Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Lights

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Lights

Wonderful Cot/ Playpen

Though this is a travel cot I used this as my baby's bed for the 12 months. I bought it before my baby was born, used the bassinet level for the first 4 months then had to change to the bottom level as my baby is large in size. Not only is this travel cot beautiful but it is also practical. The width of this cot is slightly smaller than the standard portacot widths, but it is this tiny fraction that allowed me to move it around the house through doorways without collapsing it.

The mattress is thick and soft enough for my baby to sleep on it. I now use this as a playpen for my baby.
Sturdy, beautiful, practical
Expensive

Best $50 I've spent!

I love this cot toy and so does my baby. He has learnt to turn it on and off at 6 months and it keeps him amused in his cot in the morning when I haven't woken up yet. I bought the newer model which looks a bit different and comes with a remote to turn it on and off without disturbing the baby.
Inexpensive, plays lot of different songs, different visual options bubbles/lights/music/fish swim on or off
Can use batteries quickly

OK

My baby loves to look & listen to it, but it doesn't help me baby to go to sleep. So we mainly use it for playtime, or just to keep her entertain for a while in the cot.
It has different colourful ocean animals & soothing musics. It also has light and bubbles which always capture my baby's attention. She loves to look at it while in the cot. Loves the light while in the dark room.
The movement of the fish gets quite noisy (especially in quiet room when baby is trying to sleep). Battery consuming if using it regularly.

Overall works wonderfully and keeps baby happy when she is wide awake she plays with the little toys on it and when tired puts her to sleep! its great alot of good features....not just a mobile i love it and so does bubba! :) well worth it!
It is wonderful the lights,sounds and movement!is very sturdy and good for babies who are mobile as it will take wear and tear
it starts to get louder after awhile ...not the music just the movement mode

It has lasted two children and we still have it attached to the cot, good used just as a nightlight with no music. I have given this as a gift several times.
A setting that plays for ten minutes and switches itself off. Bright and colourful, has a volume switch.
Batteries don't last very long.

Good

We love this. My first child really liked it but I was careful that she didn't get dependant on it for sleep so didn't use it every sleeptime. We did remove it from her cot when she was able to sit herself up and turn it on. Now no. 2 is using it and he seems to like the lights and motion. I haven't found it churns thru batteries, I think we're only our second set and child 2 is using it. It did stop blowing bubbles at one point, but after a year or so resting before we got it out for no. 2, the bubbles work again!
Very cute, has different settings for just music, motion, lights and bubbles, volume control, fixes very securely to the cot, distracts bub from crying
Is quite difficult to attach to the cot, but only need to do that once, can be turned on easily by an older baby which isn't great in the middle of the night

I turn this on if my baby wakes during the night, I usually have it on the ocean sound and he seems to like the whooshing of it. But if he needs distracting I will turn in onto the light movement and sound, he hasnt figured out how to turn it on yet but when my older son used to use it I didnt find it a problem as he eventually fell asleep.
It plays different types of lullaby's to the sound of bubbles and the ocean, I have used this with both my sons and they love it.
It can be quite noisy when its in the light sound and movement mode.As the batteries are running low the tank can clunk a little bit and seems to struggle.

Good

I didn't attach it to the cot as it was so heavy I was worried in case it fell. I put it on a table next to the cot with the lights on and our baby seems to find it soothing. However our toddler has claimed it as a night light and bedtimes are now so much less hassle as he can turn it on and off by himself and loves watching the fish and the lights. I'd definitely recommend it as it lasts for ages. But you really can only use it if you have rechargeable batteries otherwise just environmental vandalism.
Our toddler loves this and have found bedtimes easier
Goes through batteries incredibly quickly, very heavy

Bad

The theory behind this is great. After all - fish tanks are meant to be relaxing. However this toy encourages baby to interact with it when they kick or push a button. Our experience tells us that a toy free cot is the best way for baby to get restful sleep. It was well made though,
I loved the idea of this. Lovely music. Very relaxing to look at. Not too hard to attach to the cot
Coming into the room at nap time and seeing your baby kicking and laughing at this toy instead of sleeping is NOT a relaxing way to get baby to sleep!

Bad

We got this as a gift, and it seems to be a better toy for the parents rather than the child, as it tends to distract baby from sleeping, especially when mine use to kick it during the night, and wake up to the lights and music, but it's a good wind down toy if you can attach it further away from bub's ability to kick it! The movement of the seacreature is not smooth, as mentioned by a previous review, as it does get stuck at the end before coming back, but it doesn't bother the baby, nor does the mechanical noise which is definitely noticeable. A lovely piece of equipment in theory, but I think any toys in the cot deters bub from sleeping well, so this is one that I think you can definitely live without.
Music is interesting & relaxing and not boring or annoying. Cute movement of sea creatures and light.
Difficult to attach and remove, and to replace batteries, you have to take the detach the unit from the cot (a real hassle). Not a good choice if you have a bub that needs sleep training.

