2.3

lordieshepherd1Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my vacuum sealer!

I find this to be a very effective, and thorough way of vacuum sealing my food. It is easy to use, but make sure you do read the instructions in full or you may get the process wrong. You can manual or auto seal the food. Also, best not to put in wet food like baked beans, or similar unless you freeze them first because if the juices get into the motor it will destroy the unit, and there goes your warranty. Love my sealer!

Maryann

MaryannSydney, NSW

Same Worst investment

I would have to agree with Big C. I purchased mine at a home show and it never worked properly. After complaining to the company with no satisfaction, into the cupboard it went. I pulled it out today and it won't heat up. I also still have all the original bags. I don't want to throw it out but I think i will have too.
Or just send it back. I would NOT encourage anyone toward this product and it was not cheap!

J.T

J.TDandenong

Great service and products

Appliance Brands

Find out how Freshield compares to other Appliance Brands

Worst investment of my life

Purchased at a Caravan and Motor Home show in Lismore, Tried to get a replacement unit at Adelaide M
C & MH Show, not interested. Have made several attempts to contact company, no luck still have not used the original bags supplied when purchased. It now lives in the garbage bin.

Works every 10th time I use it.

I think this product is way way overrated. It suits itself when it wants to work, my sister also purchased one she has already binned. I also purchased the containers which I find fantastic. I am about to bin my Freshfield and buy a sunbeam.

This company try to rip you off - never deal with this company

Freshield V.Freshield

Brenda BPerth

Poor quality, bad aftersale service and irresponsible attitude.

Brianmasked

We have a freshshield elite 11, I took the filter off the back as the bags would not seal,(the seals were not forming a perfect seal ). I plugged the two holes with blue tack & lo and behold it works fine, or it did. Problem now is that the heat sealing line is burning thru the plastic bags, it is getting over hot & melting the plastic bag, thanks, Brian.

lordieshepherd1

There are a couple of reasons why the seals are not forming correctly. One will be that the food inside the bag is wet food, not patted dry or dry food. If you are sealing a steak, chicken, mince, fish or other food that has large percentages of moisture, it is better to freeze them first, or in the case of steak and chicken pat them dry with a paper towel. This prevents moisture from getting between the bag's surfaces where the heat seal is to seal. Any foreign products between the surfaces will prevent the seal from adhering properly. The other could be the use of non-propriety bags which may not be suitable for the machine. Also, don't modify the unit as it will void warranty, so it would be best to put the filter back on, and remove the blu tack as well.

Brianm

Thank you, I know why the bags don't seal, I have fixed that, but why does the machine burn holes in the plastic bags when trying to seal ?, I've bought a cheapie from Kogan that does the job. Brian.

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Do you have a dealership in Western Australia

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Have you a dealership in Western Australia I need more BAGS

Get an answer from our members and Freshield representatives