Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

See the Best Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Works for me

Bought it on eBay, a bit confusing at first, pulled the cord started first time, then things got better, the electric start with remote, once again first start, but read the manual first, great generator and great price and great service, and very helpful staff when I rang up and pointed out that that I hadn't read the manual. Would definitely recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for $649.00.

Buy a proper Geni - not a Chinese one

Outbax camping as a company does not appear to me to be to be as it presents. I purchased a 3500W Gentrax remote start generator and our troubles started at that point. It did start and run on the test start at home. It was however to be used at my snowy mountains property as a back up generator to power a 1000W smart battery charger connected to my off grid battery system for when the sun did not shine on the solar panels and the wind did run the wind generators or when it was snowing in winter. 1000W should not be a big ask for a 3000W geni - BUT IT WAS.

Read to the end - you will want to know how to get them to take notice.

Firstly it would not run for any length of time (running between 20mins and 1 hour only) and just cutting out. Seemed like a fuel problem. The first time I tried to check the fuel level (had only half filled it for first run) there was some sort of fuel lock/blockage and when I turned the cap fuel spurted over 12 inches into the air from the cap and covered the generator. I was not trying to fill it - just opening the cap on a non running geni to see the fuel level. It has no gauge and the smallest filler cap I have ever seen on a generator and I have owned 6 of various sizes. I do feel lucky I did not end up in the burns unit.

After a week of this thing not running for more than an hour I gave up and brought it back to Sydney to return. That is when the fun started. They do not have a phone number to ring and are very slow to answer any email. Usually days. They tried over weeks to implicate me with questioning fuel types and filling techniques etc (I actually own 24 small motors all up - I know how to use and service them) and when I finally dropped the Geni at the warehouse (that was the most hap hazard mess shared with 2 non related companies) they took 2 weeks to inspect and finally admit it was a faulty product. Probably the fuel pump . Read other posts and you will find a commonality here. They try to hold on to the money like a monkey holding a peanut in a trap. I was always dealing with [name removed] as it seems others with issues have. Very unhelpful and hard to understand his emails. Maybe [name removed] is an adopted name.

[name removed] did everything to stall and not refund the money until I threatened him with a small claims court action and sent him a copy of an ASIC company search ($9 online through ASIC) showing the Director’s name and address as well as the Parent Company named :- SMARTCHANNEL Pty Ltd and the Accountants address in Minto for service of court paperwork. The money was refunded.

Just for a laugh I will point out that whilst the wireless remote start worked, the choke only worked as manual, so in the mountains at around 0° I had to walk outside and set the choke to on and could then go back inside and use the remote start. I then had to go back shortly after and turn the choke off - but it did start from 40 metres away. So the my cunning idea of telling my wife she could start it herself from the front door (and me not go out in the cold) did not work out for me.

I have since had the bright idea of purchasing a wired remote start Dunlite generator after realising the 6KVA Dunlite Generator I purchased 18 years ago for the tool shed was still running beautifully and only ever needed the occasional service and new spark plug. The new 3000W Dunlite is built in Australia using an imported Honda Motor and an Italian made Alternator and cost $1300.00 delivered.
Realisation - Only an idiot would by a Chinese generator when they had owned a reliable Australian made Dunlite one for years and could by another Dunlite. I had forgotten the original Dunlite was Aussie made as it was never thought about much - I just turned the key and used it all those years.

If after reading this and other posts you use this company and buy a Gentrax - good luck and remember the ASIC search for $9. You will likely need it. Note that many of the Gentry short and sweet reviews have a very similar writing style. Hmmm.

not happy

my 3.5 shuts down when I plug it into our van.i have tried it on 3 other Van's same result..but does run other things plugged directly into it the main reason for buying it was to run our caravan..not much help from the dealer..

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Great product

The generator is exactly what it says it is and produces the power that it says it can. It is quiet as stated and the economy function is great. In the past I have had big brand generators and so far this is as good as the big brand generators. I would recommend this product.

