Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

4.3

Stu71

Stu71Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not worth the problems and no support

Purchased in February 2018 at eBay for A$499.00.

Christine MorenoDarling Downs, QLD

Stay clear

Second unit provided after a process of 10 mths.. you guessed it same similar fault..conclusion inferior product not what is stated.. watts provided is not correct.. don’t know if I bother this time not worth it can’t rely on this unit.
Off grinder millmerran qld

Purchased in September 2019 at MyDeal.com.au for A$700.00.

petekat03

petekat03NSW, 2324

Great portable generator

Initially took a while to start, but I didn't have a full tank of fuel for its first run. Since then its worked perfectly running a 10A home charger for a Nissan Leaf and a Stanbury Scarf & Lord 48Vdc 60A charger for an solar/battery off-grid system. Fairly portable, just a shame its not a little quieter. It has done about 50 hrs so far and no issues yet.

Purchased in May 2020 at eBay for A$628.00.

Steph

StephSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good so far !

We received it on time and so far the generator works very well !
It's been a week that we use it everyday, hopefully it will stay as good as it is now, but for now we are very happy with our purchase !

Purchased in June 2020 at Outbax for A$740.00.

Peter

PeterIllawarra, NSW

Don't waste your money.

I bought the 3.5 kVA generator to help with power outage during the bush fires. I needed to run pumps to get hoses to work. The unit wouldn't start from day 1. After 2 days of attempts I finally got it to work. It had less than 5 minutes work. I tried to start it again during a power outage. After 2 days cleaning the spark plug and checking everything, it still wouldn't start. The unit is too unreliable and unfit for purpose. It has been a complete failure ad a waste of money. I would not recommend any one buy this product. A complete waste of money.

Purchased in January 2020 at On line for A$600.00.

Phil.w

Phil.wPerth, WA

Very noisy Chinese generator

I paid $509.00 landed of ebay for this generator, but i don't think it is even worth that, it is very noisy, cheaply made , panels needed to be trimmed to fit , the oil filler is hard to get to and i dont have the biggest hands it looks cheap and feels cheap i have serious doubt it will last long .
Pay the extra buy a Honda or Yamaha
On the plus side on testing the power output remained stable under load

Purchased in March 2020 at eBay for A$509.00.

Dave

DaveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No good so far, won't start

Purchased in October 2019 for A$569.00.

peter h.

peter h.Far North Queensland, QLD

gentrax generator junk

Purchased in June 2017 at Outback Equipment for A$749.00.

Walter

WalterSouth East Queensland, QLD

best Generator ever!

had 4 Generators in the past. Last one was a Genforce GT6000. That one was very good as a back up power supply in my house in case of black outs. It did however not have electric start and was therefore hard to start for my wife. threfore sold it.
Bought the Getrax. Much better product. powers all my house at once - water pump, fridges lights etc.easy start . just amaizing product - cannot speak highly enough of it. A little noisier as the Genforce 6000 but what a buy! Does everything easily!
thanks and well done!

Danny

DannyNorth Queensland, QLD

What a piece of crap

Purchased from outback camping
First problem lcd was blinking then fuels started to leak I had to send it back and at first they wanted me to pay transport even under warranty after a discussion they picked it up they send it back with one less remote and gave me a credit for the remote only in last couple of months I started using it and it started to rev really high and then just drop to a low idles so low it would shut off but after a while it would eventually run and now we have just noticed that fuel is leaking again from the bottom of the generator like my mum said you buy cheap you get cheap total piece of crap

Purchased in October 2018 for A$700.00.

Bzzzz

BzzzzPerth, WA

Never again

Brought a 3.5kva genset takes ages to start. 3 5kva my ass my 1kva genset can hold more power. It cuts out can't even hold a toaster.
Biggest heap of junk I have brought.

Bandula

Bandula

Similar Problem on first use

Sorry to hear what have gone through, I experienced s similar problem on first use. Generator stops every 20 min and when open the fuel lid there was a vacuum built up inside. After a few tries I found out there is a small opening on the fuel lid to open when it is in use. Once I open it no problem, it worked like charm. I used it in a low light condition and did not have glasses to read instructions properly. It is a really good generator.

