Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Top Loader

WA1068P1 (10kg), WA8560P1 (8.5kg), IW712, IW812, WA70T60FW1 (7kg) and 2 more

Terrible

Our clothing is being destroyed in this machine. Pilling on brand new items, lace being torn, grease type marks on clothes and lint all over clothing, first time I've ever used a lint brush! I had a machine for over 10 years prior with no issue, switched to a Samsung front loader and couldn't wait to get back to a Fisher and Paykel top loader... I'm so disappointed. I have spoke with Fisher and Paykel and they are being helpful and sending a technician out to look at the machine. Will keep you posted on outcome.

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $899.00.

Dani

Dani

This machine is ruining and ripping our clothes, towels and bedding!

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,388.00.

Noise Level
enza

enzaSydney, NSW

Worst Machine Ever

Purchased in August 2018.

Never Again

Purchased Model WA8060P1 and have no end of problems.After the warranty ran out we had to have the logic board replaced and then six months later water starts leaking from the bottom of the appliance
We always thought Fisher Paykel was a name that could be trusted and on reflection that was a myth.
Will never go anywhere near this companies products ever again,BE WARNED from the reviews their products are not worth the exorbitant prices they charge.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

3Oh

3OhSunshine Coast

Customer Service was exceptional

Date PurchasedApr 2018

s55

s55Murrumbeena

Love it still after 3yrs

Many cycles. Tried all and extremely satisfied. Delicate cycle very good for a top loader. Cycle times accurate and love that I can spin one item of clothing and does not go out of balance. Use it regularly and it hasn't missed a beat. Also has a good fast spin. Love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Best Washing machine EVER!

The best washing machine I ever had. A lot of people have problems because, they don't READ the instructions. Most of bad reviews I read on here were due to the owner not knowing their own product. If you watch the CD and read the error messages this machine tells you what to do in every situation. The 4th washing machine I've had and if they still made them, I'd buy the exact same model again. I have had it nearly 20 years only had pump changed twice and filter once.

Date PurchasedFeb 1999

4WDriver

4WDrivermelbourne

Very reliable machine

TWe have had a near perfect run with this and we are heavy users with a big family. I would like to say that it hasn't missed a beat - that's nearly correct but I did have to replace the outlet pump after three years. No worries it was really easy and I just bought the parts on ebay. Apart from thats steady and reliable performance

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Jesse

JesseSydney, NSW

Great size with different cycles!

We live in a small apartment so getting a 8.5 kg was a great option. It has more than 10 different cycles from sports, heavy to wool and delicate. It cleans and rise perfectly with minimum noise. We have been using it for almost a year a our clothing does not look wear out. My favorite features are the soil and spin speed options that this model offers.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Zeina T

Zeina TAU

So far so good

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jeff

JeffSydney

Top Loader review

The Fisher & Paykel top loader has been excellent so far. I have had it 6 months & no problems. Clothes come out washed properly on even the "quick wash" cycle plus it has heavier cycles for muddy footy gear etc. The delicates cycles seems good to. I'd recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Nippy2

Nippy2Mont Albert

Its OK Not as solid as the old ones

We have had a very good run with Fisher and Paykel appliances but they got sold to Haier a few years back and its starting to show up in their models. Our top loader is very good and has not given us any trouble so far but it has a plasticky flimsiness that you didnt used to see. Will it last 20 years like the old ones? Highly unlikely but for now its doing good work. To be fair, we use it every day and it always works.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Sparky

SparkySydney

Was Replaced after 2 months and now this one needs replacing, Terrible Service

Short and Sweet version.
First one stopped after 2 months and was replaced after a week with a new one!
Now this one has "Out of Balance" fault, Even when we have emptied it, WTH!
Will not pass the 28 min mark and now we have to wait 2 weeks til a service representative turns up!
Who do they pay to get top marks in choice and canstar?
I still don't think they wash the clothes properly, always marks are left!
Washing machines are a long term investment and should work for 10 years or more,

