2.3

• Rates and Fees
Karyn

KarynSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am taking legal action

I did not have a locked in contract with Fernwood and I emailed them in August 2019 and requested cancelled. They informed me I had to return my key which I did through my business so I had a tracking number. I have sent dozens of email to cancel my membership and they are still taking my money. I am now seeking legal assistance. DO NOT USE THEM. They do not help when you are at the gym and they did not stop your payments.

They are terrible

Unprofessional, hard to deal with and rude. Do not sign up here, as they will do everything in their power to make it as difficult as possible to cancel. I attempted to cancel for legitimate reasons (relocations) however after so many phone calls, emails, signed forms they still deduct the fortnightly fee. I have literally had to cancel my bank account to avoid further payments and will seeking advice from the ACCC. Do not sign with this gym, they are not in it for the right reasons.

Penny

PennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete scam fernwood Narre warren

Bronwyn Gallo

Bronwyn GalloSydney, NSW

My 60th Birthday present to myself

I just recently joined Beverley Hills Fernwood, and am so happy I did. It’s great to belong to a club that is open when needed, and has a great variety of classes and equipment. Staff are really nice and approachable too, which is so important for me. A great start, for the best part of the rest of my life!

Rebecca J

Rebecca JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn't be happier!

I am so grateful to be a Fernwood Member. Customer Service is the highest priority, and the staff at the StKilda club continually go above and beyond for their members. I cannot wait until gyms re-open and I can head back into my happy place. For now they are running some pretty awesome virtual classes so their members can keep up with their fitness during lockdown. Thanks team!

Cooper

CooperCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

NEVER EVER AGAIN

NinaSydney, NSW

Fernwood Penrith - no care for mental health illness

I suffer with mental health issues and when I tried to speak to the OWNER of this gym about it she thought she’d compares her business problems to my trauma and abuse. She was extra insensitive to something which I work hard on everyday. They also started charging me double without notification....
other Fernwood are better. Penrith lack basic human skill. [Name Removed] the owner expects everyone to solve her problem that she can’t pay her staff and guilt trips her clients into paying money using her staff as an excuse. Pathetic

Nina

What happened to Ryde Fernwood? Why did it close? And Will it open again?

I was planning on joining the Fernwood Ryde branch this year but when I came to apply its Instagram and Facebook accounts disappeared. It says it’s been permanently closed on google. I would like to know what happened to that gym and will it ever open again? And if it does will it be in the Ryde district? I found it to be a suitable location for me and love the idea of an all women’s gym.

AB C.
AB C.

Thank you for responding!

Not the place to go if you're a working mum

You would think by 2020 we would live in a time that women could work, raise children and work out in an environment surrounded by like minded individuals??? WRONG if you think Fernwood Parramatta will provide that.... no childcare, no support and don't ever attempt to question a business decision.
They are too busy buying a fancy looking mirror for selfies and painting the wall black than have an adequate timetable to support women and their fitness goals. They have removed so many classes from the timetable claiming trying to keep the business running due to Covid but conveniently add classes that you need to make an additional payment for on top of your weekly fee.
I recommend staying as far away as possible!

KL.

KL.South Australia

It's a community.

Fernwood have been amazing during this uncertain time. They're always sharing information, changes and answering any questions that we may have.

My location especially has gone above & beyond for it's members, checking in & ensuring that we all stay healthy & motivated.

I couldn't recommend Fernwood enough for any woman who is starting out, or needing a new supportive environment to train.

Horrible

The staff are bullies, the gym unclean, they offer breakfast but you will be throwing up every week as it is food for food poisoning . Unfortunately it’s a place where eating disorders can develop due to the treatment of jealous staff. This gym is not about health. The experience is traumatic.

Fernwood FitnessFernwood Women's Health Clubs

Great community to be apart of

My Fernwood gym has been so supportive in such an uncertain time! It's great to see all members and staff are doing everything they can by looking out for one another during the COVID closure! I can't wait until the gym opens again, so that I can workout with like minded members and see the bubbly staff again!!

Fernwood FitnessFernwood Women's Health Clubs

Hi Renee, thanks for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. We're lucky to have a member like you in the Fernwood family ❤️ Stay safe, and we will see you in club soon - The Fernwood Fitness Team x

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Fabulous team at Fernwood keep me physically and mentally strong!

I love being greeted and supported by such a wonderful friendly team when I go to the gym. I feel that the staff genuinely care about all the members. The lockdown during COVID in Victoria has been a really challenging time, unfortunately I was only able to get back to the club for a couple of weeks before the 2nd lockdown. The ability to attend live streamed workouts from familiar friendly faces has saved my sanity.

Loving Fernwood!!!!

I love the community feel and clean beautiful club. The staff are always friendly and super helpful. I would recommend Fernwood to all women wanting to improve their health and fitness.

