80 x 1375 x 1880 mm80 x 920 x 2040 mm
Warranty DetailsLifetime Warranty​Lifetime Warranty​Lifetime Warranty​Lifetime Warranty​

Contact info for Quokka Beds Floating Bed Base