Fisher & Paykel

Fisher & Paykel

Poor product quality and customer care

French door refrigerator with water dispenser purchased 6 months ago due to medical condition and needing filtered water. Stopped working and called to get someone to come to look at it and nobody available for 2 weeks. Questioned whether they would refund the bottled water that would need to be purchased between now and then and the answer was no. The fridge is 6 months old!

Washing machine died then poor after sales service

Quicksmart 7.5kg Washing machine died 3 years old under extended warranty, Fisher and Paykel said they cant have anyone out for 2 weeks to inspect and no offer of help. Family of 6 without a washing machine for this long and more time after inspection, not good. Maybe try a better brand next time.

Terrible after sales service

This for a Dishdrawer - Twice their repairer has been here ($150 call out fee, valid for 1 yr), drawer not fixed. Now they've changed their policy and im now in an 'authorised service centre area'. Their system takes me in loops, i can't book an appt or find an authorised repairer. Multiple emails & calls and still nowhere. I've bought several f&p appliances over the years but fed up with their lack of after-sales service, so never again.

Store LocationWinnings

Poor product and customer care service

Our two drawer dishwasher was brand new when it broke down on the second wash with all our plates and glasses locked inside. Customer care person seemed bored and disinterested in our complaint we needed it fixed as we were planning a dinner party for Easter. She labeled our frustration as hostility and was completely useless, much like the dishwasher. Will NEVER purchase another of their products again.

Just Dreadful

After waiting almost 3 weeks for a repair person to service our leaking refrigerator they replaced a small part, told us to defrost it and left within 15 minutes. Unfortunately defrosting the fridge did not help and the leaking became worse and worse. We tried to book anotherq service quicker but to no avail. We rang this morning and explained that it was really bad, soaking the adjoining carpet and our new kitchen and had become an emergency that could not wait another 2 weeks. They promised to come between 12-5.
It turns out that they did come but to the wrong unit and with the wrong mobile number. No one contacted me despite being home waiting.
Nigel from customer “service “ informed me the soonest new appointment will be on Thursday and if I wasn’t satisfied I should use another company. There was no manager available and I was told that the scheduling manager wouldn’t call me back.
Obviously a number of people have had similar bad experiences. I wish I had read these reviews before buying this brand

Store LocationWinning appliances

Can't believe how bad F & P customer service is

Case 01216542. Over one and a half hours on the phone over three phone calls. representatives are obviously trained to avoid getting to the point and coincidentally have responded at the 32 minute mark that they will get back to you. Each 32 min call is mostly holding on to connect in the first instance then call is interrupted while representative consults with team leader. It is surprising that this company can actually survive in the business environment.

The worst ever service - Fisher and Pykel have no after service care

We bought a Fisher and Pykel dishwasher six months ago. The dishwasher has broken down and the dishes are LOCKED inside the dishwasher. We scheduled for a Fisher and Pykel technician to come to our home to fix the dishwasher for Thursday (3 days after we called to schedule the appointment). Fisher and Pykel called on the morning of the appointment and advised that the technician is sick and they will have to reschedule until next week 8 days after it broke down - noting that our dishes, forks, saucepans, etc are locked inside and we don't have them to cook and use to eat with. We asked if someone else could come out and they advised that there are only two technicians in all of victoria and they don't want to overload the other technician. We asked if we could arrange for someone else to fix it and they pay the invoice, Fisher and Pykel advised that this wasn't possible. Be very careful buying from this company.

Store LocationFisher and Pykel

Parts

Hi, great to see another company do the right thing nice and easily and without accusing and refusing and denying responsibility for there products they re selling.
It’s a pleasure giving my money to companies that honour there warranties and that sell qualities products in the first place not to mention that they actually have real people in place to help resolve your problems with there products. A company I will continue to buy from always.

Store LocationOnline

Registration

Your registration site won't allow you to put in country eg Australia only NZ areas, so what do you do?
Why do I have to add text rubbish just to satisfy your 30 words?

