Garmin Fenix 3

Garmin Fenix 3

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Battery Life

Aston

AstonSydney, NSW

Poor support, works well if you don't use it as a smart watch

Purchased in August 2019.

Battery Life

drew carruthers

drew carruthersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Garmin Fenix 3 watch

Great watch but the band lets it down i have one and my son and both bands have broken im on my third band they need to have a better band for the price you pay !

Purchased in June 2017 at 99 bikes burleigh heads .

Jai Latte

Jai LatteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot fault

Really good GPS watch. Highly accurate from my experience. Sort of wish I got the heart rate version but I am under the impression that the band you wrap around yourself is more accurate.

Purchased in September 2018 for $380.00.

Tyson

TysonNerrena

Excellent battery life

The Garmin Fenix 3 is a serious runner’s watch. As well as offering GPS tracking for runners and cyclists, the Garmin Fenix 3 has specific modes for other sports and exercise, including skiing.
It isn’t an all-metal design: Only the rim and buttons are metal. But the plastic casing feels incredibly tough, clearly a higher grade of material than you’re likely to see in the average fitness tracker. It’s “fiber-reinforced polymer”. Very fancy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

it wont die only take it off to sleep or have a shower

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Adrian.MBrisbane

Reliable and Easy to use

I bought the Fenix3 as a secondary choice behind a Gshock simply because it was a digital version of an already tough product. I have had this watch for 2 years without an issue to report. The interface is simple and the buttons are easy to press. Battery life has to be its greatest plus. She lasts me over 4 days without charge

Date PurchasedMar 2016

sad runner

sad runnermelbourne

Garmin fenix 3

Date PurchasedOct 2015

OLLY

OLLYMelbourne

Perfect

I got the Fenix 3HR model (advantage is no uncomfortable chest band heart rate monitor you have to wear). The face of the watch is quite large and sits off the wrist quite high, but i am not opposed to large watches. With the amount of functions that the Garmin Fenix 3HR has it is only a small set back for people who want something a little more sleek. I like this watch so much, i bought one for my friend for his birthday when i managed to get it half price (can be found quite easily). I jumped online and loaded a whole bunch of other functions onto the watch, cant speak more highly of it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Gigs

Gigs

Rubbish support

Bought fenix 3 and was super excited. However had heaps of sync issues and Open Water GPS and data issues. Called Garmin Support and worked for 2 hours to correct. No good. They offered replacement (send in watch and wait 4 weeks if lucky), no thanks. Or refund. However must be store of purchase. I bought it at a 99 Bikes store nowhere near home. Had a 99 Bikes store close to home but they refused. Garmin was no help. What if I bought a GARMIN in Paris on holidays and lived in Cairns...?
Yes this is more of a Garmin Customer Service review, but FYI anyway. No more Garmins for me.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jaxming

JaxmingBrisbane

Value $$$

Great item, solid piece of technology that's a must-have for sports addicts. It definitely has a lot less features than the Apple Watch, but it's definitely a lot more sturdy in build.

I was debating between picking this up or the Fenix 5, but honestly grabbing this at sub $300 - Who can complain!

Gold Coast Chris

Gold Coast ChrisBrisbane

Minor issues with data transfer, but much improved on previous models

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Greg

GregSouth Morang

Cannot live without this now. I use it for all my training sessions, which it allows me to track like never before. Even normal day to day life it makes everything so much easier. Every now and then it un-syncs from my phone, but I think that's my phones fault for being older.

Laurie

LaurieSouth Morang

Can't live without it now

Wasn't keen on the idea of smart watches originally, but had the Garmin Fenix 3 given to me as a gift. Now, I can't believe I ever went without. For tracking your training and progress, there is no better. And the GPS functions, have never missed a beat. Always told me exactly where I am.

Cristie

CristieMELBOURNE, Victoria

Best watch ever

Can’t live without it! I’ve had it over a year and it hasnt missed a beat. I have run two marathons and countless half marathons with it, plus lots of training and other activities that it allows. Easy to use and navigate through the settings, has run: walk ratios and virtual partners. Love this watch, and the battery lasts for ages!!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Miranda

Miranda

Great watch but really big

The watch is great and offers really great functions. Phenomenol battery life compared to other fitness trackers. The only complaint I have is that the watch is really big, and doesn't look very feminine. I have bought a pink watch band for it to try and make it look better but it's still so massive on a smaller wrist. I wish I knew the fenix 5 was going to be smaller bc I would have waited and purchased that one.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
headwerkn

headwerknNorth-West & West coast, TAS

• Selected Review

A well-featured and reliable GPS watch for triathlon and multisport

Date PurchasedMar 2015

SophieLC1984

SophieLC1984

chunky but changed my running!

everything about this watch is awesome. I'm an average runner in terms of ability but I run A LOT and run ultra distances. The battery life on this is amazing, I run 5-6 times a week normally and it last for days and days, probably over a week without being charged. I believe it lasts about 6 weeks in standby mode but ive never tried! all the gadgets etc on there are great, its super easy to use. I think it looks great (although maybe a little big on my small wrists but i dont really care!)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

BigCal

BigCal

Can't fault it

I have had this watch now for 12 months and are thrilled with the data and usability. I enjoy reading my personal health trends and use it to track all of my fitness. The running component is excellent with all of the datapoints I'm looking for. Battery life is excellent we a charge only once a week if I'm running lots or 2-3 weeks if I'm not that active (which is rare). Email, SMS and news notifications work well. The only concern I have is the data sits in the cloud and not on the app in my phone. I'd love a local copy of data which I can look at when I'm not online (ie on a plane).

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Tim

Tim

This sport watch does all you need

Date PurchasedOct 2016

shinshin

shinshinAdelaide

All you need for a sport watch

it is tough, long lasting, accurate and full of sensors. doesn't matter it is a day to day office work, or multiple days trekking in wild, it suits all my needs and it looks good as well. HR monitor is a bit disappointment sometimes as it can't detect my heart rate after being unintentionally dislocated during my excises.

Date PurchasedJul 2016