Franklins

ReviewPrincessNSW, 2340

NatDe

NatDe

Terrible

Franklins used to be good value but now they are often more expensive than other stores. I used to shop there on a regular basis but now I never go there.
    Sometimes they stock things that you can't get at other stores.
    Has a very cheap atmosphere, they are under-staffed.

GoGoGoanna

GoGoGoanna

Good

An excellent store with good service, a wide range of products and some excelletn bargains. The cheap vegetable table is well worth a look expecially for soup vegies. the bread can be a bit pricey but is usualy good quality.
    The Ashfield store generally has friendly helpful staff and a good range of specials. They often have chicken mince nad turkey steaks at competetive prices. With Franklin's markdowns and specials you really do get a good price reductiom. I have often picked up bargains in the dairy section on yoghurt, cream and dairy desserts.
    Some items are actually more expensive than Coles and Woolworths so it pays to price compare.

loveandrage

loveandrageNSW, 2650

OK

While I am happy with the quality and prices Franklins has to offer I shop there less than I would simply due to the poor of customer service. I don't want to have to wait in line while the checkout girl has to call a supervisor every time someone buys an item on mark down or because there are only two lanes open.
    Franklins rewards club.
    My store in Wagga never has enough trollies, and it is annoying to have to find a $2 coin to use one. Limited parking. Slow service. Do not seem to want to serve smokers eventhough their store is making a profit from tabacco.

DRMC7

DRMC7

OK

Worse than Coles, Better than Woolies. Not many stores around these days but staff are generally friendly and stock is good.
    Good Prices
    Stores and Equipment too old

rw2830

rw2830

Cheap alternative to Coles and Woolworths. I don't buy fruit and vegetables from there instead have to buy frozen. The aisles are nice and wide and fairly quiet. They don't have as many express lanes as other grocery shops. Although they don't stock all brands I find that I can generally get everything that I need to (except for fresh fruit and vegetables). Franklins is my default grocery shopping outlet. I would recommend to others.
    Nice wide aisles. Fairly quite. Prices are very good. Lots of trolleys.
    Fruit and vegetables are not really excellent. Not much variety in bakery department.

jonoc77

jonoc77NSW, 2223

Good

This Franklins is within walking distance for me so it is good to pick up a few last minute items. I would not shop there for a large grocery order. We have got 2 $20 vouchers this year just from buying things every now and then, so that is worth something.
    A reasonable range of goods. Prices re competitive. There is a good loyalty program that rewards frequent purchases. They seem to have good specials and lots of items in stock. The staff are friendly.
    Sometimes hard to find certain goods. The store seems crowded and the aisles are narrow. It is almost always crowded and the queues are long. You have to find $2 coins to put into the trolleys.

Mythic

Mythic

Good

Can't compete with the bigger chains like coles and woolies, but isn't bad if you just want to duck in for something small. The generic brand is pretty cheap and some of the weekly specials are very reasonable.
    Some really great bargins, no frills brand is really cheap, good for generic products for cooking and so on and canned goods, loyalty card which is pretty decent, though I don't shop there enough to fully benefit from it.
    My local is really dingy looking, has no deli, no real fresh food except produce and even then it isn't a great selection

jgeagea

jgeageaNSW, 2161

Good

Aisle are neat and well organised so it is easy to find what you are lookng for. The staff are usually helpful. Trading hours are long enough but vary between stores. I definetely recommed joining Franklins loyalty club if you shop there often. There are many bonus point offers in the catalogues and online if you print the vouchers for bonus points. The No Frills Brand is cheap and quality is satisfactory.
    Always get major specials, there are many stores in the local area. The loyalty club is excellent and it is very easy to reach 2000 points and be rewarded $20. Plenty of parking available.
    Some stores don't have a deli.

lbj39

lbj39

OK

It doesn't seem that Franklins worries about the store appearances. I understand that is a good way to save money for a discount store, but they don't seem to be that discount. I am generally not a fan of the Franklins home brand. I've had quite a few disappointments so I don't tend to bother with it anymore. I go there if I'm going past and just need a few things, otherwise I generally don't bother.
    You can get some cheaper items especially if you are looking at the weekly specials
    The layout can be a bit drab

karmageddon

karmageddon

OK

I am definitely not as happy with Franklins as I used to be. The whole chain seems to have changed and not for the better. The layout of the stores I have been to do seem to be a bit random and it can be hard to find what I am looking for.
    Good weekly specials.
    Not as cheap as they used to be, in a lot of cases I have found them to be more expensive. Have encountered some very inept checkout staff and don't enjoy having to wait in line for extended periods due to half of the checkouts being closed. Limited range of generic brands and some are not very good quality.