Store LocationThe Good Guys at Kawana QLD Australia

Poor product and service

Completely exhausted. We bought a new dishwasher, 8 hours on the phone, staying home from work 3 times, waiting for the repair person and still no functioning dishwasher. Last time I bought anything from Fischer and Paykel. Certainly will share the m story with family and friends NOT to ever buy F&P again. Especially sad as I would have loved to support NZ rather than others .. but unfortunately service and product experience 0

Store LocationAppliances Online

Washsmart is not Smart

This WashSmart Front Loader machine has broken down a couple of times within the warranty period and the technician 'fixed' it at a cost of only about $120 to the Good Guys (as they paid for it under their extended warranty terms).

All of a sudden, two months out of the extended warranty, and the same error as usual pops up and they charge us over $400 to fix it. So it seems to us that they are in cahoots with the Good Guys to get this dodgy machine fixed, just to keep it going outside of their extended warranty period?

"Err 10" is always the issue with this machine...in the past, they have 'fixed it', but this time, when we have to pay out of our own pocket, they said that even though that is the error showing up, it is not in fact, the error and it has something to do with the controller. Convenient.

We had a different branded top loader for about 15 years before this one, and not a problem, but the lid was dinted after a move and I wanted a flashy new front loader. Our old one never had a single issue, despite us never taking care of it apart from cleaning the filter now and then, and would still be working perfectly today had we kept it, I'm 100% sure.

This F&P WashSmart cost us $780 + $139 for extended warranty, and with this latest service costing over $400, they are charging us more than half of what the machine cost us, just to fix what we don't believe was the true problem.

We will never buy an F&P appliance again. They've lost our business for all appliances. We're due for a new DW soon and will go with a different brand out of principle from a different store, as I now cannot trust the whole F&P + Good Guys relationship.

Store LocationGood Guys Dandenong

Good service

Unfortunately had issue with condenser dryer. 4 times in 2 years attended to fix. Always punctual and polite. Last week they returned and replaced unit without any fuss. Although disappointed with product the service was great.

Store LocationHarvey norman waurn ponds

Appalling Customer service & dangerous product

I recently made the huge mistake of purchasing a brand-new Fisher & Paykel top loader washing machine, I was happy to spend a little more ($1000) because of the perceived good name brand.
After only 6 weeks & having used the machine less than 5 times I smelt an awful burning smell, only to discover the entire drum plastic lip was burnt & in places still on actual fire (embers). It looks like the drum & separate lip above were rubbing against one another, which caused friction when the machine was on & resulted in the entire lip of the drum being burnt, melted & deteriorating (literally burnt pieces fell off into the machine & on the floor).
After putting out the still live embers & turning the machine of for fear of it reigniting, I contacted the company I brought the machine from (JBHIFI) & was very helpfully directed to Fisher & Paykel customer service team directly. Unfortunately, thing got a lot worse from there.
The woman I spoke to from the customer service team at F & P was so disrespectful, un-apathetic & dismissive over this ‘serious incident’ (as classed by JBHIFI). After being on hold for almost 30 mins, I was told the only time they can get someone out to even look at it was 3-5 business days. After then saying this wasn’t really good enough as I was scared to have the machine in my house, I was told that if I could get home from work immediately, I could potentially have someone see it that morning (25/03/2019). However, she advised me that even if I were to leave work right then & get home in 20min there is no guarantee that the technician wouldn’t be at the house in 2mins time or 2 hours’ time & he would not wait even 5 mins if I was late. After leaving work & rushing home I then waited 40min for the technician to show up, he then proceeded to look at the machine & unbelievably called me a liar & advised me that this was somehow a ‘user caused incident’. After trying to understand how it could have possibly been my mistake the gentlemen very dismissively said- ‘that’s my opinion, I’ll order a part which could take up to 10 business days & then someone will be in contact, in the mean time you can still use the burnt & deteriorating machine, no worries”. Left reeling & absolutely shaking after the stress & scare I had over the machine in my home having caught fire, he then left with a side comment saying’ the machine is fire resistant & can’t catch fire anyway’ even after picking at a bit of burnt plastic himself. At this point I couldn’t believe he was being serious!
This was understandably unacceptable so I called JBHIFI & the customer service team there could not believe the appalling & disgusting service provided by F & P. They offered to exchange the machine for a different brand/model (as I did not want another F& P in my house). My father who is a builder was able to drop of the piece of crap F & P (with burnt pieces of plastic literally falling off the machine) to the factory we had brought it from & picked up a new machine.
To say the least- JBHIFI were amazing & accommodating & were beyond amazing in calming me down as I was very upset & scared & after all that- livid. Which is why I am writing this. I hope that even 1 person reads this & doesn’t make the same mistake by picking a F & P product as I did, even though they have a perceived good name brand, there products are dangerous & seriously not worth the high price tag, not to mention the appalling customer service.
If I had not been home, I imagine this would be a completely different conversation & I would have lost my home, contents & the numerous animals who call it home. Unsurprisingly I have still not heard anything further from F & P & have received no apology for the appalling behaviour & dangerous machine.

