5S, 5X, 5, 5X Plus

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (10%) · No (90%)
  • Battery Life

DOMENICO C.

DOMENICO C.

Amazing

I got this watch as Christmas present because my wife knew I was chasing it since 1 year . The size 51mm of the watch is great . It works perfectly , connect to the phone very easy . You get lots of info which makes your life easier . The 2 apps are fantastic , you can change faces so you don t get bored of it .
Great watch
Absolutely suggest it

Purchased in December 2019 at Rebel Sport.

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Faulty backlight functions

Love Garmin and I've owned several devices, but despite its great features, like built-in music etc, the backlight problems began only a couple of months in. For the price it is simply unacceptable to have no backlight at all, with the screen is barely visible during the day, let alone at night. The interface is also not as intuitive as other Garmins. From my expereience I wouldn't recommend this model.

Purchased in October 2019 at Rebel Sport for $799.00.

Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This watch is great

I love this watch, it syncs really well with the iPhone, it holds the charge for over 1 week and has some great features like sleep tracker and you can see whos calling your iPhone on the watch face. Only thing Id say needs improvement is the screen light, it goes dim when in screen saver mode so no LED backlight

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $500.00.

Carlos

Carlos

Almost perfect- just a bit heavy

Love the look of this watch, I gave my old Garmin away to buy this. I love how many functions it has and how pretty it can be (I bought the 5s gold). I just wish it were thinner and lighter. It is way to bulky on my wrist, and completing long runs with it is annoying. Have been swimming with mine, and wear it out for dinner too! I also wish the Garmin app were better. It is such a terrible app compared to others out there- so syncing data and reviewing daily activity isnt as great as what it could be.!

Purchased in July 2017 at Rebel Sport for $899.00.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

A perfect product for daily use

Love the quality and features of this watch. Battery lasts for 10-12 days after 2 years, GPS works perfectly and I don't have almost anything to complain. Sadly I bought it and in 2 months they released a model with NFC and I cannot allow myself to spend another 1,500 to get another watch just for NFC. I think they should've done NFC from version 3, not to wait to release 5x then 5x plus.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,000.00.

L Ho

L HoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buttons excel touch screens in wet conditions!

- fast charging and good battery life
- waterproof is a huge bonus and keeps device clean
- Can easily personalise everything just like an Android phone
- Light weight and not too bulky for small wrists like mine
- the SUP mode is great for paddling sports

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $399.00.

Paul G.

Paul G.Hunter Region, NSW

HR software issue - accurate.... whenever it decides to start working

Purchased in April 2018 for $950.00.

Jacob

JacobGold coast

Perfect for Tri training

Perfect for Swimming Running Jogging
Counts swimming laps
Times sets and rest periods
Works in open water swims
Gives pace as you run
Alert every 1km running
Heart Rate distance Speed for Riding
Keeps all your training organised on Web
The Alarm is easy to set and good for every day Use.

Purchased in December 2017 at Rebel Sport for $600.00.

hiker63Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Good outdoors watch, with health benefits!

Purchased in August 2018 at Rebel Sport for $1,000.00.

hiker63

Sorry, I mean 'connectivity to smart phone...'

Brazen

BrazenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome

Absolutely the best ever tracks weight, heart beet, Stes ... Will be getting a 6
I would highly recommend this and syncs very nicely to my iPhone very good and worth the money

Purchased in January 2018.

Juan

JuanBrisbane

New watch damaged from the box

I purchased a brand new Garmin Fenix 5 plus sapphire and when I opened the box the unit's bezel was damaged in 4 places.
The unit was send back to Garmin for inspection and they informed me that the damage is cosmetic and are not covered under warranty.

I paid a lot of money for a unit not charged or worn and has 4 scratches on the bezel. If you pay that amount of money for a watch, surely it should come out of the box damage free?

I expected a lot better customer service from Garmin and really disappointed in their response.

Needless to say I will think twice in supported their products in the future.

Rgrds,

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Daphne

DaphneUpper Yarra

Quality Product

Fenix 5 is the premium multisport GPS watch with wrist-based heart rate, advanced fitness features and interchangeable bands you can go from workplace to workout. Whatever sport you want to track, fenix 5 has it covered, thanks to built-in activity profiles and performance metrics plus smart notifications.

Myles

Myles

Wear it every day

Easy to use, great battery life great tool for tracking fitness activity’s the gps makes running workouts easy no more driving around in the car to find distances for intervals, built well wear it every day for the past year and a half as a mechanic and it has not failed

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Leisa S

Leisa S

5 s plus goes flat in 3 days max and bluetooth constantly not connecting

I've been having issues since I bought this watch a couple of months ago. The battery is supposed to last a week and I am lucky to get three day not even using it as a sports watch AT ALL. Also it regularly won't connect to bluetooth. It's apparently a known problem and Garmin will not replace for me.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Product_Reviewer

Product_ReviewerBrisbane

5X Plus, best watch I have owned.

After years of wearing Suunto Ambits I made the switch to the Garmin Fenix 5X Plus a few months ago.
An expensive purchase, but well worth it.
Have worn it through the mud of 2 Spartan races without a drama.
Holds charge well.
Quick change bands are great, I swap them often to match my outfit.
I did prefer the Suunto movescount system with the calendar layout, but maybe thats because I'm used to it after using it for so many years.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
A K

A KSydney

good competitor to the Suunto

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Austin

AustinCLOYNA

Garmin fan for life

Love it... use it everyday. I have no complaints.Brilliant watch. Battery life 7 days+. I use for running, hiking and Mountainbiking. Heart rate, sleep and stress tracking also very insightful and seems pretty accurate. Motivated my wife to get into shape. Works well with the MyFitnessPal app she was already using.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

YTYV75875...

YTYV75875...GREVILLIA

Garmin Fenix 5

This running watch has been used for several months, feeling: 1. The watch is relatively light and has no sense of burden; 2.GPS positioning is faster, eliminating the need for a longer mobile phone positioning time; 3. The data is more accurate and suitable for runners who have more stringent data requirements.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Pearl

PearlPerth

Garmin Fenix 5x

Bought this watch in June and am very happy with my purchase. Has very good battery life and the functions are useful for my everyday life. I would highly recommend this watch despite its high price compared to other watch models. It looks slightly bulky if your wrist size is small but its still worth it if your not too fussed on the size.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Liz D

Liz DBrisbane

In love still!

Best watch yet, dress it up or down so it never has to come off! Always up to date, tracking of location and back tracking when on trails is super handy (several times!) sometimes the gps takes a while to kick in starting a run but usually this is due to high cloud cover. Can’t fault the watch at all!

Date PurchasedJan 2018