Garmin Forerunner 235

Garmin Forerunner 235

MPN: 010-03717-54

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Battery Life

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid watch lacking some important features

This is a good basic Garmin and has most of what you'd need to go out and run. My only gripe is that it doesn't support many of the apps, notably Virtual Runner, one of the main reasons for upgrading to a 735XT. Still this model has a good build quality and is reasonably easy to use.

Purchased in May 2019 at Rebel Sport for $299.00.

Soa T

Soa TSouth East Queensland, QLD

It gives me the runs

This watch makes me run! From the daily steps goal to the weekly step challenge. Link it up with the Garmin Connect App to find your best times and unlock badges.

Purchased in January 2019 at Rebel Sport for $200.00.

Eamonn M.

Eamonn M.

Good price and reliable

Less expensive than many other GPS watches and if you are just using it for running I don't know how other watches could be better. Very accurate measurements (confirmed by an athletics track).

Helen

HelenNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Great fitness watch

Great fitness watch for running, as it has wrist based heart rate monitor, so no need for a chest strap, and built in GPS.
It has buttons instead of touch screen which makes it reliable on the go.
It has Bluetooth connectivity so you can view your messages, however this can drop out at times and needs to be refreshed.
Battery life is good.
I would recommend this watch.

Purchased in March 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $200.00.

Unreliable

The Garmin Forerunner 235 is a disaster. I have one for two years now. It’s very unreliable. The hart rate registration sometimes blocks. It shows f.i. a continuous hart rate of 100 during a 15k run. Today I ran an epic round around Marina Bay in Singapore. I finished it and found out that my watch stopped on its own after 2k. This watch makes me mad.

Purchased in March 2018 for $350.00.

Sarah

SarahWest Arnhem, NT

has problems

Purchased in December 2018 at amazon.

Bahar

Bahar

its okey

I used to have this gariman forerunner 235 for my gym because I had heard about it a lot, but it was not working very well as I expected, I had to gift it someone else.

Purchased in November 2018 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $30.00.

Brisbane Consumer

Brisbane ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2017.

Salty

SaltySydney, NSW

Compared to Fitbit Entry Level Ionic, this entry level model is left behind

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Erin

ErinMOORABBIN

Love the photo upload function

I am no where near a professional runner but it is something I want to get better at and this was a great help. Easy to use, sync and charge were on top of my priorities and this Garmin has been great. I found the image of the face function great! I've loaded an image to inspire me. I've used this watch to walk, hike and run in all climates and it hasn't let me down.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sage Mike

Sage MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very Useful Training Tool

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Bec J

Bec JBundaberg

Fantastic fitness watch!

Absolutely love the Garmin 235. It is so accurate using GPS while I run, but works great on the treadmill also once calibrated. The wrist heart rate is simple to use and the transfer to the phone is done within 30 seconds. The charging cord is more reliable than my partners watch. The cord of the 235 stays on, even if bumped. Definitely recommend the 235 for running and fitness.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Niggz

Niggz

I love my Garmin watch.

I love my Garmin watch not only for all the features. Including GPS but for the look as well. I especially love the big face. The only thing I was disappointed with was the user guide or booklet that came with it. It wasn’t very explanatory so I’ve had to figure out a lot of how to use it on my own.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

7667Sydney

Functionality Great. HR monitor not so great

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Simon

SimonSydney

Quality seems flaky. Love the functionality

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Michael

Michael

good product

really good to keep track of fitness and health. I particularly like how easy it is to see metrics in app (daily average steps HR exercise etc). Support was hit and miss when I had an issue with watch freezing and then had to send it back for a replacement. Garmin shouldn't charge me the postage to send a faulty product back and they didnt have anywhere I can drop it off for no cost so that was disappointing,. Otherwise good product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Dan

DanSydney

Very good running watch

Date PurchasedSep 2017

kaikai

kaikaiMelbourne

Durable watch

Purchased this Garmin, upgrading from my Fitbit. I wear it every day and it has lasted well. Some connectivity issues with the app and sometimes the HR function takes a while to register, but this is easily troubleshooted. Replaceable band is a great feature as you can always change the colour.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Mel

MelPerth

Great watch

Sometimes a tiny it slow to find GPS but otherwise very accurate with some cool app features. Counts your steps, links to your iPhone via Bluetooth to give you notifications. Very handy little watch. I think Garmin should make a smaller watch face for females. Would recommend this watch. Best gps system in a watch

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jacky

JackyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it but...

I love this watch. It has so many amazing features and helps track a number of useful things such as heart rate, exercise and calories. However, I was hoping the 'other' feature was more reliable in the swimming pool. When swimming it has no idea what is going on and therefore, you cant get an accurate session feedback. If I had realised this I would have bought the next model up. None-the-less, it is still great for running and riding.

Date PurchasedDec 2017