Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

See the Best Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

peter h.Far North Queensland, QLD

gentrax generator junk

Purchased at Outback Equipment for $749.00.

Walter

WalterSouth East Queensland, QLD

best Generator ever!

had 4 Generators in the past. Last one was a Genforce GT6000. That one was very good as a back up power supply in my house in case of black outs. It did however not have electric start and was therefore hard to start for my wife. threfore sold it.
Bought the Getrax. Much better product. powers all my house at once - water pump, fridges lights etc.easy start . just amaizing product - cannot speak highly enough of it. A little noisier as the Genforce 6000 but what a buy! Does everything easily!
thanks and well done!

Danny

DannyNorth Queensland, QLD

What a piece of crap

Purchased from outback camping
First problem lcd was blinking then fuels started to leak I had to send it back and at first they wanted me to pay transport even under warranty after a discussion they picked it up they send it back with one less remote and gave me a credit for the remote only in last couple of months I started using it and it started to rev really high and then just drop to a low idles so low it would shut off but after a while it would eventually run and now we have just noticed that fuel is leaking again from the bottom of the generator like my mum said you buy cheap you get cheap total piece of crap

Purchased in October 2018 for $700.00.

Bzzzz

BzzzzPerth, WA

Never again

Brought a 3.5kva genset takes ages to start. 3 5kva my ass my 1kva genset can hold more power. It cuts out can't even hold a toaster.
Biggest heap of junk I have brought.

Bandula

Bandula

Similar Problem on first use

Sorry to hear what have gone through, I experienced s similar problem on first use. Generator stops every 20 min and when open the fuel lid there was a vacuum built up inside. After a few tries I found out there is a small opening on the fuel lid to open when it is in use. Once I open it no problem, it worked like charm. I used it in a low light condition and did not have glasses to read instructions properly. It is a really good generator.

Purchased in June 2018 at eBay for $350.00.

Gtaham

GtahamCentral, SA

Works for me

Bought it on eBay, a bit confusing at first, pulled the cord started first time, then things got better, the electric start with remote, once again first start, but read the manual first, great generator and great price and great service, and very helpful staff when I rang up and pointed out that that I hadn't read the manual. Would definitely recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for $649.00.

Phillip Oliver

Phillip OliverSydney, NSW

Buy a proper Geni - not a Chinese one

not happy

not happyHunter Region, NSW

not happy

my 3.5 shuts down when I plug it into our van.i have tried it on 3 other Van's same result..but does run other things plugged directly into it the main reason for buying it was to run our caravan..not much help from the dealer..

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Great product

The generator is exactly what it says it is and produces the power that it says it can. It is quiet as stated and the economy function is great. In the past I have had big brand generators and so far this is as good as the big brand generators. I would recommend this product.

4landus

4landusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Generator works as advised

Very fast delivery and received within 4 days which was great considering it was the Christmas period. After reading instructions started 1st pull and ran like a dream. More than enough power which runs our Caravan Ibis 3 Airconditioner, a 35w battery charger and our microwave all at once without wavering. High recommends this product.

good product

Good generator which works well although i think a little noisier than stated. Great for camping as it will operate everything in our caravan. Starts well even from the first time although haven't yet tried it under full load. Quick service and delivery as it arrived before the stated date.

works as it should

great little generator. put oil and fuel in it and she fired up. tested a few drills and a drop saw even tested the 12 volt on my car with it and it works fine. should be fine to run anything i need to run. cheers gentrax would buy another one

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Dave

DaveMyrtleford

Starts easily, runs perfectly!!!

