Full Boar 750W Digital Drill Press

MPN: FBDDP-750
5.0 from 1 review

1 review

Stevo_Perth

Very good variable speed bench top drill press at a great price

Jas C

Jas Casked

What size Morse taper do the Fullboar drill presses use? Is it 2 or 3, and is it the same between the bench model and pedestal model?

Stevo_Perth

Sorry but I don't know and just fitted the 16mm chuck which is all I use. There is a manual available to download on the internet (or Bunnings site I think), or you might contact Full Boar here in Australia directly.

Henry

Henryasked

How good is it for steel

Stevo_Perth

Haven't used for steel, only wood. Can't see why any problems with variable speed and size of motor.

Flightedasked

Are you having any issues with the chuck or spindle accuracy? I have had two units where the chuck wobbles. The second is better than the first. The first unit drilled triangles in steel! Also, the digital readout failed on the first unit.

Stevo_Perth

Funny you ask that. Things have been perfect since assembly. However I had the chuck drop off the arbor recently after using a dodgy crooked spade bit. Whacked it back up and then was using a drill bit with a hex shaft (as designed for power tools) and was getting a wobble. Didn't think I had mis-loaded the bit and so was worried that something was amiss - loose bearing above the arbor? Next day I came down and checked out with a standard drill bit (cause was going to phone Full Boar in Melbourne) and things were perfect. So at present my arbor/shaft is straight with no give and the chuck seems to be holding bits perfectly in line. Suggest you contact Full Boar product support on the phone - number in the manual (available online as pdf). Failing that, if not fixed, although it's bloody heavy, just take back to Bunnings tool shop and demonstrate the flaw and they'll replace.

Stevo_Perth

PS. I have only been using in woods and not really hammering the unit hard or frequently.

Flighted

Cheers for the feedback. Yeah, I just took the first one back today. Bunnings replaced no problems but still seem to have issues with this one. The previous one had the chuck fall off a few times too. I haven’t been hammering it either, mostly wood and just a couple of bits of steel in 6 months. I’ll try giving Full Boar(Ozito) a call. Ozito did a recall on their bench drill press due wobbly chuck about a month ago.