Ricky dee
Ricky deePerth, WA

No transparency, lack of technical information.

Disappointed with this Re-badged Xing Yue generator that will not give technical information to owners that wish to do self repair. Parts almost impossible to buy in this reseller monopoly.

Purchased in January 2016.

Stephen S.
Stephen S.Hunter Region, NSW

Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter

This genie is ideal for my needs. It runs the whole caravan Inc.A/C when needed. Very quiet even when standing next to it. Starts very well after following the instructions.

Purchased in November 2020.

Not bad for the money

Look, you get what you pay for. I have had this unit about 2 years. It has not played up until recent. I found it hard to start to begin with because I would run the carby dry when shutting it down. "Wrong", don't do it. As soon as I stopped doing that, I found it would start as per manual. The next issue was very rough running when under load. It would overload & sputter to a stop when running a 1560-1850W coffee machine.
My fix was to change the fuel filter & the plug, along with adjusting the spark gap to 0.6m, as per manual. Gap on old plug was wider. I did have some trouble finding a plug for it. Since learnt that they are a standard Ryobi type plug used in their machines & available at most Bike shops or Bunnings.
Hope this helps.

Purchased in July 2019 at Outbax for $800.00.

Shugyosha
ShugyoshaSydney, NSW

THE perfect budget generator!

Bought this little beauty last year as an emergency backup when Sydney was going through massive black outs. When it arrived, we fired it up AFTER READING ALL INSTRUCTIONS and tried it out by connecting fridge AND using toaster at the same time. Total of about 3kW...Absolutely NO PROBLEM!
Using it now mainly for electric garden tools. Hasn't missed a beat. Takes a couple of primes before start, but it's all stated in the instructions when you read them!
A LOT noisier than the specs claim. Cannot imagine using this in a camping environment at night, unless you're in an isolated area with no one else within a 50m radius.
Highly recommended as a budget backup.

Purchased in September 2020 for $610.00.

Trevor H
Trevor HMelbourne

Gentrax 3.5 kW Camping Inverter

Bought new Generator for Easter FROM OUTBAX leaking fuel called company will not exchange so no power for our Easter break Stay away from this company have no service what so ever

Stuart D.
Stuart D.Western District, VIC

I live off my generator everyday!

Purchased in April 2018 at eBay for $519.00.

Warren
WarrenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Can't start

Not happy with this generator at all. Will NEVER start. Always have to tilt it back and over fill the oil reservoir. Not sure how this generator could will any award.
Can't recommend this product.

Purchased in November 2019 for $750.00.

Nick	 Magro
Nick MagroGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Generator

I have owned this Generator for over two years, it has never let me down.
I live on a farm and run grinders and other electric tools with no problems.
Last year we went on a 11 week holiday with the caravan and ran the AC no problems for 10 hrs at a time without missing a beat.

Purchased in March 2018 for $569.00.

Bruce
BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap generator problems.

Purchased in August 2018 at outbaxcamping for $779.00.

Cookie
CookieNortheast, VIC

GREAT VALUE

Bought Gentrax 3.5Kw Inverter Generator late 2017. Complemented our solar powered motorhome and occasional home electricity interruptions. Recently started cutting out after a few seconds, so I did the recommended checks per User Manual without improvement. Emailed Outbax who suggested carby adjustment/clean but found maintenance awkward for layman. Recently, purchased lighter and quieter Yamaha 2000, but, miss the extra power and much lower price.

Purchased in July 2017.

sheryn cederblad
sheryn cederbladMid North Coast, NSW

Great Generator

Purchased our General 3.5 generator approximately 2 years ago. We use it on a monthly basis and it has never let us down. Starts 1st or 2nd pull every time and runs like a dream. Highly recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in March 2018.

Great Generator

I've had this unit for a few of years now and it has been a very handy unit to have whether away in the caravan or at home during blackouts. It's a great unit putting out all the power I need. Very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in February 2017 at Outbaxcamping for $639.00.

An essential in our bush-fire strategy.

Required a reliable portable pure sine-wave generator as a component in our bush-fire strategy.
The specification and reviews Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter indicated this was suitable. Will use full synthetic oil.

Purchased in November 2020 for $591.00.

Wayne
WayneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The ideal partner for my camping and my yacht

This is a good all round generator which covers all my electrical needs. I live between a yacht and a camp trailer travelling the country and need more than solar power to complete some of the repair jobs that require powerful electrical tools.

Purchased in November 2020 at eBay for $590.00.

amtrak
amtrakVictoria

great little machine and nicely priced,highly recomend.

Bought my generator to run the airconditioner on my six berth dog trailer.Traveled from Sale to Warrnambool and never missed a beat. except to refuel,running three and ahalf withput a stop.
Great will buy another.Would recommend to all.

Purchased in November 2020 for $689.00.