Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

See the Best Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DaveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No good so far, won't start

Purchased in October 2019 for $569.00.

peter h.Far North Queensland, QLD

gentrax generator junk

Purchased in June 2017 at Outback Equipment for $749.00.

Walter

WalterSouth East Queensland, QLD

best Generator ever!

had 4 Generators in the past. Last one was a Genforce GT6000. That one was very good as a back up power supply in my house in case of black outs. It did however not have electric start and was therefore hard to start for my wife. threfore sold it.
Bought the Getrax. Much better product. powers all my house at once - water pump, fridges lights etc.easy start . just amaizing product - cannot speak highly enough of it. A little noisier as the Genforce 6000 but what a buy! Does everything easily!
thanks and well done!

Danny

DannyNorth Queensland, QLD

What a piece of crap

Purchased from outback camping
First problem lcd was blinking then fuels started to leak I had to send it back and at first they wanted me to pay transport even under warranty after a discussion they picked it up they send it back with one less remote and gave me a credit for the remote only in last couple of months I started using it and it started to rev really high and then just drop to a low idles so low it would shut off but after a while it would eventually run and now we have just noticed that fuel is leaking again from the bottom of the generator like my mum said you buy cheap you get cheap total piece of crap

Purchased in October 2018 for $700.00.

Bzzzz

BzzzzPerth, WA

Never again

Brought a 3.5kva genset takes ages to start. 3 5kva my ass my 1kva genset can hold more power. It cuts out can't even hold a toaster.
Biggest heap of junk I have brought.

Bandula

Bandula

Similar Problem on first use

Sorry to hear what have gone through, I experienced s similar problem on first use. Generator stops every 20 min and when open the fuel lid there was a vacuum built up inside. After a few tries I found out there is a small opening on the fuel lid to open when it is in use. Once I open it no problem, it worked like charm. I used it in a low light condition and did not have glasses to read instructions properly. It is a really good generator.

Purchased in June 2018 at eBay for $350.00.

Gtaham

GtahamCentral, SA

Works for me

Bought it on eBay, a bit confusing at first, pulled the cord started first time, then things got better, the electric start with remote, once again first start, but read the manual first, great generator and great price and great service, and very helpful staff when I rang up and pointed out that that I hadn't read the manual. Would definitely recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for $649.00.

Phillip Oliver

Phillip OliverSydney, NSW

Buy a proper Geni - not a Chinese one

not happy

not happyHunter Region, NSW

not happy

my 3.5 shuts down when I plug it into our van.i have tried it on 3 other Van's same result..but does run other things plugged directly into it the main reason for buying it was to run our caravan..not much help from the dealer..

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Great product

The generator is exactly what it says it is and produces the power that it says it can. It is quiet as stated and the economy function is great. In the past I have had big brand generators and so far this is as good as the big brand generators. I would recommend this product.

4landus

4landusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Generator works as advised

Very fast delivery and received within 4 days which was great considering it was the Christmas period. After reading instructions started 1st pull and ran like a dream. More than enough power which runs our Caravan Ibis 3 Airconditioner, a 35w battery charger and our microwave all at once without wavering. High recommends this product.

good product

Good generator which works well although i think a little noisier than stated. Great for camping as it will operate everything in our caravan. Starts well even from the first time although haven't yet tried it under full load. Quick service and delivery as it arrived before the stated date.

works as it should

great little generator. put oil and fuel in it and she fired up. tested a few drills and a drop saw even tested the 12 volt on my car with it and it works fine. should be fine to run anything i need to run. cheers gentrax would buy another one

Date PurchasedJan 2019

DaveMyrtleford

Starts easily, runs perfectly!!!

Generator due to arrive 2/1, arrived 29/12. Put oil in, fuel in and followed starting procedure. Started first pull. Subsequent starts - exactly the same results. So far, so good. Have used the 3KW generator with a 2400 watt 9 inch grinder without an issue. Haven't pushed it further than that so far.

jazz

jazzadelaide

works a treat

i put in the correct oil. i put in the correct fuel. pulled the starter cord ONCE only, and everything worked as it should.
- it is refreshing to know that some things manufactured in China, do work as intended.
i have no hesitations in recommending this product and ebay seller

Peter

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Gentrax Generator

I have purchased 2 of these in the last 3 years. One for caravan and one as backup for our off grid home system.
I have found them to be extremely reliable, one unit on its 7th oil change. I have just purchased another for our next door friend since the storms last week left him without power for 3 days and he borrowed our caravan unit and was astounded that it could power his tv / fridges and lights all at once.

rudy_25

rudy_25

The right one

I didn't know where to start but after doing my homework I decided the 3.5kW unit would be right for my new 2kw portable air condioner in our camper bus and I was so glad I did, so easy to use and plenty of power when the air con switches on its compressor part.
It is also good looking and reasonably quiet. dual 15 amp sockets mean you can plug in the van plus anything that you might want to run while sitting outside like a big fan to blow the mozzies away, I don't need the 12 volts at the moment but who knows?
Delivery was quick as well, very happy indeed.

