Garmin Forerunner 735XT

Garmin Forerunner 735XT

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (25%) · No (75%)
  • Battery Life

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent watch great value for money

This has been my favourite Garmin so far despite it lacking features like built-in music, payments, REM sleep and anaerobic training, it is a really easy to use and good build quality.

Purchased in September 2018 at Rebel Sport for $499.00.

Battery Life

Glenn M.

Glenn M.

Great until it stops working

I used this device a lot and it worked very well. Unfortunately one day the screen jumped around and the device has failed to power on since. This was just outside the warranty period and Garmin are no help at all. Am I asking too much that an expensive watch should last longer than a couple of years?

Purchased in April 2018 at Rebel Sport.

Battery Life
TMG

TMGSouthern and Hills, SA

Not Waterproof/Resistant

The watch is light and a good size and the heart rate monitor is accurate. It has lots of features and worked well for two years until suddenly it decided it was not waterproof in a pool anymore. After that the display has been very inconsistent, sometimes fine, sometimes totally unreadable. For a $400-$500 watch that claims to be a sports users watch being not waterproof is just not good enough, especially when it says it is.

Purchased in May 2016 for $450.00.

Sev

SevBrisbane

Great compact smart watch, HR accurate

I had a good HR chest monitor connected to a smartphone and then upgraded to this. I had a chance to compare both HR monitors and, surprisingly enough, the one in watch was quite accurate. Yes, there was a slight delay but otherwise accurate. So I have sold my chest HR monitor and just left a watch.
Of course, the smart functinality is not as good as a proper smart watch, however, for sports + some basic smart notifications it is great.
I recommend a glass screen protector, otherwise screen may get scratched. You can get a glass for 935 model, it will fit as well.

Purchased in June 2018 at Amazon for $299.99.

Timpg

TimpgBrisbane

Lasted only 4 weeks

Great watch while it worked. Out of nowhere whilst I was sitting around, and after only one month of use, the watch started beeping strangely. It had started jumping between start and stop continuously without any input until it quickly drained the battery (which happened very quickly). The next issue was that the watch would not charge past 61% (in fact it went down by 1% after a 2-hour charge). The final problem was that the battery ran hot - the watch felt as though it had just come of a hot car (while in a cool air conditioned room).

Replaced today by Rebel Sport without any issues so hopefully the replacement is better than the original.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Dave

DaveMelbourne

Great until it stops working

This was a great watch tracker. However it stopped working one month outside of warranty and had no luck getting any support to get it fixed. Customer service on their website was great and offering me a new one until they realised I was in Australia and then nothing. Shame

Mark

MarkMelbourne

Good watch, happy shopper

I recently purchased a Garmin forerunner 735XT. At first I found the watch to be very difficult to use compared to fitbits which I’ve usually owned. However I’m starting to really enjoy the watch and the challenges and connections you can make on Garmin. The watch has great battery life and you can change the face of the watch through Garmin IQ. I would recommend this watch.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Jerry

JerryMelbourne

Stop working in 20 months!!!

The battery is good. This product works well for running and swimming. But the quality of this product is really terrible. It stopped working just 8 months after the warranty expired and Garmin offered to replace it with a refurbished one for $300, which is almost the price I can buy a new one now in Rebel ......

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Joe

JoePerth, WA

This can't be improved.

This is great. I use it for running and it has helped me alot as a motivator. I really like the screen as an improvement fo a previous fitbit. This screen is on 24/7 and is very bright in the daytime when I am running and in the dark it can simply be turned on by flicking your wrist. The battery life is also great, I use the GPS 3 to 4 hours a week, I have neart rate own 24/7, and activity tracking and the battery last me between 7 and 10 days, I must don't have my watch connected to a phone. All up it is a great watch, at a great price.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Layla

LaylaSydney

Great Fitness Watch

I love my new Garmin Forerunner 735XT. I purchased it a couple of days ago from Rebel Sport for $349, such a bargain price. It is easy to use and great for running, swimming and I’ve even used it during my yoga sessions. I would highly recommend this watch for anyone interested in health and fitness.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Michael_Jones

Michael_Jones

Excellent battery life!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Aaron

AaronPROVIDENCE PORTAL

Easy to use, accurate, great Bluetooth functionality.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Mara

MaraMelbourne

Amazing watch!

I love my Garmin Forerunner 735 watch. I use it everyday for counting steps, tracking my workouts (strength training/football training/walking/cycling) and tracking my sleep. I love the sleep tracking function the most, motivates me to sleep more hours. Highly recommend, its lightweight and looks good too. Wish I got it earlier!

Paul

PaulToowoomba

Awesome fitness watch

The data produced by this watch is amazing, tracks running and cycling very well (haven't tried swimming at this point). A big plus is being able to turn the watch off (my previous fitness watch could not be turned off). Backlight can be turned on with a flick of the wrist, useful. Heart rate I find to be very accurate.

A great watch for people that do a lot of exercise and are interested in detailed monitoring of their performance.

Theodore F

Theodore FSydney

Perfect for running tracking.

I use this for tracking running only.

I love its light weight and professional (I think so) functions e.g. distance, movement time, lap time, pace, heartbeat rate, etc.

Very good battery life. I run four times a week using GPS+HR and recharge it once a week.

I'd like to recommend this watch to everyone looking for a decent GPS running watch.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
lizzyr

lizzyrmackay

Love this watch!

Excellent. I use this watch everyday for not only counting steps & heart rate all day & during workouts but also pairing it to the fitness tracker app & tracking calories & exercise. It is a great tool to keep a track of what you are actually doing in a day. Great fit, easy to use, pairs & transfers data to my mobile with no issues. I like the notifications -emails & texts/calls. Comfy to wear. I use the basics, at the moment, but there is so much more to it! Worth the money.

Charmain

CharmainCampbelltown, New South Wales

Great watch and look forward to tracking my swimming training

I am just trying to work out how to answer incoming calls on watch but otherwise very happy with the service I received at Rebel Sport, Macarthur Square. Very friendly staff who are willing to answer any questions.