Gerni Classic 125.2

• Safety
Des

DesAdelaide

Gerni disappointed.

Bought the gerni 125.5 classic at Bunnings Jan 2019. Always temperamental. Has now stopped completely. Shame as I bought it confident that Gerni was good brand.I have done all the sensable checks, power fuse etc. The unit has disappointed.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings for A$150.00.

Matt S.

Matt S.Southwest, VIC

Failed Immediately after use

Brought this to replace a Karcher due to the promise of metal pump components and due to the strength of the Gerni brand (people use the verb “Gerni it” to describe general pressure cleaning so it MUST be good). First use was fine and worked as promised. Second use the pump kicked in intermittently. Third use it just failed completely. Been using cleaners for years so tried all normal remedies and checks. Nothing. Returned to Bunnings and they took it no questions. Was going to get the same unit and read other reviews so picked up a Ryobi instead. Definitely something wrong with production qualities for multiple people to have brand new units failing out of the box. Crazy damage to their brand! Would not buy another now.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

Liam F.

Liam F.

This thing is Junk. Beware.

Have used this pressure washer 3 or 4 times tops. Tried to use it again today and the pump motor fired for maybe 2 secs and then nothing at all... Cheap garbage. Not looking forward to returning it to Bunnings to go through it all again on the next one. If you are looking to buy one, do not buy this.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$249.00.

Safety

Colin D

Colin DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute rubbish

Purchased a Gerni 120.5 from Bunnings in July 2016 for $199.00 - used it for a total of about 20 hours to wash down the outdoor decking and patio and motor burnt out.... total JUNK !!

Purchased in July 2016 at Bunings Sunbury for A$199.00.

norm p.

norm p.Sydney, NSW

This is crap

This is a piece of junk. I received this as a xmas gift from my daughters i used it once for about 20 mins about a week later my daughter tried to wash her car it wouldn't work so i tried and i eventually got it going then 2 weeks later i tried it again and nothing i squeeze the trigger and nothing happens motor doesn't work mine is the 1740 psi model my advice if you are thinking of buying a gerni don't.. I had an old karcher which i had for 10 years before it gave up.

Purchased in December 2018 at supacheap for A$398.00.

Trent W

Trent WAU

Worked once.

Worked once, took along time to work the second time, hasn’t worked since. Absolute rubbish.

Don’t waste your money. Can’t say much more than that but need thirty words. Blah blah

Purchased in January 2019.

disspointed

disspointedCANBERRA

frustrating

We have a 120.4 gerni which worked OK..although very rarely used maybe twice a year at most........not much pressure but today its started to spray very erratically. Phoned Gerni and they said the nozzle is probably got dirt in it. To clean?? How? If high pressure wont dislodge the dirt, what will??.. Stuck a needle in small hole of the turbo spray as told but no better. Off to buy a different brand...2nd Gerni and both problematic. No 3rd chance.

Purchased in January 2016.

PerwoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can it be produced any cheaper ???

Went to Bunnings hardware and bought a gerni 125.1 unit. Quality is very low grade. . Cheap plastics and barely cleans bricks. All models same Chinese grade. Look quality assembled end

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

Perwood

look at build quality assembled before you decide on purchase

Klara

Klara

Great helper! Easy to assemble, strong and functional.

Despite some negative comments on the internet, I went ahead and bought the Gerni 125.2 model. Even the shop assistant was surprised that some people complain. Gerni has been in the business for years and has solid expertise behind. It's a solid, powerful and great helper. Would recommend everyone who wants the jobs around the house done.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

What a joke

Have had my classic 125.2 titan for as little as 2 months so I could wash my truck at home. I don't even use the foam jet as I doesn't work well. Anyway as I was washing my truck I noticed the pressure drop and on further investigation found that the unit caught fire and still was able to use it. I have sent through a number of emails regarding my concerns and have had no reply.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Dave

DaveHobart

Disappointed with this product

Not an overly expensive machine, but first unit stopped working and was replaced under warranty. Second unit lasted for the remaining warranty period ( 2 years) and this one also stopped working. Being out of warranty I took it to the local service provider who was helpful but could not fix the problem on the first attempt. I have now lost total faith in the Gerni, and with the service dealer.

It was used infrequently for “weekend projects” so I certainly would not recommend this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
aussierules002

aussierules002South East Queensland, QLD

Recommended by the Gerni Rep

I purchased this from Bunnings and the representative from Gerni happened to be in store. I told him and showed him photos of mould on concrete. He recommended this model, said it was the latest model and would do the job.
Well I tried it and it didn’t do the job, I went to buy another attachment hoping that it might get the mould off, but Bunnings said the nozzle I have would do. I tried again but to no avail, I think the brand Spit Water might have been better.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
David

DavidMelbourne

Better off Buying a Cheap Knockoff.

Boast about having a "metal pump" but just about everything else is designed to last a little longer than the 12 month warranty. Want to buy spare parts? Forget it. I've sent their Australian distributors two messages asking for help, not even a basic reply.
So many much cheaper options out there, can't be any worse, seem to work just as well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
RJM

RJMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very expensive for a disposable device

Purchased form Bunnings 10/12/2012 for $399.00. At the time it was said to be the top-of-the-line of the non-professional models. It gets 2 stars, because it It worked well for 3 years, using it annually to clean the deck and driveway; but, by 2016 it developed that 'pulsing' problem described in all the other reviews and all over the Internet. I used about it five more times in these last 2 years and now it has stopped working altogether. No power at all. It was a rather expensive investment for something I have used on less than 10 occasions. Reading the reviews of this and other brands, I think I'll just hire something from Kennards annually rather than buy another unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Peter D

Peter DPerth, WA

As Bad As Karcher?

I bought mine from Bunnings in February and returned it today. It worked for an hour then simply quit. I tried several other power points etc, nope, it's dead. It was a replacement for another Gerni, which was also a dud. I bought a Gerni after fails with Karcher, whose cheaper machines are little more than toys. Going to buy a petrol-driven cleaner and forget about both brands, I'm not game enough to spend up to their expensive models, they're not getting any more of my money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Argo54Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Are these fit for purpose? My experience says no.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Argo54

This list of reviews ought to be telling Gerni and Bunnngs something. I noticed the other day that the current line of Gernis have Danish flags all over them? Why? They are made in the PRC.

Pulsating Problem after 10 uses

I have a unit with the pulsating issue. It was intermittent at first but eventually became persistent after 6 times using it. Not happy with this one especially after reading the issue online plus it costs me a couple of hundreds of dollars from Bunnings. If you are thinking getting this I suggest get an ozito instead. At least with that brand, it either surprises you or if it fails you wont feel as bad. Either way its saves you some decent cash to spend on other things at bunnings.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Tez

TezVictoria

Great Gernie

Bought the Gernie to primarily clean around the house, but have also found it great to clean my 26ft, 3.2 metre high caravan. You can get to all points with the Gernie and the pressure is excellent to get the job done well.
Pity l did not buy it earlier as it would have saved a lot of time up the ladder!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Pepe

PepeSydney

Surprise

I have now had this little cleaner for well over four years and it still is performing well above what was expected. we live near the ocean and in amongst many trees with a very large concrete driveway and timber stairs that get grubby and mouldy so do use this machine regularly. Well worth the small amount I paid for it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Coops

CoopsThornbury

Easy of use

I was asked to buy this by my brother i am not very good with elect products the ease of use and able to handle was very easy and cut the tie by doing by hand b i would recommend to anyone young or old i haven't had my brother borrowing this to clean his caravan

Date PurchasedNov 2017