Store LocationJBHIFI

10kg Smartdrive Washing Machine

Have a 10kg Smartdrive washing machine which is not 3 years old yet. Fins on the agitator have snapped off. In spite of having extended warranty was told by F&P that this is not covered and it will cost $93 to replace it myself. Never had it happen on other brands of washing machine nearly 10 years old. Will not buy another F & P washing machine or recommend to anyone now.

No after sales service

We bought a cooktop from RT Edwards when it was installed one of the five gas rings didn’t work. They told me F and P had the best service staff of any manufacturer. Well I hope not after 10 days I have not heard a single thing from them except that they would be contacting me with in 24 to 48 hours ha!

Store LocationRTEdwards Murarrie

A company on the decline

Fisher Paykel used to set the standard in appliances in Australia about 20 years ago. Since 2002 we have bought their kitchen appliances but have found their quality and customer support is poor. We have had two generations of their fridges and dishwashers and their performance has been disappointing.their customer service is also lacking in terms of how they respond to service calls. It’s a shame to see a company fall off the wagon like this but we have reached our end in terms of buying their products.

Horrible Product!

We’ve owned our clothes dryer for 2 years and 20 days and have had 2 major problems and 2 smaller problems with it. The first issue with it was a major repair due to a malfunction in the motor. A small problem, but annoying, is the door won’t stay closed. Another small problem, the condensation vent at the bottom has to be taped shut. And now another major repair is it doesn’t rotate the drum when the power is on. Piece of junk. Never again will I buy this brand.

Fisher & Paykel washing machine rips shirts: No assistance

My new Fisher & Paykel washing machine was delivered.
I’d just had a forced move due to concerns for my safety (I had never imagined such could happen to respectable middle class persons like me) and during major cancer treatment. Due to the move much of my meagre property had to be left or was stolen.

So great to have something good to get on with normalising a traumatised life.
I carefully read the instructions and used as per machine instruction and shirt wash instruction: in the first wash an expensive Fletcher Jones Liberty fabric shirt (a gift from my mother) had the sleeve ripped off.

The Fisher & Paykel ‘help’ desk are experts in the endless “fob off”.
Unsurprisingly the technician “could not find” any machine fault.

I contacted Fisher & Paykel: After endless, endless, time-consuming, futile, rigamarole: nothing was done. Since then another shirt has been ripped!
I cannot afford another washing machine.

I will never buy Fisher & Paykel again. The absence of any reasonable assistance is distressing.

Store LocationGood Guys, Chadtsone

Fantastic service over many years

I have an old F & P Fridge and oven. Many years ago I had to replace the doors of the fridge and recently ordered a shelf for the oven and a fridge crisper cover. Every time I have had contact F & P over the years it's been a pleasure to deal with their service and spare parts people. The goods have arrived in Perth within a couple of days and, on the most recent occasion, 'Grace' couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. This sort of service is rare. Well done on your staff F & P. Treasure them!

Intergrated fridge disaster

Ice maker not working, Fisher and paykel supply new fridge and send kid out to install joinery panels, appalling job of installation, freezer door rubs on joinery and is damaging panel, but they don’t seem to care.
They send out technician and he says I’ll talk to manager.
New fridge has the same problem as last.
Looks like we are in for the long haul with our $5500 fridge that doesn’t work
Do not buy Fisher and paykel as no one needs the hassle.