Giant Defy Series

Giant Defy Series

2, 3, 1

See the Best Road Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Charles

CharlesSt. Lucia

Can't go to school without it

Found this second hand 2015 defy 2 on gumtree for 700. Have taken the train for 2 hours to reach the seller's place. Still worth it. Very light to handle it. Particularly useful to me because I am studying in UQ and I have to cross the bridge which only allows bus and bikes to enter. The only problem is that I have to lose weight.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

My first road bike.

Just picked up a 2015 defy 3 for $780. I upgraded from a diamondback insight 1, & boy am I glad I went with the defy 3. I love this bike! It's really fast, comfortable, fun to ride, & overall a great bike.Like I said it's my first road bike so I'm still trying to get the feel for it, it's a lot different than a hybrid. In closing I should have got a giant a long time ago, & I highly recommend getting a defy 3. Thank you.

Blunderbuss

BlunderbussAU

Love it!

Picked up a 2011 Defy3 last year on sale for $650. It's the best purchase I've ever made. I now ride it 5-6 days a week to commute and for long recreational rides. It's quick enough for me to get KOMs on some popular strava segments and very comfy on long rides. The Sora gears are still going fine after over 4000 kms. I'm looking to upgrade in a year or two, when I reckon the gears will be shot, but I'll be looking to upgrade to another Defy.

The wheels aren't the best, but for the price are very reasonable

Viktoria

ViktoriaNSW, 2007

Moke1310

Moke1310

Bike purchased to replace / compliment an old 10 speed, a MTB and Giant Hybrid. After returning to cycling I had improved to the point I wanted something faster. My comparisons can only be to my other bikes but I find the gear change easy to use and falls easily to hand. Comfortable and with good geometry. Allows me to keep up with much more expensive bikes.
Good value - especially since Aus$ went up. Fast and comfortable. Looks good on the road. Great back up from my dealer.
Brakes set up for riding using the drop handles, would be nice to have some on the flat handle like the bikes of old did.

WalM

WalMasked

Recently purchased Defy Advanced 1 and have popped 2 rear spokes within 2 months. Wheels supposedly rated to 136k and I am 90k. Now going back to Giant for warranty assessment and may take up to 3 weeks, no bike, no riding can't Giant do better than this?

Get an answer from our members and Giant representatives