2.5

Doctor A
Doctor ASydney, NSW21 posts
  Top Review

Hopeless

This product is completely hopeless. The wax does not melt despite using the pots and pans cycle several times and at the specified temperature. I tried several cycles wasting water, electricity and more importantly my time and energy. Was extremely frustrating and even after trying to scratch the wax off slightly, it did not work. My friends have had exactly the same experience and we all have high end dishwashers. The customer service line was unattended/did not respond to my messages and the email contact line not functional. When eventually I did achieve email contact the response was fairly useless. I am awaiting someone else to contact me. I stupidly bought twelve of these thinking I would buy the years supply but sadly, the product is faulty.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Tracky1974
Tracky1974AU74 posts
  Top Review

Good

Overall a good product used to clean and maintain the hygiene of the dishwasher quickly and easily. Just slots into the dishwasher and is forgotten about. Glass wear comes out sparkling clean afterwards. I use this product on a regular basis and would recommend its use.
My dishwasher looked and smelt fresh afterwards and I noticed a difference in the cleanliness of my dishes in the subsequent cycles. Easily available in the supermarket. Elimates stale water odors from the dishwasher.
Expensive for a single use product. Vague instructions make it difficult to use. Has to be run on its own through an entire cycle, this is very wasteful of water.
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
KHT
KHTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

useless- should be removed from shelves

Wish i had checked reviews first but who would have thought a dishwasher cleaner could be this bad!!.. Chemical smell and foam foam foam!! First and last time I will use this- extremely strong chemical smell.. used as per instructions, correct cycle etc... opened the door- foam!!.. 3 cycles later and there's still foam with a strong chemical smell... and the dishwasher still doesn't look cleaner than when I started... Show details
EMJ00
EMJ00

“Finish”es with a chemical smell through the house

Used this product to clean out my dishwasher today. Honestly, this product should be removed from the shelves.
The chemical smell generated by this cleaning fluid has been radiating through my house for the past three hours. I have every door and window in the house open to try and air it out.
We have all ended up with headaches, sore throats and eyes burning because of the fumes.
Come on finish…. It’s a dishwasher cleaner… you didn’t have to go so hard with the ingredients.

Governments don’t need to spend billions on chemical weapons … just order a few crates of finish dishwasher cleaner bottles.

Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.

REGRET REGRET REGRET using this

I only have regret. My dishwasher was in fine shape before using this product (no smell and ran fine). I decided to purchase it simply to disinfect and get rid of limescale buildup. It did get rid of the limescale, but now my dishwasher is so heavily perfumed that Im not sure its even safe to eat off my dishes after and I ran a few regular ycles after to try and get rid of it but its been hopeless. I bought it at Walmart as an impulse purchase and wish I would have saw the reviews first. Show details
Shanna H.
Shanna H.

Bad!!

Leaves a very over-powering perfume-y smell that filled the entire house and still hasn’t gone away 3 days later and after several washes. Would not recommend. Would rather a stinky dishwasher than this -it seems to only try to overpower the previous smell or adds to the bad smell. Show details
Tess F.
Tess F.

Biggest regret ever

I could cry. My Bosch dishwasher smelled fine and I used this product just for a bit of limescale. I can only describe the incredibly noxious smell afterward as like strong Pinesol! It makes me gag and feel incredibly nauseous to even open up the dishwasher, and I am already upstairs. I am running it again tonight, and I hope the smell starts disappating. It is SO SO BAD!!! Is there a class action lawsuit?! What is this?!?!?!
caity
caitySouth East Queensland, QLD

FUMIGATES the house with a chemical smell

Put the dishwasher on with the cleaner inside. I went out then came home to the house smelling of chemical. Gave me a headache and made me light headed. Not healthy AT ALL. Show details
Upset Claire
Upset ClaireSouth West, WA

Noxious chemical fumes

Used this product 2 days ago .. the noxious chemical smell made me nauseous and feeling very unwell. I used my machine tonight and the fumes were worse cannot get chemical smell out of house. It appears the chemical has been embedded in my machine. Tomorrow I will be advising Consumer Protection West Aust on how dangerous this product is. On reading other reviews with similar experiences … why is this product still available ? Show details
Keith H.
Keith H.

Useless

The wax doesn’t melt I put it in a dish of hot water straight from the kettle approximately 100deg and didn’t melt. Show details
coz
coz

STINKS

Used it and Bosch washer has irritating chemical pesticide smell now even after 2 hot water rinses. Come on Finish company, why isn't your R&D dept investigating this wide spread problem ?What is the solution ?
david
davidNew South Wales

Useless

Tried this twice, same result, still dirty. We always prerinse everything as well, will never waste our money again. Show details
Bondington
BondingtonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

I can't get rid of the chemical smell of the cleanser from my dishwasher

I used the Finish Dishwasher cleanser 2 weeks ago and have never smelled anything so bad. Since then I have run approximately 40 empty washes with either vinegar or bi carb and the strong chemical smell remains in the dishwasher and on the dishes. It is so bad I am considering getting a new dishwasher. I wish I had read some reviews before purchasing this product as many people have had the same experience Show details
DebbieM
DebbieMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Does not work

Did the cycle as instructed and when finished the bottle was still full. After reading all the reviews this is obviously a terrible product. Just wish I had read the reviews prior to my purchase. Don't waste your money.
C Harrington
C Harrington

Chemical Smell and Tablets Don't Fully Dissolve

I've been a loyal customer of Finish dishwasher products for over 20 years, but this is the first time trying the liquid ones. They smell like chemicals - not clean or fresh or neutral - and don't dissolve all the way. The glasses on the top shelf don't come out clean. When I contacted the company, they patronizingly replied that I should adjust the water temperature, didn't even address my concern about the smell and no apology. I'll no longer buy their product. Terrible customer service and insulting response. Show details

Tracy S.
Tracy S.

My partner accidentally put this in the rinse aid drawer thinking it was rinse aid and we have washed and used dishes before he noticed!! Is it dangerous? What do we do now?

Dale B.
Dale B.

How the hell to I get the stench of this awful product out of my dishwasher? The people complaining that the wax didn't melt don't know how lucky they are that they aren't confronted WEEKS after using this s**t with the awful smell in the dishwasher and on everything that comes out of it! So much hate for this product.

Mrs D
Mrs D

I accidentally left cutlery in the dishwasher while running a cleaning cycle . What do I need to do?

Product purpose

Finish designed this dishwasher cleaner to help ensure that the dishwasher is in an optimum condition when it cleans dishes. The brand states that it cleans grease and lime-scale build-up in your dishwasher’s filters, spray arm and pipes. It's suitable for using in all dishwashers.

How to use this dishwasher cleaner

Make sure the dishwasher is empty. Don’t remove the cap from the bottle, but remove the sticker. Position the bottle upside down in the silverware basket or in an otherwise-secure spot. Close the dishwasher door, then program the dishwasher to do a heavy wash, if possible. Finish recommends you do this once a month.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

Reviewer opinions on these Finish dishwasher cleaners was decidedly diverse. Some reviewers used the product regularly, attesting to its ability to clean the dishwasher and, in future, produce cleaner dishes. These reviewers often also liked the fresh smell of the dishwasher cleaner.

Other reviewers, who were less happy, said that the product didn’t work. This was because the liquid didn’t come out of the bottle. A common grievance was that the wax in the pouch didn’t melt to release the cleaning product. Some reviewers also reported a chemical smell, however overall there were more reviewers who enjoyed the smell of the product than who didn’t like it.

• GTIN12: 051700828876 and 517008288762