8Garmin Forerunner 735XT

74% · 145 · 26%

3.5
3.5
Battery Life
Brand Manager for Garmin? Claim your listing.

kez
kezSydney, NSW3 posts

Extremely good but GPS fails after a while

first 3 years - awesome (but covid resulted in little use for 1 year). GPS now failing. Some ocean swims are way off and in the pool it even misses laps if I swim a little slower than usual. Annoying. I know it can't last forever, but it's an expensive device and it's annoying the one thing I really need and made the price pretty steep (GPS) is failing. I love this device, but I wish I could love it a little longer. Show details
cjwatts78
cjwatts78Perth, WA6 posts

Garmin all the way for me!

Have always had Garmin watches and never had problems. Was deciding between this one (Forerunner 735XT or the VivoActive) and decided to get this one due to the features it offered.

Pros:
Very easy to operate
good size (not too bulky)
long life battery
easy to charge
great tracking swimming & cycling

Cons:
no REM Sleep tracking
tells me to "get moving" about 1hr after a 30km bike ride - seriously man - EASE UP! Show details

Sat
SatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Garmin 735XT reliability issues

My love/hate relationship with Garmin devices continues. This is my third Garmin sports watch. First 2 were Vivosmart HR, which had water proofing & software issues. Replaced with 735XT...loved it! Now the device is misbehaving...randomly starts/stops. And start/stop button does not work. So unable to reset to factory settings. Unable to set anything on the device. Very disappointed ! Show details
Kylie F
Kylie FSouth East Queensland, QLD27 posts

Love my Garmin!

Never before been a watch person let alone a sports watch person but now an a definite convert!

Have it beep and vibrate at each KM and a visual display of pace is fabulous for keeping a time target.

Takes some fiddling to get it sync to strava but now that I've had a play and can download new faces everyday I'm finding it hard to get other work done as I want to keep playing with all the features!

HR monitor on point, counts steps as well.

So much right with it, love that is has a batter saving display Show details

smfzi
smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD61 posts

Excellent watch great value for money

This has been my favourite Garmin so far despite it lacking features like built-in music, payments, REM sleep and anaerobic training, it is a really easy to use and good build quality. Show details
David
David5 posts

Great until it stops working

I used this device a lot and it worked very well. Unfortunately one day the screen jumped around and the device has failed to power on since. This was just outside the warranty period and Garmin are no help at all. Am I asking too much that an expensive watch should last longer than a couple of years? Show details
TMG
TMGSouthern and Hills, SA2 posts

Not Waterproof/Resistant

The watch is light and a good size and the heart rate monitor is accurate. It has lots of features and worked well for two years until suddenly it decided it was not waterproof in a pool anymore. After that the display has been very inconsistent, sometimes fine, sometimes totally unreadable. For a $400-$500 watch that claims to be a sports users watch being not waterproof is just not good enough, especially when it says it is. Show details
Sev
SevBrisbane64 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Great compact smart watch, HR accurate

I had a good HR chest monitor connected to a smartphone and then upgraded to this. I had a chance to compare both HR monitors and, surprisingly enough, the one in watch was quite accurate. Yes, there was a slight delay but otherwise accurate. So I have sold my chest HR monitor and just left a watch.
Of course, the smart functinality is not as good as a proper smart watch, however, for sports + some basic smart notifications it is great.
I recommend a glass screen protector, otherwise screen may get scratched. You can get a glass for 935 model, it will fit as well. Show details
Timpg
TimpgBrisbane

Lasted only 4 weeks

Great watch while it worked. Out of nowhere whilst I was sitting around, and after only one month of use, the watch started beeping strangely. It had started jumping between start and stop continuously without any input until it quickly drained the battery (which happened very quickly). The next issue was that the watch would not charge past 61% (in fact it went down by 1% after a 2-hour charge). The final problem was that the battery ran hot - the watch felt as though it had just come of a hot car (while in a cool air conditioned room).

Replaced today by Rebel Sport without any issues so hopefully the replacement is better than the original.

Mark
MarkMelbourne8 posts

Good watch, happy shopper

I recently purchased a Garmin forerunner 735XT. At first I found the watch to be very difficult to use compared to fitbits which I’ve usually owned. However I’m starting to really enjoy the watch and the challenges and connections you can make on Garmin. The watch has great battery life and you can change the face of the watch through Garmin IQ. I would recommend this watch.

Jerry
JerryMelbourne

Stop working in 20 months!!!

The battery is good. This product works well for running and swimming. But the quality of this product is really terrible. It stopped working just 8 months after the warranty expired and Garmin offered to replace it with a refurbished one for $300, which is almost the price I can buy a new one now in Rebel ......

Joe
JoePerth, WA3 posts

This can't be improved

This is great. I use it for running and it has helped me alot as a motivator. I really like the screen as an improvement fo a previous fitbit. This screen is on 24/7 and is very bright in the daytime when I am running and in the dark it can simply be turned on by flicking your wrist. The battery life is also great, I use the GPS 3 to 4 hours a week, I have neart rate own 24/7, and activity tracking and the battery last me between 7 and 10 days, I must don't have my watch connected to a phone. All up it is a great watch, at a great price.

Michael_Jones
Michael_Jones55 posts

Aaron
AaronPROVIDENCE PORTAL4 posts

Mara
MaraMelbourne6 posts

Amazing watch!

I love my Garmin Forerunner 735 watch. I use it everyday for counting steps, tracking my workouts (strength training/football training/walking/cycling) and tracking my sleep. I love the sleep tracking function the most, motivates me to sleep more hours. Highly recommend, its lightweight and looks good too. Wish I got it earlier!