trims

trims

marcel148

marcel148Australia

OK

I like to shop in this place due to convenience (very close to my place). Thre fresh food products sometime are really fresh anymore. I only shop in Franklins if I only need to buy a few things under $30 and non-fresh products.
    Good place to shop if you want to save some money. The price is very cheap compared to any other supermarket.
    The shop sometime is not very tidy, the lighting is dim and the products are not very well presented. They only have limited amount of products available in the store. The store is small and quite messy.

vanessaaa

vanessaaa

OK

There aren't enough franklins shops around for me to shop there every week but when i pass one in a shopping centre i do stop buy to pick up a few things. The closest one to my house has a large variety and is probably the biggest one i've seen. However the one in Panania seems smaller and more expensive with a smallre variety. Franklins isn't consistent and provides different shopping expereiences depending on where you are.
    I think most items are pretty cheap, when the store is located in a large shopping centre atmosphere eg. a Westfield
    There used to be a lot more stores around, but now it seems like some are disappearing.

myopi08

myopi08

OK

I do not shop at Franklins much, due to the above Cons reasons. Regarding the prices, I know sometimes Franklins offers cheaper prices than other supermarket in my area, but not always. I only shop at Franklins for the promotion stuffs.
    Another alternative for shopping groceries in my area. It is quite and no rush atmosphere.
    The one in my area doesn't provide fruits and vegetables, so I can't do one stop shopping in Franklins. The store is smaller. The product presentations are a bit of messy. Some of the pets and garden products create a bad smell which can be smelt from other adjacent ailes.

doublecurl

doublecurlSydney, NSW

I like to shop at Franklins when i can. I find they have a good range of products and most of the times cheaper than Coles and Woolworths for the same items. The service is friendly and the stores are usually quieter which is kinda nice. It's more relaxing to shop that way. Sometimes the store does look a little ghetto but as long as the products aren't damaged or soiled or whatever then i don't really care. Wish there was more Franklin stores around.
    Cheaper alternative to Coles and Woolworths in most cases
    Not enough stores. The closest one to me is 20 mins away.

Velly

Velly

OK

Overall, a nice medium-sized supermarket. I was intally impressed with their rewards card, but they seem to have stopped giving out bonus points on products! Prices on most goods are the same as Woolies/Coles, but a handful (such as cheese) seem to cost a lot more. My local store could do with a renovation, the floors look scuffed and dirty and doesn't give a nice impression which is a pity, because most of the products are good.
    Good prices, nice alternative to the main retailers, interesting brands, quick and good checkout service
    Store looks messy, smaller selection, too few stores around, small bakery section, bad fruit and veg section.

Memphis35

Memphis35

This is the only supermarket where I actually enjoyed shopping. It was a bit of a novelty to have to walk through the different sections and it was simply huge. It also had a really good atmosphere given it's popularity and the variety of foods meant that you could find pretty much everything at reasonable prices. At the end there was a lot of different fast food outlets where you could have lunch afterwards. This is a concept that Franklins should consider relaunching.
    Their Big Fresh store was an amazing concept, starting with a huge fruit, then meat and deli sections before going onto the normal multi isle located foods. It was actually fun to go shopping and the store itself revitalised the surrounding shops.

CourtneyWhite

CourtneyWhite

Being in a country town we have 2 small supermarkets so I can't really comment on the size of Franklins compared to woolies because our woolies is tiny! I have found the staff are more friendly at Franklins and are more willing to help, Que's are shorter, Meat is cheaper (sometimes by up to $10 per kilo!)Food on shelves is cheaper by a considerable amount. We started shopping at Franklins for the money side of things and would top up at woolies, but not anymore. The same trolley of shopping (same brands size etc) would cost around $320 a woolies, the same thing at Franklins $201... Enough Said
    Convienient, Cheap, Customer service (normally..) is good.
    The rewards card.. Spend $2000 and get $20 back RIP OFF!

whyvet