Sandra Robinson

Sandra RobinsonSydney, NSW

Too expensive

I went to enquire about joining. I had to stand outside the front door and talk to the manager. She took my name and number but has never called me.
She told me about the costs. It is $80 per month + the cost of an access key + Joining fee. It added upto about $400+, just to join.
She wouldn't let me see the equipment, so I still don't know if it would suit me. I don't want to go in and get harrassed by numerous questions again. I just want to be able to go in and look without being approached, but I know that won't happen.
they really are too expensive.

Dawn

Dawn

Hurry up Viv gov, i need to get back to Fernwood

I cannot wait to get back to the gym, I never thought I would miss it so much but I am struggling so hard to stay motivated at home and i just don't have that issue when I go to Fernwood, the girls there are just amazing and I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Cshelz

Cshelz

Loving the gym!

Professional staff, and a positive and friendly environment for women of all ages and backgrounds. Great trainers, fun group classes, exceptional facilities. They have kept me motivated during lockdown with their fantastic online services. Can recommend.

Megan

MeganGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

On going Supportive Community

I love my Fernwood Gym and although Victorian's are currently unable to physically enjoy workouts at their favourite club, i feel there is an amazing sense of community and encouragement through the social media platforms which has kept me motivated during this tough time. This has made me even more excited about returning to the gym and i look forward to seeing familiar faces again!

Fernwood FitnessFernwood Women's Health Clubs

Hi Megan, thank you for leaving such positive feedback. It's great to hear that you're enjoying our online resources to stay motivated during this difficult time ❤️ We can't wait to see you back in club soon! - The Fernwood Fitness team x

My Fernwood gym is amazing!

My Fernwood gym is amazing! They have been so supportive during the COVID closures with providing online content so I can continue to enjoy working out during lockdown. I am looking forward to the gym opening again soon so that I can see everyone's happy smiling faces again!!

Fernwood FitnessFernwood Women's Health Clubs

Hi Donna, thank you for taking the time to write such welcome feedback. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our online workouts :) We look forward to seeing your smiling face in club soon! The Fernwood Fitness team x

Mel Harvey

Mel HarveyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I LOVE my beautiful gym!

I am so excited to get back into my gym!! COVID has been such a tough time especially in Victoria because we cannot use our beautiful gym. Though the team at Fernwood has kept me motivated with online workouts and so many amazing tips and recipes over social media. I love this community and cannot wait to get back into the gym and see all the smiling faces at the club. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

WGoldbergasked

What is minimum age? My daughter want to go

sass
sass

I have been looking into this myself as there is a special price for teen kids, think its is $20 a week and no join fee, but this may be for members teenagers. I think they said they have to be 13 but I found out today that they cant do the weights until aged 16. Also they cant go in on their own until they are 16.

Thank you Sass!

Samantha J.

Samantha J.asked

Any feedback on wonoona or Shellharbour fernwoods ?
Staff at both seem ok before you join up. Anyones experiences?

mobinmalik

mobinmalikasked

Fernwood feedback from melton club

unhappy
unhappy

Don't join Melton Club - horrible place - crazy contracts with outrageous cancellation fees. Poor staff communication and limited classes.

Sunjay Guptar
Sunjay Guptar

Why are people so daft?! Every gym has contracts, cancellation and late payment fees... I just dont understand why people come here and log one star reviews because there unhappy that they had to pay a cancellation or late payment fee. And all this negativity because of these people didnt have the funds in THEIR account- shame on them, not Fernwood!
Ive been going to Fernwood for years now, and find them to be a great gym, very accommodating too!

Mz A
Mz A

Daft? Sounds to me like you need to do your research as well as learn a little something about customer service or basic human interaction. They are people, not just a bank account. If Fernwood improved on their customer service skills such as advising upfront about their cancellation policies there would be no problem. If they showed a bit more empathy to the fact that these bank accounts are linked to people with actual human lives that matter. It isn't a cancellation payment they want you to pay out the contract. I went to Fernwood for years and I had to leave because I was moving 40mins out and was charged a ridiculous amount to end that years contract. I later had a baby moved closer to an Epping outlet and joined thinking now I have the knowledge of the contract deets from the former outlet I won't have a problem. They shut down!!!! As a customer, I was not at a $$$ amount loss but I was let down. As a customer, we don't charge for their circumstantial changes we know they are human and take our business elsewhere we don't ask to be compensated for the disruption to our lives as they ask for money into contracts that cannot be fulfilled due to our life circumstances/changes. It should work both ways because life happens!!
In my opinion, consumer affairs should take a look into their fees and charges as well as some other clubs as to the fairness of the contract and the amounts charged in conjunction with the circumstances. Otherwise, they will just have more cases to deal with.
My two sisters-in-law who l convinced to join for 24 months in order to make it more affordable for them copped it harder than I did. To anyone else on here that felt they were treated poorly contacting consumer affairs would be a great start.

Shame on you for putting the $$$$ amount in your head or insufficient funds as an excuse for a company that should know better and do better after that many cases.

Get an answer from our members and Fernwood Women's Health Clubs representatives