Well they used too!!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

lyndasydney

lyndasydneySydney

Reliable and good capacity perfect for a family of 4

I love my new washing machine, I can wash most of my clothes in 2-3 loads. It has a great capacity and all sorts of functions and cycles suitable for cotton, wool and delicate fabrics as well. It was recommended by Choice Magazine and I trust them, that spurred my initial choice. The machine is quiet. I bought it from Appliances online and it was delivered within a few days. They also took my old washing machine away for recycling! I would also recommend it!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Cheers55

Cheers55melbourne

Good family washer

This is our third Fisher and Paykel and while I agree with others that the quality is not a good as it used to be, it is still very good. Our boys just check anything in the is washer and it always churns through. The user interface is absolutely simple and the results are always reliable. I dont know if it will last like the old ones but I think the brand is still good compared to others

Date PurchasedMar 2017
ControlHQ

ControlHQBallarat

Fabric NOT smart Just OK

We bought this based on the long service and reliability of our previous Fisher and Paykel washer. Well things have changed! I knew as soon as we got it that the build quality was not the same and recently its taking little nips out of things so there is a snag point somewhere inside. This is honestly a pretty crappy washer compared to the old days. It works but you can tell there is no way it will put in the long service like the old days due to its cheap construction, Just OK

Date PurchasedMar 2017

SMW

SMWSydney

Terrible Washing Machine -Terrible Customer Service - Buyer Beware!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

User Manual is NOT HELPFUL - PLEASE IMPROVE IT...

Got F&P WA8560P1 (even waited for it from Sydney because Good guys ran out of stock!) because I saw its high rating. We were disappointed because the manual is NOT EASY to understand.
1.) It mentioned about resetting the washer to default setting - BUT it doesn't mention what the DEFAULT setting of the washer is!
2.) Buttons are not user friendly though the machine looks sturdy and robust. Adjusting washer options IS A PAIN - PERHAPS A VERY INSTRUCTIONAL MANUAL WILL EASE THE PAIN OF ADJUSTING THE MACHINE. FOR EXAMPLE, just turning the DELAY START was a mystery by following the manual.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Wayne M

Wayne MHunter Region, NSW

It just works

washes well, is mostly quiet in operation and though sceptical about full auto it does a good job in selecting fabrics, spin speed and wash action. Powder through the top is easy and never found anything undissolved. You can set how you like or just press start, now been running for 3 years including a move out of Sydney.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Lachlan b

Lachlan bSydney

Strong smart loader.

Plenty of options to choose from when washing. Have put in large loads consistently and seems to do a pretty good job. I have used Fisher front loaders but prefer the top loader edition seems to get the job and stir the suds around more effectively. Can be too aggressive

Date PurchasedAug 2017

K Bandara

K Bandaraasked

FabricSmart WA80T65FW1 (8kg)

it is unbalance. when I watch a online video It says this is caused by blocking the holes on drum. I opened in as shown on video. It shows balancing rod but my machine has not go a one like that. Drum holes were clear.
Can you provide the manual to check whether this machine has no balancing rod or it was missing from manufacturing.

Nancy Heyes

Nancy Heyesasked

What is the point of the glass lid? I thought I would be able to see through it!

Jo W.

Jo W.asked

FabricSmart WA1068P1 (10kg)

My machine fills up, very slowly because we have low water pressure. I open the lid and watch the level of water covering the clothes. Then the lid locks, it does some kind of surge sound, and when I can open up the lid again it seems to have emptied itself and the detergent and then it starts again. After 10-12 minutes into the cycle, it then starts washing. It doesn't matter if I choose auto fill or not, or Eco wash? Also it is very noisy clonking sound as it is detecting the water level.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA8060P1 (8kg)
  • Discontinued

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA8060P1 (8kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart IW712

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart IW712

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart IW812

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart IW812

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA80T65FW1 (8kg)
  • Discontinued

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA80T65FW1 (8kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA70T60FW1 (7kg)
  • Discontinued

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA70T60FW1 (7kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA8560P1 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA8560P1 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA1068P1 (10kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA1068P1 (10kg)

CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,199$1,499
Capacity8.5 kg10 kg
Household Size 3-4 people5+ people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Number of Spin Speeds33
Number of Wash Cycles1212
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,380 mm1,460 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJul 2003Jul 2003Aug 2011Aug 2011
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8060G1 (8kg)Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA70T60FW1 (7kg)Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WA80T65FW1 (8kg)

Download manual