Foxtel NBN 50/20 (Plus)

Foxtel NBN 50/20 (Plus)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (13) · No (23)

Slow Internationally

All speed tests to Sydney are great 50/20 but try to access something in the USA or Singapore and you are back to ADSL speeds or worse. The add-on package sounded cheap but since they don't offer email support I am going back to Optus who kept my email alive. Cheers, Phill

Don't do it.

Tried to save money changing from Aussie Broadband. Absolute nightmare before they even connected. DONT DO IT. One star is too much.
There is only one business in Australia that is worse than FOXTEL, Guess who?

Very poor support.

New connection scheduled for 11th May. Reported no internet connection 12th May. Advised need to refer to nbn technical 13th May, SMS received 17th May confirming nbn appt today is scheduled at 1PM - 3PM. Phoned Foxtel 4:50pm to advise no contact/no technician/no internet. After 50 minutes on call customer service cannot provide me an update, cannot say whether nbn technician has acted on case, cannot advise when I'll receive an update or when the Internet connection I order for the start of last week will be active. Customer experience 0. Should have read all the reviews before ordering. Only selected 1 star as it didnt allow me to select 0 Stars!

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Foxtel NBN 50/20 (Plus) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Nik

NikSydney, NSW

Bloody rubbish.

To think I ditched a perfectly good Telstra nbn service to receive what can only be described as a substandard nbn delivery. Last time I had buffering on a video or streaming service was in 1994. Measure the speed and it’s not too bad but watch anything on WiFi or the compulsory IQ4 and it’s time to make a toasted sandwich. They are on selling a third rate nbn service.
Zero stars if I could.

Doug

DougGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

9 days with no resolution and counting

I was doing an online video call and suddenly - nothing. 9 days on - no resolution and no plan. Don’t call you - don’t fix. Have provided them with a whole heap of data. Sent NBN around - they told us that there was nothing wrong with the connection - but they had seen this before from Foxtel. They finally sent us a new Hub - no change. Will do anything to avoid cost on there side. Poor people in call centre reading from a script that offers no relief or solution. Stay away. Pick anyone else.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Never Ever Sign Up To Foxtel Internet

Never ever sign up to foxtel internet. Absolutely disgusting service, internet never works. Paying for 50/20 and get 4/5. Have tried calling 10 times in the last 2 weeks, kept getting the run around, getting lied to and told they would get their managers etc to call. Never received a call back. Dont waste your time and money with this poor service.

hhhdfy

hhhdfyAU

Awful. Slow and drops out but apparently there is nothing wrong

Awful service. Despite obvious slow speed, 2 mbps Foxtel service (what a joke) ask you to turn the modem on and off, then when that doesn't work say they will escalate the problem to the NBN team. Thats code for we won't be calling! Useless. If you are thinking Foxtel for NBN think again as we have nothing but problems and by the look of other reviewers it seems to be a business practise

Stephan

Stephan

When teamed up with the IQ box. Nothing but spasmodic connections and speed.

Foxtel Broadband teamed up with Foxtel streaming (IQ4 box) = poor choice. Hugely varied speeds, even at 3am in the morning, "no connection to internet" when running box tests (all laptops connect ok and reliably - so why not the actual Foxtel streaming service), and regularly having to reboot weekly and manually re-enter NBN settings to the IQ box. Cant wait to change to a new NBN provider to see if the Foxtel Service is at fault. Poor reliability at best. But according to service follow ups "you show no obvious issues"

EB-KP

EB-KPPerth, WA

Irresponsible, Poor and Negligent Foxtel & NBN service

Terrible

They cancelled our internet, because we were “nbn ready” so they needed to send someone out to set it up. This took about 3 weeks for them to come out. Only to be told we weren’t nbn ready and we had to get the nbn people out here. This took another 2 weeks( they came out yesterday). So we ring foxtel only to be told by there rude customer service that they never came out and that we were lying. They also took money out of out of our account despite us not having any internet connection for over a month, which is really hard considering we have to work from home. Save your self the time and money and choose a different service, customer service is terrible, and the internet speeds are slow for what you are paying.

Danielle J.

Danielle J.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst decision to move to Foxtel NBN

mjk

mjkDarling Downs, QLD

HORROR!!!!!

Have been connected to foxtel broadband and home phone for 3 months now and it has been a DISASTER. Save yourself a lot of grief and frustration and DON'T consider foxtel broadband and landline. It simply NEVER WORKS. I wouldn't even give it 1 star only I have to,, it is so bad they shouldn't be allowed to offer it.

julie

julieSydney, NSW

Terrible! Couldn’t even connect me.

I got contacted by Foxtel offering a Foxtel/NBN cheap bundle deal. I agreed and 10 weeks later (with the last few days having no internet whatsoever), there was still no connection. No explanation, no urgency just terrible service! Thank God for Aussie Broadband, they rescued me in less than 24 hours!

Mike Galpin

Mike Galpin

Terrible, terrible and even more terrible customer service.

Jason

Jason

Terrible service

After leaving one company to poor service I signed up with Foxtel to receive even worse service. So quick to sign you up without giving you all the information. Three weeks in and still waiting for the modem to arrive.

The support is even worse. Can’t give you any answers or over any assistance. An hour on the phone and got no where.

Hopefully there are better companies around.

Tammi B

Tammi Basked

Foxtel internet keeps going down. Every two days or so, our internet goes out anywhere from 15 minutes to now over 24 hours. Keep calling Foxtel only to be told there are no outages, yet we talk to other town residents and they are experiencing the same things. Foxtel uses Telstra nbn lines...and there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. We keep getting told that it must be an issue in our lines...yet if that were the case, other people wouldn't be having the same problems. All this started with switching to nbn. I used to be with iinet, but switched our internet to Foxtel because their television service has been great. So sorry that we did that now. I'm paying for internet that I can't use half the time and it's getting extremely frustrating!

Anyone else experiencing these issues? We're in regional WA.

Helen P

Helen Pasked

well, we thought we were alone. We have had discussing customer service while trying to get internet at our home. They make out you are dumb and their answer to everything is to disconnect reset or get your computer checked. Same routine every call. Had no home phone for 3 months and when I asked for compensation was told we didnt pay for the phone so cant help you. Have had Telstra out once and they are coming today again, oh but it works when they are here and 5 minutes later its gone again.Out of the 40 odd calls I have made we still dont have internet. If it wasnt for the sports channel I would tell them to stick the whole lot where the sun dont shine. Our previous broadband was with Spintel and we thought that was bad having to ring once a fortnight but this is every day. If anyone has changed who have they changed to and is it any better? Thanks

joe