Excellent Generator works as advised

Very fast delivery and received within 4 days which was great considering it was the Christmas period. After reading instructions started 1st pull and ran like a dream. More than enough power which runs our Caravan Ibis 3 Airconditioner, a 35w battery charger and our microwave all at once without wavering. High recommends this product.

good product

Good generator which works well although i think a little noisier than stated. Great for camping as it will operate everything in our caravan. Starts well even from the first time although haven't yet tried it under full load. Quick service and delivery as it arrived before the stated date.

works as it should

great little generator. put oil and fuel in it and she fired up. tested a few drills and a drop saw even tested the 12 volt on my car with it and it works fine. should be fine to run anything i need to run. cheers gentrax would buy another one

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Starts easily, runs perfectly!!!

Generator due to arrive 2/1, arrived 29/12. Put oil in, fuel in and followed starting procedure. Started first pull. Subsequent starts - exactly the same results. So far, so good. Have used the 3KW generator with a 2400 watt 9 inch grinder without an issue. Haven't pushed it further than that so far.

works a treat

i put in the correct oil. i put in the correct fuel. pulled the starter cord ONCE only, and everything worked as it should.
- it is refreshing to know that some things manufactured in China, do work as intended.
i have no hesitations in recommending this product and ebay seller

Gentrax Generator

I have purchased 2 of these in the last 3 years. One for caravan and one as backup for our off grid home system.
I have found them to be extremely reliable, one unit on its 7th oil change. I have just purchased another for our next door friend since the storms last week left him without power for 3 days and he borrowed our caravan unit and was astounded that it could power his tv / fridges and lights all at once.

The right one

I didn't know where to start but after doing my homework I decided the 3.5kW unit would be right for my new 2kw portable air condioner in our camper bus and I was so glad I did, so easy to use and plenty of power when the air con switches on its compressor part.
It is also good looking and reasonably quiet. dual 15 amp sockets mean you can plug in the van plus anything that you might want to run while sitting outside like a big fan to blow the mozzies away, I don't need the 12 volts at the moment but who knows?
Delivery was quick as well, very happy indeed.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

We havent used it yet but had it going and it seems great

Cant wait to use it
I have seen other reviews and they are all positive so hopefully mine will be as well
We are taking it with us when we go travelling soon so it will be great to be able to go free camping and have our own power source

Perfect Generator

The Gentrax 3.5kW does all it is ask to do runs my caravan Aircon, fridge and microwave all at the same time, as fabulous buy.
It was delivered to me on time, and was very well packed, if you are looking for a Generator don't go past this one.
Well done, would buy again.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

So Far So Good

I recently received a Gentrax 3.5kW inverter generator through the post. It arrived on time and apparenly undamaged. It was easy to set up and started as per the instructions. I have only used it twice and on both occasions it operated to my complete satisfaction. Only time will tell whether it was a good buy or not, however, so far so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Its great value for money

Although it is very heavy but all generators are. It was as described and arrived in a very timely fashion. The instructions were clear. I set it up and it started first time. Going to use it free camping and also to get power to do work from the jetty on our boat. Great purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2018

This is just what we need for the van.

Sent to WA in no time at all. Set up and started first time. - Tried it on the van and runs the aircon perfectly. - Free Camping in summer is going to be a breeze now. - Best value for money on the market.- Should offer the earth stake also with it for a fee.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Works great perfect for my use.

It runs the drill and angle grinder with no effort. Boiled the kettle no worries, but just a bit loud when under load if you wanted to go camping. Otherwise seems to be a great unit for the price cant complain. Perfect for what I need at the speedway.
Thanks guys great item!

What a great machine.

I live in rural Queensland. Lots of trees down in storms. Always power outages in summer. Well no more. This generator runs my pumps my lights and tvs. Great service from the team with some delivery questions answered on the spot. Delivered in just a few days. Thanks again guys

Runs A/c well

Bought for air con, started first pull, happy with price - great product - easy to run, idled well, easy instructions - ran air con - no worries- fast delivery - good communication- nil issues with purchase. Noise level acceptable - attractive colour should be a good asset when going camping

Fantastic product

We purchased a Gentrax 3.5kw generator recently & was very impressed with product & service we received. It was purchased by us for using as we travel off the grid around Australia. This generator runs much quieter than the previous one we had & also runs so many more of our appliances. Very happy with this product & would definitely encourage others to buy one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018