3Garmin Forerunner 235

4.1
User-friendly interface
Precisely tracks GPS
Durable
Brand Manager for Garmin? Claim your listing.

Carls
Carls10 posts

Sturdy watch, good fit on my small wrist

I originally got the Garmin Fenix Rose Gold and got a lot of comments on how nice it looked, however it felt a bit bulky (heavy) to wear for everyday use, so I swapped to the Forerunner. I have it in white and like how it looks when I’m wearing activewear.
Pros are a longer battery life, I can leave it uncharged for a few days in a row with no issues. It also feels sturdy, is easy to use and switch up face designs. It also connects to gps relatively quickly compared to other Garmin models I’ve had.

Cons were the initial price I paid (over $500) felt expensive as the watch didn’t really offer many improved features than my previous Garmin, except being a sleeker design. Show details

Anthony
AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Spend the extra money and get a better product

Within weeks of buying the forerunner 235 the plastic dial cover cracked. From then on it has been downhill, and now it will not recharge or operate. This product isn't as robust as other on the market Show details
beth
bethPerth, WA3 posts

Very good watch

This watch was very reliable and easy to use. I had this watch for a year and a half and then it started to glitch. I believe it was cased by water/steam getting into the battery. If i knew this I wouldnt have worn it every where eg.showering. other than that very good watch. Show details
smfzi
smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD61 posts

Solid watch lacking some important features

This is a good basic Garmin and has most of what you'd need to go out and run. My only gripe is that it doesn't support many of the apps, notably Virtual Runner, one of the main reasons for upgrading to a 735XT. Still this model has a good build quality and is reasonably easy to use. Show details
Soa T
Soa TSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

It gives me the runs

This watch makes me run! From the daily steps goal to the weekly step challenge. Link it up with the Garmin Connect App to find your best times and unlock badges. Show details
Eamonn M.
Eamonn M.2 posts

Good price and reliable

Less expensive than many other GPS watches and if you are just using it for running I don't know how other watches could be better. Very accurate measurements (confirmed by an athletics track).
Helen
HelenNorth-West & West coast, TAS3 posts

Great fitness watch

Great fitness watch for running, as it has wrist based heart rate monitor, so no need for a chest strap, and built in GPS.
It has buttons instead of touch screen which makes it reliable on the go.
It has Bluetooth connectivity so you can view your messages, however this can drop out at times and needs to be refreshed.
Battery life is good.
I would recommend this watch. Show details
Roland
Roland

Unreliable

The Garmin Forerunner 235 is a disaster. I have one for two years now. It’s very unreliable. The hart rate registration sometimes blocks. It shows f.i. a continuous hart rate of 100 during a 15k run. Today I ran an epic round around Marina Bay in Singapore. I finished it and found out that my watch stopped on its own after 2k. This watch makes me mad. Show details
Sarah
SarahWest Arnhem, NT

Bahar
Bahar6 posts
  Fair Incentive

its okey

I used to have this gariman forerunner 235 for my gym because I had heard about it a lot, but it was not working very well as I expected, I had to gift it someone else. Show details
Brisbane Consumer
Brisbane ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD41 posts

Salty
SaltySydney, NSW9 posts

Erin
ErinMOORABBIN4 posts

Love the photo upload function

I am no where near a professional runner but it is something I want to get better at and this was a great help. Easy to use, sync and charge were on top of my priorities and this Garmin has been great. I found the image of the face function great! I've loaded an image to inspire me. I've used this watch to walk, hike and run in all climates and it hasn't let me down.

Show details

Sage Mike
Sage MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Bec J
Bec JWide Bay-Burnett, QLD7 posts

Fantastic fitness watch!

Absolutely love the Garmin 235. It is so accurate using GPS while I run, but works great on the treadmill also once calibrated. The wrist heart rate is simple to use and the transfer to the phone is done within 30 seconds. The charging cord is more reliable than my partners watch. The cord of the 235 stays on, even if bumped. Definitely recommend the 235 for running and fitness.

Show details

Paul

I have a Garmin forerunner 235. Can I use to track where I walk and run on map displays? I would to see where I have walked or where I’m about to walk on a map. Can it be done? Everything else is fine.

Tyler c
Tyler c

Yes it can

Stephen
Stephen

Yes, you just need to install the app and ensure the GPS is on your smartphone. When you Sync it, you will be able to see your recent activity maps. Instructions with the Garmin are pretty concise.

Features:

• The Garmin Forerunner 235 is a running watch that tracks your distance, pace, time, heart rate, and more health and fitness metrics, so you can easily see your progress and make the most of your exercise.
  • You can customise your exercise by downloading advanced workouts and training plans from Garmin Connect, helping you reach your fitness goals.
  • Smart notifications and weather conditions and forecasts let you stay in the know so you’re prepared for anything.
  • This watch boasts easy-to-read-and-understand charts, graphs, maps and more, so you can track your progress towards any goals you’ve set, and share data with the Garmin Connect network.
  • The Garmin Connect network lets you compete with friends and compare headway in real time using the LiveTrack function.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Garmin Forerunner 235 was easy to use and navigate through - they appreciated how simple it was to see their health and fitness metrics.
  • They also found that it gave them accurate measurements (such as step counts) and GPS coordinates.
  • Reviewers also appreciated the durability of the watch, saying that it held up through regular exercise over a long period of time.
CategorySmart Watches / Fitness Trackers
  • MPN: 010-03717-48, 010-03717-54 and 010-03717-70
  • GTIN13: 0753759153571, 0753759159245 and 4260448840262
  • GTIN12: 753759148829

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Garmin? Claim your listing.