Gerni Super 145.2

Beware the cheapies.

Safety
Paul. F

Paul. FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn’t Gernie now have a 7 year warrant !

Does Gernie have 7year warranty
I read these reviews and they are concerning should I buy or go Karcher I’m torn what product do people out there reco mend for a purchase

Purchased in April 2019 at Thr1ve.

RodF

RodFSouth East Queensland, QLD

The quality that Gerni's reputation was built on is gone.

My Grandfather recommended to my father to only buy a Gerni and my father said exactly the same to thing me when it came to which pressure cleaner to purchase and rely on. Unfortunately I will be not be telling my son to buy a Gerni as the quality of the gear they sell now is complete rubbish. I've had nothing but problems with this unit and now that it is out of warranty of course the problems are just getting worse.
May as well have purchased a cheap as chips Chinese no name brand for all the problems I've had, actually I could have bought 4 or 5 for what I paid for this heap of junk.
I'll be trying a Karcher next after I pity the poor sod that takes this crap home when I put it out for the council pickup.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$550.00.

Safety

BUYER BEWARE - DISGRACEFUL PRODUCT AND SERVICE

Date PurchasedJul 2013
Ramzi

RamziGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad model for this brand

I bought this unit from Bunnings 3-4 years ago. May I took it repair 5-6 times and every time. Take 3-4 weeks to fix through Bunnings. Plus nozzle trigger problem. It is been replaced several times. And lately the braided hose blows up and it is out of warranty through gerni contact.

Date PurchasedAug 2004

TonyCentral Queensland, QLD

Handles and o rings OMG!

Bought the unit from Bunnings some 3-4 years ago, great pressure and pump works well but the constant replacement of The small hose O ring and 2 complete gun sets later I am over it to say the least, I now have 5 o ring replacement packs with only the small green hose connector replacements used out of them. Why do I have to by the entire kit every time I want to replace one o ring? Will definitely be looking at another brand next time, very frustrating with no support from Gerni to boot

Date PurchasedMay 2015
enad

enad

Gone through 3 trigger guns in 2 years!!!

Absolutely disgraceful....if Gerni are reading please tell me why your motto is "Why compromise" you should be ashamed of the complete rubbish your selling... I have had a 2 replacements guns for my 145.2 and both failed (same old story...water gushing out of gun)... to get my last from Gerni replacement I was made to sign a stat dec!!!... I have given up, and my next pressure washer will be Karcher. The fact that EVERYONE is saying the same should initiate a recall.... what a joke...what damage you have done to your reputation...was it worth it????...I wish I had COMPROMISED!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Gerni will replace the gun to a G5 for units under 2 years old

I agree with the pump being great. The gun is a real issue and a common problem.
Don't waste your time with the retailer and contact Gerni / Nilfisk support directly.
They will ask for a copy of your receipt and serial number.
As long as your unit is under 2 years old, They will send you a G5 gun if you ask for it.
This is how I got mine. Quick and easy and done in under a week.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Same problem

I also have had water running out of handle. I have replaced o-rings with no change. It seems like a major design fault and with a new upgraded replacement gun now available at a cost, I would have thought they are admitting it. They really should be exchanging at no cost!

water leaking from handle

I bought the Gerni 145.2 to handle a drain blockage which it sorted the problem with ease but at the start of cleaning the gutters of my house some weeks later ready for painting it gushed water from the handle
I had no problems when I returned the unit to Bunnings and thinking I would get a new part they gave me a new boxed gerni
very happy

Good Unit With A Major Design Weakness

kenm

kenm

Pump is good. Handle crap!

Like everyone else I had the same issue with the handle. Cracked plastic internals, blown O-rings. Bought a new gun same thing occurred. E-mailed Nilfisk about it and was told they knew of the problem and replaced with a supposedly fixed trigger gun, so far has not failed (UPDATE replacement gun also failed 12/16). While trying to find a fix or a different handle I found out that there is an upgrade handle with metal internals. This is the reply from Halls Industries "The larger, more durable G5 Trigger will suit the 145.2 gerni. It contains more brass components internally."
20/1/16 As of today the G5 gun has worked without fail Gerni/Nilfisk should have supplied as OE.

Great machine accept for the gun!!

Only five weeks old and the gun started leaking water and lost pressure. The rest of the machine is superb but let down by this rubbish gun. Bunnings have ordered a replacement gun for me but if the same thing happens again I will be returning the whole unit and look to another brand.

Pop

PopCeduna

poor product

Amanda

Amanda

Crap handles

We thought we were doing the right thing buying an expensive get I that we thought we last for years. We have had to replace the handle once in 1 year and now the handle is broken again! Will not be replacing the handle but will be checking peoples reviews for an alternate product! Don't buy!!! N

TonyR9999Sydney, NSW

Tough pump. Weak trigger.

I use mine on a professional level. As a lot of the other folks have said, this is a good tough pump, with an incredibly fragile trigger/handle unit. The trigger has let me down 4-5 times. I've unscrewed it, to make repairs, so many times some of the screws wont go back in.

But with this in mind why don't Bunnings have a big pile of trigger units on the shelves ready for a quick swap over??? I'm happy to pay - double!!! Instead I have to tell my client the job is on hold half through until this stupid part can be ordered. And I end up looking like a CHUMP.

Excuse me. I have to phone a client then go place my order at Bunnings.

Ian C

Ian CMundaring

Gerni pressure washer

great unit-rubish trigger handle!!!!!

You have to be kidding me the unit pressure and hose reel and length are perfect for me and my usage but a big but the handle is just rubbish for the cost of the unit somebody at Gerni should be held accountable I only use mine to clean the car and boat and sometimes give the deck a clean and I have just gone through my second handle since November 2014 and it's only April what a joke and what's worse is that they don't even offer an alternative from the plastic crap!!! Not only do they sell a faulty product to have no option but to get it replaced with the same crap is a joke!!! No more Germi nextime!!!!!!

jjacer

jjacerForest Lake

Great pressure washer.. gets the job done.

A great pressure washer, cleans concrete up like new and gets windows cleaner than ever. One issue is the rubber o-ring seals in the hand gun unit, these perish and get blown out the gun over time, first sign is water leaking from the hand gun and loss of pressure. The genuine Gerni o- ring kit gives you term various sized rings and costs around $25 which is outrageous considering a 100 piece kit from the plumbing section at Bunnings costs $2.75!! taking apart the gun is easier than easy as is replacing the o-ring.
Gerni pumps are made from metal not plastic and really last the distance just have to watch for those pesky o-rings.

Dissapointed with Hand Guns.

Bought 2 to trial for work. Worked well so purchased another 2.Then the guns started failing. Even though they are not heavily used,I have just purchased my 5th replacement gun and about 6 replacement washers. Very disappointed especially when they fail when your out on a job.