Generator due to arrive 2/1, arrived 29/12. Put oil in, fuel in and followed starting procedure. Started first pull. Subsequent starts - exactly the same results. So far, so good. Have used the 3KW generator with a 2400 watt 9 inch grinder without an issue. Haven't pushed it further than that so far.

jazz

jazzadelaide

works a treat

i put in the correct oil. i put in the correct fuel. pulled the starter cord ONCE only, and everything worked as it should.
- it is refreshing to know that some things manufactured in China, do work as intended.
i have no hesitations in recommending this product and ebay seller

Peter

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Gentrax Generator

I have purchased 2 of these in the last 3 years. One for caravan and one as backup for our off grid home system.
I have found them to be extremely reliable, one unit on its 7th oil change. I have just purchased another for our next door friend since the storms last week left him without power for 3 days and he borrowed our caravan unit and was astounded that it could power his tv / fridges and lights all at once.

rudy_25

rudy_25

The right one

I didn't know where to start but after doing my homework I decided the 3.5kW unit would be right for my new 2kw portable air condioner in our camper bus and I was so glad I did, so easy to use and plenty of power when the air con switches on its compressor part.
It is also good looking and reasonably quiet. dual 15 amp sockets mean you can plug in the van plus anything that you might want to run while sitting outside like a big fan to blow the mozzies away, I don't need the 12 volts at the moment but who knows?
Delivery was quick as well, very happy indeed.

max

max

We havent used it yet but had it going and it seems great

Cant wait to use it
I have seen other reviews and they are all positive so hopefully mine will be as well
We are taking it with us when we go travelling soon so it will be great to be able to go free camping and have our own power source

Perfect Generator

The Gentrax 3.5kW does all it is ask to do runs my caravan Aircon, fridge and microwave all at the same time, as fabulous buy.
It was delivered to me on time, and was very well packed, if you are looking for a Generator don't go past this one.
Well done, would buy again.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Knolltee

KnollteeBrisbane

So Far So Good

I recently received a Gentrax 3.5kW inverter generator through the post. It arrived on time and apparenly undamaged. It was easy to set up and started as per the instructions. I have only used it twice and on both occasions it operated to my complete satisfaction. Only time will tell whether it was a good buy or not, however, so far so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Its great value for money

Although it is very heavy but all generators are. It was as described and arrived in a very timely fashion. The instructions were clear. I set it up and it started first time. Going to use it free camping and also to get power to do work from the jetty on our boat. Great purchase

kimberley w.asked

do you realy need to have it earthed, some say not if you are just using an extension cord to an appliance,its very confusing

peter h.

i have never used the earth stake on any genset I have owned .

but as almost all my use has been on fiberglass boats it my be different when used at a home or block of land.

I have never seen anyone else use the earth stake, but would advise that you go to a Honda or quality genset dealer perhaps Yamaha or Kubota., and request to speak to there service manager as you are looking to by a genset and have a Tec question you need answered before any purchase is made they will be most happy to help you.

peter h.

just remember you must never plug your genset in to your house fuse box in any way unless it in done by a licensed election as death of other people in other houses in your street in possible.

kimberley w.

Thank you peter but I have a genforce I only want to run a single appliance at a time when camping

Robbo

Robboasked

Gentrax 3.5 what is the 12v output and what can it be used for

peter h.

this is used on all genets of any brand for battery charging only 12 volt barratries of Couse.

most will buy a stand alone battery charger to charge batteries anywhere from 20 to 100 amps. but you can youse the lead provided wwwwwwwwwwwwwith the gen set to charge but only at 5 to 8 amps depending on brand you buy. so as you can see if your trying to charge a large battery or a bank of batteries it would take all day with the genset 12 volt plugin.

and a heap of fuel. so kit iks really only for emergencies and charging small batteries e.g. a car battery from a 4 cyl car.

sorry for the bad spelling it don't seem to let correct anything without deleting right back to the error.

Hunter

Hunterasked

I would like to know why Gentrax doesn't answer these important and frequently repeated questions. Does Gentrax not know or not care? I was about to order a Gentrax 3.500 but as reliability is key I think I will pay the extra and buy a Yamaha.

peter h.

the problem is wit5h out back camping at least for those who got there's form them and most seem to. very poor warranty service and back. if you jump trough enough hoops and threaten to get consumer affairs involved they will honour there warranty. but its best to buy elsewhere., I don't know current warranty for Yamaha but Honda has always had a 4 year warranty compared to 2 years from Yamaha., just be aware that the 300 I model Honda has a bad name for reliability all other Hondas are fine reliability wise the problem with the 300, is . was the electrics to convert to sign wave according to the owners who had to return them. may of been fixed by now but as the only portable Honda owners sear at rather then love why risk it

Get an answer from our members and Gentrax representatives