Good

Great looking product, very imaginative & colourful. Found it frustrating to put onto cot when I got it, but lucky it's not everyday this needs to be done - just when batteries die I guess. Which is actually quite fast compared to other products. Nevertheless my baby does find it soothing now, also has a good time playing with it. At first though it didn't put him to sleep, he just played and it seemed to stimulate him, now though as he is used to it I think he recognises it as sleep time. Have spoken to many mums who swear by this product.
Looks good & music is soothing
Battery life in it, annoying to take off and put on cot

I was having trouble getting my 4 month old to settle herself at night so a friend of mine loaned me her aquarium. Well it works everytime!!! I quickly went out and bought one as she just loves it. It has a few settings so you can just put the music on or have music and lights and bubbles. I'm so glad this product was recommended to me!!!
Very colourful and entertaining. The water sound is very relaxing. Very easy to attach to the cot. Great for helping your baby to settle themselves. Has a few different settings.
Takes four D batteries so gets expensive to replace them. The mechanics are noisy but my little one doesn't seem bothered at all.

Good

A good toy to take the place of a mobile and to hold the baby/ child's interest for a while. Good for bedtimes, to get them off to sleep.
I don't find that it sucks batteries either, like most others have said. I bought it months ago and am still on the same pack of batteries. Although, maybe we don't use ours as much as others ?
As i have said above, i feel the noise of the mechanism lets the toy down. I read into reviews about the product before i bought it though and would still buy it again. I had a 2nd hand Fisher Price Flutter Bye Dreams attachment originally and quite liked that, but after getting the aquarium, gave away the Flutterbye, thinking we wouldn't need two surely ? There's just too many toys around these days ! In hindsight, I wish i had kept it, as in my opinion it was less noisy and will probably hold my baby's interest longer when he is older, due to the light show. Having said that though, a baby can't interact with the Flutterbye as with the aquarium.
I didn't find that this toy was overlly suitable for a newborn, maybe the music was soothing, but it wasn't until my son was older he started to pay attention.
It's a very good cot toy / soother and would reccomend it, but it's not a neccessity.
My son who is now seven and a half months loves looking at this toy. He has recently learnt how to kick it it turn it on and off and also kick the spinning crab and starfish on the front. (he isn't sitting yet, so i hope when he does, he will get more enjoyment out of it, when it's at eye level) The music is all good, i turn it on at night for him on the lights and music, but no movement setting- on the babbling brook noise as all the others are a bit too stimulating for my liking.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet - I find the aquarium mechanism - that makes the sea creatures move - extremely noisy - i was actually shocked how noisy it was when i first switched it on. Having said that - it doesn't effect my son's interest in it, but to me, it's a shame that something that is rather expensive for what it is, is so noisy.
I also have a Fisher Price papasan swing and the one thing that peeves me about that, is that the mechanism is so noisy ! - I don't know :O) Maybe it's just a Fisher Price thing.
I am also surprised that no one has mentioned the way that the aquarium is attached to the cot. Although very sturdy when fully attached, it's fiddly to get the batteries in and out and there is a big chunky battery compartment on the back, so you can't sit the cot flush to the wall. I did have the aquarium attached to the opposite cot side, but it didn't look nice there as all i could see was the chunky back and it was a bit low for my son.
If you're cot has rails all round it, you won't have a problem attaching it wherever you like, but i have a cot where the top and bottom ends are solid wood with no rails, so putting it at the bottom end was not and option, but would be nice, if you have the right type of cot.
A small downside that has recently occured with the toy - the sea creatures get a little stuck at one point of their journey around the tank, but i'm sure this doesn't happen to evryone's aquarium !

We were given this when my first son was born. What a hit! The music is so soothing and the lights soft. My second son loved it as much as my first. I have given as a gift to 2 of my friends and both thier children loved it too. Enough things to keep them entertained, easy for little fingers to use. And it's Fisher Price, so you know it will last!
Soft, soothing music. The lights and bubbles fascinated both my children. Fisher Price so you know it will last..
Uses the batteries very quickly (may be best with rechargable ones, haven't looked in to this!?)

Good

I love this soothing addition to our cot. We are on our 3rd child and 2nd Aquarium. When the cot and baby were in our own bedroom I found it soothing for me to fall asleep to as well - lol.
Makes a great gift for baby.
With the little toys on it, it helps keep the older baby interested as well as the new bub. Volume controls are pretty good too.
Definitely worth the money.
The music is very soothing and settling. It has several settings so that you can just have the music, just the lights, or all the lights, music and bubbles.
These are heavy on batteries.
If they could make these with an optional adaptor to plug in it would be perfect.

We are using this for the second baby and she loves it as much as the first one did. Colourful, variety of tunes and settings, and soon puts baby to sleep. Good for eye stimulation too as they follow the fish around. First baby soon learnt how to turn it on and resettle herself when older. We live near a main road so helps subdue the traffic noise at sleep time. Also good for a night light when one has to attend to baby during the night. Has stood it's test of time so very durable and still looks as good as the day we bought it.
Keeps baby entertained

Good

We play this for my son when he goes down for a sleep and he really likes the music. When he wakes up he will play with the buttons for a while also.
Good range of soothing music
The light is a bit bright when it is on the light function

I had this for both my children and it is the best. There are a selection of songs and noises to entertain and different settings for song/bubbles/lights, or song/lights or just song.
Very colourful and very soothing. It is easy for the baby/toddler to play with the clam shell and the fish buttons on the front.
Volume is at the top and with a cheeky toddler during the night, they can turn it up and wake everyone up (it can be loud in the middle of the night). The straps are only designed to attach the unit to the top of the cot rail and would be better to attach it a bit lower so younger babies can see it a bit better. It uses a fair bit of battery power.