Fisher & Paykel GWL15

Fisher & Paykel GWL15

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Do not buy it is a piece of junk.

It has failed numerous times. Like all the other bad reviews. The good ones are the exception. When I took it apart to do the repair, their circuit board was also a giant book of what not to do. They can;t even install a fuse correctly. And the funny part is the "copyright" the filed for their junk. I don't think the Chinese would even want to copy this one.

Date PurchasedJan 2008
JESSY COOK

JESSY COOKlakewood

AGITATOR'S " PLASTIC HANDS" BREAK OFF WHEN WASHING CLOTHES RIPPING, SCHREADING,ETC

Holly24

Holly24Albury

Efficient Washer

This washing machine is a cheap great machine. It is a top loader that is a good size for small spaces. The electronic buttons are easy to use. The machine beeps to indicate the cycle is finished. There are many different types of cycles ie easy iron and hand wash. This machine is gentle on the clothes and has a good spin cycle.
beep to indicate end of cycle, Push button display, quick easy iron cycle

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel GWL15 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

axcentric

axcentricGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It cleans clothes well, has a time delay so you dont have the start the machine immediately. I just love it. Buy it!
I bought this washing machine after a lot of reviews I read online. I switched back to a top loader from having a front loader (LG machine expensive to repair and sounded like a plane taking off, soo loud).. but this machine, has been great. I like the capacity of 6.5kg, I like functions on it, I like the size and mostly I like the fact it doesn't sound like a noisy jet plane taking off.
Boo, I have to clean the fabric softener holder. Oh dear! Lid isn't flat which means I can't pop anything on top of it, but its no big deal.

I have read previous comment and find it hard to see how they have had this particular model for several years ewhen it is only the 09 model. Yes I too find that the washing powder does not dissolve but I truely believe this is more to do with the brand of powder and the way its changed to concentrate formula in the last 2 years as I had this kind of machine for 10 years before buying this one and never had a problem.
Your able to program your favorite cycle so any member of the family has no excuse not to put a load on.
Would prefer if it had a flat lid and not slighlty rounded.Also would be good if you could remove lid like my previous model to clean under it.

jerrad31

jerrad31South East Queensland, QLD

OK

for the last 7 years it has been great until now. sometimes it wont turn around when filling then it has to stop and think for an hour or so weather it wants to wash once it washes and empties it does the same thing rinsing and spinning. it is getting worse. the strange thing is that all week its usually fine the week ends it plays up. dont think i would purchase a f and p again
holds a lot of clothes its quiet
leaves scum on clothes powder and liquid not always my of balance does not work so it wont stop it just keeps banging.

Good

red78

red78

Have had this washing machine for quite a few years now and have never had any problems whatsoever. It is really quiet and has lots of different wash choices, water levels and the delayed start is a great feature as I can fill it up with washing the night before and it is ready to hang out when I wake up if necessary. Nice and big to hold heaps of clothes - would recommend this product.
love how you can delay the starting time for 3, 6, or 9 hours in advance
it spins for ages but I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing

Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Bad

Working full time, having to wait for 4 machine washes takes far too long on a Saturday. I cannot leave it as it is continually going off balance and stopping, no matter what I do
Washes OK
Takes too long for a cycle, gets off balance REALLY easily and beeps like a distressed whale until I correct it

Top Loading Washing Machines

sharsbargains

sharsbargains

OK

it's pretty good as it's all automatic so much as it senses how much water to use but leaves a lot of powder residue on clothes.
simple to use.senses how much water to use.
leaves soap powder scum on lots of clothes.

Bad

Would not buy another F&P after this machine. Everyone in my family has one and we all have the soap dissolving problem no matter what we use. I have found that if I keep the loads smaller and manually set the water level it is better, however, this defeats the purpose of buying a larger machine!
Easy to use, time delay is great
Have to use a liquid washing soap, or dissolve the powder. Cannot overload or it is terrible! Parts for computer expensive