max

max

We havent used it yet but had it going and it seems great

Cant wait to use it
I have seen other reviews and they are all positive so hopefully mine will be as well
We are taking it with us when we go travelling soon so it will be great to be able to go free camping and have our own power source

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Perfect Generator

The Gentrax 3.5kW does all it is ask to do runs my caravan Aircon, fridge and microwave all at the same time, as fabulous buy.
It was delivered to me on time, and was very well packed, if you are looking for a Generator don't go past this one.
Well done, would buy again.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Knolltee

KnollteeBrisbane

So Far So Good

I recently received a Gentrax 3.5kW inverter generator through the post. It arrived on time and apparenly undamaged. It was easy to set up and started as per the instructions. I have only used it twice and on both occasions it operated to my complete satisfaction. Only time will tell whether it was a good buy or not, however, so far so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Bruce E.asked

I have a Gentrax 3.5 and it has been running the aircon in our caravan fine until yesterday when it tripped out on the overload switch and now it wont run at all it will start and run for about 30 seconds then the overload lights comes on and the unit shuts down and there is nothing plugged into the genny to cause an overload nothing at all plugged into the machine. Before it optionally tripped out it began reving very fast

peter h.

this will be my last reply to problems with gentrax rubbish as it seems pr4oduct revue remove the answers I and others post to your benefit and others as they could read thru all the many many problems and find a answer to fit their problem. so their is no point going to all the many hours work writing fixes, I your case it would be very likely the inverter module has failed.

something that is quite common on this page must have been ablest 5 complains of your problem and it comes to pass on inspection that the module is u/s. one chap stated here a new module is 165 dollars me I wouldn't spend a dime on it as something else will fail next month up the you but.
see ya.

Trevor K.asked

I bought a Gentrax 3.5 electric start i Sept. 2019. Worked fine to start with but when really needed failed miserably. Ran a 1500w appliance successfully a few times then when really needed went into a frenzy and now drops to 200v with the same appliance as well it runs flat out with nothing plugged in in economy mode. Have tried other appliances with the same result. Contacted supplier and will look at it if I send it back at my cost. From country SA to Sydney this won't be cheap. I own several (about 20) small motors which I service and maintain myself so would be quite capable of repairing this if I could get some advice and parts. I contacted Gentax direct but got sent straight back to the supplier. Has anyone had similar problems and where can I buy parts or get a wiring diagram. If I send it back I'm afraid I'll be throwing good money after bad. Just wish I'd bought a reputable brand and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

Dave

Morning Trevor.prior to purchasing my 3.5 non-electric start, I queried the supplier regarding any possible problems that could occur and could I send the unit to the Melbourne branch to save on transport costs up North. The reply was that there were no repair technicians there, only sales, but should I require them, any parts necessary would be shipped to me . Naturally the damned genny wouldn't start, but leaving it in the GO situation, resulted in a reluctant start the next morning. So far, everything crossed, it's been performing as it should. The company should, based on the email that I received, send you any parts that are required.

Transcript of email:

Please advise me.
If I buy from you and I have a problem with the generator, must it be returned to you in Sydney
or can I take to Outbaxcamping in Melbourne, as I am in Central Victoria?
I don't expect to have a problem as it is a highly rated generator.
Dave

New message from: outbaxcamping (102,490)
Hi Dave,

Good day!

Our technicians are only located in Sydney.

We don't have any other third party service centers.

If you're capable of fixing generators, we are more than happy to send parts instead, else it needs to be returned back to Sydney for repair.

Regards,
Mike

Trevor,the email was received 7th October 2019, hope you can sort thungs out with them. dave

Thanks for your help

peter h.

as far as I know the gen-set has a 1 year warranty and as outback has no repair centres for their rubbish they will have to pay the freight return to their repair centre. mine way d.o.a from them a couple of years ago and after a huge run around I had to inform them I would take case to small claims. then they paid freight from cairns Queensland to what ever shit hole they currently reside.

and in the course of time sent complete new replacement.
simply put you have to go after this mob a bit or you wont get any where. they have to meet at warranty allowed in asst by law . for god sake people stop buying this rubbish i have answered about 20 calls for help to try to get these things to run.

most with similar problems how this brand got a high rating from product review is beyond me. the fact they don't have contracts with repair centres in all states should get them ruled out for one thing and all the failures should send them broke if every body demanded to return there under warranty gen sets for repair or replacement. and that would be a good thing .

Cat

Catasked

My gentrax 3.5kva has gone on the fritz. Revving high all the time. Had it on my caravan and it was fine til it started revving high. Have tried to see if it has a fuse I may have blown or a circuit breaker, but cant seem to find any info. Does anyone know what the problem would be?Thanks

peter h.

is it still suppling 240 volt power.
and can you run all the same Appin ices as before.
I need to know this and is it still under warranty.

Bruce E.

Has anyone encounted a similar issue and solved the issue. I have a 3.5kva genny which has been running the aircon in our caravan just fine until now it started reving very fast and tripped out on the overload and since that happened it will not run. It will start but won't keep running and the overload light comes on and shuts the unit down without anything being plugged into it so no load at all on the unit can anyone suggest what might be the problem and how can i fix it

Get an answer from our members and Gentrax representatives