Fisher & Paykel Top Load GW512 / GW612 / GW712

Fisher & Paykel Top Load GW512 / GW612 / GW712

GW712 (7.5kg), GW612 (6.5kg), GW512 (5.5kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.8

Sudden electrical death

I was using this washing machine quite a lot over the past 9.5 years with no real complaints but was very surprised when, out of the blue, it just died. Turned power on. Lights blinked once and then went off and now it no longer turns on. I have always disliked the loud beeping at the end of a wash. It did go out of balance every time I washed towels. But otherwise I will consider replacing it with another fisher and paykel unless I can get other info on better options

Purchased in October 2010.

Tony Cruickshank

Tony CruickshankGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great washing machine - thank you

We purchased our F&P GW712 over 16 years ago and have had a near flawless experience in all those years - thank you. We have just bought a new 7kg F&P and look forward to the next 16!

Purchased in September 2004.

Noise Level
Peta

PetaPerth, WA

Faultless for 18 years

We purchased this machine when we returned to Australia in 2001. It is now November 2019 and for the first time ever there is a problem. The spin cycle has stopped. I usually look forward to new appliances but I'll be very sad to see this one go. A true workhorse. I'm about to purchase another F&P machine as I'm wary about purchasing anything else.

Purchased in August 2001.

Noise Level
Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel Top Load GW512 / GW612 / GW712 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Stevo

Stevoadelaide

Does a great job

Have had the GW712 for 8 years and its been an absolute work horse with no problems doing the weekly washing for a family of 5. Really easy to use and seems pretty efficient and cleans really well even when using just cold water. discontinued now but would make a good second hand purchase for a family starting out im sure.

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
Voltaire

VoltaireWellington

Still going strong after 15 years

OK we're from the UK and front-loaders are standard there. The GW612 does not wash quite as well as a decent front-loader. However, we bought it second hand at 10 years old and it's been used heavily for a further 5 years. It was getting noisy on the spin, so I just changed the bearings and seal myself for $30 without too much trouble. I'm impressed with the direct drive motor - brilliant technology. The button panel is starting to crack now. F&P supply replacement decal panels fairly cheaply.

Date PurchasedJan 2002
Shmead

Shmead

Awesome machine

Had this machine since moving out of Home approx 15 years ago. Never had an issue with it until yesterday when it died. Always washed clothes well and was quiet to run. Absolutely loved it and devastated mine has now died. I wish they still made them like this one.

Date PurchasedJul 2003
Shannon B

Shannon BAdelaide

I love this Machine!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2004
Beer Baron

Beer BaronMelbourne

Not invincible.

Plucky. Bought 2nd hand and exposed to many conditions. The control board just died after owning secondhand for 5 years. Great Value.

I recommend this highly but keep away from bugs. The only reason the board shorted was due to a pesky insect. Other than that I believed it would last forever until that point.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
wattaman

wattamanDarling Downs, QLD

Just keep working, never stops.

Date PurchasedJun 2008
Top Loading Washing Machines

I believe the drum balance to be an issue as others have stated

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Kate

KatePialba

Awesome - never misses a beat

Have had this washing machine over 8 years now and it has never missed a beat. We are a family that fishes, plays a lot of sport and has tradesmen (so produces some very dirty clothes) and it washes them beautifully.
The delicate setting lets it also handle light, fragile garments so it works well on everything!

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Great Machine

Machine never skipped a beat. Have been using it for a family of five for 10 years now and never had a problem with it.
Just purchased a house with room only for a front loader, so bought a Fisher & Payke again, hopefully it is as good as the last one.

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Washing Fanatic

Washing FanaticGold Coast

Best Machine

Date PurchasedJun 2003

The best washing machine I have ever owned

My Fisher & Paykel top loader washing machine is just the best. Hot and cold fill, so no heating element is used to heat up the water = lower bills
Top loaders are good because they work WITH gravity rather than against it - resulting in minimum chances of bearings going,
Top loaders also have better spin results.
But overall this is a damn good make of washing machine and I dread the day anything goes wrong with it.
Its the only appliance I could never be without.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

washing machine GW712

i just replaced the rotor censor 420296P Part it worked the first time but know it doing the same it wont fill probaly and keeps coming up with error code 10000010 i have pulled it apart twice to check all the wires are on looks all ok can you help plse

Satisfied customer

That Good I Married The Woman That Owned It

Errol.J

Errol.J

Just keeps going

14 years old and still washing clothes perfectly...
As the old guy that sold it to me said if you want the best washing machine buy a Fisher & Paykel
He wasn't wrong... Does a minimum of two loads everyday and other days up to six loads.
Family of 5... Can't give this model one ounce of negative feedback
AAA+++

Mine is Model GW52-F so I don't know if I'm in the right place to write a review

Philmac

Philmac

Great machine, still reliable since 2003.

I purchased the GW512 in 2003, and it is still running to this day. I have been luckier than some of the other reviewers that have had issues with balance and issues with nil operation or noises, I suppose, as I have not experienced these at all, it runs as if it's new, and is used on full loads a couple of times a week.

I have moved from state to state dozens of times, being in the military, and only one time did the PCB have to be reset into it's position as one of the moves dislodged it, and the led lights where out of alignment, which the removal companies insurance fixed the next day, and I don't blame Fisher and Paykel for.

Over all it has great features, looks good, and washes very well. Very happy with this machine..

LDS

LDSasked

Top Load GW712 (7.5kg)

Hi, i have a GW712 AU 2004 machine. It's currently not draining properly when it gets to the rinse cycle. i have checked all the parts on the machine and they seem to be fine, the only thing i have noticed is underneath the machine there is a 5 cent size black dust/dirt stuff after each load. Does the drain pump need to be replaced or the cold water inlet?

Gordon

Gordonasked

Top Load GW712 (7.5kg)

When were these machines made, from what year to end of production

GMP

GMPasked

Top Load GW512 / GW612 / GW712

I love my F&P GW712. It's over 15 years old and only problem has been the drainage pump but lately I have been having issues with the cold water filling. The water flow pulses on/off when I hit start. I turn the machine off and on again and sometimes it fills normally but sometimes it pulses again. Could it be the filter maybe?? Or a pump of some sort?

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel Top Load GW512 / GW612 / GW712
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Water Rating3stars3stars3stars