Purchased in June 2018 at eBay for A$350.00.

Gtaham

GtahamCentral, SA

Works for me

Bought it on eBay, a bit confusing at first, pulled the cord started first time, then things got better, the electric start with remote, once again first start, but read the manual first, great generator and great price and great service, and very helpful staff when I rang up and pointed out that that I hadn't read the manual. Would definitely recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for A$649.00.

Phillip Oliver

Phillip OliverSydney, NSW

Buy a proper Geni - not a Chinese one

not happy

not happyHunter Region, NSW

not happy

my 3.5 shuts down when I plug it into our van.i have tried it on 3 other Van's same result..but does run other things plugged directly into it the main reason for buying it was to run our caravan..not much help from the dealer..

Purchased in June 2019 for A$600.00.

Great product

The generator is exactly what it says it is and produces the power that it says it can. It is quiet as stated and the economy function is great. In the past I have had big brand generators and so far this is as good as the big brand generators. I would recommend this product.

4landus

4landusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Generator works as advised

Very fast delivery and received within 4 days which was great considering it was the Christmas period. After reading instructions started 1st pull and ran like a dream. More than enough power which runs our Caravan Ibis 3 Airconditioner, a 35w battery charger and our microwave all at once without wavering. High recommends this product.

good product

Good generator which works well although i think a little noisier than stated. Great for camping as it will operate everything in our caravan. Starts well even from the first time although haven't yet tried it under full load. Quick service and delivery as it arrived before the stated date.

works as it should

great little generator. put oil and fuel in it and she fired up. tested a few drills and a drop saw even tested the 12 volt on my car with it and it works fine. should be fine to run anything i need to run. cheers gentrax would buy another one

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Dave

DaveMyrtleford

Starts easily, runs perfectly!!!

Generator due to arrive 2/1, arrived 29/12. Put oil in, fuel in and followed starting procedure. Started first pull. Subsequent starts - exactly the same results. So far, so good. Have used the 3KW generator with a 2400 watt 9 inch grinder without an issue. Haven't pushed it further than that so far.

Claire

Claireasked

Justbpurchased gentrax 3.5 starts but doesn’t continue running helpppppp please cuts out with 5/6 sec

Christine Moreno

Clare check all the obvious petrol choke etc..as mentioned this unit is not worth time wasted.. if new no problems should happened cut your losses and contract to return unit back refund. I spent 10mths getting my second unit, only to find the spark plug was broken. The second Unit basically repeated the same issues, including the issue you have.
This Gentrax 3.5kw is not a pure sine wave, and does not provide watts as stated, inferior unit.
My solar controller gives warning load.
Jump up and down Clare it’s not right!!

Roh boat

Roh boatasked

Bought a gentrax over 2 years ago. Had a fuel leak in the first few months they shipped out a new part and it ran fine. Worked well for the tasks I used it for. After around 40 hours of running is stated to run rough- skipping missing. It does not effect the power supply. But it is clearly not running right. I've pulled out the carby and cleaned it, drained and replaced the oil. But it is still running rough. I've tried asking for some help trouble shooting the problem but the person ( Mike) does not seem to understand my problem. Could it be a coil issue?

Christine Moreno

Hi yeah it’s crook having to stuff around on a new Gentrax unit. Seems a time waster all round.. as stated this unit is a cheap import, the only good thing is the remote control.. better if unit provides pure sine wave concurrent waves. This does not occur.. unit runs under load.. meaning does not provide clean 240v.
I live off grid and won’t go cheap!

David L.

David L.asked

I brought a Gentrax 3.5KW generator late last year (2019), ran it briefly (2hrs) and then haven't used it until 2 weeks ago, where I ran it for 10 hrs during a power outage. I noticed late in the day that it was leaking oil, im pretty sure it's close to empty. I've had a look around inside it, but I can't find where it might have leaked. The oil cap was screwed on tight, any advice on what may have happened or what i could check?

Regards